First Page 2 3 ... 342 343 344 ... 425 426 427
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-12-05 10:30:34
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
What do you think we're getting for December login reward?

Same as November, they didn't have time to complete it in time.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2022-12-05 10:31:34
Link | Citer | R

Murdock said: »
Give us a T-Rex Mount!

"Objects in the mirror are closer than they appear".
[+]
 Asura.Melliny
Serveur: Asura
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2022-12-05 10:37:09
Link | Citer | R

Must go faster. Must go faster.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-12-05 11:40:07
Link | Citer | R

Between Master Levels (an insane grind), odyssey V25 clears (back to seg farming) and R30 max augments, Empyrean +3/Sortie Earrings, and eventually Prime weapons (suspected to be an equally insane grind just based off history), they sure have thrown a lot of things for us to do over the last few months. People were complaining how lackluster the 20th anniversary was (initially it was underwhelming), but this is the most content I’ve seen them pump out this quickly in a long time.

Idk, if you guys are not seeing all the things they’ve been doing to keep you busy or just don’t like the content, you should just move on from the game. It’s not going to change at all in the future and this is exactly what they will continue do until this game dies. At least you can never say there’s nothing to do, it’s actually a little overwhelming to a degree.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2022-12-05 11:56:23
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Between Master Levels (an insane grind), odyssey V25 clears (back to seg farming) and R30 max augments, Empyrean +3/Sortie Earrings, and eventually Prime weapons (suspected to be an equally insane grind just based off history), they sure have thrown a lot of things for us to do over the last few months. People were complaining how lackluster the 20th anniversary was (initially it was underwhelming), but this is the most content I’ve seen them pump out this quickly in a long time.

Idk, if you guys are not seeing all the things they’ve been doing to keep you busy or just don’t like the content, you should just move on from the game. It’s not going to change at all in the future and this is exactly what they will continue do until this game dies. At least you can never say there’s nothing to do, it’s actually a little overwhelming to a degree.

All true, but I would say that at least for me (and some others I've spoken to on this subject, but not all), the biggest letdown from the "20th Anniversary" is it was built up for at least 4 months as May. It was never sold as "a year of anniversary celebration" until the bitching started post-May when damn near NOTHING happened.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-12-05 11:59:17
Link | Citer | R

Probably another case of SE pointing their fingers back at us and saying "That's what you guys interpreted vs what WE actually said". I'm not shaming the complaints, I am just pointing out that it didn't end up as the nothingburger we had thought it would. (Though they didn't do anything about auto target yet)
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2022-12-05 12:00:48
Link | Citer | R

definitely. I lately fault their crappy localization teams for a LOT of the issues English Speaking players have with XI.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-12-05 14:21:27
Link | Citer | R

I don't actually remember even the English side pointing to May, as opposed to just 2022. I've asked for sources from SE on this topic before, and no one could find me a source that specifically stated May.

I believe it was caused by people assuming SE's precision on the aniversary was intended to be down to the month, and then it got mandela effect'd into people thinking they specifically read that, topped with a feedback loop of people that were misremembering hyping it up for months, making other people think May was confirmed.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-12-05 16:24:48
Link | Citer | R

In general when you celebrate a milestone it's celebrated in the micro not the macro. Generally you don't have an entire year to celebrate a single day.

Expectations were obviously too high, which I told everyone to temper repeatedly lol

I mean why not just celebrate the entire decade as the 20th anni, right? Cause it's a specific date.

On top of the fact that they announced it like 3 years out? Why did they do that for nothing. It was a mislead on purpose.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-12-05 16:40:19
Link | Citer | R

Matsui 2019:
Quote:
However, lately, FFXI’s plans and budget are decided on a one year basis, so hypothetically speaking, even if we wanted to do something big for the anniversary which is in May, because of the way the company runs, we would have to get the budget approved at the end of the previous fiscal year, which is in March. Therefore, we wouldn’t be able to finish the preparations on time. When thinking in that aspect, we would have to make a “few years contract”.

