First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 427 428 429
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-12 11:27:59
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
You must be considering saevel as 2 persons, because I've stated multiple times dynamis is trash and have not defended it once. I'm just stating that it was to be expected.

Also, just buy the damn items you need and be done with it.

It's 60m dood. #***.
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-01-12 11:29:31
Link | Citer | R

60M is pennies for certain pieces.

I've paid alot more for alot less.

BLM and RDM are situationally worth alot more.

COR as well, and cor is my main.
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-01-12 11:30:28
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »

It is not worth paying for it when it is very farmable.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-01-12 11:31:17
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Senaki said: »

Again, dynamis is luck based farming.

I can farm enough ambu in 2 hours to buy the mats.

Not to discredit you. Farm all the dynamis you want. I need the AH to not run dry for me to do my pieces
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-12 11:36:09
Link | Citer | R

Name the pieces right now that are worth 60 million gil. Are they legitimately BIS for something, or are we just saying "I'd pay 60mil for that 1% increase".

COR feet
DRG Hands (debatable)
BLM
RDM
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-01-12 11:39:26
Link | Citer | R

Name the pieces right now that are worth 60 million gil. Are they legitimately BIS for something, or are we just saying "I'd pay 60mil for that 1% increase".

COR feet
DRG Hands (debatable)
BLM
RDM

yes
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-01-12 11:41:10
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Senaki said: »

Very farmable is a relative term. Your purchase history over the last week shows many things that are very farmable. Come again?
 Asura.Omgwhy
By Asura.Omgwhy 2018-01-12 11:41:29
Link | Citer | R

If SE had just released the af2 +3 as gear sellable on the AH, people wouldn't have waited 10 secs to run to the AH and drop 60m on the peices that they wanted.

People b*tch to much.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-01-12 11:43:16
Link | Citer | R

Sweet so about 9% of the pieces released so far are worth it. Looks fine to me
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-12 11:44:55
Link | Citer | R

clearlyamule said: »
Sweet so about 9% of the pieces released so far are worth it. Looks fine to me

Of those 4, I'd say only cor feet. and even that still isn't worth 60m

BLM doesn't exist until smn is gone. never had a rdm in any event in over 2 years. loldrg (even though I love drg)
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2018-01-12 11:46:05
Link | Citer | R

Corsair feet are absolutely worth 60m. People pay way more for smaller increases.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-12 11:47:12
Link | Citer | R

Stupidity and value aren't the same.

Are you willing to pay 60m, yes. People are willing to pay tons of money for ***that isn't worth what it costs (everywhere, irl included)

Is it -worth- 60m, no.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-01-12 11:50:51
Link | Citer | R

geigei said: »
How do you handle boxers, mules get counted or main onry?

Main onry, mules do not get distributions or lotting rights. That would be incredibly unfair to other people.

You must be considering saevel as 2 persons, because I've stated multiple times dynamis is trash and have not defended it once. I'm just stating that it was to be expected.

I've never said it was perfect, far from it. I've even stated multiple times that the Relic upgrade items need to be 100% drops from their specific leader NM. That's the only real weakness here, farming for Relic is too random and people play better when they have a measurable goal line.

I'm beginning to wish SE wouldn't of made the currency tradable or AHable. Everyone's gripe seems to be centered around the monetary aspect, running their character as a corporation trying to make profit. "It's not personally profitable enough" fits much better in a game like Eve Online then in FFXI. I just upgraded RDM hands without spending any gil on shards and have enough medals to upgrade to the +3 if I want, I won''t because I want to see if I can get another RDM voidhand first.

they made events have quick rewards for less effort.

This is true. Not because game rules people. I feel the developers adjusted the game to roll with the age increase of the player base.

When I started playing i was in high school. Now i'm 31 with 4 children and a home to provide for.

Damned if i'm wasting my precious ffxi time on this event. Unlock the job and buy the +3 from the AH. The end.

So you want to just get the reward with minimal effort and have instant gratification? That's not a bad thing, but it needs to be stated and understood as the perspective. Why not too long ago the exact same posters complaining were complaining the game was "too easy" and gear was too freely available. They wanted the days of 72hr timed world HNM spawns back with exclusive loot.

This is just a recreation of the original Dynamis with a slightly different loot upgrade system. As content it's pretty fun, just enough skill requirement to make people pay attention but not some some of "the best onry" level requirements to make it prohibitive. I suspect SE is being conservative with the relic upgrade materials to prevent people from finishing all their upgrades in a few weeks and complaining there is nothing left to do. This event takes the same play time then Omen only concentrated rather then spread out, although many groups do Omen twice a week and burn through 3~4 tags at a time so then it's really no different.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-01-12 11:50:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Stupidity and value aren't the same.

