Random Politics & Religion #24

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #24
Random Politics & Religion #24
First Page 2 3 ... 65 66 67 ... 79 80 81
By Nausi 2017-06-12 20:39:54
Link | Citer | R

Muller allegedly is comey's pal. Since trump was never under investigation anyways, its time to flush this special counsel down the toilet.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-12 20:40:03
Link | Citer | R

Of course Politico and the rest of the liberal media wants Trump to fire Mueller.

That would give them headlines for months. Also, it would give them a new narrative for them to have on this whole Russia deal.

They are so desperate for anything now that they are willing to make up their own ***. Problem is, most of America are already wise to their shenanigans, so they have no choice but to try to get the pres to do it for them.
 Odin.Slore
Serveur: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2017-06-12 20:47:42
Link | Citer | R

I was in Denton back a few years ago and I think the roads are dumb as ***. I know they were working on main road, don't recall name but its like a major highway. Needless to say I had to 5 exits past airport and come back down some bypass. Was frustrating.
By Viciouss 2017-06-12 20:49:11
Link | Citer | R

Newt Gingrich and Ann Coulter don't really count as Trump allies, Mueller is going to be investigating Trump for at least the next year, as stupid as Trump is, he isn't going to fire him.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-06-12 21:05:52
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Republicans to Trump: Hands off Mueller

As Trump allies call for special counsel's firing, GOP lawmakers say former FBI director gives them comfort

Quote:
Republican lawmakers have a warning for President Donald Trump: Don’t mess with Robert Mueller.

Some Trump allies have begun agitating for Trump to fire the man appointed just last month as a special counsel to oversee the Justice Department’s investigation of Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election. Late Monday, PBS’ Judy Woodruff reported that, per a close friend, Trump himself is weighing the prospect of pulling the plug on Mueller’s probe. And one of the president’s lawyers said Sunday that Trump hadn’t taken that option off the table.

But that would be a huge mistake, Republican lawmakers said Monday.

“It would be a disaster,” said Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) “There's no reason to fire Mueller. What's he done to be fired?”

Mueller’s investigation is widely considered the most threatening to Trump’s presidency. It encompasses questions about whether Trump associates colluded with Russians to influence the 2016 election — and, more recently, whether Trump himself may have obstructed the FBI’s inquiry when he abruptly fired former FBI director James Comey. It is also a probe that is largely out of Trump’s control.

On Capitol Hill, Mueller’s appointment seemed to calm nerves after the firing of Comey. A former FBI director who served for 12 years under Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama, Mueller won bipartisan praise last month, when he was appointed by Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein to oversee the Russia probe.

Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) said the notion firing Mueller, would “certainly be an extraordinarily unwise move.”

Collins and other Republicans said they had no indication Trump was considering firing Mueller. But lawmakers were taken by surprise last month when Trump fired Comey, who was then overseeing the Russia investigation. Comey himself poured fuel on the investigation last week when he testified that Trump repeatedly questioned him about the Russia probe — and asked him to end a related investigation into former national security adviser Michael Flynn — before firing him on May 9.

Comey also testified last week that shortly after Trump fired him, he steered the contents of several private memos to the press in order to prompt the creation of the special counsel probe. Comey has a long-term friendship with Mueller, who has begun filling out his prosecutorial team with experienced hands.

Those facts have alarmed some allies of the president on the hill.

“Bob Mueller’s obviously intent on hiring people who are antagonistic toward this administration,” said Rep. Trent Franks (R-Ariz.) “He’s one of Mr. Comey’s closest friends, and it looks like there’s a deliberate orchestration to damage or undermine the president regardless of the basic facts.”

So far, Franks appears to have a minority view among his colleagues. He said Mueller and Comey’s longstanding friendship “constitute an incontrovertible conflict of interest,” and he said it was time to end the “mindless charade.” But Franks stopped short of urging Trump to fire Mueller.

“I’m not sure I’ve developed an appropriate conviction on that yet,” he said.

Franks’ comments echoed similar criticisms lodged by Trump associates in recent days.

“Republicans are delusional if they think the special counsel is going to be fair,” former House Speaker Newt Gingrich said on Twitter on Monday. “Time to rethink.”

But overwhelmingly, GOP lawmakers heaped praise on Mueller and said they trusted him to lead a fair and thorough probe.

