First Page 2 3 ... 443 444 445 ... 447 448 449
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-08-26 11:38:17
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yso said: »
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Games great to get back into. If you ever wanted to gear a job and be strong there is a ton of content you can do that on with a lot of mid-level gear to play with.

only starts to slog when you reach the top (prime weapons/V20+)then it slows to a crawl.

I have fairly up to date gear with how game was 5 years ago. How's the ingame economy in general?

Money is less necessary now than it has been in the past. I'd say it's this era of FFXI is less dependent on money in general, as most of the best gear in the game is acquired through Content and the gear is ra/ex. The exception to this is a small number of Superior Armor and a few accessories here and there, and Kraken Club. Everything else is reasonably affordable and less expensive in general, and if you're on Asura, the AH is consistently stocked with mats.

Ambuscade monthly still gives players a sizeable chunk of gil to live off of, assuming they don't need the mats for their own REMA weapons. You can get 1m(2m if you do accolades) weekly from sparks, and usually at least 1m every day via Odyssey Sheol C Segment Farming. I don't know when A.M.A.N. Trove went into effect, but it's basically an updated Treasures & Tribulations BCNM that gives you free stuff (high end gear included). It requires an Orb to enter, which costs Silver Vouchers to buy. Many people save their vouchers and sell their orbs to buyers for gil, so that is an option if you are looking to make some money. All of the former methods for making money (HTBF, Salvage, Merc) still exist, but like I said, Gil is less necessary to survive off of nowadays than in the past.

Chances are if you were geared up 5 years ago, you're a good bit behind now in terms of gear (thats a good thing, gives you something to do and work on). Empyrean +3 is extremely powerful and is some of the best "free" gear you can get now. The sets from Odyssey: Gaol are very good too, and those are very inexpensive to purchase just the base items, so you won't need a ton of money for those.

People who have taken a break from the game will find that now is the perfect time to try a few new jobs they've never bothered with before, as the costs are relatively down and the pressure has subsided a bit. Also a good time to catch up on quests and missions
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-08-26 12:09:59
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I'd say it's this era of FFXI is less dependent on money in general, as most of the best gear in the game is acquired through Content and the gear is ra/ex.
He's on Asura, No one there partakes in content, they buy their gear from mercs and stand infront of the MH showing off "how good they are at FFXI", so money is very important there.
 Bahamut.Senaki
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Senaki
By Bahamut.Senaki 2024-08-26 12:34:23
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yso said: »
Been gone about 5 years. Can someone up to speed me on anything significant?

I came back after a 2 year break ish.

Off the top of my head:
*Sortie (Empy+2/3, prime weapons)
*Ody C (gil: 500k-1m per clear, 20 hr reset)
*Ody NMs (some of better gear in game right now, NMs are a challenge even today)
*TVR (new free add-on expansion ish, new story, some good accessories)
*Master Levels (new job point farm of sorts)
*New Master Trials (Dagger, Polearm, GK)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-08-26 12:41:42
Link | Citer | R

*Peach Power Battlefield
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-08-26 12:56:31
Link | Citer | R

*Peach Power Battlefield

Every update should be adding in these type of fights but SE too *** trash at doing anything productive for paying players to be bothered... ugh
[+]
By zixxer 2024-08-26 13:35:53
Link | Citer | R

*Peach Power Battlefield

Full disclosure though. That imp ki farming almost broke me.
By zixxer 2024-08-26 13:40:52
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said:
Empyrean +3 is extremely powerful and is some of the best "free" gear you can get now.

I felt so cheated when we were capped at 100k muffins, only to learn later that we needed millions for the weapons.
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
Serveur: Asura
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2024-08-26 16:17:40
Link | Citer | R

zixxer said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said:
Empyrean +3 is extremely powerful and is some of the best "free" gear you can get now.

I felt so cheated when we were capped at 100k muffins, only to learn later that we needed millions for the weapons.

They really should have upped the cap, even to 500k would've been reasonable and had little impact on the end timeline for primes.
[+]
By Seun 2024-08-26 16:20:15
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said:

Were there really that many people finished with +3 upgrades before the cap was lifted? The psyches from monthly RoE seemed like more of a damper than the galli cap. I don't think people were cranking out more galli than they could hold back then.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-08-26 16:53:13
Link | Citer | R

should make primes - 500k, 1m, 1m

wouldn't change a thing since you need to do ROE for 6 months - lmao dumpster fire devs be like
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-08-26 17:00:09
Link | Citer | R

Thats why I think the *** "people will get muffins easier and everyone will have all the prime weapons" excuse of why Sortie cant be alliance based is garbage. Unless someone comes up with a way to reset or bypass the monthly RoE lockout, its gonna be 6 months per prime one way or another.