Are you willing to pay 60m, yes.

Is it -worth- 60m, no.

How is your definition of value calculated?

I think you're a tad to the wind myself. I can farm for 2 hours or less and make 60M.

How many dynamis sessions have you entered to get a "most valuable" piece?
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-01-12 11:52:42
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
geigei said: »
How do you handle boxers, mules get counted or main onry?

Main onry, mules do not get distributions or lotting rights. That would be incredibly unfair to other people.

I've never said it was perfect, far from it. I've even stated multiple times that the Relic upgrade items need to be 100% drops from their specific leader NM. That's the only real weakness here, farming for Relic is too random and people play better when they have a measurable goal line.

I'm beginning to wish SE wouldn't of made the currency tradable or AHable. Everyone's gripe seems to be centered around the monetary aspect, running their character as a corporation trying to make profit. "It's not personally profitable enough" fits much better in a game like Eve Online then in FFXI. I just upgraded RDM hands without spending any gil on shards and have enough medals to upgrade to the +3 if I want, I won''t because I want to see if I can get another RDM voidhand first.

they made events have quick rewards for less effort.

This is true. Not because game rules people. I feel the developers adjusted the game to roll with the age increase of the player base.

When I started playing i was in high school. Now i'm 31 with 4 children and a home to provide for.

Damned if i'm wasting my precious ffxi time on this event. Unlock the job and buy the +3 from the AH. The end.

So you want to just get the reward with minimal effort and have instant gratification? That's not a bad thing, but it needs to be stated and understood as the perspective. Why not too long ago the exact same posters complaining were complaining the game was "too easy" and gear was too freely available. They wanted the days of 72hr timed world HNM spawns back with exclusive loot.

This is just a recreation of the original Dynamis with a slightly different loot upgrade system. As content it's pretty fun, just enough skill requirement to make people pay attention but not some some of "the best onry" level requirements to make it prohibitive. I suspect SE is being conservative with the relic upgrade materials to prevent people from finishing all their upgrades in a few weeks and complaining there is nothing left to do. This event takes the same play time then Omen only concentrated rather then spread out, although many groups do Omen twice a week and burn through 3~4 tags at a time so then it's really no different.

I don't think the flame is over "instant gratification". It's more about economical efficiency.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2018-01-12 11:52:48
Link | Citer | R

What is anything worth, then? 60M isn't THAT hard to make any more, and there are plenty of items in the 60M range that don't provide nearly as much of a stat increase as COR feet, considering they're pretty much better than an impossible to get DM augment roll on Herculean Boots.

I wouldn't call wanting to be the best stupidity. Maybe everyone should just stick to NQs and no RMEA because otherwise it would be stupid.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-01-12 11:53:24
Link | Citer | R

Value is somewhat subjective so I'd be willing to consider something pretty good even if it would only be for a job you personally like but may not see a lot of endgame use. Even then the number is really small

For the overwhelming majority of the items I'd literally rather spend 60 mil on say alluvion stones. Hell I'd almost be tempted to start doing DM augments with actual DM before I'd make the majority of the items
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-01-12 11:55:07
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Omgwhy said: »
If SE had just released the af2 +3 as gear sellable on the AH, people wouldn't have waited 10 secs to run to the AH and drop 60m on the peices that they wanted.

People b*tch to much.

They want the items attainable within a week and require little to no effort from them, BUT be unobtainable from those they deem as their inferiors.

People with a ***ton of cash can go buy the damn item if they want with minimal effort. Those that want to actually enjoy can farm for it instead. The shards and voiditems are worth far more then the currency but can't be converted into gil, though I think some creative mercing might acomplish that. Charge people 4mil for a voidshard and 7mil for a voidgear, otherwise they sit back and chill.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-01-12 12:00:09
Link | Citer | R

I don't think the flame is over "instant gratification". It's more about economical efficiency.

It's a *** video game. My time is worth far more then what any RMT farmer can provide, is it therefor economically inefficient for me to participate in game events. Instead it would be more efficient for me to work side projects charging my rate, then convert that into game currency and purchase the items. I could have all my jobs +3'd with a few hours that way, and laugh at all the inefficient peasants.

Yeah that's the logical conclusion to what you and others are saying. Doesn't sound to good when the full thing is laid out.

The purpose of a game is to derive entertainment from it. If someone isn't having fun then they need to immediately quit / take a break and go do something that is fun. If someone views MMO's purely from an effort : reward standpoint then they are precisely the type of person who shouldn't be playing them in the first place.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-12 12:02:13
Link | Citer | R

There is nothing entertaining about relic+3

Not the event, not the acquisition, not the price, (Debatably not even the use...)that's the gripe.