“I think there's a lot of confidence in Mueller around here,” added Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.) “We've all dealt with him.”

And a number of GOP lawmakers, including Sen. John McCain, reiterated that they remain confident in him to lead an impartial investigation.

“He’s a very much trusted individual and had an outstanding record as head of the FBI,” McCain said.

Even some of Trump’s closest allies in Congress are warning against any rush to nix the Mueller probe.

“I think Bob Mueller’s as good as you’re going to find. I don’t see any reason to remove him now,” said Rep. Peter King (R-N.Y.), who has largely defended Trump throughout the investigation into potential Russia ties.

Asked whether Comey’s efforts to nudge DOJ to create a special counsel had tainted the probe, King said, “I think it would taint it more to remove him now.”

The warnings to Trump not to fire Mueller come as some of the president’s allies are working to drum up opposition to the special counsel.

Gingrich, who last month called Mueller a "superb choice" for special counsel, accused Mueller of hiring partisans” to run the investigation.

Several Trump allies blasted Mueller's decision to hire investigators who have given campaign donations to Democrats, including Andrew Weissmann, who’s on detail from his post as head of the Justice Department’s criminal fraud division.

Attorney General Jeff “Sessions never should've recused himself,” conservative activist and Trump supporter Ann Coulter said on Twitter. “Now that we know TRUMP IS NOT UNDER INVESTIGATION, Sessions should take it back & fire Mueller.”

The misconception they're running with is that the President is not under investigation,when Comey said he wasn't at the time of their conversation.

Based off the team Mueller is assembling; he's definitely under investigation and they're building a RICO case.

Comey hinted a few times during his testimony; "the campaign is under investigation but the reality is the head of the campaign is the candidate."

Mueller has brought on James Quarles who worked on the Watergate investigation. Andrew Weissmann former director of the Enron Task Force and Department of Justice's Criminal Fraud division. Michael Dreeben who is considered the #1 practitioner of criminal law.

Which explains why the propaganda against Mueller has started.

Which is why every time I come here now I'm reminded of the line, "there are none so blind as those who refuse to see".
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-06-12 21:12:03
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Which is why every time I come here now I'm reminded of the line, "there are none so blind as those who refuse to see".

Sounds like a slightly more sophisticated way of saying, "WAKE UP, SHEEPLE!"

Let us know when there's actually something worth seeing, because right now I'm being called blind for not seeing someone else's imaginary friend.
[+]
By Nausi 2017-06-12 21:17:05
Link | Citer | R

Say it with me Zero:

Trump. Was. Never. Under. Investigation.
By Nausi 2017-06-12 21:21:27
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Of course Politico and the rest of the liberal media wants Trump to fire Mueller.

That would give them headlines for months. Also, it would give them a new narrative for them to have on this whole Russia deal.

They are so desperate for anything now that they are willing to make up their own ***. Problem is, most of America are already wise to their shenanigans, so they have no choice but to try to get the pres to do it for them.

Not for nothing, but the libs are gonna make up their own ***NO MATTER WHAT. It doesn't matter if Trump wasn't ever under investigation, the accusation of wrongdoing is all that is necessary to justify unparalleled obstruction. As has been said on numerous occasions, the only authority libs recognize is their own.

He should just, fire the guy, bury it and move on. Libs are gonna have to accept they lost at some point.

Hit them as hard as possible with it. Shove it down their throats.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-06-12 21:25:16
Link | Citer | R

Trump should absolutely listen to the idiots, fire Mueller for no reason, watch Congress appoint a special prosecutor, Mueller. Go for it.
By Nausi 2017-06-12 21:30:16
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
Trump should absolutely listen to the idiots, fire Mueller for no reason, watch Congress appoint a special prosecutor, Mueller. Go for it.
Pretty sure libs don't have the votes.

Call that bluff!
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-06-12 21:34:42
Link | Citer | R

Like I said, go for it, this is a comedy topic. You have to be really stupid to think firing Mueller is a good idea.
By Nausi 2017-06-12 21:42:28
Link | Citer | R

Like I said, go for it, this is a comedy topic. You have to be really stupid to think firing Mueller is a good idea.
What reason is there for his continued presence? I mean Trump wasn't under investigation right?

I mean I know libs love to waste money but like seriously, Trump isnt gonna be impeached.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-06-12 21:48:36
Link | Citer | R

But Mueller isn't investigating Trump.

