Random Politics & Religion #24

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #24
Random Politics & Religion #24
First Page 2 3 ... 74 75 76 ... 79 80 81
By fonewear 2017-06-14 10:04:17
Link | Citer | R

I'm hearing on TV it is some anti Trump guy. Probably a FFXIAH user.
[+]
By eliroo 2017-06-14 10:09:21
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Actually eliroo, after the past 7 months of TDS you have been displaying, I'm more inclined to believe Savael's analysis than your own words.

TDS - Trump Down syndrome?

So simply because I disagree with you on how Trump is handling things I am part of a regressive left cult? Let that sink in, I am part of a cult when I don't really talk to any "democrats" or "lefts" in my private life at all. I am consistently surrounded by Republicans in my private life actually and I consistently agree with them on several matters. I literally swing left or right depending on the issue.

Furthermore my view on how Trump handles himself in office has literally nothing to do with my political views, at all. I still believe in the same political things that I normally do and due to my heavy split in certan areas I could easily support a republican president.

But that has NOTHING to do with my views on how Trump is currently acting.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-14 10:12:17
Link | Citer | R

eliroo said: »
Did it ever occur to you that maybe you are only looking at the event in a lens that supports your narrative? Or is that a bit too hard to grasp?
No, I just don't accuse, or infer guilt, on parties based on speculation, lack of evidence, and feelings towards the person.

Attempting to influence the results of an investigation through intimidation.
How? Because Trump didn't order Comey to stop the investigation against Flynn, and was only expressing his feelings (hope) that Comey would let it go?

If that's intimidation, then Comey didn't see it that way because he: A) Did not stop the investigation, nor B) report such "intimidation" until after he was fired for just cause. Even when he had the chance in a public forum to do so, under oath, and to Congress, the only group of people who can do anything about it.

So, there goes that narrative.

You have to be taking the situation very literally to not be able to see how that could be construed as intimidation.
Let me put it to you this way. I "hope" that Kojo bans you from this P&R because of how stupid you are being right now.

Now, let's see if Kojo is "intimidated" enough to do it. $50 Bison Bucks says he responds with a no u, or even better, banning me instead.

BTW Kojo, he's 500 FFXIAH.com gems, please don't ban me, kthxbye.

Let's not even dive into the fact that Trump was so insecure that he threatened Comey on twitter.
It's called ego. Yes, he is insecure, but it's more ego driven than insecurity that he threatened Comey with tapes. Also, it's a bluff, something he is good at. There are no tapes, he's not that smart to make tapes of conversations he has with people. At least, not then.

Furthermore, I don't think him "not being a politician" is good enough excuse here. Didn't republicans tear into Obama for being "inexperienced"? In the words of President McCain "Seems like a double standard to me".
Two things:

1) President McCain? Don't you mean Senator? Or did you stay up late last night watching Diamondbacks play again? I heard it does a number on people.
2) Yes, Obama was a Junior Congressman when he ran for President. That doesn't mean he doesn't have experience dealing with people in Washington. He had more experience with DC people than Trump ever had, even to this day. But that's by choice.

Onto this, do you really think that the people holding this investigation have some sort of pre-conceived narrative?
Yes, absolutely. Evidence on this is the number and intensity of the leaks associated with this investigation, starting with the ouster of Flynn, the accusations on Manafort and Page, the dossier used almost exclusively (and is the only piece of evidence presented by the FBI "investigation") in this investigation, even though that very dossier has been proven false by multiple sources, even by the very people who the dossier was used against, and pretty much nothing has come from this investigation other than the knowledge (by Comey, no less) that Lynch tried to influence the investigation and possibly obstruct justice herself in her meeting with Clinton and telling Comey to not name this an investigation, but a manner to the public.

So, yes, this investigation has a preconceived narrative. That is very obvious by now.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-06-14 10:13:57
Link | Citer | R

We can go one day without bickering. Let's stop the nonsense and focus on what is important. We live in a great country. Period.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-06-14 10:15:22
Link | Citer | R

Candlejack said: »
G'morning RP+R. Top story of the day, crazed gunman opens fire at the congressional baseball game practice field, wounds at least one congressman (Steve Scalise, R) and a handful of other people before being taken into custody. Make of that what you will.
This has to be a false flag attack.

1, 50 shots fired, 5 wounded, none critically.

2, Liberals don't own guns.

I blame Alex Jones.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-14 10:15:24
Link | Citer | R

Seriously. For a guy who keeps stating that only you looks between the lines, you certainly are blind to narratives of actual events.

Facts and reality disagree with his religious political ethos and therefor must be wrong. The fact of his reality is that Trump is evil and must not be allowed to retain power at any cost. Any system that enables Trump to retain power is oppressive and must be abolished or circumvented.

