Windower Won't Start! - Windower V4.3 And The Creators Update

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Windower » News » Windower won't start! - Windower v4.3 and the Creators Update
Windower won't start! - Windower v4.3 and the Creators Update
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21
 Odin.Godofgods
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-05-26 17:43:07
Link | Citer | R

had a question about dressup addon; didnt want to make a new thread on it.
With the latest windower version i can no longer load it up on my xp comp. So iv been using 4.2 on there. (which i know is a host of issues in itself) But i was trying a bunch of commands for dressup addon there for a while until i remembered i didnt have that addon on xp comp. I had it on my win7 comp. So i loaded it up on w7 comp. I was just looking to stop blinking. //du blinking all all on (assuming thats the right one) It seemed ok on my w7 comp.

Since the port to update on xp comp is blocked to keep the old version from updating to the new version, i copied the dressup folder from 7 comp and pasted it over in xp comp. Loaded it up and input the same command. But it had very different results.

It turned half my pt into different chocobos 0.o

It also removed the character name form on screen as well as in log.

I was curious if anyone had any idea about this? I knwo xp isnt supported and its an old windower version so im not asking for fixes/changes. Just wondering if its something i over looked or didnt no about; which is quite possible.
By Eboneezer 2017-05-28 22:18:41
Link | Citer | R

Is Windower working properly for everyone now? I'm still having issues where I get the, "Error: luacore - Failed to load plugin - (126) Module not found."

I've deleted the luacore file and the hook and had Windower redownload them but it still doesnt work. I've seen a few people mention similar issues but the conversations seemed to die. Did you guys figure out a solution? Or is it still doing it for everyone?

I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium. I'm hoping it isn't a matter of it not being supported anymore as I've already had to buy one new pc since my other XP computer isn't supported anymore.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Serveur: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2017-05-28 23:54:51
Link | Citer | R

Godofgods,
what is in your xml file for \Dressup\data\settings?

if you want zero blinking across the board then try this:
 Odin.Horu
Serveur: Odin
user: stratusx
By Odin.Horu 2017-05-29 02:05:23
Link | Citer | R

if you need something downloaded for windower, download the developer version, that thing works on a separate file and won't affect your main windower, so just make sure you have the internet active for the developer version, download the file to the developer version, then copy the specific addon folder or lua file from the developer version to the original one.

btw, plz post the chocobo settings on here, i wouldn't mind checking that out sometime myself
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-06-04 20:20:56
Link | Citer | R

Andrew, crop your picture before your post it next time.

Also, re-roll your teamviewer ID and password.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [34 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Stamos
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-07-08 08:41:02
Link | Citer | R

Any news on the FPS drops for clicking off the game? Assume same as the alt tabbing thing.
By wick 2017-07-12 20:46:20
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
Any news on the FPS drops for clicking off the game? Assume same as the alt tabbing thing.

Would also love to know if anyone has a work around for this. Its to do with the new windower right?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2017-07-12 22:04:57
Link | Citer | R

So I can't get ecoli with every bite of Windower?
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [32 days between previous and next post]
 Lakshmi.Taekwonjoe
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Taekwonjoe 2017-08-13 13:51:02
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Rafleshia said: »
Teuphist said: »
Cerberus.Rafleshia said: »
Edit: So I figured out my problem and it is because its reverting back to 0. I had a windowed profile saved at 1280 x 800 that had not reset back to 0 and managed to load my game fine, but I stupidly tried editing it and its now reset to 0 and not working. Go figure... Any ideas how I can stop it from resetting my resolution to 0 x 0?

Edit #2 FIX: So I just had a brainwave! I manually edited the setting file and input the <height> / <width>, as long as I don't try toggling it in the GUI its fine. So if anyone else has this trouble just edit your settings manually.

I'm having this issue though slightly different. Running 1920 x 1080 on my laptop, ffxi config settings are the same. If I load ffxi without windower, the game loads as it should. Upon loading Windower, I notice the resolution settings are at 0x0 and I cannot alter them. I can enter a resolution, but it automatically returns to 0 no matter the following action. If I push forward to load windower, I'll get the "failed to initialize Direct 3D" message. Loading FFXI config again, the resolution is back at 640 x 480, background 512 x 512. I suppose the issue I'm having is not knowing what I'm supposed to to do edit the height/width in the settings file. Can anyone help with this?

In your Windower settings XML find your profile you're using, it should be at the bottom.

Mine for example is,
<profile name="">
<consolekey>Insert</consolekey>
<width>1920</width>
<height>1080</height>
<gamma>0.06086956</gamma>
<uiscale>1.1</uiscale>
<supersampling>2</supersampling>
</profile>

So copy that and edit it to your setting but do not touch the Windower gui because mine would just reset itself back to 0. Hope this helps.

I had this exact same problem and your settings.xml solution fixed it for me! Thanks a million.
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21