Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 416 417 418 ... 447 448 449
By Taint 2024-04-09 07:57:36
Link | Citer | R

K123 said: »
Overall it would result in people taking 12 mules to make their primes.

Or people using their Primes. People making weapons and still going Mage every night. Unfortunately mules fill the roles people don't want to play more than anything.
[+]
By Dodik 2024-04-09 08:10:15
Link | Citer | R

I want to do sortie!

Oh, I also only have Nin dd to take. Carry-me-pls-ok-thx.

Sortie is the you need to be this tall kind of ride. Do some growing and come back.
[+]
 Asura.Thunderjet
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-04-09 08:11:21
Link | Citer | R

i can bring a geo or a paladin or a rdm or a sam or a rune or a ninja ok
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-04-09 08:51:19
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Negan said: »
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Stellar Blade discourse
YouTube Video Placeholder
inc stellar blade cosplay
VIP
By Lili 2024-04-09 08:59:58
Link | Citer | R

Seun said: »
Scaling content currently favors taking less people to make it easier. HELMs, omen objectives, ect.

This is not a bad thing, in general, as it requires extra characters to be able to carry their own weight, at lest until we overlevel past the content (I did all Geas Fete with just three people, recently), thus reducing the issue of people who just enter then afk at entrance.

It would be really nice to have finally some alliance content where the entire alliance matters and it's not just free slots for mercs to sell clears.
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2024-04-09 09:16:20
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Mhysa said: »
Sortie would have been way more fun as an Alliance content, than what it is right now. I feel like they could have used the gimmick of "the more people, the more it scales in difficulty".

Except they've proven they don't understand how to implement that gimmick. Scaling content currently favors taking less people to make it easier. HELMs, omen objectives, ect.

You don't have to scale the difficulty that way, IMO you could motivate players to go in as an alliance by reducing the amount of time in zone and reducing rewards. A full alliance gets 20-30min with reduced rewards that balance out, a 6 person party gets an hour but increased rewards. Going with a full alliance can optimize the run time with equal rewards.

The problem, and the reason this will never happen, is AFAIK the boss zones are the same area so they can't do multiple bosses at once. I'm sure that could be worked around as players but I doubt they'll add alliances with that limitation.

I used to be a fan of this approach, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized I was just trying to find a way to make Sortie shorter duration so I could do other stuff I wanted to do. It's hard enough trying to organize 6 players in a non-static to do Sortie on a semi-regular basis, trying to pull 18 competent people together so you can do stuff you care about would be a nightmare. Soon it'd become another 75-cap dynamis situation where you had a second job for 18 people, at least with a small group you don't have to find a ton of reps to make it efficient. I realized that hating it so much, it was better off for me to just do something else and that's when I quit doing Sortie. It would've made more sense to balance it for alliances when it released, when more players were here and interested in doing it, it would've helped keep people doing stuff together instead of isolating people because the party was full. Now, with so many quitting or being banned, I just don't see much sense in it and it would just turn into another chore trying to max it out.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-04-09 09:18:12
Link | Citer | R

bad: "we cant do alliance content because mercs exist"
good: "7th and 8th wheelers are quitting because they're demotivated about being stuck on V15/V20 or left out of Sortie runs"
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2024-04-09 09:57:07
Link | Citer | R

Just Do Not Scale Period.

Seriously, this is a 20 year old game, there is absolutely no reason for to make some sort of "uber hard or GTFO" group content. Let people have fun, let people do goofy stuff, let people relax on a Friday night and screw around while drinking some beers. Private elite groups can still kick butt with six people, more casual groups can bring an army.

And no mules do not help with "pop sets" in sortie. Everyone who needs to fight a boss needs all the temp items, you can't use alts to "take people in", they won't be allowed in.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-04-09 10:09:45
Link | Citer | R

Square wants that beer money spent on next months sub.

Let everyone win so they can buy beer and quit is a bad financial decision.

Keep the idiots subbed perpetually unable to win but unable to rub enough braincells to realize, good financial decision.

Business first.
 Asura.Iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2024-04-09 10:20:08
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
Seriously, this is a 20 year old game, there is absolutely no reason for to make some sort of "uber hard or GTFO" group content. Let people have fun, let people do goofy stuff, let people relay on a Friday night and screw around while drinking some beers. Private elite groups can still kick butt with six people, more casual groups can bring an army.

That's fair and I agree, but SE is never going to allow content to be done that way without some form of penalty. Sortie was designed to be inefficient from the getgo, they aren't going to make it so people can be more effective without some form of penalty. It's dumb, especially considering the main sources of galli are bosses and what you can get from them is hard capped, but it is what it is.

Then again, it's moot, because they aren't going to allow more than 6 people in.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2024-04-09 10:32:12
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Iamaman said: »
Seriously, this is a 20 year old game, there is absolutely no reason for to make some sort of "uber hard or GTFO" group content. Let people have fun, let people do goofy stuff, let people relay on a Friday night and screw around while drinking some beers. Private elite groups can still kick butt with six people, more casual groups can bring an army.

