Random Politics & Religion #26

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #26
Random Politics & Religion #26
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 30 31 32
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-11 17:11:29
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
By the looks of it, while the numbers are staggering, the soldiers aren't physically capable of waging war.

Reports of starvation among soldiers

More starvation and ancient military technology

Ideological propaganda, plus overall bad training for conscripted soldiers

That's after a 8 second google search.

Their military is largely a joke by modern standards, it's more to keep the civilian population under the governments thumbs then for any real fight.

This topic has become kinda funny because of the ill informed.

Here's a cool tidbit from the history of unintended consequences. The operational decision that resulted in the 38th parallel being the DMZ was decided by an Army Lieutenant. Not shitting you, a junior staff officer put together the charts and maps that were used to plan the allied invasion of Japan. When delimitating the US vs Russian area's of operation the 38th just seemed like a good in-between spot to give roughly even area to each military unit and therefor not offend senior officers in either military.

Routing decision in a routine operation resulting in a decades long history landmark.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-08-11 22:56:10
Link | Citer | R

44 40 or fight!
 Sylph.Cherche
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-08-11 23:42:44
Link | Citer | R

So, this is happening.

Apparently, Nazi Paraphernalia all over the crowd.
By Ruaumoko 2017-08-12 08:14:49
Link | Citer | R

I wish that all media outlets, mainstream or otherwise, would stop using the term 'Alt-Right' and call these *** for what they are.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-08-12 08:23:53
Link | Citer | R

Ruaumoko said: »
I wish that all media outlets, mainstream or otherwise, would stop using the term 'Alt-Right' and call these *** for what they are.
Naw, that goes against their end-goal. Which is, of course, to dehumanize those who disagree with them.

Hell, you can see that in their rallies, especially the Woman's March back on January 21. Where they tried to dehumanize themselves (if you don't agree with my personal viewpoint, you are subhuman type of thing).
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2017-08-12 08:29:49
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Naw, that goes against their end-goal. Which is, of course, to dehumanize those who disagree with them.
They have to, this is not going to end well otherwise.

The first thing, like you say, is for the likes of CNN and MSNBC to stop employing so many personal attacks, sweeping statements and measures designed to dehumanize the opposition. There is no dialogue anymore between the traditional left and right and there is absolutely no center anymore. This needs to change, we need a constructive dialogue to be restored.

Someone is going to have to blink first and concede.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-08-12 08:32:29
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
44 40 or fight!
.44-40 WCF? Not the best round to use in a fight but I guess it'd do.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-12 09:27:33
Link | Citer | R

The first thing, like you say, is for the likes of CNN and MSNBC to stop employing so many personal attacks, sweeping statements and measures designed to dehumanize the opposition.

That's because they are now "Entertainment Networks" and not News Networks. They turn rather boring "news" into episodes of Jersey Shore and Ghost Hunters.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-08-12 10:32:23
Link | Citer | R

Actually, I have no idea why they're fighting. >_>

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Endoq
Serveur: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2017-08-12 15:57:04
Link | Citer | R

When you realize trumps quote is directly from red skull... a nazi from captain America
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2017-08-12 16:04:14
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Endoq said: »

When you realize trumps quote is directly from red skull... a nazi from captain America
You're seeing the comic book nerd in me here but... that picture is false and photo-shopped.

Someone added the text box and passed it off as something new.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Serveur: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2017-08-12 16:07:21
Link | Citer | R

You're seeing the comic book nerd in me here but... that picture is false and photo-shopped.

I'm actually kind of relieved lol
By Ruaumoko 2017-08-12 16:20:57
Link | Citer | R

I guess it's just the Historian in me, whenever a picture or video that is clearly a few decades old used in a debate or argument I always seek out the original and see if is indeed the same.

Hasn't yet failed me.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-08-12 16:53:41
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-08-12 17:03:59
Link | Citer | R

*cough*Virginia the last 48hrs*cough*
By Ruaumoko 2017-08-12 17:12:19
Link | Citer | R

One person confirmed dead in the Virginia protests.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-08-12 18:00:12
Link | Citer | R

Neo nazi rammed a car into a crowd of anti - protesters.

Been arrested. I see one count of murder 1, 19 counts of attempted murder, and IDK how many counts of assault and assault with a deadly weapon.

I also see the alt right giving this dude millions for some very expensive lawyers.

I do notice that the alt right is learning tactics from ISIS. How long until they start using suicide bombers?

It does cross my mind that I could legally hunt them in any stand your ground state. Not that I have picked up a rifle in decades, nor is my eyesight what it once was. But I still have a bit of the ambush predator left in me.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-08-12 18:04:36
Link | Citer | R

Candlejack said: »
Oooh, here's a nice way to start the weekend: Known far-right hatemongering evangelical pastor Pat Robertson FELL OFF A HORSE. He's 87. At that age, even a simple bathroom slip and fall could kill him. Here's to hoping his karma catches up to him while he's hospitalized.
That's going a bit too far to hope for someone's death. >_>
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-08-12 18:10:41
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »
Oooh, here's a nice way to start the weekend: Known far-right hatemongering evangelical pastor Pat Robertson FELL OFF A HORSE. He's 87. At that age, even a simple bathroom slip and fall could kill him. Here's to hoping his karma catches up to him while he's hospitalized.
/youmustbenewhere.jpg

He does this all the time.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-08-12 18:18:47
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »
Begging your pardon but the religious right often indulges in "maledictory prayer" although I don't know if the reverend Dr. Robertson has ever indulged himself in them.
 Shiva.Shruiken
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-08-12 18:34:05
Link | Citer | R

Richard Spencer where he belongs.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-08-12 18:45:21
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Shruiken said: »

Richard Spencer where he belongs.
I don't see a rope around his neck.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Slore
Serveur: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2017-08-12 20:21:29
Link | Citer | R

Neo nazi rammed a car into a crowd of anti - protesters.

Been arrested. I see one count of murder 1, 19 counts of attempted murder, and IDK how many counts of assault and assault with a deadly weapon.

I also see the alt right giving this dude millions for some very expensive lawyers.

I do notice that the alt right is learning tactics from ISIS. How long until they start using suicide bombers?

It does cross my mind that I could legally hunt them in any stand your ground state. Not that I have picked up a rifle in decades, nor is my eyesight what it once was. But I still have a bit of the ambush predator left in me.

It was actually posted that it was a member of antifa high on drugs that was driving and hit the wrong group. I do not know if its been confirmed yet but reports say according to his facebook he is a Bernie supporter and trump hater.

"16-year-old Joel Vangeheluwe had driven the car in the fatal crash."

His facebook is a literal hate page of Trump. Good try though.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-08-12 20:36:17
Link | Citer | R

Slore, I will look at the posts on it tomorrow.

But if you got that from the alt right media I give it 99.8% chance to be false.
 Odin.Slore
Serveur: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2017-08-12 20:49:48
Link | Citer | R

OK update it was not the guy previously mentioned. Guys name was James Alex Fields Jr that was arrested but it is not confirmed that he was the driver. Reports state that he was not involved in protests but was in fact attacked in his car by antifa protesters. I will post the link when it becomes an actual story and not an alert. In reports he was punched through his window, had a window smashed out and was being drug from his car by 2 black men, witnesses report.

As stated I will post link when it becomes available.
 Shiva.Shruiken
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-08-12 20:51:04
Link | Citer | R

Slore, I will look at the posts on it tomorrow.

But if you got that from the alt right media I give it 99.8% chance to be false.

I read that the name of the driver hasn't been released and the alt-right media site the report originated from retracted it.
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 30 31 32