Damn this is getting good. :popcorn:

Dev. versus Official NASA Employee!
 Cpu
By Cpu 2022-01-06 22:19:22
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Elidyr said: »

I’m not official in the sense that they’ve kept me off of the books for purely political reasons. If you were to reach out to them they’d probably have to deny my training entirely.

This does let me avoid the pesky red tape though which is why I would suggest staying on my good side.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-01-06 22:30:15
Link | Citer | R

oh my god

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Draylo 2022-01-06 23:06:07
Link | Citer | R

Another sock account... just expose them already so people think twice. I'm guessing d44k
 Cpu
By Cpu 2022-01-06 23:19:10
Link | Citer | R

You even think about doxxing me and I’ll have my team of lawyers so far up your *** that you won’t even be able to breathe. Draylo you keep piping up and I might just make it a class action suit.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2022-01-06 23:26:00
Link | Citer | R

shut up retard
[+]
 Bismarck.Arcsol
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Arcsol
By Bismarck.Arcsol 2022-01-06 23:28:23
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
shut up retard

Reported for using mean words on the internet.
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
Serveur: Asura
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2022-01-06 23:52:40
Link | Citer | R

Never thought I’d see Hex Rays output here of all places.
By 1thenumber 2022-01-07 00:03:34
Link | Citer | R

Is this where we can discuss our unbridled excitement for the Tiger Paddle or is that somewhere else?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cpu
By Cpu 2022-01-07 00:21:35
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Sudra said: »
Can you get me a moon rock?
I can't get you a real moon rock as they don't exist but I can probably get my hands on one of the prop rocks from the sound stage where the "lunar landing" tapings occurred.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2022-01-07 00:30:24
Link | Citer | R

I hate to go grammar nazi, but seeing PrepareIngrediants just made me doubt the coding. Unless the key to HQing is spelling ingredients wrong.

edit: To clarify, just that in luas you put one wrong ';' in a spot and it's like "Error: Line 3721 has ruined everything, please try again."
 Leviathan.Wiccaan
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Wiccaan
By Leviathan.Wiccaan 2022-01-07 02:03:44
Link | Citer | R

Cpu said: »
How dare you post a private message about me being one of the true software elites cod. This isn’t a joke anymore. You’re on my list now.

I’m NASA trained btw…

Like I said, I really suggest you seek help/treatment. I get that sitting on here and spewing random nonsense is the only rush of endorphins you seem to get in life, but if you actually took the time to seek professional help for the mental problems you do have, it could greatly help you.

Lakshmi.Elidyr said: »

It's sadly not even a good laugh. He is someone with literal major mental problems. Tried to help him in the past, and have told him before to seek help. Just doesn't seem to want to take that extra step, and apparently, no one in his life seems to care either. It's disappointing too since if he actually took the effort to better himself then people would take him more seriously when trying to be part of projects. He's made a name for himself (on his real alias) for being completely unstable, bipolar, and just overall unable to be worked within any setting.

Asura.Iamaman said: »

It's more fun to post dumps of functions on their official forum to help them fix their bugs. :P

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
I hate to go grammar nazi, but seeing PrepareIngrediants just made me doubt the coding. Unless the key to HQing is spelling ingredients wrong.

edit: To clarify, just that in luas you put one wrong ';' in a spot and it's like "Error: Line 3721 has ruined everything, please try again."

Was a typo on my part, sorry lol. Functions are not named unless debug symbols are present. Which in XI's case for PC, they aren't.
I renamed it from the default 'sub_address' naming convention that IDA uses for unknown/unnamed functions. (On the PS2 beta though, the naming of that function is actually EncodeCombine, but I personally don't like some of the namings SE uses for things so I adjust to them to make more sense in my dumps.)

It's pseudo-generated code from the actual ASM of the function though, it's not code I made. I can post the raw ASM if you'd prefer to reference that.
[+]
 Bismarck.Xurion
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2022-01-07 03:03:33
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Wiccaan said: »
but I personally don't like some of the namings SE uses for things so I adjust to them to make more sense in my dumps.)
"There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation and naming things." - Phil Karlton
 Bismarck.Firedemon
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-01-07 05:01:37
Link | Citer | R

Man, I *** can’t wait to get that Tiger King paddle.
[+]
By Mattelot 2022-01-07 05:35:44
Link | Citer | R

sitting on here and spewing random nonsense

To be fair, this isn't uncommon here and not exclusive to him. Reading many responses in this thread makes me think "This is why Aliens won't talk to us."

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »

This website is pricy but their products are hilarious. This is next year's investment.

Hidden in case a Karen is reading this.
 Cpu
By Cpu 2022-01-07 07:20:15
Link | Citer | R

It's sadly not even a good laugh. He is someone with literal major mental problems. Tried to help him in the past, and have told him before to seek help. Just doesn't seem to want to take that extra step, and apparently, no one in his life seems to care either. It's disappointing too since if he actually took the effort to better himself then people would take him more seriously when trying to be part of projects. He's made a name for himself (on his real alias) for being completely unstable, bipolar, and just overall unable to be worked within any setting.
Wait can you tell me who I am because now I’m genuinely curious. Maybe I just forgot due to all of the mental issues.

Edit: I'll even settle for a hint if that makes you more likely to respond instead of backpeddling all the way out of this thread.
 Asura.Iamaman
Serveur: Asura
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2022-01-07 07:51:35
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Iamaman said: »

It's more fun to post dumps of functions on their official forum to help them fix their bugs. :P

Yea, it's always fun when devs have no idea how reverse engineering works and you get to show them their own code. Most developers using managed languages seem to understand it pretty well since the tools (e.g. reflector) to just dump the sources out are readily available and easier to use, but most of the time, native devs just assume it's too difficult to do or have never considered it even. It's even more fun when, despite paying us to do it, they assume that no one is going to bother reverse engineering it and don't give us the source because they don't want us to find anything, then we do it anyway. I've only had a few instances like that, but it's always just a little more exciting.

Hex rays has come a long way though. I had a license to the initial release of it and....it was a lot to deal with. Outside of a few cases (e.g. optimized arithmetic), I rarely used it because the quantity of casts was so overwhelming and the original UI didn't really give you a lot of notation or editing features. He fixed that up though and over the years, it's gotten so much better. It's always cool to see the output after people have taken the time to actually edit it, especially after he has improved it so much.
[+]
By Mattelot 2022-01-07 12:16:58
Link | Citer | R

why you'd make up the random nonsense claims

People will do anything for notoriety, that's why.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-01-07 13:24:11
Link | Citer | R

I still think that the original post and one or two of the replies were genuinely funny,

Thank u I try
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-01-07 16:49:35
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »

Trying to be patient while I wait another month without the cosmetic lockstyle version of the Yagyu Darkblade katana... This time I can allow it cause CAT PADDLE.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 241 242 243 ... 436 437 438