Which they did, they got the multi year fiscal plans set, and then *** off with it.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-12-05 16:51:30
Link | Citer | R

Yo Dawg, I herd you like grind, so I put grind in your grind so you can grind while you play.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-12-05 17:23:27
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
In general when you celebrate a milestone it's celebrated in the micro not the macro. Generally you don't have an entire year to celebrate a single day.
For smaller personal things, that's usually true, but generally for entities the size of companies that's less so. It's really common for company-endorsed anniversary content to just happen "somewhere" within that year. For example, Sonic Mania was released for Sonic's 25th anniversary, despite releasing in August instead of the original year's June.

That quote you gave in the following post was giving a what-if scenario, and never actually said they were going to shoot for that month, unless you have a better quote. I know of that one, but was looking for one that actually said they were planning something for May.
By Draylo 2022-12-05 17:55:00
Link | Citer | R

I did want them to keep adding content to keep players going. I think they are doing that at the least, even tho Sortie is kinda boring imo. I think theres a good amount of things to do now, and once they add another type of end game content with the finale of this new storyline, it will probably last a good while like Escha is/was.

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »

All true, but I would say that at least for me (and some others I've spoken to on this subject, but not all), the biggest letdown from the "20th Anniversary" is it was built up for at least 4 months as May. It was never sold as "a year of anniversary celebration" until the bitching started post-May when damn near NOTHING happened.

yeah that was a huge letdown for me. I know people kept saying we all misinterpreted what they were saying, but it was pretty obvious they pulled a fast one.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-12-05 19:16:42
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
I did want them to keep adding content to keep players going. I think they are doing that at the least, even tho Sortie is kinda boring imo. I think theres a good amount of things to do now, and once they add another type of end game content with the finale of this new storyline, it will probably last a good while like Escha is/was.

That is certainly the large hope. I'm honestly expecting less than I want it to be because they have managed to layer the content they have put out this year so consistently. It definitely feels like Odyssey is older content they brushed off that was already half done a long time ago and they've used it to coast. We could get the Campaign version of Valhalla or the HTBF version for the end of TVR. It's really hard to guess with the amount of info I've seen them give out during interviews or freshly picked.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-12-05 20:12:01
Link | Citer | R

They might not even be done with Sortie. Original Vagary bosses dropped gear. They can always add that stuff later if they wanted to keep people interested. Or use the current Gallimaufry system as a point exchange for gear like DI.
[+]
By Nariont 2022-12-05 21:34:48
Link | Citer | R

They could but if it hasnt been done yet im kinda skeptical they will, instead thinking emp+2/3 and jse ears are enough
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-12-05 21:42:47
Link | Citer | R

The rate for getting the earring you want should indeed be more than enough, but never underestimate their ability to *** it up even more with the lamest body ever +1

It's very odd to have zero sellables.

It's a tough call though. How many are dumb enough to just keep spamming it for earrings vs how many wise up and stop. Winner decides if the last boss gets .000001% armor or not.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-12-05 22:27:32
Link | Citer | R

Nariont said: »
They could but if it hasnt been done yet im kinda skeptical they will

Yeah they don't announce any of their plans but I don't go off of the whole "it hasn't been done by now so why would they" narrative. They go back and add gil and segment reward to odyssey. They go back and add amplifiers. They add new augment materials to ambuscade. They did a ton of updates to DynaD when it was released. Probably something to do with player feedback. If they see people aren't enjoying it, they sometimes respond.

Except for Shinryu of course, they ain't doing jack for that fight. It's a wrap.
By Serjero 2022-12-05 23:17:16
Link | Citer | R

Shinryu got fixed when they added the Crep drops to AMAN Trove. 8/8 on crepuscular items since then. I think with Scythe being the only "Rare" item I ever got off Shinryu himself and that was before the Merit cost change.
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2022-12-06 01:08:24
Link | Citer | R

My guess is that if they are going to add sellables then it would have something to do with the final stage(s) of the Prime Weapons. It would probably be something that drops from chests/bosses and can be bought with Galli. I'm not sure if I would like that or not, but at least it would give players incentives to keep doing the content when all of their desired weapons/gear are finished.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-12-06 01:26:54
Link | Citer | R

I dunno, Aeonic had none, and Empyrean too had none until the level 95 stage was released.