The mind of a zealot is both fascinating and disturbing.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-14 10:15:59
Link | Citer | R

TDS - Trump Down syndrome?
Trump Derangement Syndrome. Signs of it is the irrational urge to attack Trump based on what he had for dinner last night, or making up stories of obstruction of justice that didn't exist.

Furthermore my view on how Trump handles himself in office has literally nothing to do with my political views, at all. I still believe in the same political things that I normally do and due to my heavy split in certan areas I could easily support a republican president.
Attacking Trump's twitter use is not the same as accusing him of obstructing justice in an investigation that he hoped would end due to the person being investigated already punished enough (in the eyes of Trump).

But that has NOTHING to do with my views on how Trump is currently acting.
Almost every post you have made as either been baseless accusations or outright attacks against Trump.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-06-14 10:16:05
Link | Citer | R

Ah so you don't think Hillary Clinton committed perjury? Or that in the very least she showed gross negligence when handling her email server?

i have no idea where this statement is coming from since we weren't discussing hillary...but ok.

again...take out the names trump and hillary and think of it from a purely legal standing.

if you want to nail someone rich to a cross you need A Crime you need harm done and you need intent to commit harm.

Al Capone he had people killed in broad daylight, but they busted him on tax evasion. he didn't pay taxes which harmed the government and the other tax payers. they collected evidence that he did it intentionally, he died in prison.

If we want to nail up hillary we need A Crime... like... the NORTH KOREANS shoot down a passanger plane and 187 people die AND the reason they shot it down is because hilary used her secret email to tell them a doomsday weapon was on board but in reality it was just leon panetta, who she hates and there are a bunch of other emails where she is planning on killing him in this manner because she is upset he lost her the election.

ok now it's got some teeth. but you need to have someone intentionally harmed, then you have a crime, then you can work out intent and collusion and conspiracy and all the other things you mention.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-06-14 10:16:44
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
We can go one day without bickering....
In RP&R? To dream the impossible dream....
[+]
By fonewear 2017-06-14 10:17:19
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Candlejack said: »
G'morning RP+R. Top story of the day, crazed gunman opens fire at the congressional baseball game practice field, wounds at least one congressman (Steve Scalise, R) and a handful of other people before being taken into custody. Make of that what you will.
This has to be a false flag attack.

1, 50 shots fired, 5 wounded, none critically.

I blame Alex Jones.

James T Hodgkinson. Shooter.
By fonewear 2017-06-14 10:19:59
Link | Citer | R

I'd post the picture of the shooter but I think it is NSFW.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-06-14 10:20:48
Link | Citer | R

We can go one day without bickering....
In RP&R? To dream the impossible dream....

thanks for the man of la mancha flashback chanti....

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By fonewear 2017-06-14 10:20:51
Link | Citer | R

What the hell here you go:
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-14 10:20:55
Link | Citer | R

Wrong, Wrong, Wrong, Wrong, So wrong, Very wrong, and I'm-starting-to-sound-like-Ace-Ventura-now-Wrong.

In other words:

[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-06-14 10:21:52
Link | Citer | R

But in actual bipartisan good news, which is rare in political discussions.

Head of Michigan health department charged with manslaughter in Flint water crisis
AP - Chicago Tribune

Quote:
The head of the Michigan health department was charged Wednesday with involuntary manslaughter, the highest-ranking member of Gov. Rick Snyder's administration to be snagged in a criminal investigation of Flint's lead-contaminated water.

Nick Lyon is accused of failing to alert the public about an outbreak of Legionnaires' disease in the Flint area, which has been linked by some experts to poor water quality in 2014-15.

Charges were read in court by a member of the state attorney general's team. Lyon was not in court. A message seeking comment was left for his attorneys.

Flint began using water from the Flint River in 2014 but didn't treat it to reduce corrosion. Lead from old plumbing leached into the water system.

Some experts also have linked the water to Legionnaires' disease, a type of pneumonia caused by bacteria that thrive in warm water and infect the lungs. People can get sick if they inhale mist or vapor, typically from cooling systems.

There were nearly 100 cases in the Flint area, including 12 deaths, in 2014 and 2015.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-06-14 10:24:59
Link | Citer | R

Wrong, Wrong, Wrong, Wrong, So wrong, Very wrong, and I'm-starting-to-sound-like-Ace-Ventura-now-Wrong....
Oh, silly me, I forgot the sarcasm tags.
By fonewear 2017-06-14 10:27:54
Link | Citer | R

I don't see that as a "sound state of mind". You are right though, I don't know for certain. My guess he was borderline psychotic with a left leaning. I'd think you would have to be to ask such a simple question and then respond by grabbing your gun and firing at people.

