Random Politics & Religion #24

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #24
Random Politics & Religion #24
First Page 2 3 ... 63 64 65 ... 79 80 81
By fonewear 2017-06-12 12:04:19
Link | Citer | R

I'm investigating this so called "bat man" he has been seen roaming the city late at night...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-12 12:12:04
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Out of curiosity, Eliroo, take this quiz. A lot of us took it a while back to see where we fall on the spectrum. Some of the questions have links to an expanded set of questions.

isidewith.com Political Quiz

............................................................................................................................

............***..........................

***!

/shoots Kojo in the foot.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-06-12 12:15:43
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Out of curiosity, Eliroo, take this quiz. A lot of us took it a while back to see where we fall on the spectrum. Some of the questions have links to an expanded set of questions.

isidewith.com Political Quiz

............................................................................................................................

............***..........................

***!

/shoots Kojo in the foot.

I failed the quiz it told me you are not qualified to vote.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-12 12:16:43
Link | Citer | R

My results

Obviously, the economy is the most important topic on my mind.

Also, I'm more centrist than right wing. But that's obvious.
By eliroo 2017-06-12 12:27:28
Link | Citer | R

I should probably take the quiz again and answer more questions.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-06-12 12:27:58
Link | Citer | R

I'll have to retake it myself to see if I'm still aligned the same way. I was just a touch right of dead center.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-12 12:29:03
Link | Citer | R

eliroo said: »
I should probably take the quiz again and answer more questions.
Naw, you and I are more alike than you care for think.

Be one with me

/assimilates eliroo, Kirby-style.

Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-12 12:29:40
Link | Citer | R

I'll have to retake it myself to see if I'm still aligned the same way. I was just a touch right of dead center.
I didn't change last time I took it.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-12 12:32:32
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
Since the Trump Organization is private it is hard to tell what they spend money on.

Whats crazy is their trying to use his sons's mistake to attack him. From what I can tell it's basically his son making some rookie mistakes regarding paperwork and then potentially misleading his donors about how much the expenses were and that they weren't free anymore. And somehow Trump is now killing kids with cancer.

For those who don't understand what these "charity" foundations are, they have very little to do with charitable contributions and everything to do with participants egos. Wealth people "donate" a ***ton of money for the privilege of exclusive social interaction with other wealthy and influential people. The primary reason they attend is to make people connections for mutual profit on business ventures or other wealthy people ***. The ones hosting the event get mad social credit and become big names for "making connections". The "donations" are essentially the cost of being a privileged member of these social circles and is tax empty because it's "charitable". The person hosting it usually uses a foundation, which is a separate business entity similar to a corporation, as the functionary to deal with the taxes and expenses. As long as no profit is distributed then the charity runs without issues.

The grey area comes with potential self dealing. Normally a foundation is run by a board and they are supposed to shop around and attempt to get the best price for their venues / expenses. Once the expenses were no longer being covered by Donald Trump, the proper thing to do would be a review of providers and to chose the one that provided the best value. Now the counter to this argument is Eric and the board could claim that the Trump brand was a key ingredient to getting donors on board and so they had to stay with the Trump golf courses even if they ended being more expensive then competitors. And later on it seems Eric was a little too loose with the foundations expensive account, another rookie mistake.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-12 12:38:20
Link | Citer | R

I like the "Other" button with the various angles to a particular issue. Like I'm pro-choice, not because I'm a (D) or feminists but because I believe in minimal government involvement in our lives. Same reason I'm for decriminalization of drugs, I don't use them and won't use them but the cure (militarized police force and warzone urban conditions) is far worse then the disease (addiction and dependency). Might as well tax the *** out of it and use that funds for the schools, rehabilitation and police. Lots of other little things end up putting me dead center but with an overriding theme of personal freedom.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-06-12 12:46:08
Link | Citer | R

I would probably fall somewhere in the middle. With Hitler tendencies...
By fonewear 2017-06-12 12:46:28
Link | Citer | R

I'm not saying eugenics is a good idea...but it's not a bad idea !
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-12 12:53:29
Link | Citer | R

I'm not saying eugenics is a good idea...but it's not a bad idea !

Nature has been doing it for millions of years.
[+]
By eliroo 2017-06-12 12:54:53
Link | Citer | R

I changed maybe two answers after thinking about them and expanded all of the questions and answered them:

http://www.isidewith.com/elections/2016-presidential/3236434421#

That is my result. Depending on the questions I am sure I will swing a bit right or left.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-12 13:03:40
Link | Citer | R

/nukes Sugar Land, TX.
By eliroo 2017-06-12 13:07:06
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
Whats crazy is their trying to use his sons's mistake to attack him. From what I can tell it's basically his son making some rookie mistakes regarding paperwork and then potentially misleading his donors about how much the expenses were and that they weren't free anymore. And somehow Trump is now killing kids with cancer.