Everything is off the chart.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-01-12 12:04:06
Link | Citer | R

It's a *** video game. My time is worth far more then what any RMT farmer can provide, is it therefor economically inefficient for me to participate in game events. Instead it would be more efficient for me to work side projects charging my rate, then convert that into game currency and purchase the items. I could have all my jobs +3'd with a few hours that way, and laugh at all the inefficient peasants.

Yeah that's the logical conclusion to what you and others are saying. Doesn't sound to good when the full thing is laid out.

The purpose of a game is to derive entertainment from it. If someone isn't having fun then they need to immediately quit / take a break and go do something that is fun. If someone views MMO's purely from an effort : reward standpoint then they are precisely the type of person who shouldn't be playing them in the first place.

Pardon me. Economical efficiencies within the boundaries of the game. You want go to buy some gil; far be it to me to stop you.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-01-12 12:07:14
Link | Citer | R

There is nothing entertaining about relic+3

Not the event, not the acquisition, not the price, (Debatably not even the use...)that's the gripe.

Everything is off the chart.

I would entertain a coffee session with you on how RDM and BLM directly effect alliance DPS. Cor directly individual DPS.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-01-12 12:07:23
Link | Citer | R

I think the issue is the reward = effort ratio...

This could have been relieved by doing 2 things

More items then just relic upgrades (weapons rings ammo etc)

Path based system like salvage (with named nms)

This event doesnt reward good groups at all
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-12 12:10:24
Link | Citer | R

Dienamis is a straight chore.

Ambuscade is a straight chore, but the rewards (mostly) make up for the chore. decent effort:reward.

Dienamis doesn't even come close.

And the more people you take, the less rewarding it is.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-01-12 12:14:26
Link | Citer | R

Ambuscade is a straight chore, but the rewards (mostly) make up for the chore. decent effort:reward.

Yep, new dynamis is rare/ex currency so it can't be botted. The end.
By Justuas 2018-01-12 12:15:14
Link | Citer | R

Yep, new dynamis is rare/ex currency so it can't be botted. The end.
That sucks lol
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-01-12 12:16:31
Link | Citer | R

Pardon me. Economical efficiencies within the boundaries of the game. You want go to buy some gil; far be it to me to stop you.

So you need to resort to an arbitrary deliminator then, with a little bit of ad hominem thrown in. Isn't a players time the same regardless of what their doing? One hour of life is exactly one hour of life, its the same unit of measurement your using. Two hours of life farming gil to buy Relic items vs 15 minutes doing a project for a customer. Seems farming gil is pretty inefficient to me, the guy in India's time is worth far less then our own. Or are you suggesting your time is worth even less then the guy in India's time?

Since time is the absolute unit of measure being used here I call your attempt invalid. You can't define yourself right. "I'm right in the context of me being right" is invalid.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-01-12 12:18:15
Link | Citer | R

So you need to resort to an arbitrary deliminator then, with a little bit of ad hominem thrown in. Isn't a players time the same regardless of what their doing? One hour of life is exactly one hour of life, its the same unit of measurement your using. Two hours of life farming gil to buy Relic items vs 15 minutes doing a project for a customer. Seems farming gil is pretty inefficient to me, the guy in India's time is worth far less then our own. Or are you suggesting your time is worth even less then the guy in India's time?

Since time is the absolute unit of measure being used here I call your attempt invalid. You can't define yourself right.

Leisure time has more value than work time, at least for most people.

You can want to spend your leisure time doing more enjoyable activities, and choose to buy the AF without also feeling like you should be devoting work time to FFXI.

It's a sliding scale, not black and white.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-01-12 12:19:31
Link | Citer | R

Since time is the absolute unit of measure being used here I call your attempt invalid. You can't define yourself right.

I am unsure of your argument. I also think you can get your point across in less sentences.

I spent two hours of my life soloing Ichor last night while my linkshell went into dynamis [D]. Does this help give you some ammunition for your argument? you're*
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-01-12 12:21:38
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
It's a sliding scale, not black and white.

You made it black and white the moment you used gil as the determiner of an events value. I even asked why you did such earlier.

I'm merely using the exact same logic and showing how utterly insane and meaningless it is. And how is "farming gil" leisure time, since that's what you suggest was "more efficient" then playing the content.

As I said the guy above,

Quote:
Since time is the absolute unit of measure being used here I call your attempt invalid. You can't define yourself right. "I'm right in the context of me being right" is invalid.

Time vs Gil either is or is not the absolute unit of measure for content's validity. If is then you support RMT over playing because that's by far more the most efficient way. If not then you invalidated your own previous statement.
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 427 428 429