Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2017-04-04 07:23:22
Link | Citer | R

Apr. 4, 2017 11:00 to 13:00 (GMT)
Apr. 4, 2017 12:00 to 14:00 (BST)
* The completion time may be subject to change.

When SE Adds the time in British Summer time!

I never thought i would see the day D:
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
Serveur: Bahamut
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2017-04-04 07:26:12
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Tuvae said: »
Did anyone else see the white rabbit hat +1 with TH+1 on it?
Next login campaign probably.
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2017-04-04 07:40:38
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Siviard said: »
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Holy ***, the rings are awful.

Agreed. The only one that even looks remotely decent is the MNK/SAM/NIN/PUP one, and even that is a stretch when there are much better options out there.

The ONLY possible saving grace for these rings is if the set bonus on them + the other pieces is like.....OMFS good.

The rings are more for returning players or gearing up loweffort mules, they're a decent starting point.
I would not be surprised to see the rings upgradeable to +1 or even +2 in the future to stretch out more content 'carrots' for us to chase+grind for.
[+]
By geigei 2017-04-04 07:57:10
Link | Citer | R

^
I'm amazed how people still expect godly equipment from ambuscade which is basically sparks+1 gear.
By fillerbunny9 2017-04-04 08:12:48
Link | Citer | R

The Meghanada set has never been anywhere close to just sparks +1, though. The gloves were always difficult to beat/best in slot for weapon skills by even "perfect" Herculean gear and are easily one of the first items people who play the jobs on it will be upgrading. The legs are also really competitive now to knock down Samnuha Tights a peg or two. Flamma head/hands are strong two hander pieces barring things like AF +2/3 and the extreme expense of HQ abjuration gear. And that's just off the top of my head.

Sure, a lot of ambuscade gear is crap,but expecting a bridge between Omen accessories and what we had immediately prior was far from out of the question.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-04-04 08:24:53
Link | Citer | R

Hmm only can upgrade two pieces to +2, this going to be rough. And it looks like their still missing some sets, so gotta wait on the flamma +2 stuff (actual DD set).
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Excalin
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Excalin
By Quetzalcoatl.Excalin 2017-04-04 08:30:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
Hmm only can upgrade two pieces to +2, this going to be rough. And it looks like their still missing some sets, so gotta wait on the flamma +2 stuff (actual DD set).

If the boss rotation resetting is any indication, got a 6 month wait on second rotation sets.
[+]
 Asura.Selindrile
By Asura.Selindrile 2017-04-04 08:33:50
Link | Citer | R

What really sucks is if you're the sort like i am that really wants to +2 everything, it would take over 2 years if we continue to only get to +2 two things a month, assuming they don't come out with anything new.
[+]
 Asura.Wormfeeder
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2017-04-04 08:35:05
Link | Citer | R

How we get AAMR?
By DanielH 2017-04-04 08:37:42
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Wormfeeder said: »
How we get AAMR?

Same as the others most likely.

Get previous AA.
Talk to the guy in Ru'Lude Gardens.
Defeat AAMR on any difficulty.
[+]
 Asura.Daiiawn
user: daiiawn
By Asura.Daiiawn 2017-04-04 08:43:48
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Alexcennah said: »
Asura.Tuvae said: »
Did anyone else see the white rabbit hat +1 with TH+1 on it?
Next login campaign probably.

The +1 hat with TH on it, is a synergy item which needs 2 nq hats to make. My best guess is the nq hat will come from easter event
By geigei 2017-04-04 08:48:40
Link | Citer | R

fillerbunny9 said: »
The Meghanada set has never been anywhere close to just sparks +1, though. The gloves were always difficult to beat/best in slot for weapon skills by even "perfect" Herculean gear and are easily one of the first items people who play the jobs on it will be upgrading. The legs are also really competitive now to knock down Samnuha Tights a peg or two. Flamma head/hands are strong two hander pieces barring things like AF +2/3 and the extreme expense of HQ abjuration gear. And that's just off the top of my head.

Sure, a lot of ambuscade gear is crap,but expecting a bridge between Omen accessories and what we had immediately prior was far from out of the question.

I'm refering to content difficulty, anyone can do it.
 Asura.Wormfeeder
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2017-04-04 09:12:18
Link | Citer | R

DanielH said: »
How we get AAMR?

Get previous AA.