Yes I know thats not the only excuse, people have said "the infrastructure cant keep up and its laggy". Thats a SE being cheap issue, not a gameplay issue.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-08-26 17:13:26
Link | Citer | R

Seun said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said:

Were there really that many people finished with +3 upgrades before the cap was lifted? The psyches from monthly RoE seemed like more of a damper than the galli cap. I don't think people were cranking out more galli than they could hold back then.

***. The entire 100k cap was a setup that SE intentionally designed to stop people from making too much progress before they released primes. It's one of the most anti-customer things they have done in recent years, and it was their way of prolonging the content's life in an artificial way.

I vividly remember holding on to ~70-90k+ galli with NO starstones in my inventory, debating if i should spend my galli with Ruspix to get a starstone and then upgrade the next day after Sortie (in some cases, it would be TWO whole days), or just do the run and pray to RNGesus that I get a Starstone in the next run so I could upgrade that day. If you had a consistent group, you always knew how many points you would end up with, so if you didn't want to waste galli and were close to the cap, you needed to either spend your points before going in by making something you didn't want, buy a starstone for the unbelievably exorbitant price of 90k galli and wait two days to upgrade to +3, or just lose points because you'd hit the cap.

I can't tell you how many times I chose to buy a starstone and then I got 2 that very run, essentially "wasting" points. Or I said "no, im saving my points" and then 2 runs went by and never got a starstone. The ***was designed on purpose to frustrate your progress until they finally released primes, then the cap was lifted. I now am sitting on 13 starstones and 2 stacks of sapphires with almost nothing left to make besides side jobs I haven't gotten to yet, but I promise you, if they didn't put that 100k cap in place, I would have had a million galli well before they released primes.

By contrast, SE gave us "Segments" long before there was anything useful to spend segments on, but there was never any cap, so people took their time doing Seg runs because it wasn't necessary at the time. People who started early got out to a nice chunk, and most people never ran out when A1-4 bosses were released. They went an entirely different route with Primes and I am positive it was built that way to stop people from grinding too hard before the product was finished. This led to people like me being upset with Sortie and SE, and some people took long breaks or just quit. Ask Ruaumoko why he left, he'll tell you that 100k galli cap was the final straw.

We aren't gonna rewrite history here, that 100k galli cap was the most infuriating ***they've ever pulled in years.
[+]
By Seun 2024-08-26 17:50:03
Link | Citer | R

I promise you, if they didn't put that 100k cap in place, I would have had a million galli well before they released primes.

You're telling me that you were forced to spend 1M galli on starstones to keep from capping?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-08-26 18:52:39
Link | Citer | R

Timeline of events:
August 2022: sortie added, top floor only, 100k cap
October 2022: basement added
November 2022: Eikondrite added
May 2023: Voracious Psyche added, TVR finished, cap raised to 100 million

Even if basement strats were still being fleshed out over those eight months and people were making a paltry 20k per run (they were making more, two basement NM's alone is 20k), 20k per day over 4 months (~120 days, very heavily factoring out pre-basement and not going every day) is 2,400,000 muffins.

Why does the concept of someone having burned 1 mil muffins on starstones to not waste said muffins due to a low cap seem so far fetched to you??

If you're gonna say some dumbass ***like "well you werent forced to, SE didnt put a gun to ur head, u coulda got old cases, or just not worried about the wasted currency", I'll let you know right now, I'm flagging it for blatant trolling, because thats what that response is.
[+]
By Seun 2024-08-26 19:22:18
Link | Citer | R

Everyone is getting their 60 psyches and 4 meso and the galli is the bottleneck?
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-08-26 19:54:35
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
everyone will have all the prime weapons
Issue isn't everyone having the prime weapons, it's that once people have the option to leech runs (because every run just got 12 leech spots opened up), they will. That'll make it harder for people who want to actually play the content to find groups, and they'll be told to just leech it. Again, how many organic exp groups form these days?

You can't have the 'final' content in the game be free leech for anyone who finishes adoulin missions, because it erases all other content and sense of progression from the game. I know this is hard to follow, but I'm guessing we'll just have to agree to disagree and I'll have to be glad SE sees it for what it is.

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
"the infrastructure cant keep up and its laggy". Thats a SE being cheap issue, not a gameplay issue.
It is a software issue. Still 'being cheap' in a way, but they can't just buy better servers and have it fix itself.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-08-26 20:15:28
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »
(because every run just got 12 leech spots opened up)

Solution A:
Galli beyond 6 people is split up. Those leech spots become less valuable as you add more leeches.

