Random Politics & Religion #29: Hypocrisy Edition

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #29: Hypocrisy edition
Random Politics & Religion #29: Hypocrisy edition
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 111 112 113
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2017-11-01 07:41:22
Link | Citer | R

Ruaumoko said: »
Trump will eventually be impeached, likely on obstruction of justice.

Like how exactly? Just because the people you socialize with want it to happen and BBC is saying it'll happen any day now doesn't mean it'll actually happen. President Bill Clinton is on the record as essentially lieing to congress, and they actually started impeachment proceedings against him. The result is that he was still President because the standards used for impeachment are very high and his team was able to argue on the legal technicality of "whats the definition of sex". And you expect congress to just snap their fingers and impeach someone far more experienced in dealing with legal loopholes.

So lets all be real for a moment, regardless of the hopes and dreams of communists, President Trump isn't going anywhere until 2020 at the minimum. Anyone who thinks he'll be easily defeated in 2020 is deluding themselves they say way they did in 2016, so realistically your looking at 2024 for the next President. The left has that long to rethink their strategy and get away from rampant hate and vitriol.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-11-01 08:28:34
Link | Citer | R

If by "impeached" you mean "finish his term", then you're right.

How did we suddenly get so many Candlejack clones?
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-11-01 08:32:32
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Legally, collusion refers to when companies that are supposed to be competing in a free market instead work together to form an effective monopoly (to fix prices, blackball workers, etc.) It's really not the right term to be using here. I'm not sure we have a "right term" to use here, because it's so far outside the political norms that the most offensive part of the "crime" might not even be illegal. That being, people still generally agree that a political campaign should not communicate with and receive help from our "greatest geopolitical adversary."

If the question is whether Trump's campaign communicated with Russia, the answer is obviously "Yes, at every level and multiple times."

If the question is whether Russia helped Trump's campaign, the answer is obviously "Yes, in many different ways over months."

If the question is "Did Trump request that Russia help his campaign?" Then the answer is "Yes, even publicly."

Because the facts can't be changed, the conservative media is reshaping their viewers' opinions about the facts. The question isn't whether the president's campaign "colluded with Russia," but whether Republican identity politics are stronger than their disgust about it.

Lol. Someone complains about identity politics and then proceeds to spin and outright lie to maximize the effect of their one-sided argument. Classic.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-11-01 08:36:19
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »

Like how exactly? Just because the people you socialize with want it to happen and BBC is saying it'll happen any day now doesn't mean it'll actually happen. President Bill Clinton is on the record as essentially lieing to congress, and they actually started impeachment proceedings against him. The result is that he was still President because the standards used for impeachment are very high and his team was able to argue on the legal technicality of "whats the definition of sex". And you expect congress to just snap their fingers and impeach someone far more experienced in dealing with legal loopholes.

So lets all be real for a moment, regardless of the hopes and dreams of communists, President Trump isn't going anywhere until 2020 at the minimum. Anyone who thinks he'll be easily defeated in 2020 is deluding themselves they say way they did in 2016, so realistically your looking at 2024 for the next President. The left has that long to rethink their strategy and get away from rampant hate and vitriol.

When I see BBC... I don't think of what most people are thinking of...sorry I was triggered 1
[+]
By fonewear 2017-11-01 08:37:13
Link | Citer | R

Legally, collusion refers to when companies that are supposed to be competing in a free market instead work together to form an effective monopoly (to fix prices, blackball workers, etc.) It's really not the right term to be using here. I'm not sure we have a "right term" to use here, because it's so far outside the political norms that the most offensive part of the "crime" might not even be illegal. That being, people still generally agree that a political campaign should not communicate with and receive help from our "greatest geopolitical adversary."

If the question is whether Trump's campaign communicated with Russia, the answer is obviously "Yes, at every level and multiple times."

If the question is whether Russia helped Trump's campaign, the answer is obviously "Yes, in many different ways over months."

If the question is "Did Trump request that Russia help his campaign?" Then the answer is "Yes, even publicly."

Because the facts can't be changed, the conservative media is reshaping their viewers' opinions about the facts. The question isn't whether the president's campaign "colluded with Russia," but whether Republican identity politics are stronger than their disgust about it.

If's and buts and Hillary's nuts so something something Merry Christmas !
[+]
By fonewear 2017-11-01 08:40:25
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

If by "impeached" you mean "finish his term", then you're right.

How did we suddenly get so many Candlejack clones?

To date, no U.S. President has been removed from office by impeachment and conviction. The impeached official continues in office until conviction.
By fonewear 2017-11-01 08:42:04
Link | Citer | R

Anything can happen if given finite time * puts on philosophical hat *
[+]
By fonewear 2017-11-01 08:42:23
Link | Citer | R

infinite time *
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-11-01 08:51:52
Link | Citer | R

If you can just believe with all your heart and wish upon a shooting star, then Trump my actually be impeached some day. Expect to see a made-for-TV movie on the Disney channel explaining the process soon.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-11-01 08:52:43
Link | Citer | R

Lol. Someone complains about identity politics and then proceeds to spin and outright lie to maximize the effect of their one-sided argument. Classic.

It's only bad when the other guy is doing it, if the Divinely Righteous Team is doing it then it's an acceptable sacrifice for The Cause.

