Random Politics & Religion #24

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #24
Random Politics & Religion #24
First Page 2 3 ... 62 63 64 ... 79 80 81
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-06-11 19:18:56
Link | Citer | R

I wasn't offended, just atempting to inform.

fonewear said: »
Chanti needs to tell some old Jewish jokes liven up the mood in here !
I think I will do just that in an attempt to illustrate a point of our theology.

An agitated Jewish boy rushes in to the Rabbi's office.

"Whats troubling you child?"

"Its about this contract Rebbe. We have a contract with god right?"

"Yes we do, what about it?"

"In crude terms it basically says 'here's the rules don't *** up,' right?"

"In crude terms, yes. Why?"

"What about all the goyim out there?"

"Oh they don't know the rules, they can *** up."

"I'm going to be a lawyer when I grow up, I'm NEVER going to be taken like this."

If you know the rules, you must follow the. If you don't you don't have to.

Remember we invented universal monotheism. Every two bit tribe had their own god and would bow before other tribes' gods. We didn't. And then the 1st diaspora. The "how can I sing the Lord's song in a strange land" part.

Universal, not tribal, and therefore god over all.

Our heaven is rather ill defined, think kinda basking in the glory of the light. Hell... hell is alone in the darkness.

Why would he deprive any one of his children the opportunity?

It gets around the riotous pagan and infant damnation parts rather well I think.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-06-12 06:43:37
Link | Citer | R

LennartHK said: »

I don't know this user but please you are welcome here any time.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-06-12 06:48:46
Link | Citer | R

I believe in God because I don't believe in people. Simple as that. Plus a lot of the philosophers I read believe in God. So maybe I'm just trying to fit in with the philosophy "cool kids"
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-12 07:44:06
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
I don't know this user but please you are welcome here any time.
That's Donny.

Can't you see him out of his element?
[+]
By eliroo 2017-06-12 08:40:38
Link | Citer | R

The leakers in the white house are just too much.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-12 09:06:31
Link | Citer | R

See, here's the difference between a leaker and unclassifying information.

A leaker doesn't have the ability to legally unclassify information. The president does.

How can the President of the United States be a leaker when they have the ability to unclassify documents legally?

It's like saying a baker bakes cakes, and you have a problem with a baker baking cakes.
[+]
By eliroo 2017-06-12 09:09:41
Link | Citer | R

Isn't he leaking info that his allies entrusted to him? Don't they need to give approval for him to "leak" it?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-12 09:16:16
Link | Citer | R

eliroo said: »
Isn't he leaking info that his allies entrusted to him? Don't they need to give approval for him to "leak" it?
It depends on who's information it was.

It also depends on how it was obtained. In this case, it was obtained by a joint effort of Israeli and American efforts.

Trump did nothing wrong, but whoever leaked that information to the NYTs, well, they broke the law.

How come you aren't condemning those people?
[+]
By eliroo 2017-06-12 09:23:21
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
How come you aren't condemning those people?

Because they are christian.

/s

Which is just? Knowing that our president is hurting our relationships with allied nations in favor of a neutral nation or us being ignorant of that fact while it is hidden from the white house?

I guess I simply just don't see a problem with transparency? Maybe when they start leaking information that does more harm than good for the public then it will be a concern.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-06-12 09:26:46
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-12 09:27:01
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
A leaker doesn't have the ability to legally unclassify information. The president does.

It's impossible for the President to "leak" information. The head of the executive branch has ultimate power over what information is authorized to be released to anyone. The only restriction he has is FOIA which actually forces more information to be made public.

Awhile back I actually provided the regulation and legal authority that spells all this out. But hey since it doesn't agree with the liberals agenda they pretend it doesn't exist. Liberals like to pretend a lot of things don't they...
[+]
By eliroo 2017-06-12 09:33:41
Link | Citer | R

@Saevel, I think we all agree that he can legally leak whatever information he wants but we are moreso talking about the justification of it. In this instance, why would he give information about our allies to someone who simply isn't our ally? The focus isn't on the literal aspect but the action.

