Random Politics & Religion #24

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #24
Random Politics & Religion #24
First Page 2 3 ... 67 68 69 ... 79 80 81
By eliroo 2017-06-13 08:59:39
Link | Citer | R

I think there is enough suspicion to warrant an investigation with special prosecutor (which I believe is happening). When the investigation ends, then people will have to accept the result but it will be much harder to accept the result if the president keeps trying to impede the investigation.
By eliroo 2017-06-13 09:01:55
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
He fired people who aren't doing their job.

Preet Bharara and now potentially Mueller?

Again, we can come up with whatever excuses we want to fire people but those aren't always the reasons we actually fired them.

Also, I hardly listen to CNN, don't start with that ***. I hated them during the election and still hate their coverage now.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-13 09:09:06
Link | Citer | R

eliroo said: »
Preet Bharara
He wasn't involved in the Russian investigation.

You were very specific in saying that people in the Russia investigation were fired because they were investigating Trump. Bharara was a US Attorney General who was fired by Sessions as Sessions told all Obama AG holdouts to resign, and he refused to.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-13 09:11:33
Link | Citer | R

I think there is enough suspicion to warrant an investigation with special prosecutor (which I believe is happening). When the investigation ends, then people will have to accept the result but it will be much harder to accept the result if the president keeps trying to impede the investigation.
In that case, I accuse you of raping 13 year old girls often.

By your reasoning, the accusation is enough to warrant a special prosecutor into investigating you for rape. And, since I'm being very malicious, I will assign the prosecutor to be best buddies with me, who will do his best to get you convicted.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-06-13 09:15:26
Link | Citer | R

Bold Historical Revisions.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/30/nyregion/preet-bharara-says-he-will-stay-on-as-us-attorney-under-trump.html

From 11-30-16

Quote:
Mr. Bharara, 48, speaking to reporters after the meeting, said Mr. Trump had asked to see him to discuss “whether or not I’d be prepared to stay on as the United States attorney to do the work as we have done it, independently, without fear or favor for the last seven years.”

“We had a good meeting,” Mr. Bharara continued. “I said I would absolutely consider staying on. I agreed to stay on.”

Mr. Bharara said that he had already talked to Senator Jeff Sessions, Republican of Alabama, who is Mr. Trump’s choice for attorney general. “He also asked that I stay on, and so I expect that I will be continuing,” Mr. Bharara said.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-13 09:18:46
Link | Citer | R

I know that reality looks bad to some people.

Quote:
Preet Bharara, the US attorney for the Southern District of New York who established a reputation for prosecuting white collar crime and political corruption, was fired Saturday, he announced on Twitter, after refusing to comply with a request from Attorney General Jeff Sessions that he tender his resignation.

Shame that that person can't refute the source, as it's one of it's favorites.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-06-13 09:20:33
Link | Citer | R

https://www.propublica.org/article/trump-personal-lawyer-boasted-that-he-got-preet-bharara-fired

Quote:
Marc Kasowitz, President Donald Trump’s personal lawyer in the Russia investigation, has boasted to friends and colleagues that he played a central role in the firing of Preet Bharara, the United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York, according to four people familiar with the conversations.

Kasowitz told Trump, “This guy is going to get you,” according to a person familiar with Kasowitz’s account.

Even his lawyer says dumb ***that implicates obstruction.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By eliroo 2017-06-13 09:22:04
Link | Citer | R

Shame that that person can't refute the source, as it's one of it's favorites.

The begs the question though, why did the AG ask for his resignation? Especially after asking him to stay?

:thinkingface:

Quote:
In that case.

Could you have not used a better example?

Regardless, that is a bit of a stretch and off topic. You don't have any validation to your suspicion at all. The masses at least have reports and can piece together strings of information to lead them to their suspicion.
By eliroo 2017-06-13 09:22:57
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Even his lawyer says dumb ***that implicates obstruction.

I'm sure the reality deniers will completely gloss over this. /s
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-06-13 09:24:47
Link | Citer | R

Yeah cause the public statements for the reasoning behind the decisions of this administration remain consistent on a daily basis
[+]
By eliroo 2017-06-13 09:26:22
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Comey was fired because, as evidenced by his own testimony, he was a very ineffective director and pretty much singlehandedly smeared the FBI's image in the mud. Along with his obvious partisanship and lack of ethical behavior, as we are finding out more and more daily.

Oh yeah another thing. Didn't Trump say he fired him over the russian investigation to some extent? Even Comey testified that lol. Also I'm sure they fired him for things that came up during his hearing after he was fired. Logic.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-13 09:29:25
Link | Citer | R

Is Robert Mueller conflicted in Trump probe?

Sources are bad, unless the author is suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Quote:
Fired FBI Director James Comey has emerged as the main figure in what some Democrats believe will be an obstruction of justice case against President Trump in the Trump-Russia matter. Comey's stories of conversations with the president, plus the fact that he was fired, ostensibly as a result of the Russia probe, make him potentially the star witness in the case.

Which brings up an intriguing legal question. Comey is a good friend of special counsel Robert Mueller — such a good friend, for about 15 years now, that the two men have been described as "brothers in arms." Their work together during the controversies over Bush-era terrorist surveillance has been characterized as "deepening a friendship forged in the crucible of the highest levels of the national security apparatus after the 9/11 attacks," after which the men became "close partners and close allies throughout the years ahead."

Now Mueller is investigating the Trump-Russia affair, in which, if the increasing buzz in the case is correct, allegations of obstruction against the president will be central. And central to those allegations — the key witness — will be the prosecutor's good friend, the now-aggrieved former FBI director.