Got it. had to rezone after talking to Jamal then go back and talk to him again.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-04-04 09:27:47
Link | Citer | R

Agreed. Outside of a few good adhemar pieces, megh set is really competitive for Ranged DD as well, and gives a chomping bit of acc/att/pdt to the mix. Flamma +1 head/feet was very good. Sulevia hands were already very good. The upgrades just make them more valuable. Just looking at those wsd7 str50 mnk/sam/pup/nin legs is WOW.

Ambuscade gear is much better than people give it credit for. Its becoming more competitive, and it's pretty much making me want to stop augmenting valorous gear.
[+]
By Vijara 2017-04-04 09:33:14
Link | Citer | R

How we get AAMR?

Get previous AA.

Yeah, you might need to talk to him once, zone, and then talk to him again to flag the quest in RoE.

Asura.Daiiawn said: »
The +1 hat with TH on it, is a synergy item which needs 2 nq hats to make. My best guess is the nq hat will come from easter event

I think the NQ mask will more likely be the login campaign's 500 point item this month.
 Ragnarok.Fabiano
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: fabiano
By Ragnarok.Fabiano 2017-04-04 09:48:41
Link | Citer | R

sooo . does AAMR has TH ?
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Serveur: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2017-04-04 09:57:58
Link | Citer | R

Vijara said: »
How we get AAMR?

Get previous AA.

Yeah, you might need to talk to him once, zone, and then talk to him again to flag the quest in RoE.

If you talked to him after getting EV, then you do not need to zone. That being said, talk to him again after you get MR and you won't have to zone next time.
By fillerbunny9 2017-04-04 10:17:47
Link | Citer | R

geigei said: »

I'm refering to content difficulty, anyone can do it.

yeah, and most of our accessories pre-omen these days are equally mindlessly simple. hell, Epona's Ring is still very relevant, and that's Abyssea era.

a lot of Ring/Neck slots are only "difficult" to obtain in that there might be more than one attempt needed to get a drop. a lot of stuff just comes from the auction house (avatarite rings, Chirich, Stikini, etc) but Ambuscade's offerings do not even seem to be competitive with NQs there. Ambuscade's primary function for new players is to give them gear that will allow them to complete current content, while simultaneously offering nuggets for experienced players to glean through capes and generally a functional piece or two of equipment. these rings are good for neither new or experienced players, as the points spent towards them would be better converted into gil and used for far superior AH options.

again, I do not think it was out of the question for SE to make something halfway decent from rings considering that immediately prior to Omen, Rajas Ring was almost as relevant as when it was originally introduced.
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-04-04 10:18:59
Link | Citer | R

Its pretty clear from Omen (4~ months for a full +3 set) and now this update that will take 2 1/2 months to +2 an ambuscade set, that SE wants people to really have 1 "main" job.

I don't think this is a terrible thing, but yes it is hard to be a jack-of-all now and have the best on everything. I think the best way if you play all jobs is just pick and choose, which tbh will not be hard because if an ambuscade gear was crap before update, it probably is crap after too! There are maybe 10~ pieces I have counted really worth upgrading asap, that means 5 months of work, not really bad if you look at most ppl spending that much time in omen for 5 pieces.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2017-04-04 10:52:56
Link | Citer | R

it's not worth it to fully +3 a set for most jobs though. just like Ambuscade, you're doing one piece here, another piece there; mixing and matching is as strong as it ever was, and our pained inventories show it since there is a market for Wardrobes 3 & 4. having only one "main" with a playerbase that continues to diminish won't do anyone any favors and has been mildly interesting to watch play out through the introduction of the various Ambuscade sets. they always have a "gimmick" but they're designed to be a bit more all encompassing for the jobs on them. coupled with the random augments chipper that is Oseem and how many multiples of various pieces a lot of people have as well as abjuration gear, the amount of "workable" gear diversity is a very deep pool to wade into. I find the more limiting factor than anything else is finding the time to grind out the CP to make the most of Gifts etc. while still chasing the shinies offered each month and balancing other pursuits.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-04-04 10:57:02
Link | Citer | R

The only thing that I see as clear is this - immediate payoffs are given via a RNG. Concrete benefits are a grind.
 Asura.Xenomorph
By Asura.Xenomorph 2017-04-04 11:00:25
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Xenomorph said: »
Inyanga set bonus "Enhances refresh" looks interesting. +1 per piece sounds too good to be true though. Sure would be nice to dodge DM augments for refresh lol

Is it too good to be true though?

