Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 210 211 212 ... 433 434 435
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-06-30 17:40:07
Link | Citer | R

ilevel Sacrarium panty farming ;) OK maybe that wasn't what you were going for lol.

I like hanging out in Purgo Isle sometimes as my lonely relaxing zone, I keep the teleport-Purgo swimsuit in my mog sack... Not quite sure how I'd feel about there being more reason for people to show up there, tbh! Actually saw more people running through in recent months due the the Alarune drop item for that Voracious Resurgence mission.

I'm also curious as to when Kazham is gonna get in on the action for instanced events. Can always use more Mithra!

Mhaura = Ambuscade
Selbina = HTBF
Rabao = Odyssey
Kazham = next thing???
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-30 18:06:02
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
I'm also curious as to when Kazham is gonna get in on the action for instanced events. Can always use more Mithra!

Mhaura = Ambuscade
Selbina = HTBF
Rabao = Odyssey
Kazham = next thing???

I like that they found modern ways to give you reasons to visit these older zones. Kazham was one of my favorite places to visit, LFP back in the old days. Great music as well. I imagine something in the near future could be based out of here.

Don't forget Norg was used for Escha things (though not the event itself, the reward modification): Domain Invasion gear purchases and Escha/Reisenjima gear/weapon augments. Kind of fits the whole "Norg pirates loot" theme a little bit. They seem to be adding something to do in every little town around the map, which helps control overcrowding.

Tavnazian Safehold was a fun area to visit way back when, and since you mentioned Sacrarium, I would love to revisit some of those older tunnels from the old storylines. They haven't added anything modern to that zone in a few years also, so I wouldn't be surprised if that becomes a new content spot (though with the Absolute Virtue campaign, I guess that is something to do while you're in that vicinity).
[+]
By Guyford 2021-06-30 22:56:38
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Asura.Geriond said: »
Omen mid-bosses are already sort-of ilvl versions of the Promy bosses.

certainly. I mean the zone itself, not the re-use of the Empty mobs so much. I think we all have some favorite zones visually in the game that maybe isn't used for much that we'd crave more current content in. For me, most of those happen to be of CoP era- Purgonongo Isle, Apollyon/Tenemos, you name it.

I was agreeing with this and then I though of Zitah and sky and how ugly they made them in escha.
 Sylph.Herbs
Serveur: Sylph
user: JoeRogan
By Sylph.Herbs 2021-07-05 05:35:27
Link | Citer | R

Anyone else starting to worry that the Nyame Armor Set is a move away from situational gear that ffxi is known for, and into one gearset for all circumstances?

Nyame Armor Set literally looks like the kind of armor I would wear on wow, in that you put it on and never have to change anything.
 Bahamut.Arioch
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Arioch 2021-07-05 06:35:11
Link | Citer | R

Anyone seen anything said on the official Forums about how they plan to Adjust armor prices in odyssey this next update?
By LightningHelix 2021-07-05 06:52:02
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Arioch said: »
Anyone seen anything said on the official Forums about how they plan to Adjust armor prices in odyssey this next update?
I'd assume they're just closing the "vendor stuff infinite gil" loophole at the Rabao end rather than at the "whoops let's take all the Curio Vendor Moogles down and remove four specific items" end. Matsui's post seems to verify that.

...because let's face it, getting a 13% bonus for selling at specifically the Nyame menu is really, really stupid.

(note that I do not think they're changing the sell formula, because Square Enix.)
By SimonSes 2021-07-05 07:12:32
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Herbs said: »
Anyone else starting to worry that the Nyame Armor Set is a move away from situational gear that ffxi is known for, and into one gearset for all circumstances?

Nyame Armor Set literally looks like the kind of armor I would wear on wow, in that you put it on and never have to change anything.

Lol?

If you could get all 4 paths then you could be onto something (still not), but with only one set? How would you see it exactly? JA augment/enhancment gear? Multihit WS? Snapshot/Rapid shot? Pet DT/mab/damage? Enmity? Cure? Tons of different things? I mean only casual player using only TP and WS set (or not even that) could think Nyame could be used for everything XD

Even Sakpata would stay on more than Nyame on jobs that can use Sakpata.
 Asura.Geriond
Serveur: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-07-05 07:45:42
Link | Citer | R

LightningHelix said: »
Bahamut.Arioch said: »
I'd assume they're just closing the "vendor stuff infinite gil" loophole at the Rabao end rather than at the "whoops let's take all the Curio Vendor Moogles down and remove four specific items" end. Matsui's post seems to verify that.