Also is the shooter dead? I thought he was apprehended.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-06-14 10:29:42
Link | Citer | R

Head of Michigan health department charged with manslaughter in Flint water crisis
AP - Chicago Tribune

not sure how it's good news.... but it futher illistrates my point about how someone basically has to die before anyone will care enough to file charges....
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-14 10:31:13
Link | Citer | R

AP - Chicago Tribune

Quote:
The head of the Michigan health department was charged Wednesday with involuntary manslaughter, the highest-ranking member of Gov. Rick Snyder's administration to be snagged in a criminal investigation of Flint's lead-contaminated water.

Nick Lyon is accused of failing to alert the public about an outbreak of Legionnaires' disease in the Flint area, which has been linked by some experts to poor water quality in 2014-15.

Charges were read in court by a member of the state attorney general's team. Lyon was not in court. A message seeking comment was left for his attorneys.

Flint began using water from the Flint River in 2014 but didn't treat it to reduce corrosion. Lead from old plumbing leached into the water system.

Some experts also have linked the water to Legionnaires' disease, a type of pneumonia caused by bacteria that thrive in warm water and infect the lungs. People can get sick if they inhale mist or vapor, typically from cooling systems.

There were nearly 100 cases in the Flint area, including 12 deaths, in 2014 and 2015.
That's kindof a big charge.

Look, it was bad what happened with Flint, and whoever was responsible should be fired, but charged with manslaughter? Isn't that a little too much?

I mean, you already ruined the guy's life. It's not like he personally attempted to kill everyone in Flint and create sickness to the survivors....
By fonewear 2017-06-14 10:31:43
Link | Citer | R

The only time we got along is when tragedy strikes. 9/11 Sandy Hook etc. Then we go back to hating the other side. Repeat.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-14 10:33:21
Link | Citer | R

Wrong, Wrong, Wrong, Wrong, So wrong, Very wrong, and I'm-starting-to-sound-like-Ace-Ventura-now-Wrong....
Oh, silly me, I forgot the sarcasm tags.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-14 10:33:46
Link | Citer | R

Trump Derangement Syndrome. Signs of it is the irrational urge to attack Trump based on what he had for dinner last night, or making up stories of obstruction of justice that didn't exist.

To be fair it's not really their fault. During the 2016 election campaign the Clinton spread so much hate and fear towards Trump in an effort to energize gullible voters to vote for her as a "Savior" in a very literally sense. Her message was "vote for me so I can save you from Trump". For such a message to work you need an enemy that the public can all hate together and you can use as a focal point, normally this enemy is external "Evil Germans, Evil Communists, Evil Terrorists" or sometimes internal "Evil Muslims, Evil Blacks, Evil Whites, Evil Jews" and so on. If someone can get enough people to identify this "common enemy" then they can exploit humans natural tribal instincts to get themselves put into power. For the Democrats that decided to use their direct opponent, Trump, instead of some generic group. By directly naming the enemy it becomes a much stronger fear and more effective, of course if you lose the price is very steep. Trump won, meaning all that hatred the Dems created is now out of control. The Anti-Christ was supposed to be defeated in the great battle of 2016, instead the Anti-Christ won and now all that stoked hatred is being unleashed by anyone who was emotionally manipulated by the Dems.

TDS is just the result created from such intense hatred kept for so long. Unreleased hatred creates all sorts of psychological trauma. If the person doesn't find a healthy way to vent that stuff then they end up going Jihad and shooting perceived enemies.. ohh wait...
[+]
By fonewear 2017-06-14 10:35:13
Link | Citer | R

The shooter sorta looks like the Walter from Big Lebowski:

[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-14 10:35:31
Link | Citer | R

AP - Chicago Tribune

Quote:

That's kindof a big charge.

Look, it was bad what happened with Flint, and whoever was responsible should be fired, but charged with manslaughter? Isn't that a little too much?

I mean, you already ruined the guy's life. It's not like he personally attempted to kill everyone in Flint and create sickness to the survivors....

Don't think manslaughter will stick, no direct connection or intent. Possibly negligence or something related to official duties or policies, but this just smells like a political charge where they know going in it's going to crumble.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-06-14 10:40:40
Link | Citer | R

The shooter sorta looks like the Walter from Big Lebowski:

He was a Bernie Bro apparently and yes I'm using "was" because he just died.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-06-14 11:07:39
Link | Citer | R

Now is not the time to discuss Bernie control.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-14 11:20:22
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Now is not the time to discuss Bernie control.

Oh Bernie Sanders, the "solve every problem by taking all the wealthy peoples money".
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-14 11:35:09
Link | Citer | R

In a surprising analysis published by Washington Post, of all places:

The Sessions hearing shows who’s really colluding with Russia

Sources are bad when suffering from TDS.