Is that a conflict? Should a prosecutor pursue a case in which the star witness is a close friend? And when the friend is not only a witness but also arguably a victim — of firing — by the target of the investigation? And when the prosecutor might also be called on to investigate some of his friend's actions? The case would be difficult enough even without the complicating friendship.

This is by no means a definitive answer, but I put that question to five Washington lawyers Sunday — lawyers in private practice, on Capitol Hill, in think tanks, some of them veterans of the Justice Department. The verdict came back mixed. But the answers made clear this is a question that will have to be answered in the course of the Mueller investigation.

"This is very odd," said one big-firm lawyer and Justice Department veteran Sunday:

Quote:
An ordinary prosecutor would turn this over to someone uninvolved, and there would be lots of candidates. That is particularly so here where Comey is not just the star witness but a potential target. That said, I doubt anyone outside can or should do anything here. Mueller should resign, but if he chooses not to — either on the theory he can handle the conflict, or on the theory it is such a mess he should just persevere — the attorney general should not fire him. As to how Mueller might handle, he could announce that the Comey part of the case will be handled by someone else within his office, but that is complex and not very satisfactory.

On the other hand, from another big-firm lawyer and Justice Department veteran:

Quote:
I don't see any problem with a prosecutor being a friend of a potential witness. It's hard to imagine a scenario, for example, where information acquired as part of a friendship would impair the prosecutor's ability to do his or her job or, alternatively, improperly influence the witness' testimony. I expect, in any event, that any interview of Comey would be very much a group effort on the part of Mueller's team, so that his personal relationship with Comey would hardly be an issue.

From a Capitol Hill veteran now in private practice:

Quote:
They [Comey and Mueller] have a mutual admiration society. Mueller should hire another prosecutor to deal with Comey. But Comey is central to their case, so it infects the whole prosecution. Could [a close colleague] investigate me? No, he would recuse. But Mueller's stature is great, and he may be able to overcome it.

From another Justice Department veteran:

Quote:
I think it raises a serious conflict of interest that would normally require the prosecutor to recuse himself from the case.

And finally, from another Hill lawyer:

Quote:
It's somewhat ironic, no? I mean, the whole purpose of the special counsel is to have a prosecutor from outside the government and outside of the normal chain of command because inherent conflicts render the Justice Department incapable of handling it. So, now the special counsel is a close friend (mentor/mentee relationship) with the star witness, who by his own admission leaked the memos at least in part to engineer the appointment of a special counsel. Only in Washington. You can't make this stuff up.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By eliroo 2017-06-13 09:38:48
Link | Citer | R

Translated :
Quote:
I only trust sources line up with my agenda
By fonewear 2017-06-13 09:38:59
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Comey was fired because, as evidenced by his own testimony, he was a very ineffective director and pretty much singlehandedly smeared the FBI's image in the mud. Along with his obvious partisanship and lack of ethical behavior, as we are finding out more and more daily.

Oh yeah another thing. Didn't Trump say he fired him over the russian investigation to some extent? Even Comey testified that lol. Also I'm sure they fired him for things that came up during his hearing after he was fired. Logic.

Remember when you said you didn't care I remember !
By eliroo 2017-06-13 09:39:03
Link | Citer | R

that line up* oops.
By eliroo 2017-06-13 09:39:39
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
Remember when you said you didn't care I remember !

I said that I do care, but I just don't have the capacity to care when I am playing games... which I am not doing right now so this is my entertainment.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-13 09:40:32
Link | Citer | R

Translated :
Quote:
At least you admit it.
By fonewear 2017-06-13 09:40:40
Link | Citer | R

Oh this is entertainment. I thought this was serious business. I mean I really thought we had a breakthrough. You should be part of the Senate investigation team. Why put your powers to use on FFXIAH !
[+]
By fonewear 2017-06-13 09:41:55
Link | Citer | R

If it is entertainment which you just stated. Please entertain me and my brethren here !
By fonewear 2017-06-13 09:43:00
Link | Citer | R

I'll start us off:
[+]
By eliroo 2017-06-13 09:46:01
Link | Citer | R

Translated :
Quote:
At least you admit it.

Yeah, was such a burden but I did it. Translating what you said was so hard on me.
By eliroo 2017-06-13 09:46:29
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
Oh this is entertainment. I thought this was serious business. I mean I really thought we had a breakthrough. You should be part of the Senate investigation team. Why put your powers to use on FFXIAH !

Some heroes are the ones... *** it I'm not hero.
[+]
By eliroo 2017-06-13 09:46:38
Link | Citer | R

no* -.-
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-13 09:51:02
Link | Citer | R

Translated :
Quote:
At least you admit it.

Yeah, was such a burden but I did it. Translating what you said was so hard on me.
Oh, I never denied it.

But thanks for inputting your argument though.

There's a logical fallacy in there somewhere. If only it had a brain~
[+]
By eliroo 2017-06-13 09:52:18
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
If only it had a brain~

Maybe when Trump stops golfing.
By fonewear 2017-06-13 09:52:23
Link | Citer | R

If I had a brain I'd tell the cowardly lion to stop being a pussy !
By fonewear 2017-06-13 09:52:57
Link | Citer | R

Translated :
Quote:
At least you admit it.

Oh, I never denied it.

But thanks for inputting your argument though.

There's a logical fallacy in there somewhere. If only it had a brain~
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-06-13 09:55:11
Link | Citer | R

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/deputy-ag-rosenstein-basis-fire-special-counsel-probing-48005938

Looks like Trump will probably fire Rosenstein in 6hrs...or maybe this Saturday, just to keep it Nixonian.
First Page 2 3 ... 67 68 69 ... 79 80 81