Bard Stat Priority?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » Bard Stat Priority?
Bard Stat Priority?
By Scottbasher2000 2017-09-10 13:49:13
Link | Citer | R

I am having trouble this month with V1 Ambusacade. In Particular sleeping the adds on Difficult, when they repop.

At the beginning of the fight, PLD gather all mobs at wall, I N/T Lullaby them, and pull them off one by one. Before we could get the first 4 killed, the drgs would repop, couldn't lullaby them.

I have decent gear, G Horn, Carn at 95, full fili + 1 set, still need 2 pieces of AF3.

But when making a Bard debuff set, what is top priority

Conventional would think Song Skill (ex Lullaby +1) > Singng Skill > CHR > Wind Skill > Magic Accuracy.

Im not certain about the order, I am just trying to make my bard the best that it can be.

Thanks for the Help
 Sylph.Feary
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2017-09-10 14:17:22
Link | Citer | R

could you post your gear in an itemset.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Reain
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2017-09-10 17:01:05
Link | Citer | R

If you're using the 95 Carnwenhen you're dropping enormous magic accuracy on your main slot (228-255 Magic accuracy skill). Which is fine when using Troubadour but definitely not fine when you aren't.

Troubadour >>> Item level main > All songs > Magic accuracy > CHR/Singing/Wind is probably the way to go.

The magic accuracy +song gives isn't really quantified but it also gives duration.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Marine_Stewpot is another 90 M.acc

But realistically you'll want the Bard AF1+3 or BRD AF1+2. The Inyanga set +1 or 2 is also decent until you get your omen cards.
[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Serveur: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-09-10 18:59:41
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Reain said: »
If you're using the 95 Carnwenhen you're dropping enormous magic accuracy on your main slot (228-255 Magic accuracy skill). Which is fine when using Troubadour but definitely not fine when you aren't.

Troubadour >>> Item level main > All songs > Magic accuracy > CHR/Singing/Wind is probably the way to go.

The magic accuracy +song gives isn't really quantified but it also gives duration.

But realistically you want the you'll want the Bard AF1+3 or BRD AF1+2. The Inyanga set +1 or 2 is also decent until you get your omen cards.
I can not Agree more
By Scottbasher2000 2017-09-10 21:58:26
Link | Citer | R

My stupidity on some of these things....

Thanks for all the replies

I only ever really used my Bard as a party buff, to help with zerg. Didn't think about a different weapon for Debuff set, or a Debuff set till this weekend

I have the cards to do all my AF +3, my priority was finishing Carnwenhan to 95, just finished 2 days ago. Before that my priority was song duration gear.

Been working on my lua this weekend, to fill gaps in fast cast and ssc. And hadn't had a chance to look at debuff sets

After looking at Spoonys guide, is the Oranyan, one of the best weapons for Debuff? What are some easier options, till I can get it farmed?

Sylph.Reain said: »

But realistically you want the you'll want the Bard AF1+3 or BRD AF1+2. The Inyanga set +1 or 2 is also decent until you get your omen cards.

What did you mean by Item level main?

And is "All Songs" referring to gear with Song +, like Lullaby +2 on Brioso Slippers +3.

Again thanks for the help and your time.

ItemSet 353212
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Serveur: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-09-10 22:03:10
Link | Citer | R

Main hand Item Level.
So with a 95 carn, your main hand is 95, 99 = 99, 119 and eventually 119(AG)
You can check your gear in equipment and see the Ilvl will be much less wearing all gear 119 but main hand 95, it does matter

This is what I use for current max M.acc until +3 set and Carn is done.
Your text to link here...

ItemSet 353214

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Reain
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2017-09-11 08:53:35
Link | Citer | R

Scottbasher2000 said: »
My stupidity on some of these things....

Thanks for all the replies

I only ever really used my Bard as a party buff, to help with zerg. Didn't think about a different weapon for Debuff set, or a Debuff set till this weekend

I have the cards to do all my AF +3, my priority was finishing Carnwenhan to 95, just finished 2 days ago. Before that my priority was song duration gear.

Been working on my lua this weekend, to fill gaps in fast cast and ssc. And hadn't had a chance to look at debuff sets

After looking at Spoonys guide, is the Oranyan, one of the best weapons for Debuff? What are some easier options, till I can get it farmed?

What did you mean by Item level main?

And is "All Songs" referring to gear with Song +, like Lullaby +2 on Brioso Slippers +3.

Again thanks for the help and your time.

ItemSet 353212

Your set could use some work but the main thing is you just need to upgrade your 95 Carnwenhan http://www.ffxiah.com/item/19719/carnwenhan to 119 Carnwenhan http://www.ffxiah.com/item/20561/carnwenhan.

Or use a different item level 119 weapon in your main hand until you upgrade Carnwenhan for non-troubadour debuffs.

Item level weapons have "Magic Accuracy skill" to increase your magic accuracy between level 99 and item level 119.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [71 days between previous and next post]
By Lariae 2017-11-21 01:47:46
Link | Citer | R

Its been a while since I've played bard, but I have a question anyways.. With all of the changes to BRD and the new items that have come out, is Carnwenhan still required to get 100% uptime for NiTro buffs? I mostly used bard as my dual box buffer.

Right now I have +1 Song harp, Gjallar +4 and im trying to decide if i first want to finish harp, or start working on the dagger. (I have the Ichor, First round of assault missions done from when I completed Tizona on my main BLU)
 Asura.Seizan
Serveur: Asura
user: Seiza
By Asura.Seizan 2017-11-21 01:51:12
Link | Citer | R

Harp.
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2017-11-21 08:07:20
Link | Citer | R

Yes it still is needed to get 100% nitro. Harp is more important though
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-11-21 08:55:49
Link | Citer | R

The answer as to what is better to complete first lies in your playstyle and your needs. There's pros and cons in everything.
I'll leave Horn out since you already have it completed.

Carnwenhan => With proper gear in the other slots, it allows you to ride NiTro full time. That means 5 songs all of the time, over 13 mins of Soul Voice, and so on. This can be very useful but if you're tackling content with frequent dispels, you're kinda *** and the benefit of perma NiTro disappears. Another benefit is for when you have to keep stuff slept for long and foreseeable amounts of time. Can only think of one fight where this makes a big difference though, in the current end-game. Carnwenhan is also a very nice (arguably BiS) weapon for debuffing and still a pretty decent melee weapon for your BRD, but this often is irrelevant when we're talking about a mule BRD.

Harp => Allows you to perform a 4th song, this goes without saying, it's very useful. It adds to the annoyance level if you're dualboxing the bard, as each time you get a song dispelled you will have to reapply a fake song first. Also, in some circumstances you may run out of "useful" buffs to give, forcing you to use secondary or stupid songs because either you're already acc/att/haste capped or because you're alredy at the 12buffs cap (songs and rolls share a 12 buffs cap. You can't have more than 12 effects combined from songs rolls, no matter how you split it. 8 rolls 4 songs, 10 songs 2 rolls, etc)

So, what would be better for your mule? I dunno, hope you'll be able to judge for yourself with this information we gave you.
[+]
By Lariae 2017-11-21 12:32:47
Link | Citer | R

Based on what you guys have said, what I use the bard for and what I've read in other threads seems like the best route to go would be to finish the harp, try to get ahold of Honor March then work on the dagger.

Thanks