Quote:
According to the U.S. intelligence community, Russia’s objectives in meddling in the 2016 election included not only hurting Hillary Clinton’s chances but also undermining “public faith in the U.S. democratic process,” “impugning the fairness of the election” and calling into question “the U.S.-led liberal democratic order.” If the spectacle of the past few months is any indication, Russian leader Vladi­mir Putin is certainly succeeding in these latter goals.

And here is the great irony: Those who are falsely claiming that Trump was under FBI investigation for collusion with Moscow are, in fact, the ones inadvertently colluding with Putin to undermine American democracy.

Case in point is the campaign of McCarthyite character assassination on display in the Senate Intelligence Committee hearing Tuesday. No doubt Putin was smiling as Attorney General Jeff Sessions was forced to rebut what he correctly called “appalling and detestable” accusations that he colluded with the Russians and lied to the Senate. Sessions testified that the much-vaunted “third meeting” between Sessions and the Russian ambassador at the Mayflower Hotel — which Sessions reportedly failed to disclose — did not happen, at least not beyond possible incidental contact that he doesn’t even recall.

There was a time when airing unproven allegations of coordinating with the Kremlin was seen as bad form. Now it is common practice in Washington. These kinds of false charges and innuendo directly assist Russia in its efforts to undermine public confidence in our democratic institutions. Those raising such accusations without proof are, wittingly or unwittingly, doing the Kremlin’s bidding.

For months, Democrats (a.k.a. “The Resistance”) have been spinning the false narrative that President Trump was under FBI investigation to call into question the validity of his presidency. In March, Democrats used it as a pretext to argue that Trump did not have the legitimacy to fill a Supreme Court vacancy. Senate Democratic leader Charles E. Schumer (N.Y.) declared in a floor speech that the Senate should not vote on Neil Gorsuch’s nomination because Republicans “stopped a president who wasn’t under investigation” from filling the seat. Two days later, Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) said the same thing, declaring, “The FBI has revealed that the sitting president of the United States is under investigation. And it raises a really, I think, important question and that is whether or not a president who is under investigation by the FBI ought to be ramming through a Supreme Court nominee that would have a lifetime appointment.”

The media gleefully echoed these false claims. The day before Comey testified, CNN blared: “In testimony, Comey will dispute President Trump’s blanket claim that he was told he wasn’t under investigation.” In fact, Comey said precisely the opposite. When Sen. James Risch (R-Idaho) asked, “While you were director, the president of the United States was not under investigation. Is that a fair statement?” Comey replied: “That’s correct.” Even then, CNN was not willing to concede its error, declaring in a so-called “correction” that “Comey does not directly dispute that Trump was told multiple times he was not under investigation” (emphasis added).

No, Comey did not fail to “directly dispute” it, he directly confirmed it. The CNN story — and its non-correction correction — was “facts I don't like.”

Not only that, Comey also testified that Trump never tried to get him to stop the probe into Russia’s election meddling, which Comey explained was a separate matter from the FBI’s investigation of disgraced former national security adviser Michael Flynn. Not only did Trump not ask Comey to stop the probe, the former FBI director told Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), “He went farther than that. He said, and if some of my satellites did something wrong, it’d be good to find that out.” Rubio pressed Comey, asking whether he was testifying that Trump effectively said, “Do the Russia investigation. I hope it all comes out. I have nothing to do with anything Russia. It’d be great if it all came out, people around me were doing things that were wrong.” Comey replied, “That was the sentiment he was expressing. Yes, sir.”

Given these facts, Trump has legitimate reason to be frustrated. If you knew you were not under investigation by the FBI, but everyone was saying you were, you’d want the truth to get out. And you might be upset with an FBI director who refused to lift the “cloud” hanging over your administration by confirming that he was not investigating you.

That said, Trump has been fueling the liberal feeding frenzy with his tweetstorms taking his critics to task. If Trump knows he did nothing wrong — and if he really wants to find out whether any of his “satellites” did — he should stop talking and tweeting about the investigation, let special counsel Robert S. Mueller III do his work and focus on his job: governing. His daughter Ivanka Trump was recently asked how she dealt with the media frenzy over Russia. She replied, “I’m trying to keep my head down, not listen to the noise and just work really hard to make a positive impact in the lives of many people.”

That’s a good strategy — and one her father ought to emulate.

I guess WP is finally figuring out that sticking to their failed narrative will be self destructive, so they are getting out before anyone else so they can "deny" having that narrative in the first place....
[+]
By Nausi 2017-06-14 11:46:35
Link | Citer | R

Say it with me fam:

Media inspired left wing terrorist.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 74 75 76 ... 79 80 81