That's fair and I agree, but SE is never going to allow content to be done that way without some form of penalty. Sortie was designed to be inefficient from the getgo, they aren't going to make it so people can be more effective without some form of penalty. It's dumb, especially considering the main sources of galli are bosses and what you can get from them is hard capped, but it is what it is.

Then again, it's moot, because they aren't going to allow more than 6 people in.

Thing is, adding more people wouldn't make it "more efficient", six man groups can already do 9 boss runs. It would just let casual groups relax and enjoy screwing off without being punished for it.
[+]
By Seun 2024-04-09 10:36:26
Link | Citer | R

Lili said: »
Scaling content currently favors taking less people to make it easier. HELMs, omen objectives, ect.

This is not a bad thing, in general, as it requires extra characters to be able to carry their own weight, at lest until we overlevel past the content (I did all Geas Fete with just three people, recently), thus reducing the issue of people who just enter then afk at entrance.

Most people asking for alliance content want it to be easy. Easy is flexible and flexible means you can take whatever job you want to play and your group is still successful.

Daily alliance content. Yeah, I don't think there's enough dedication to prime weapons for that. It's hard enough to get people on twice a week.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-04-09 10:45:10
Link | Citer | R

They would do it, and do it every single day, and/or buy their way in and do it as fast as possible so they could stop doing it.

Then unsub and only come back when they new thing is added in november to complain about that.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-04-09 11:37:46
Link | Citer | R

Can someone ask him how people will get their prime weapons in less than 6 months? Does he know of some exploit to reset Roe Quests 4?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-04-09 12:06:59
Link | Citer | R

Or just dont make a penalty?
Delve doesnt cut plasm based on party size. Dyna-D Statue Crusher doesnt penalize personal loot based on party size. Omen doesnt penalize based on party size (lmao imagine "All WS: 150 times). Vagary doesnt penalize based on party size.

Of all of them, the closest in similarity to Sortie and Sheol would be Delve, as it has a personal currency. The problem with Delve was that people could literally farm it all day long, whereas Sortie and Gaol have a lockout timer.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2024-04-09 12:16:57
Link | Citer | R

Most people asking for alliance content want it to be easy. Easy is flexible and flexible means you can take whatever job you want to play and your group is still successful.

Daily alliance content. Yeah, I don't think there's enough dedication to prime weapons for that. It's hard enough to get people on twice a week.

The people who would do this absolutely would not do it daily, people doing this daily will burn themselves out. The FOMO is real and people need to just walk away from it, just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

Alliance stuff is usually two times a week, once of which is a weekend evening. This is why I mention hanging out with friends and drinking alcoholic beverages while doing so. It's relaxing with your friends that makes it fun to do, and right now you can't have more then five friends.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-04-09 12:40:37
Link | Citer | R

Turning 6man content into alliance content just means you're going to have chinese shouting '80k galli 2M 8/18' all day, and instead of having 8 people who can't fit into 6 slots you'll have 4 people left trying to actually do the content while the other 4 buy from the chinese shouters.

Alliance content should be designed for alliances, and yes, in a way that scales somehow. The flexibility of allowing additional buff stacking drastically outweighs a standard HP scale anyway.
[+]
By Seun 2024-04-09 12:44:42
Link | Citer | R

Alliance stuff is usually two times a week, once of which is a weekend evening. This is why I mention hanging out with friends and drinking alcoholic beverages while doing so. It's relaxing with your friends that makes it fun to do, and right now you can't have more then five friends.

New Key Item: Triplix Plate

As with the others, this key item starts charging when you exit Sortie. The KI becomes fully charged after 72 hours. If you enter Sortie at any point prior to charging fully, the KI resets on exit. Upon reaching full charge, the following Sortie run rewards 3x points and lootz.

Fix'd?
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2024-04-09 13:06:53
Link | Citer | R

New Key Item: Triplix Plate

As with the others, this key item starts charging when you exit Sortie. The KI becomes fully charged after 72 hours. If you enter Sortie at any point prior to charging fully, the KI resets on exit. Upon reaching full charge, the following Sortie run rewards 3x points and lootz.

Fix'd?

Hell just x2 points would be good enough for most groups, but 3x on a 72hr recharge, yeah.

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Turning 6man content into alliance content just means you're going to have chinese shouting '80k galli 2M 8/18' all day, and instead of having 8 people who can't fit into 6 slots you'll have 4 people left trying to actually do the content while the other 4 buy from the chinese shouters.

That is irrelevant. Turning on the servers just means we'll have chinese shouting to sell stuff. Doesn't mean it's a reason not to turn on the servers.
 Asura.Iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2024-04-09 13:08:50
Link | Citer | R

I don't know that I care at this point. I'd rather SE tailor content to people playing the game that fosters community and enjoyment in the latter years of the game. I'd rather the content be inclusive and enjoyable, accepting the cost that some will abuse it. If people want to merc it, fine, let them, let the rest of us bring people interested in drinking and finding creative ways to MPK each other while earning some galli do it.