I also feel this instance it can still be called a "leak" because it wasn't necessarily our information to give. I don't think anyone is saying he should be jailed because of this.
By Nausi 2017-06-12 09:38:03
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
I mean you know this is facts I don't like right?
[+]
By eliroo 2017-06-12 09:41:34
Link | Citer | R

Nausi said: »

I usually get my facts I don't like from forbes
By eliroo 2017-06-12 09:43:16
Link | Citer | R

But hey since it doesn't agree with the conservatives agenda they pretend it doesn't exist. Conservatives like to pretend a lot of things don't they...
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-06-12 09:51:59
Link | Citer | R

But hey since it doesn't agree with the conservatives agenda they pretend it doesn't exist. Conservatives like to pretend a lot of things don't they...

Liberals have been pretending that there's evidence of Trump colluding with Russia. I thought you were the self-proclaimed arbiter of non-partisan thought, but apparently you're just playing sides like everyone else.
[+]
By eliroo 2017-06-12 09:59:46
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Liberals have been pretending that there's evidence of Trump colluding with Russia. I thought you were the self-proclaimed arbiter of non-partisan thought, but apparently you're just playing sides like everyone else.

I'm pretty biased when it comes to government corruption. I believe that there will almost never be smoking guns but rather lots of little evidence that can be piece together. I don't think I've made up evidence but rather operate off of all of the information given. Given all of the information I accept that its a possibility.

I still consider myself pretty non-partisan, but I've mentioned several times that I lean a bit more left. I'm definitely not far left or right on any matter.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-12 10:15:51
Link | Citer | R

He's about as non-partisan as Hillary.

"I'm completely non-partisan while I endorse all aspects of one political ideologue and am intolerant of the others".

Someone who's truly non-partisan won't have an emotional attachment to a political religion and won't make value judgments based on a persons political identification. The litmus test is "would they act differently if the party was switched".
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-06-12 10:19:21
Link | Citer | R

Out of curiosity, Eliroo, take this quiz. A lot of us took it a while back to see where we fall on the spectrum. Some of the questions have links to an expanded set of questions.

isidewith.com Political Quiz
By Nausi 2017-06-12 10:32:47
Link | Citer | R

These are business expenses associated with raising money for childrens cancer. Do you think throwing fundraisers comes at no cost, or did you just turn off your brain after the headline and the subsequent hit of dopamine from another "Drumpf is done" moment?
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-12 10:38:24
Link | Citer | R

Out of curiosity, Eliroo, take this quiz. A lot of us took it a while back to see where we fall on the spectrum. Some of the questions have links to an expanded set of questions.

isidewith.com Political Quiz

Mine

http://www.isidewith.com/elections/2016-presidential/3236429347

Like I've said before, I'm a moderate centrist with very strong independence streaks. Individual freedom of choice and expression is important to me and I dislike anything that would artificially restrict those expressions regardless of it's political origin.

Yet to the leftists here I'm an evil conservative bigot!
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-06-12 10:40:08
Link | Citer | R

How Donald Trump Shifted Kids-Cancer Charity Money Into His Business
Forbes, where the story broke

The reaction:
Eric Trump's charity is being investigated for alleged misuse of funds
AOL

New York attorney general looking at Eric Trump charity's payouts

Looking into a report that Eric Trump funneled over $1 million from his charity to his father's business
More than $1.2 million "has no documented recipients past the Trump Organization," Forbes reported

CNBC

New York AG's office investigating Eric Trump's charity

ABC News
By eliroo 2017-06-12 10:53:50
Link | Citer | R

Does this work?
By eliroo 2017-06-12 10:57:02
Link | Citer | R

These are business expenses associated with raising money for childrens cancer. Do you think throwing fundraisers comes at no cost, or did you just turn off your brain after the headline and the subsequent hit of dopamine from another "Drumpf is done" moment?

