Random Politics & Religion #26

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #26
Random Politics & Religion #26
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 30 31 32
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-08-07 23:59:05
Link | Citer | R

Even as a zombie, Flavin can't resist a cheap ad hominem.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-08-08 07:10:49
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Garuda.Chanti said: »
You weren't around in the '60s king.
No, but you know what the best thing about not being from a period of time like that is?

I can be objective and honest about the analysis of the events that occurred during that time, as an outsider. Nearly all of the time, the best judges of events are those who never experienced it.

And I can honestly say that, while looking at the history of that era, the people at the time were anarchists. And those people who are anarchists in the 60s became the liberals/democrats of today.
You can be honest and objective? Lol...
A million times more than you.

Welcome back though. We missed your trolling.....about as much as we miss the flowerheads.
[+]
By Nausi 2017-08-08 10:04:43
Link | Citer | R

Poor google guy. Wrong think has some pretty absurd consequences.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-08-08 10:23:33
Link | Citer | R

ALas, gone are the days where one can assert their self-proclaimed genetic superiority over their coworkers via unsolicited internal memos that run antithetical to the companies fundamental work ethic without any consequences. RIP America.
[+]
By Nausi 2017-08-08 10:33:58
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
ALas, gone are the days where one can assert their self-proclaimed genetic superiority over their coworkers via unsolicited internal memos that run antithetical to the companies fundamental work ethic without any consequences. RIP America.
If anyone ever need cite pleebs as a science denier, here it is!
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-08-08 11:01:04
Link | Citer | R

Where did I say anything about science?
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-08-08 11:20:53
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Lennart said: »
"Everyone is entitled to their own sorrow, for the heart has no metric."

"And that P&R *** too, we can't even bother imagining quantifications there."

Gonna need some empirical data to back up these imagined quantifications.

So how about them "weather extremes"?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-08-08 11:58:19
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

What about them?
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-08 12:06:53
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

The exact same as every other century.

Since "Global Warming" didn't work out when the globe failed to warm as instructed, you've invented a new set of terms to scare people into handing your sports team more power and money.

"Climate Change" is dead, the window of opportunity for exploiting public stupidity has closed and you can't get people to write you blank checks based on apocalyptic fears.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-08-08 12:27:07
Link | Citer | R

lol stick to the MRA manifesto

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-08-08 12:34:31
Link | Citer | R

On the topic you two are mentioning; one of the best videos I've ever come across for addressing exactly what our planet needs and what we can do to help it.

(and no, it does not tell you to lower emissions or limit fossil fuel useage etc, this is different. Those cycles of climate change will always exist in some form no matter what humans do)

I'll get to the video later, but I should note that nobody is interested in actual fixes that don't increase the power of the government to regulate human behavior for political and financial gain.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-08-08 13:43:42
Link | Citer | R

And speaking of climate change....

A report on climate change by scientists from 13 federal agencies was recently leaked.

Read the Draft of the Climate Change Report
NY Times

Scientists Fear Trump Will Dismiss Blunt Climate Report
NY Times

Five takeaways from the federal climate report
The Hill

Trump Administration Reviews Report Linking Climate Change to Human Activity
VoA

The U.S. government wrote a startling report on climate change, but will Trump allow it to be released?
PBS

Leaked Federal Climate Report Contradicts Trump Administration Stance

Scientists released the report of dire consequences before the White House could bury it

Scientific American
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-08-08 13:47:08
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
On the topic you two are mentioning; one of the best videos I've ever come across for addressing exactly what our planet needs and what we can do to help it.

(and no, it does not tell you to lower emissions or limit fossil fuel useage etc, this is different. Those cycles of climate change will always exist in some form no matter what humans do)

I'll get to the video later, but I should note that nobody is interested in actual fixes that don't increase the power of the government to regulate human behavior for political and financial gain.
Cronyism! Say it ain't so!

Cronyism is bad...unless you are a liberal, then that's all you have.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-08 14:15:31
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

That's all it's ever been about, power and control. They don't actually give a *** about the environmental health of the planet, they only care about leveraging some useful idiots to gain more power. That is why every single proposal is based around the central government becoming more powerful and redistributing wealth from those opposing the left to those supporting the left.

Notice what happened to President Obama's pro-nuclear stance? He started off supporting using nuclear power to replace the older coal, which is one of the biggest reasons I voted for him. Then once his party had to time "correct" his thinking, he dropped that idea completely in favor of *** solar / wind which couldn't possibly replace coal. He continued to push the lefts policies of persecuting the coal industry and it took the unexpected boon from horizontal drilling and fracking to produce enough cheap gas / oil that could stand in for decommissioned coal plants.

