High End Sets Advice/Suggestions/Ideas/LUA
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 53 54 55
 Asura.Fiasko
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Fiasko 2018-08-17 21:38:35
Link | Citer | R

aigulfe said: »
It usually depends on how much MAB you're stacking but the rule of thumb is 1 WSD = 3~4 MAB. Personally I think its closer to 3. So not surprised Carmine is ahead of AF. the MAB vs WSD is close but carmine has Macc. I havent played much DRK in dynamis but I did try to get a magic WS set together. It wasnt amazing lol. But I am a COR and my COR tears dyna to shreds. If you have carmine +1 hands, im certain they'd beat rati +1 hands.

The Relic +3 has 60 MAB and should beat out both the AF and the Carmine +1.
By aigulfe 2018-08-18 02:08:23
Link | Citer | R

yeah good call relic body n hands would be easy winners.
By aigulfe 2018-08-18 02:12:44
Link | Citer | R

Was at work when I replied initially but founders feet if perfect are also a strong option. Legs I was using eschite cuisses with +25 MAB aug path.. but I think AF+3 legs might beat them out. I dont have relic body done yet (never got Sandy clear on DRK.. we had an accident lol) but i can do better than founders there
 Asura.Arnan
user: amadis
By Asura.Arnan 2018-08-18 02:53:15
Link | Citer | R

sets.WS.MABWS = {
ammo="Pemphredo Tathlum",
head="Jumalik Helm",
neck="Sanctity Necklace",
ear1="Friomisi Earring",
ear2="Crematio Earring",
body="Fall. Cuirass +3",
hands="Fall. Fin. Gaunt. +3",
ring1="Shiva Ring +1",
ring2="Shiva Ring +1",
back=WSDMantle,
waist="Eschan Stone",
legs="Eschite Cuisses",
feet="Founder's Greaves"}
 Shiva.Zerkles
Serveur: Shiva
user: zerkles
By Shiva.Zerkles 2018-08-18 10:20:20
Link | Citer | R

Just wondering how usable these would be.

Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2018-08-18 10:24:58
Link | Citer | R

+3 AF legs are much better. If its the STP you need from the leg spot then Valorous with a +3DA augment and acc would be better than them as well (fairly easy to get +20acc/3da on val. legs imo)
 Asura.Pilipinoboi
By Asura.Pilipinoboi 2018-08-29 12:02:24
Link | Citer | R

Hello everyone!

Typically before posting, I do my due diligence to research and figure things out on my own as I've been a career DRK since NA release in 2003.

However, this time I'm looking for some help since I can't seem to get ffxi calculator to work anymore and I truly haven't played with my Caladbolg since 2011 during the Abyssea days.

I recently was able to AG my Caladbolg after such a long time and was wondering on TP sets some of you use. We all know it can't be the same general fodder TP set etc as this weapon needs more STP.

Unfortunately the forums here have outdated sets so I've tried to build off on my own and currently push it as a 6-hit 0-100 based on my initial testings with the set. Any improvements or suggestions are welcome.

Current set is as follows;

Caladbolg
Utu Grip
Ginsen
Flamma Zuchetto +2
Lissome Necklace OR Ainia Collar depending on acc
Cessance Earring
Telos Earring
Valorous Mail with 36 Acc, 31 Atk, STP+3 Augments
Flamma Manopolas +2
Chirich Ring +1
Niqmaddu Ring
Ankou's with 30 Dex, 20acc/att, Dbl. Atk 10, occ. Resist ailments 10
Ioskeha belt +1
Ignominy Flanchard +3
Flamma Gambieras +2

Now I know I can swap cessance with dedition or possibly put in a STP augment ankou's instead. Doing a chirich+1/Petrov combo to stack more STP is another option but obviously I don't want to lose out on DPS while AM is up to lose QA/DA.

Any suggestions are welcome and I look forward to reading them.