I took the article as if his son was getting everything for free at one point and then Trump started charging him because there was no paper work or credits. Also a lot of the experts talk about how Trump was charging him way to much for what was being bought especially given the sponsors. There is also some talk about Trump making a decision on where the money should go under his sons foundation.

A lot of it is speculation, because as fone said, we don't know exactly where the money is being spent. We can assume that all the people donating didn't expect their money to be tossed around the Trump foundation. So none of it is damning and I guess it can be interpreted multiple different ways depending on where you stand when you first read it. The forbes article definitely isn't "facts I don't like" though, I feel writing it off is silly.
By eliroo 2017-06-12 13:08:08
Link | Citer | R

/nukes Sugar Land, TX.

Yea I think Jill Stein is an idiot. I wish that was a question.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-12 13:12:11
Link | Citer | R

eliroo said: »
/nukes Sugar Land, TX.

Yea I think Jill Stein is an idiot. I wish that was a question.
That's ok, I think they are all idiots, including and not exclusive to Donald Trump.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-12 13:20:43
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
A lot of it is speculation

Extreme understatement. They are taking tatters of information, turning it upside down, eating a bunch of LSD then proclaiming they found something written in between the fibers.

Donald Trump, as in Trump SR. had virtually zero connection to this sons foundation. Trump didn't even know he was paying for all his sons foundations lavish expenses. I need to point out the word lavish because that is what this is and where liberal hand picked "experts" are misleading the public. This isn't your local charitable golf tournament, this is ultra wealthy by invite only. Lots of extra services purchased through the golf course, which provides those service on demand. How much do you think those charity balls cost, or charity performances, or any other red carpet card only event that Hollywood is doing nearly every weekend? So while it was definitely outside of the price range for a local golf tournament it was well within the price range for other wealthy invite-only charity events. When people pay $50,000 to attend something they expect to be pampered while they schmooze with other people paying $50K to be there.

Later Trump the son started directing the foundations charitable funds to charities run by his friends instead of sticking with their original intent. This is perfectly legal though generally seen as bad taste because it creates the wrong perception.

And yes the article goes to extreme lengths to confuse us with "Trump" references. When we say "Trump" we are thinking "President Donald Trump" but "Trump" can also refer to his son "Eric Trump" or any of his other children.

You can see that Donald Trump was actually quite pissed off that Eric's foundation was getting all it's expenses covered by Donald's foundation. Donald Trump then demanded that Eric's foundation get charged the same as everyone else, as in zero favoritism. Isn't that what you liberals demanded from him?

Otherwise lots of nefarious mud was slung at Donald Trump via guilt by association. "If Eric Trump did these things then Donald MUST BE MUCH WORSE".
[+]
By fonewear 2017-06-12 13:37:07
Link | Citer | R

I'm trying to be outraged by that requires a lot of effort for a Monday no less !
By fonewear 2017-06-12 13:38:00
Link | Citer | R

I've always wondered why people bother to hate people they don't know personally. If Trump slept with your wife that is one thing. But I don't even know the guy !
By fonewear 2017-06-12 13:38:36
Link | Citer | R

I suggest you get to know Trump on a personal level before you judge him.
By eliroo 2017-06-12 13:59:24
Link | Citer | R

Going to have some covfefe with him now.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-06-12 14:19:53
Link | Citer | R

I've always wondered why people bother to hate people they don't know personally. If Trump slept with your wife that is one thing. But I don't even know the guy !

I can't prove that he didn't, so I'm going to hate him just in case.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-06-12 14:23:23
Link | Citer | R

I guess it is un American to support the President. What a time to be alive.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-12 14:24:27
Link | Citer | R

And since you can't prove that he didn't sleep with with your wife, we can safely assume that he did in fact sleep with your wife and impeach him accordingly.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-06-12 14:25:41
Link | Citer | R

I would let Trump slept with my wife for one million dollars. It would be a decent proposal...
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-06-12 14:50:55
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »

And since you can't prove that he didn't sleep with with your wife, we can safely assume that he did in fact sleep with your wife and impeach him accordingly.

He's already been impeached... in my heart. In order to achieve peaceful closure, I'm going to let unfettered hatred rule my emotions for at least the next 3-4 years.
[+]
By eliroo 2017-06-12 14:53:28
Link | Citer | R

Good job guys, you figured out everyone who is against Trump. We can wrap this up now and start the next election.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-06-12 14:56:38
Link | Citer | R

We could talk about how we have nothing to talk about.
First Page 2 3 ... 63 64 65 ... 79 80 81