That's the kind of *** I'm talking about, there are dozens of things the left could do to support our environment. I'm a huge supporter of environmental conservation and keeping our waterways and forests clean and usable, yet that ***gets virtually zero monetary support while establishing a world order based on controlling carbon, a vital ingredient for life, gets virtually all of it.

And yes if a government can control carbon they literally can control all facets of life. All standard life on this planet (baring some exotic chemistry happening on the ocean floor) is based on the Carbon Oxygen cycle, regulating CO2 is no different then regulating breathing, the left knows it and wants that ultimate power.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Nausi 2017-08-08 14:35:29
Link | Citer | R

Its all a scam.

Aussies were caught manipulating climate data to hide record lows.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2014/08/25/australian-bureau-of-meteorology-accused-of-criminally-adjusted-global-warming/
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-08-08 14:38:17
Link | Citer | R

Breitbart, don't even bother folks.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-08-08 14:41:50
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
very defendable argument
I would disagree. It's all predicated on the false assumption that global warming is not a thing that is actually happening.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-08 14:44:15
Link | Citer | R

Only Saevel can manage to transform a very defendable argument into some huge conspiracy theory about trying to control breathing.

You must pay me $0.01 per breath you take to offset the effect of your human generated carbon output. If you disagree with me then you are a climate denying racist deplorable.

This is no different then using civil asset forfeiture to fund a police departments training and equipment costs. CAF was originally introduced as a way for police to go after organized crime and drug gangs, now it's routinely used by police to make up funding shortfalls within their department.

As I said Carbon is vital to the process of all life on the planet, regulating it is to different then regulating breathing.
[+]
By Nausi 2017-08-08 14:45:13
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »

"Groupthink" is not an argument.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-08 14:46:56
Link | Citer | R

Nausi said: »
Its all a scam.

Aussies were caught manipulating climate data to hide record lows.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2014/08/25/australian-bureau-of-meteorology-accused-of-criminally-adjusted-global-warming/

US agencies do the exact same thing. It's all about producing what's asked for in a manor that supports the objectives of the entity funding you. If you were a climate scientist and you produced a report, study or finding that didn't supporting those objectives, the results would be deleted and you'd find yourself either out of a job or working at a desk filing paperwork in a basement. The Climategate emails made this extremely clear.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-08-08 14:47:39
Link | Citer | R

Making things up is also not an argument but you do it everyday.
By Nausi 2017-08-08 14:47:49
Link | Citer | R

Libs are going 100% full potato today.
[+]
By Nausi 2017-08-08 14:53:26
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
very defendable argument
I would disagree. It's all predicated on the false assumption that global warming is not a thing that is actually happening.

No it isnt, the skeptics premise isnt that the climate doesnt change, its that such change is not due in majority to mans emissions of co2.

The mischaracterization of the skeptics argument is the foundation of thre alarmist's.

Alarmists would have everyone believe that our climate is so fragile that a slight difference of a hundreth of a percent in composition is enough to destroy the world.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-08 14:53:26
Link | Citer | R

I remember that story and I didn't read it on Breitbart either.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/31/australia-weather-bureau-caught-tampering-with-climate-numbers/

http://joannenova.com.au/2012/03/australian-temperature-records-shoddy-inaccurate-unreliable-surprise/

https://jonrappoport.wordpress.com/2017/08/02/australia-weather-experts-falsify-climate-change/

Quote:
Certainly don’t listen to a man like Freeman Dyson, who has no mainstream credentials—except for the following: physicist and mathematician, professor emeritus at Princeton’s Institute for Advanced Study, Fellow of the Royal Society, winner of the Lorentz Medal, the Max Planck Medal, the Fermi Award. Dyson states:

“What has happened in the past 10 years is that the discrepancies [in climate change models] between what’s observed and what’s predicted have become much stronger. It’s clear now the [climate change] models are wrong, but it wasn’t so clear 10 years ago… I’m 100 per cent Democrat myself, and I like Obama. But he took the wrong side on this [climate change] issue, and the Republicans took the right side…”

Don't listen to that guy, he must be a Trump luvin racist transphobic muslim hating deplorable.
[+]
By Nausi 2017-08-08 14:55:09
Link | Citer | R

Well of course, if you wouldnt have been hired at google, then clearly youre an oppressor.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 30 31 32