Currently, on RDM for example, it's possible to get, on just two, easy to obtain pieces:

+2 Relic Head = 2 Refresh
+3 Jhakri Body = 4 Refresh

Which is the equivalent of +1 for each piece of Inyanga gear including Ring.

I'd argue +1 is the minimum you should get per piece.

Yea I didn't mean to claim that it's too good to be true, Just seems like it because how awesome that set bonus looks (whm in mind). +1 per piece minimum sounds about right.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-04-04 11:07:53
Link | Citer | R

Meghanada Set +2:

haste 18
pdt 26
attt/ratt 220
acc/racc 240
dex 162
agi 187

That's a pretty amazing set for "sparks +1" content. This is likely the only set I'd be willing to full +2. Makes it really hard to beat as a shooting set with Augmented Herculean, for virtually no cost. It also boasts some insane amounts of pdt on the full set, specifically the body. The combination of stats are impressive across the board.

So for shooters, hybrid sets, or just overall starter high acc sets, this thing is lovely.
By Boshi 2017-04-04 11:20:26
Link | Citer | R

Inyanga set bonus "Enhances refresh" looks interesting. +1 per piece sounds too good to be true though. Sure would be nice to dodge DM augments for refresh lol

Is it too good to be true though?

Currently, on RDM for example, it's possible to get, on just two, easy to obtain pieces:

+2 Relic Head = 2 Refresh
+3 Jhakri Body = 4 Refresh

Which is the equivalent of +1 for each piece of Inyanga gear including Ring.

I'd argue +1 is the minimum you should get per piece.

Yea I didn't mean to claim that it's too good to be true, Just seems like it because how awesome that set bonus looks (whm in mind). +1 per piece minimum sounds about right.

I think what the real value here is that the set that's best for magic defensive idle is now getting refresh also
[+]
By Aralays 2017-04-04 12:03:20
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Fabiano said: »
sooo . does AAMR has TH ?
Yes.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-04-04 12:04:32
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Siviard said: »
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Holy ***, the rings are awful.

Agreed. The only one that even looks remotely decent is the MNK/SAM/NIN/PUP one, and even that is a stretch when there are much better options out there.

The ONLY possible saving grace for these rings is if the set bonus on them + the other pieces is like.....OMFS good.
The only one I'd point to as "not terrible" is Inyanga Ring. Highest meva in slot, and some amount of refresh through set bonus is nice. The rest are easily replaced and/or not terribly relevant to begin with. Passable stepping stone options maybe (and really only Hizamaru Ring in that regard, as a sort of sidegrade to Chirich Ring), but even then I don't know that I'd waste the points.
[+]
 Odin.Umopepisdn
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Umopepisdn 2017-04-04 12:08:57
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Azagarth said: »
Its pretty clear from Omen (4~ months for a full +3 set) and now this update that will take 2 1/2 months to +2 an ambuscade set, that SE wants people to really have 1 "main" job.

I don't think this is a terrible thing, but yes it is hard to be a jack-of-all now and have the best on everything. I think the best way if you play all jobs is just pick and choose, which tbh will not be hard because if an ambuscade gear was crap before update, it probably is crap after too! There are maybe 10~ pieces I have counted really worth upgrading asap, that means 5 months of work, not really bad if you look at most ppl spending that much time in omen for 5 pieces.

I think its more of their way of stretching the life of the content, less caring about how many jobs we play.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Serveur: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2017-04-04 12:57:09
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Sandraa said: »
That is why im a bit pissed 2 years for upgrade sparks +1 armor is hilarous. I think this is how they should handle the ambuscade +2 pieces without kill the end game gear progression

Using Sulevia set for this example

Each piece, should be agument exactly as ambuscade cape with less potency of course

1.- +5 Stats = Abdhaljs Thread x10
2.- +5 Acu/Attack = Abdhaljs Dust x10
3.- +3 DA or 3 Store-TP or 3% WSD etc = Abdhaljs Sap x5
4.- +5 Stat ONLY = Abdhaljs Dye x5
5.- Ambuscade ring can be augment with Half of potency of an ambuscade cape = 10 Stat, 10 attack/accuracy, +5 Double attack.

In this way we can customice our gear and make the ambuscade sets +2 interesing

If they did this, the gear could not stored on porter moogles. I hate this idea with every fiber of my being.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-04-04 13:01:59
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Umopepisdn said: »
Asura.Azagarth said: »

I think its more of their way of stretching the life of the content, less caring about how many jobs we play.

Remember when FFXI was supposed to end over a year ago and content was to cease? God, what a time to be alive.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8