Thanks in advance!!
By volkom 2018-08-31 09:26:49
Link | Citer | R

i like it :o
you could go for better augments on valorous mail (maybe more stp or DA/TA/QA). Depending on that, may give you more accessory options.
 Shiva.Zerkles
By Shiva.Zerkles 2018-09-05 10:54:50
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Pilipinoboi said: »
Hello everyone!

Typically before posting, I do my due diligence to research and figure things out on my own as I've been a career DRK since NA release in 2003.

However, this time I'm looking for some help since I can't seem to get ffxi calculator to work anymore and I truly haven't played with my Caladbolg since 2011 during the Abyssea days.

I recently was able to AG my Caladbolg after such a long time and was wondering on TP sets some of you use. We all know it can't be the same general fodder TP set etc as this weapon needs more STP.

Unfortunately the forums here have outdated sets so I've tried to build off on my own and currently push it as a 6-hit 0-100 based on my initial testings with the set. Any improvements or suggestions are welcome.

Current set is as follows;

Now I know I can swap cessance with dedition or possibly put in a STP augment ankou's instead. Doing a chirich+1/Petrov combo to stack more STP is another option but obviously I don't want to lose out on DPS while AM is up to lose QA/DA.

Any suggestions are welcome and I look forward to reading them.

Thanks in advance!!

This is a 5 hit build (Disregard the Set Name below) im playing with until i upgrade my AF legs to +3 tonight and swap over to a 6 hit multi hit build. This gives me exactly 1000 tp after WS + 4 hits.

ItemSet 361132

Body: 27 ACC, 8 STP
Legs: 14 ACC, 7 STP
Back: DEX/ACC30/ATK/DBL ATK/PDT

**EDIT**

Here is the multi attack focused 6 hit Im going to be playing around with, its also 2 TP over the 6 hit, so you have flexiblity with some slots. Look forward to others weighing in these 2 sets.

ItemSet 361133

Body: 28 ACC, 5 DBL ATK, 2 DEX, 4 ATK

**EDIT2**

Finished it off with a Hybrid that maintains 6 hit in exchange for a bit less Multi hit. This hits 50% PDT.

ItemSet 361134

Body: 27 ACC, 8 STP
 Shiva.Humpo
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2018-09-06 09:49:17
Link | Citer | R

You already have a calad.. before me? That makes me sad!

I think you might be a little overkill in your hybrid set. That or you need to call it your full DT set. 30%-ish for hybrid, hit the cap in full DT set. Hybrid if your concern is AoE and you are not tanking. Full DT if you are tanking.

iirc, mine is sulv body/hands 10% PDT cape and d.ring, rest is mostly the same as my TP set. If i wasn't so cheap, I'd probably use moonlight instead of d.ring even. Only thing on yours I'd probably do is NOT swap out the earring/ammo/neck and maybe 1 of the rings.
 Asura.Sirtaint
user: Taint
By Asura.Sirtaint 2018-09-06 10:24:46
Link | Citer | R

Just starting to gear DRK again. Anyone use a meva set? It’s one of the reasons I’ve been favoring SAM for DPS.

Reducing enfeebles esp in Dynamis has huge dps benefits.
 Shiva.Zerkles
By Shiva.Zerkles 2018-09-06 11:19:12
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Humpo said: »
You already have a calad.. before me? That makes me sad!

I think you might be a little overkill in your hybrid set. That or you need to call it your full DT set. 30%-ish for hybrid, hit the cap in full DT set. Hybrid if your concern is AoE and you are not tanking. Full DT if you are tanking.

iirc, mine is sulv body/hands 10% PDT cape and d.ring, rest is mostly the same as my TP set. If i wasn't so cheap, I'd probably use moonlight instead of d.ring even. Only thing on yours I'd probably do is NOT swap out the earring/ammo/neck and maybe 1 of the rings.