...because let's face it, getting a 13% bonus for selling at specifically the Nyame menu is really, really stupid.

(note that I do not think they're changing the sell formula, because Square Enix.)
It's a 22% bonus on Asura right now.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-05 07:50:59
Link | Citer | R

It is simply unbelievable that they programmed it that way.

Buy price goes down, sure.

.... and the sell price on literally every item in the entire game goes up... incredible.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-07-05 08:12:06
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »

.... and the sell price on literally every item in the entire game goes up... incredible.
That's how it works on normal vendors that are affected by fame too. As your fame goes up, your buy price from them goes noticeably down, while your sell price goes up a little.

They seem to have used the same base system, except that they didn't take into account that buy price reductions being an order of magnitude larger would also mean that sell price increases would be an order of magnitude larger.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-05 09:05:25
Link | Citer | R

I mean that's what I mean. They reset every item in the game based on max fame resale price increase, and then, raised the price increase with a new npc that goes higher/lower.

When bumba bottoms out (1g?) they're going to have to re-tune / set bottom maximum for literally every sellable that exists. again.
By Pantafernando 2021-07-05 09:13:47
Link | Citer | R

Maybe they thought: “hey, gonna put some small cash generator, Im sure it will help returning players and have negligible effect on overall economy”.

Two weeks later: bots generate trillions daily exploiting it.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-07-05 09:15:43
Link | Citer | R

You know, the difference between disease and remedy is the dose.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-07-05 09:18:44
Link | Citer | R

I mean that's what I mean. They reset every item in the game based on max fame resale price increase, and then, raised the price increase with a new npc that goes higher/lower.

When bumba bottoms out (1g?) they're going to have to re-tune / set bottom maximum for literally every sellable that exists. again.
Are they? For all we know they're just going to cap the Odyssey sell bonus to what the fame vendors have as their maximum.

I don't see anything that's unbelievable, just another example of them overlooking something when implementing something new.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-05 09:25:15
Link | Citer | R

Who knows, foresight is clearly not taken into account
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-07-05 09:52:57
Link | Citer | R

Ah. Good update notes always say something by saying nothing.

Boy that *** Ambuscade though. Woo. Ambuscade. Yee-haw, Ambuscade. Derp derp derp. Ambuscade. Can't get enough of that Ambusacde.

For ***'s sake. We get it. It changed every month and it is the reason they even can brag about "monthly updates" as they have to switch it out from now until the servers go down, but yet... every *** month it's "please look forward to it".

It may be no surprise that I think Ambuscade was one of the worst things to ever happen to this game.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-05 09:55:59
Link | Citer | R

Ambuscade is functionally unlimited, spammable, high reward "content" and it changes every month so it never gets boring (in theory).

It's kind of great
[+]
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2021-07-05 10:08:20
Link | Citer | R

I'll look forward to it again when they finally swap back in the Frog Ambu.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-05 10:17:32
Link | Citer | R

It should be Yagudo Moogle Frog (not necessarily in order) the next 3 months and probably another ironclad in there/right after
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-07-05 10:19:15
Link | Citer | R

I understand the arguments for it, but they can't really change my mind that it is a ***system due to the limitations and resets. If everything was available in unlimited quantity all the time as well as every battlefield option so far being available like Beastmen(etc) Seal NM Orb fights so you could pick what was good for your setup, that would make it highly more desirable. I really dislike when an entire month is wasted because you don't have a desirable job geared.

I know that unlimited everything with choice of battlefield would create problems because RUN, BRD, WHM, COR multiboxers would crash the ***out of it (like they already do with their character autofollow trains in HTBF), but there are counters to basically any system in the game (minus maybe Dynamis, but that is likely clearable at this point too, but not sure on that) that puts it on easy mode when you multibox.