I mean, it sure feels a bit strange to not have sellables, but not entirely out of the picture eh.
If anything what feels even stranger to me is the fact that Eikondrites seem to be useless after the stage2 for which you need only one.

I mean, why even have a repeatable drop when they could've used a KI or a one-time-drop thing?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-12-06 01:50:53
Link | Citer | R

Aeonics had sellables with Vulcanites, eschalixir +2, fern stones, eschite ores. Abyssea likewise had sellables materials you could get as drops from bosses or chests. You can also sell the NM pop items, especially the rare ones. Sortie on the other hand literally has nothing you can sell natively, either from the npc as a buyable option or from the content itself.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-12-06 01:54:15
Link | Citer | R

Oh allright, then I misunderstood the initial reasoning, I apoologize.
I thought he was talking about sellables as in mats used to create the weapon.
Like currency for relics, Alex for Mythics and so on.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2022-12-06 02:10:04
Link | Citer | R

Aeonics had sellables with Vulcanites, eschalixir +2, fern stones, eschite ores. Abyssea likewise had sellables materials you could get as drops from bosses or chests. You can also sell the NM pop items, especially the rare ones. Sortie on the other hand literally has nothing you can sell natively, either from the npc as a buyable option or from the content itself.
Oh no, content that doesnt have sellables, how will the RMT profit off Sortie then???
By SimonSes 2022-12-06 04:07:46
Link | Citer | R

Serjero said: »
Shinryu got fixed when they added the Crep drops to AMAN Trove. 8/8 on crepuscular items since then. I think with Scythe being the only "Rare" item I ever got off Shinryu himself and that was before the Merit cost change.

That can be considered a fix for people with multiply 16 AMAN mules account maybe. After hundreds of Shinryu (including many on VD with Th9) and 3 boxed chars and 6 mules, the only Crep armor/weapon item I got is Helm that dropped from BCNM like 200+ runs ago. I haven't got a single Crep item from AMAN.
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-12-06 06:22:40
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Oh no, content that doesnt have sellables, how will the RMT profit off Sortie then???

Gotta keep those multi box RMTs padding the profits. Don't want the game on SEs chopping block. They already got rid of most of their western portfolio because they didn't know what to do with them and they weren't performing to expectations.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-12-06 06:31:19
Link | Citer | R

You think you're being snarky but actually, yes.

If you don't give the people who pay for 20 accounts a constant stream of new and exploitable ***to sell to idiots they'll leave and it's a significant hit to subs.

Empyrean having no craftable and no sellable component and the content it comes from having zero items of value is very bad for longevity and keeping suckers hooked.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-12-06 08:27:50
Link | Citer | R

Well they can't exactly do OnlyFans and going back to an office job is just not gonna happen, so gil selling it is.
 Odin.Senaki
Serveur: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2022-12-06 11:41:52
Link | Citer | R

So have they fixed the drop rate for the actual fight? Or is it more-so you can get the crep items for AMAN?

The only one i've seen drop from aman thus far has been the dagger, albeit i've not been doing said content very often.
By fillerbunny9 2022-12-06 11:49:58
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Senaki said: »

So have they fixed the drop rate for the actual fight? Or is it more-so you can get the crep items for AMAN?

The only one i've seen drop from aman thus far has been the dagger, albeit i've not been doing said content very often.

the fight is still as broken as it has been, with non-Pebble/Ring/Earring drops being abysmally low drop rate. if they released numbers that said more Shinryu weapons/armor had dropped from AMAN than the NM itself, I would not be surprised.
First Page 2 3 ... 342 343 344 ... 425 426 427