I also don't know that it'll materially matter. People will get Empy+3 faster, but mercing an entire prime would still take a long time.

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Or just dont make a penalty?

Yep, as I said above to Saevel, I agree.

SE won't, though. They specifically designed this content to be dragged out. They won't do anything they perceive as upsetting that balance and their perception is it'll be more efficient. While I think it would make things more efficient for highly optimized groups, whatever increase is marginal since the highest galli earning goals would still be capped. I largely agree for most of the population it would help bridge the gap between more casual groups and efficient groups, and would maybe make it more fun. SE won't see it like that, they'll see it as derailing intended design goals even if it isn't or is only marginally doing that.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2024-04-09 13:11:08
Link | Citer | R

Fix'd?
Would be a nice idea but they'll never do it because over the last few years they have showed aplenty that, wether for right or for wrong, their main intent is to give players reasons to login every *** day, even if just for 1hr.

Some attempts to achieve have been borderline to forcing players to do it.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-04-09 13:12:52
Link | Citer | R

It's so ridiculous that people can't wrap their head around the obvious. Some of you get it. Not nearly enough.

Sortie is supposed to last a minimum of a year. It's the only content added for the entire year, it has to last that entire year. Just like every other content added in the last 5 years.

And for the hardcore people that want 4 or 12 primes, it lasts 4 or 5 years. that's it's only goal. Keep you on for year(s). You can't possibly think they're going to kneecap the *** thing's sole purpose.

If you want a "better design plan" stop participating in the current design plan.
[+]
By Dodik 2024-04-09 13:16:28
Link | Citer | R

Isn't Dynamis the have fun with a full alliance on a Friday night kind of thing?

Not everything has to be alliance, and I like the smaller group content in sortie.

Can still shoot the breeze on discord or w/e while running around. It's a lot of running around, you're not always doing things.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-04-09 13:28:25
Link | Citer | R

I also don't know that it'll materially matter. People will get Empy+3 faster, but mercing an entire prime would still take a long time.

It matters in the context of creating groups. When you can sell 10 slots per run while still getting effectively max output, a considerable portion of active groups will try to sell those slots. Runs become very cheap, and since a huge number of players are more interested in having things than doing the content to get them.. you're likely to erode the people willing to do Sortie with you.

Why pay attention for an hour if you can throw on auto-follow, turn on the TV, and get the same galli for less than $1 in gil? I'm not saying that's how people should look at the game, but you'd be lying to yourself to say a good portion don't see it that way. It's a compulsion to get gear/prime, not enjoyment of the content, that drives them.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-04-09 13:45:16
Link | Citer | R

Who cares about mercs????
Ffs
If people are quitting because theyre demoralized about not being able to get through content or even being able to participate in said content because a game that permitted alliance play as a thing became 6 person only, who cares about the mercs??

If someone mercs their prime, who cares?? A shitty player without a prime is gonna be a shitty player with a prime.

“Muh prime wont be as shiny because Galkapryme and masterbuyer have one”
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-04-09 13:54:40
Link | Citer | R

I never once argued about shinies or exclusion, I have no primes and don't plan to grind any. I said that if you can bring 10 leeches a run, some of the people choosing to buy leech runs are going to be the same people you were hoping would group with you. People who are buying their runs are taken out of the pool who you can form a group with.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-04-09 14:00:41
Link | Citer | R

I wouldnt invite them anyways. 99% chance theyre the “i have sam only” running around with their Kaja Tachi and Flamma+1.

Not that Im hating on people with inferior gear, but if youre trying to climb the ladder, you better have jobs that are useful poorly geared (healer or support). I can work with a roll only cor using Barataria. I cant do ***with a kaja tachi sam
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-04-09 14:07:56
Link | Citer | R

Also, youre forgetting one important thing:
How much demand would there be? You cant run sortie 24/7 like you can with an EP bot.

Will RMT create 24 parties of top tier characters to carry leeches through sortie? Code the bot to ensure all the leeches (that are afk) port to the boss chambers?

RNT can bot EP since it can run 24/7, people can join and leave at anyones convenience. That doesnt work for Sortie or Odyssey.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-04-09 14:09:57
Link | Citer | R

Doesn't have to just be RMT, every group already going with 6 has 12 leech spots available. If they add a couple friends, still likely to have 10.

There are at least a dozen RMT sorties a day on asura though, if not more, already. People pay $$$ to have them log in their chars and do it, then they use those characters to form parties without having their own. [The people paying aren't always aware of this, and it's not that uncommon for someone to buy odyssey/sortie and have their character whored out for farming EP or something else all day, too.]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-04-09 14:13:27
Link | Citer | R

If they add a couple friends
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 416 417 418 ... 447 448 449