It's getting harder and harder to satirize the mentality of the left. No matter how far I move the line, they just keep marching right to it. Any day now I'm expecting them to call either other, "brother" or "comrade" and start talking about the necessity of a "revolution" to achieve their divine mandate.
[+]
By Nausi 2017-11-01 09:12:34
Link | Citer | R

Liberals today, “not all muslims are terrorists”

Also liberals today, “all white people are privileged”
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-11-01 09:18:26
Link | Citer | R

the conservative media is reshaping their viewers' opinions about the facts

I do feel a wild and sudden urge to grope an intern...

well... ffxiah is the number one site for disgruntled mainline video game junkies that play a fifteen year old on line japanese video game that nobody ever heard of, still live in their parent's basements, got kicked off the official forums and also pretend to be expert constitutional legal analysts on a forum only thirty people even know about and at least seventeen of those are josiah and his alts...

unless bgwiki edged us out recently and nobody told me.

either way... my question is, the same as with most of these comments, if the first part of your post is true then wtf is even the point of the second part.

as an example... if you start out with making a claim that we [conservatives] are all a bunch of media brainwashed sheeple then who are you asking the question [The question isn't whether the president's campaign "colluded with Russia," but whether Republican identity politics are stronger than their disgust about it.] to

we're all sliding down the shaft of an interesting double edged sword here... if it's illegal to talk to russians then a whole lot of people in both parties are headed for the guillotine...

which sounds like fun to watch.

I enjoy watching both parties drill holes in their own boats and call it smart as much as the next guy... and maybe I'm cynical..

but I just don't buy into the notion that any of you really care about any of it at all.

what the odds trump get impeached 50/50.... so if you post on perhaps the most obscure website in the history of the internet that you were right all along who exactly are you going to point it out to

that's what I want to know... if it's all just for some kind of posterity you would be hard pressed to find a worse place for it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-11-01 09:25:52
Link | Citer | R

I fully expect to see a 93-year-old Vic with dementia someday, babbling about Nausi while the doctors try to figure out what it all means, like some Citizen Kane "Rosebud" mystery.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-11-01 09:52:16
Link | Citer | R

well just like the word 'racism' nobody seems to know what the word 'collusion' means either... which all circles around to the main cause of most of our problems in the us... which is a completely ineffective education system....

still voting no on the school bond issue though... FU
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-11-01 09:58:37
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
so if you post on perhaps the most obscure website in the history of the internet that you were right all along who exactly are you going to point it out to

i'll have you know my mom puts a gold star next to my name every time someone +'s my posts and i wa s very offended when trump disrespected gold star families
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-11-01 10:01:09
Link | Citer | R

I fully expect to see a 93-year-old Vic with dementia someday, babbling

we're all in that boat...and we'll probably still all type the same way though so I don't think you'll be able to be able to pick up on any vocalization changes.

vic and nausi are probably bff in real life and sitting in diagonal kitty cornered cubicles across from each other at work right now.
[+]
By Nausi 2017-11-01 10:10:12
Link | Citer | R

well just like the word 'racism' nobody seems to know what the word 'collusion' means either... which all circles around to the main cause of most of our problems in the us... which is a completely ineffective education system....

still voting no on the school bond issue though... FU
Important to note hat the education system has been dominated by liberals for the last 50 years. Yet another thing they’ve ruined.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-11-01 10:17:04
Link | Citer | R

Nausi said: »
Important to note hat the education system has been dominated by liberals for the last 50 years. Yet another thing they’ve ruined.

yeah I live in the rust belt... so I got a belly full of the effectiveness of labor unions and liberal city resource management a long time ago...

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-11-01 10:26:42
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Shruiken said: »
my mom

yeah...thank Altana that I'll never be smart enough to recognize her true disappointment when she is patronizing me....

GOLD STAR WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

/runs naked through the yard
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-11-01 10:32:01
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By Viciouss 2017-11-01 11:05:30
Link | Citer | R

I see trump is using yet another tragedy to try and score political points. When is he gonna grow up I wonder.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-11-01 11:37:34
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
I see trump is using yet another tragedy to try and score political points. When is he gonna grow up I wonder.

but can you see why kids like cinnamon toast crust the alanis morrisette irony of doing the exact same thing..

[+]
By Nausi 2017-11-01 12:04:25
Link | Citer | R

Scoring points via politics is no longer a lib-only game. Thank christ for Trump!
[+]
By fonewear 2017-11-01 12:06:15
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Shruiken said: »
so if you post on perhaps the most obscure website in the history of the internet that you were right all along who exactly are you going to point it out to

i'll have you know my mom puts a gold star next to my name every time someone +'s my posts and i wa s very offended when trump disrespected gold star families

Every time a liberal gets offended I get a gold star current count 10,000,000,000,123
[+]
By Nausi 2017-11-01 12:08:42
Link | Citer | R

I mean its not just chuck schumer thats reaponsible for his ghastly mess. Ted Kenedy owns it too.
By fonewear 2017-11-01 12:14:06
Link | Citer | R

Probably never he is a Toys R Us Kid !

By Nausi 2017-11-01 12:14:17
Link | Citer | R

Drive bys have stopped pumping their collusion narrative to report this, they must be pretty scared.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-11-01 12:14:27
Link | Citer | R

Ted Kenedy owns it too.

except he died eight years ago...maybe his kids were left it in his will...

do not google pics of his kids though....hoofah

kara didn't miss a single branch when they tied her to the roof of his car and drove her face first through the ugly tree forest
By Viciouss 2017-11-01 12:19:04
Link | Citer | R

I mean its not just chuck schumer thats reaponsible for his ghastly mess. Ted Kenedy owns it too.

lol, schumer bears no responsibility, trump is just making stuff up again. He just made up the guys family is a possible threat.
By Zerowone 2017-11-01 12:26:08
Link | Citer | R

Weird how helping enact a program 25yrs ago is open grounds for placing blame.

Does this also apply in the capacity of those behind the funding of the Mujahideens in the 70’s and 80’s, which evolved into the terrorist networks of today, are to blame as well?
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 111 112 113