Yeah I understand as much, but i do most things lowman/solo5box, so i end up tanking anyway. I understand the rationale behind using less DT in a hybrid set for sure, but as i'm able to maintain my x-hit and trade in a bit of multi hit to cap PDT anyway, its alot less strain should i not be paying attention to that character for whatever reason, and in general less of an MP sponge for WHM.

I would defenitly approach it your way if I were in a group setting where we can melee...which these days seems to be limited to only Ambuscade for me, anyway. lol
 Shiva.Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2018-09-06 14:17:02
Link | Citer | R

Ahh. so basically its just semantics on what we call things. Only real difference is the outright number of gearsets we choose to have and my number being probably to damn high for 1 job.

Granted I should probably log on more often to see what is up exactly, but it sounds like you are not to far off of playing how I normally do. In which case I'd recommend getting an Apoc. Sure, its damage is pretty sub-par compared to others, but the drain on cata is sexy as hell and actually goes a long way for whm trusts when solo.
 Shiva.Applesmash
user: Hyriu
By Shiva.Applesmash 2018-09-06 17:47:20
Link | Citer | R

He already has an AG Apoc too
 Shiva.Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2018-09-06 18:40:04
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Applesmash said: »
He already has an AG Apoc too

....i really need to log in more often. Seemed like just yesterday i mailed him my reatic scythe
 Bismarck.Mitchel
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Mitchel 2018-09-21 04:50:42
Link | Citer | R

Until it's fixed, what are the best WSD trade offs in Resolution set? Knobkierrie, Ishvara, DA cape to WSD cape, Sulev. leggings +2? AF legs still over Relic legs?
By Nariont 2018-10-06 07:42:33
Link | Citer | R

Starting to gear up drk and looking through more niche sets, does founders body or any of the set have a place given that killer effects are halved on nms?
 Leviathan.Sidra
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-10-06 11:07:20
Link | Citer | R

I'd have to I'm going to assume this answer is yes. On DRG I pop ancient circle and lock founders body when Kirin transitions to Kouryu and the damage increase is substantial. And DRK have the benefit of their killer working on all of the Omen bosses.
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2018-10-15 23:47:31
Link | Citer | R

Hey obviously I have been away for awhile. If you would like to post updated sets I will gladly update the sets there. With so much new things out I am probably not the wisest to ask as my knowledge is a yr old already haha.
[+]
By Fendarin007 2018-10-16 01:42:45
Link | Citer | R

We azagarth
By volkom 2018-10-16 09:15:01
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Sidra said: »
I'd have to I'm going to assume this answer is yes. On DRG I pop ancient circle and lock founders body when Kirin transitions to Kouryu and the damage increase is substantial. And DRK have the benefit of their killer working on all of the Omen bosses.

if acc is capped this could be nice for ws but I probably wouldn't want this on for tping ~
 Odin.Archaide
Serveur: Odin
user: Archaide
By Odin.Archaide 2018-10-20 20:14:58
Link | Citer | R

Here's my sets for Liberator TP and WS. All /checkparam was done in Moghouse. I'm sure there are places I can improve, buts its currently what I use. Still need to tweak a couple little things but this will be what they end up like. Also posted my LUA and any advice would be great.

My DRK LUA

ItemSet 362333
ACC - 1208
STP - 31
DA - 49
TA - 7
QA - 5
Body - ACC 29/ATTK 11/DA 5
Back - DEX 20, ACC 30/ATTK 20, DA 10, -DT 5

ItemSet 362334
ACC - 1251
STP - 42
DA - 35
TA - 11
QA - 3

ItemSet 362335
ACC - 1309
STP - 42
DA - 48
TA - 5
QA - 0

ItemSet 362337
ACC - 1248
STP - 72 (87 with /sam)
DA - 23
TA - 5
QA - 3
Crit% - 12
Body - STR 7, ACC 36/ATTK 24, STP 6
Legs - STR 9, ACC 20/ATTK 17, STP 7
Back - DEX 20, ACC 30/ATTK 20, STP 10, -DT 5