I read the forbes article and concluded that, as did they. Did you turn off your brain after the headline and automatically assumed it was "facts I don't like" because it was anti-trump?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-12 11:00:25
Link | Citer | R

Read over it and they are super twisting ***to project an agenda.

Comes down to this, his son started a charity and used his families name and connections to boot strap it. Initially his family's foundation absorbed the lavish expenses Eric used to attract donors with the pitch line that the "Trumps were covering everything". Many years later his father, Donald, finds out how big the costs have escalated to with no receipts or paperwork, kinda necessary for business records, flips out and orders that the proper paperwork immediately be done and the charity billed like anyone else would be. Soon the actual costs of those expenses start to show, it's not that the costs suddenly magically escalated it's that for years Trumps been absorbing them and there was no record of them. They went from 0$ for lavish golf events their actual cost of hundreds of thousands of dollars. Eric neglected to inform the foundations donors about the changing financial situation.

The rest is just targeted character assassination. Trumps evil for directing his sons separate charity be treated like any other business. Trumps evil for having such a large business footprint that ordinary business activity has those companies as customers. So on and so forth.
[+]
By eliroo 2017-06-12 11:11:47
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
And while donors to the Eric Trump Foundation were told their money was going to help sick kids, more than $500,000 was re-donated to other charities, many of which were connected to Trump family members or interests, including at least four groups that subsequently paid to hold golf tournaments at Trump courses.

All of this seems to defy federal tax rules and state laws that ban self-dealing and misleading donors. It also raises larger questions about the Trump family dynamics and whether Eric and his brother, Don Jr., can be truly independent of their father.

Especially since the person who specifically commanded that the for-profit Trump Organization start billing hundreds of thousands of dollars to the nonprofit Eric Trump Foundation, according to two people directly involved, was none other than the current president of the United States, Donald Trump.

That Sort of disagrees with you. Also:

Quote:
But in 2011, things took a turn. Costs for Eric Trump's tournament jumped from $46,000 to $142,000, according to the foundation's IRS filings. Why would the price of the tournament suddenly triple in one year? "In the early years, they weren't being billed [for the club]--the bills would just disappear," says Ian Gillule, who served as membership and marketing director at Trump National Westchester during two stints from 2006 to 2015 and witnessed how Donald Trump reacted to the tournament's economics. "Mr. Trump had a cow. He flipped. He was like, 'We're donating all of this stuff, and there's no paper trail? No credit?' And he went nuts. He said, 'I don't care if it's my son or not--everybody gets billed.' "

From the looks of it, it looks like DJT just started billing for the event because they were donating and there was no payment.

Quote:
But it seems that for the future president, who Forbes estimates is worth $3.5 billion, a freebie to help his son directly fight kids' cancer took a backseat to revenue.

^^^ I agree that statement may be reaching. I think Trump just wanted to make money back.

Anyway some more snippets:

Quote:
It's hard to find an explanation for this cost spike. Remember, all those base costs were supposedly free, according to Eric Trump. The golf course? "Always comped," he says. The merchandise for golfers: "The vast majority of it we got comped." Drinks: "Things like wine we were normally able to get donated." And the evening performances from musicians like Dee Snider of Twisted Sister and comedians like Gilbert Gottfried: "They did it for free." So many sponsors donated, in fact, that the event invitation has carried enough logos to make a Nascar team proud.

Quote:
That's not the case. In reviewing filings from the Eric Trump Foundation and other charities, it's clear that the course wasn't free--that the Trump Organization received payments for its use, part of more than $1.2 million that has no documented recipients past the Trump Organization. Golf charity experts say the listed expenses defy any reasonable cost justification for a one-day golf tournament.

Keep in mind that this is a forbes article not the "failing NY times"
By fonewear 2017-06-12 11:57:41
Link | Citer | R

If I didn't read it. It didn't happen !
[+]
By fonewear 2017-06-12 12:00:07
Link | Citer | R

Since the Trump Organization is private it is hard to tell what they spend money on.
By fonewear 2017-06-12 12:03:11
Link | Citer | R

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 62 63 64 ... 79 80 81