Solution B, which is what they would likely implement:
Their shitty HP scaling. Reisen Helm's are about 20% HP boost from base per char. Presuming they copy this forumula over, basement bosses would be an extra ~300k per leech, Aminon would be an extra mil per leech.

Leeches also cant enter and afk.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-08-26 20:30:29
Link | Citer | R

I promise you, if they didn't put that 100k cap in place, I would have had a million galli well before they released primes.

You're telling me that you were forced to spend 1M galli on starstones to keep from capping?

I don't remember how many times I hit the cap and was forced to spend on starstones and +2 gear I didn't need (for jobs i don't play), or how many times I just allowed my galli to hit 100k and not spend because I was hoping for a starstone drop. But it happened quite a few times, and even just buying 10 stones, thats 900k in galli. The cap absolutely impacted people's overall galli in the long run.

Everyone is getting their 60 psyches and 4 meso and the galli is the bottleneck?

I'm not concerned about this, because it didn't exist at the time. I am OK with the grind in the long run, but early on, SE made it a focus to stifle progress for no other reason besides making the content last longer. It was a lazy approach
[+]
By Seun 2024-08-26 21:06:06
Link | Citer | R

I'm not concerned about this, because it didn't exist at the time. I am OK with the grind in the long run, but early on, SE made it a focus to stifle progress for no other reason besides making the content last longer. It was a lazy approach

Yeah, I'm not defending their design choices here. Simply stating that unless you're sitting on all the other materials for a weapon upgrade but the galli, the cap really didn't affect you. Was it annoying or obnoxious? Sure. Did it slow your progress? I don't see it.

The RoEs stretch this out long enough that if you're active and even moderately efficient, you're not struggling for gear or the weapon.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-08-26 21:21:46
Link | Citer | R

He could have spent a lot of time doing other things other than sortie for what turned out to be no reason.
By Seun 2024-08-26 21:35:10
Link | Citer | R

Empyrean armor and prime are the only reason to be there. It's not like other types of content that are still rewarding in terms of gil, CP, ect.

I guess the earrings are reason for people to continue grinding, but not for me personally. I finish armor and weapons, I'm done.
 Asura.Yso
By Asura.Yso 2024-08-27 02:54:01
Link | Citer | R

What's this about RoE? A new kind of points they added?
By Pantafernando 2024-08-27 03:11:55
Link | Citer | R

We gonna need to nerf the Sortie items npcable.

It will break the economy and everyone will start doing Sortie again, what would increase the reveneu and attract even more subs and new players

Worst update ever
By Virlym 2024-08-27 05:12:09
Link | Citer | R

The wording kinda sucks. I assume all it means is that we'll be able to sell sapphires/starstones for 4K like the other items, but part of me hopes it's something more relevant than that.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2024-08-27 05:22:18
Link | Citer | R

They seem to be ignoring the chance to upgrade Empy+2/+3 armor by trading an excess amount of Sapphire/Starstones without using Gallimaufry.

Would've been a nice catch-up mechanic for returning players who also want to work on a prime but I guess the numbers fitting into this category are too small for SE to bother and maybe they're right, I guess.
By Pantafernando 2024-08-27 05:41:50
Link | Citer | R

I would nake those stones worth some amount of muffins, then make them bazaarable.

Though, you would also need to increase three times the Sortie instances available, and make it at least 3 party members
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-08-27 06:26:01
Link | Citer | R

I'd love to give my trinkets away to my LS mates.... They're just inventory eater's these days, and I'm huffing copium that they'll make use of them so I won't feel FOMO for dropping them.

And this is mostly from my static I formed early this year. I'm sure people who were Day 1 insane have a much shinier collection of coal.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-08-27 06:56:04
Link | Citer | R

Sapphire: 100 gil
Starstone: 150 gil
Eikondrite: 50 gil
Octahedrite: 300 gil
Hexahedrite: 400 gil
Mesosiderite: 500 gil

Voracious Psyche: still not NPCable, doesnt drop in Sortie.

Enjoy these changes
By Pantafernando 2024-08-27 06:58:01
Link | Citer | R

If the earrings are 4k, I would expect something up to 10k
By Ranoutofspace 2024-08-27 07:49:15
Link | Citer | R

When "you will now be able to NPC 2 more items from one event" becomes the update preview, maybe its time to pull the plug. Jesus Christ is that a depressing preview.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 443 444 445 ... 447 448 449