He's investigating the Russia thing.

And we all know that the Donald isn't involved with Russia. Not in the slightest.

So he has nothing to fear from the investigation.

Right?
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-06-12 21:50:19
Link | Citer | R

There are multiple full scale investigations going on into the Trump campaign, Mueller is not going anywhere. Comedy topic.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-06-12 21:56:20
Link | Citer | R

As a practical matter? It's a great idea. There's no way he's going to be impartial.

As a political matter? It would explode. Then again... it's Trump. It's not like he hasn't been through it 473 times before.
[+]
By Nausi 2017-06-12 22:08:34
Link | Citer | R

I'm sure a politically motivated witch hunt won't find anything bad.

The average American commits 3 felonies a day btw.
By Nausi 2017-06-12 22:09:59
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

As a practical matter? It's a great idea. There's no way he's going to be impartial.

As a political matter? It would explode. Then again... it's Trump. It's not like he hasn't been through it 473 times before.
He can always pardon any wrong doing too.

Whats the point? The libs aren't gonna stop until they get a scalp. Take away their toys.
By Viciouss 2017-06-12 22:16:45
Link | Citer | R

Its funny how nausi just glosses over the fact that all of these are Republican led/Republican initiated investigations. But thats ok, they are continuing regardless.
By Nausi 2017-06-12 22:26:46
Link | Citer | R

That's just posturing Vic. They all knew Trump wasn't under investigation.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-06-12 22:35:03
Link | Citer | R

Its funny how nausi just glosses over the fact that all of these are Republican led/Republican initiated investigations. But thats ok, they are continuing regardless.

And they've found nothing too. Kudos to them.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-06-12 23:14:17
Link | Citer | R

Please tell us more about what you learned from the classified briefs you're apparently privy to.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-06-12 23:26:20
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Please tell us more about what you learned from the classified briefs you're apparently privy to.

I'm privy to common sense, Occam's Razor, and probability. Sure, I could be wrong this time, but enough days at the fishing hole with no catch leads one to believe that there aren't any fish to be caught.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-06-13 02:52:20
Link | Citer | R

Common sense would dictate that the likeliest scenario is that no details have been released on an ongoing investigation.
By Nausi 2017-06-13 06:14:04
Link | Citer | R

Weve known for months that theres nothing there. But i guess all the deep state could have just been covering for Trump.

Hope is not a very solid strategy pleebo.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-13 06:18:16
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

I'm privy to common sense, Occam's Razor, and probability. Sure, I could be wrong this time, but enough days at the fishing hole with no catch leads one to believe that there aren't any fish to be caught.
First rule of fishing is to find some water.

The accusations that Trump and Russia colluded with each other regarding the election doesn't even hold water. So, obviously, this will lead to nothing.

Common sense would dictate that the likeliest scenario is that no details have been released on an ongoing investigation.
Sure, if you ignore the fact that the FBI so far has leaked more classified intel to the press than any other administration up to date.

Also, it was specifically in Comey's testimony, but the one thing that was forbidden to be leaked was Trump's lack of investigation.

Add them up, and you have to come to the conclusion that the reason why no evidence has been presented to the public (officially or leaked) is because there is no evidence at all.

Even a mentally deficient monkey can see that. Are you saying that you have less mental capacity than said monkey? Because I can believe it.

/hands Pleebs a banana.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-06-13 07:04:13
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
But Mueller isn't investigating Trump.

He's investigating the Russia thing.

And we all know that the Donald isn't involved with Russia. Not in the slightest.

So he has nothing to fear from the investigation.

Right?

Worst haiku I've ever read !
[+]
By fonewear 2017-06-13 07:05:41
Link | Citer | R

I think we should have a haiku contest best haiku win's a free ice cream cone.
By fonewear 2017-06-13 07:06:04
Link | Citer | R

No ice cream just the cone !
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-06-13 07:17:53
Link | Citer | R

Nausi said: »

Seems to be working for Trump.
By fonewear 2017-06-13 07:26:37
Link | Citer | R

Nausi said: »
Weve known for months that theres nothing there. But i guess all the deep state could have just been covering for Trump.

It is a way to win an election promise hope ! I mean before Obama I never had hope. He changed my life. Now I have hope.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 65 66 67 ... 79 80 81