ItemSet 362339
STR - 377
INT - 204
ACC - 1198
STP - 7
WSD - 72 w/Fotia Belt
Back - STR 30, ACC 20/ATTK 20, WSD 10

ItemSet 362348
INT - 262
ACC - 1168
WSD - 82 w/Fotia Neck/Belt
Back - INT 30, ACC 20/ATTK 20, WSD 10
 Sylph.Cherche
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2018-10-20 22:39:00
Link | Citer | R

Fotia pieces have bad descriptions for what they do. They're actually fTP+0.1 per pieces, instead of actually being WSDMG.
 Asura.Arnan
By Asura.Arnan 2018-10-21 03:36:25
Link | Citer | R

Why do most of the liberator AM3 sets posted on the last few pages use so much double attack? you all realise its decreasing your chances of a triple attack (OA3) from AM3 right?
More store TP will add more TP bonus, Insurgency scales well with TP as does most scythe WS so extra STP is always good even if it takes you over your hit build
[+]
 Odin.Archaide
By Odin.Archaide 2018-10-21 05:16:44
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Cherche said: »
Fotia pieces have bad descriptions for what they do. They're actually fTP+0.1 per pieces, instead of actually being WSDMG.

That’s why I stated w/Fotia neck or belt in the calculation.

Asura.Arnan said: »
Why do most of the liberator AM3 sets posted on the last few pages use so much double attack? you all realise its decreasing your chances of a triple attack (OA3) from AM3 right?
More store TP will add more TP bonus, Insurgency scales well with TP as does most scythe WS so extra STP is always good even if it takes you over your hit build

The low/mid/high acc sets are for when AM3 is down and the AM3 set up s for when it’s up. I guess I could try something other than Ioskeha belt.
 Asura.Sirtaint
user: Taint
By Asura.Sirtaint 2018-10-21 05:52:14
Link | Citer | R

Relic Legs+3 always better than Ratri+1?

Fall. Flanchard +3
DEF:150 HP+97 MP+45 STR+45 VIT+31 AGI+26 INT+40 MND+27 CHR+20 Accuracy+39 Attack+64 Magic Accuracy+39 Evasion+42 Magic Evasion+84 "Magic Def. Bonus"+10 Dark magic skill +18 Weapon skill damage +10% Haste+5%
LV 99 DRK

Ratri Cuisses +1
DEF:148 HP+521 STR+52 VIT+21 AGI+19 INT+37 MND+19 CHR+15 Magic Accuracy+46 Evasion+59 Magic Evasion+139 Scythe skill +55 Haste+5% "Store TP"+10 Weapon skill damage +9% Damage taken +12%
LV 99 DRK

Maybe its too close to matter, but that stp10 with a high scaling WS like Insurgency seems like it would pull them ahead.
 Asura.Yso
By Asura.Yso 2018-10-21 06:01:52
Link | Citer | R

Thought triple attack was rolled before double attacks?
 Odin.Archaide
By Odin.Archaide 2018-10-21 06:21:22
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yso said: »

Thought triple attack was rolled before double attacks?

I think it goes QA> TA> DA> AM TA> AM DA
 Asura.Arnan
By Asura.Arnan 2018-10-21 06:30:50
Link | Citer | R

Personally I only use 1% DA (Telos) and I could even drop that with minimal loss. Mythic AM3 gives 20% OA3 and 40% OA2, your reducing that with every QA/TA/DA you add. QA/TA are still good regardless but your decreasing the chances of that 20% OA3 a lot by having 23% DA. I'm not saying your set is wrong, its very good but I just wanted to point out the fact since I have seen a few sets in the 2 DRK forums for AM3 with a lot of DA

This is what i use
ItemSet 360044
1198 base acc
7 STP and 25 acc on feet, STP on cape
can switch to windbuffet +1 also when you have LR and capped haste
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-10-21 07:36:12
Link | Citer | R

You're not hurting yourself by having +DA with AM3- you just aren't gaining a ton either.
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 53 54 55