At least unlimited armor, capes, and weapons as well as their upgrade material. Put caps on the tradable money items. The Rare/Ex things should be available as much as you can spam the content, in my opinion. The "got all my ***in a few days and now I have to sit here for a month" isn't great, to me. Especially if I have a real life month that I'm able to play more than usual.

I could *** about Ambuscade until I'm blue in the face, but my points would fall on deaf ears or just the few people that frequent this site/thread/page.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-05 10:21:04
Link | Citer | R

Well, everyone would just do the frog all day long, every day, every minute of every day.

The queue would be dogshit, and the "bad months" would literally never get used. You know all the "it" jobs, you have a "general" idea of which ambuscades are coming and when (based on their last appearance) so you can gear up in advance.

Maxing the month and having nothing to do should really never happen, you need a million+ hallmarks to "max out" unless you don't care about money, in which case, I mean, that's a whole different thing, all there is to do is make and spend money.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-07-05 10:23:38
Link | Citer | R

Counterpoint: there really should never be "bad months" and people already spam Ambuscade all day every day every minute of every day.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-07-05 10:27:41
Link | Citer | R

"Bad" months are fine because it forces the people to adapt and participate in the harder missions.

There are people doing Ambuscade all the time, but the problem would be infinitely worse if everyone could pick the easiest one and there weren't real limits. Mercing would also be much worse because everyone could do the trio-able ambuscades every month instead of some months needing 4 or 5 people to be reliable.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-05 10:27:44
Link | Citer | R

I mean.. I hate sahagin and velkk and soulflayer too, but if you left it open, you know only the most optimal one would get used and nothing else.

No one would even think about doing goblins, if they could pick frog.

I'd still like to see some randomizer action. No more planning to kill gigas specifically, you have to set your party for any situation. and if you give up and exit you get locked out for the day so no shenanigans.
[+]
By joemamma 2021-07-05 10:28:00
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aeonova said: »
I understand the arguments for it, but they can't really change my mind that it is a ***system due to the limitations and resets. If everything was available in unlimited quantity all the time as well as every battlefield option so far being available like Beastmen(etc) Seal NM Orb fights so you could pick what was good for your setup, that would make it highly more desirable. I really dislike when an entire month is wasted because you don't have a desirable job geared.

I know that unlimited everything with choice of battlefield would create problems because RUN, BRD, WHM, COR multiboxers would crash the ***out of it (like they already do with their character autofollow trains in HTBF), but there are counters to basically any system in the game (minus maybe Dynamis, but that is likely clearable at this point too, but not sure on that) that puts it on easy mode when you multibox.

At least unlimited armor, capes, and weapons as well as their upgrade material. Put caps on the tradable money items. The Rare/Ex things should be available as much as you can spam the content, in my opinion. The "got all my ***in a few days and now I have to sit here for a month" isn't great, to me. Especially if I have a real life month that I'm able to play more than usual.

I could *** about Ambuscade until I'm blue in the face, but my points would fall on deaf ears or just the few people that frequent this site/thread/page.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

They should just make them more difficult for multi boxers to people actually have to team up.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-07-05 10:55:48
Link | Citer | R

kusaregedo77 said: »
unlimited ambu would be a terrible idea

You already can do unlimited Ambuscade all day every day all month. Limit the $ rewards like current. Unlimited Rare/Ex items. Not a terrible idea at all, but you're entitled to your opinion.

Post deleted by User.
By joemamma 2021-07-05 11:24:55
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aeonova said: »
Ah. Good update notes always say something by saying nothing.

Boy that *** Ambuscade though. Woo. Ambuscade. Yee-haw, Ambuscade. Derp derp derp. Ambuscade. Can't get enough of that Ambusacde.

For ***'s sake. We get it. It changed every month and it is the reason they even can brag about "monthly updates" as they have to switch it out from now until the servers go down, but yet... every *** month it's "please look forward to it".

It may be no surprise that I think Ambuscade was one of the worst things to ever happen to this game.

It's actually a reason to play on a monthly basis. It keeps people subbed. Without ambu there really wouldn't be anything to do but Odyssey.
First Page 2 3 ... 210 211 212 ... 433 434 435