High End Sets Advice/Suggestions/Ideas/LUA
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 53 54 55
 Leviathan.Vedder
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Vedder 2018-01-29 15:20:43
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Fendarin said: »
Ok that’s a relief thought I was stacking to much I do miss the odd torc that Screw up my avg I might try the af3 hands for extra acc see how that holds up
My torc set only has 1032 acc I think I’m miss to much tbh I might have to drop some wsd out for af3 hands
That seems a little low imo, add in food and the +100 wsacc bonus and you're at 1232 plus w/e acc buffs you're running. I would parse it out to be sure though. Also just remember the 95% acc cap and that you'll "feel" those torcs missing more then say a reso
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2018-01-29 15:25:46
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Trauma said: »
Hey guys, just returning to FFXI from a 6+ year hiatus. Finished my Apoc before I left but never got around to fully upgrading it. That's going to be my main goal moving ahead.

I'm just curious if anyone can point me towards some up-to-date DRK gear sets that revolve around Apocalypse. I remember having a ton but I lost all my old scripts and don't remember much of what I used. I know I had a STP build for 5 hitting, but I hear you're able to 4 hit now. So many gear changes to wrap my head around. xD

Anyway, any help is greatly appreciated!
Look through the past few pages here and collect odyssean/Valorous/sulevia+2/flamma+2 pieces then work on the relic+3 set and ratri set pieces. There's stop gaps all over the place but by primarily focusing on those you can leap over a few with some friends to help, if not come on over to levi server, always willing to help push the drk game forward when I'm on lol
 Shiva.Fendarin
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Fendarin 2018-01-29 18:32:28
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Vedder said: »
Ok that’s a relief thought I was stacking to much I do miss the odd torc that Screw up my avg I might try the af3 hands for extra acc see how that holds up
My torc set only has 1032 acc I think I’m miss to much tbh I might have to drop some wsd out for af3 hands
That seems a little low imo, add in food and the +100 wsacc bonus and you're at 1232 plus w/e acc buffs you're running. I would parse it out to be sure though. Also just remember the 95% acc cap and that you'll "feel" those torcs missing more then say a reso
Guess I need better acc augs
This is what I use for torc
ItemSet 352854
Torc - Acc 1139 vit 219 WSD 50% gear: Ody Mask dex 6 acc 29 WSD 4% Ody Hands vit 9 acc 16 att 12 WSD 3% Ody Legs Acc/Att 20 PHY DAMAGE TAKEN - 4% WSD 5% Back vit 30 acc/att20 WSD 10%
Endark and neck/wait will take me past 1160 without food etc but still seems like I miss a little to much
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2018-01-30 00:10:56
Link | Citer | R

I have found that unless I'm getting an actual acc buff that 1350 by myself is what I've needed to properly melee omen cats as an example. If you don't have a parser or someone that can parse your performance acc wise your basically going off feel rather then logic. 95% is our cap sometimes you'll average out as having bit more others less, one hit ws's are just like that, ask most sam's.

I don't have a rag, I use monte+1 or Zulf depending on just how much acc I'm needing. Ill post my tp an ws sets in just a few. My augments might be slightly stronger but I'm pretty sure I'm still right around where you are though I believe

Edit: yea slightly stronger Augs in that I've got 10-15 vit 3-4 wsdmg in ea slot now but only slightly higher accin them. I would imagine you still have higher acc then me given you're using rag. Ill see if my friend will run some parses for me and see if i can bail down some numbers for sure.

Still an an advocate of parsing only way to know or not
 Shiva.Fendarin
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Fendarin 2018-02-13 11:06:40
Link | Citer | R

Hi guys me again ;) I have had the Cala ag mats for a while now I just unsure weather it’s worth taking it too 119 ag. I can’t find much info on whether it’s anygood or not bth and I don’t know anyone who has it. I have a nq Algol and rag ag atm. Is the +1 Algol better than Cala? Worth making or not I’m in dilemma lol I asked on the Cala ag forum and some said get the hq Algol instead but I can’t find any testing on the +1 versions to back that up. Hope someone can help ty all
 Ragnarok.Camlann
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Camlann 2018-02-13 12:11:56
Link | Citer | R

Hi guys me again ;) I have had the Cala ag mats for a while now I just unsure weather it’s worth taking it too 119 ag. I can’t find much info on whether it’s anygood or not bth and I don’t know anyone who has it. I have a nq Algol and rag ag atm. Is the +1 Algol better than Cala? Worth making or not I’m in dilemma lol I asked on the Cala ag forum and some said get the hq Algol instead but I can’t find any testing on the +1 versions to back that up. Hope someone can help ty all

See the other thread.
 Fenrir.Pertalee
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Pertalee 2018-02-13 14:19:54
Link | Citer | R

Make Calad.
[+]
 Fenrir.Soothsayer
user: Darcc
By Fenrir.Soothsayer 2018-02-13 15:24:21
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Pertalee said: »
Make Calad.
+1
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-02-13 15:24:51
Link | Citer | R

HQ Algol is going to serve 2 jobs over calad serving 1. Although calad is very good. Usability of Algol isn't to be overlooked.
 Ragnarok.Camlann
By Ragnarok.Camlann 2018-02-14 01:56:00
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Soothsayer said: »
Make Calad.
+1

Arguments for Calad? Arguments against RA+1? Please, enlighten. :)
 Fenrir.Pertalee
By Fenrir.Pertalee 2018-02-14 13:14:09
Link | Citer | R

Oh there is no argument. Red & Black > everything. Also its from the Auction? Talk about not cool bro! (But I have no issues with it from a DPS perspective)
 Sylph.Darkside
Serveur: Sylph
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2018-02-14 14:07:45
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Camlann said: »
Fenrir.Soothsayer said: »
Make Calad.
+1

Arguments for Calad? Arguments against RA+1? Please, enlighten. :)
Haven't ever heard anyone who has made Calad, complain that they did. Enough reason for me to build it if I had the mats/quests done.
If your unsure still than hold on to it and do something else. You already have RA+1 and AG Rag and a Master WAR. I highly doubt you will get more dps with Calad Torc Spam vs Reso Spam with RA+1/AG Rag. So depends on what you are looking to do. But at the end of the day it's your gil/items and your decision. If I were you I would just do it. I think Torc looks cool as ***and the aftermath on it is fantastic. That's my 2 cents.
 Fenrir.Pertalee
By Fenrir.Pertalee 2018-02-14 14:18:16
Link | Citer | R

He actually has a +1 of the GS? In that case, I would not make Calad unless you are a career DRK.
 Ragnarok.Camlann
By Ragnarok.Camlann 2018-02-14 14:30:24
Link | Citer | R

I've mainly used Torc with my RA+1, CPing DRK. I alternate to Apoc to Entropy, swap back to RA+1. Had a great time doing this on Apex Bat in Outer Ra'kaznar.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [32 days between previous and next post]
 Lakshmi.Odude
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: tdh004
By Lakshmi.Odude 2018-03-18 10:06:02
Link | Citer | R

Has anybody weighed in on the Relic +3 legs as of yet? With the WSD+10% does that make it worth the grind or gil for Torcleaver?
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-03-18 10:10:04
Link | Citer | R

I mean there isn't much to say lol- they're good
[+]
 Bahamut.Witchbane
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Witchbane
By Bahamut.Witchbane 2018-03-22 22:19:24
Link | Citer | R

On the subject of Torcleaver:
Are fotia belt and fotia gorget really BiS for Torcleaver?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [42 days between previous and next post]
By Chipples 2018-05-04 01:30:24
Link | Citer | R

Looking at making this just my TP set for anguta, any input
Most content i am doing is 130+
[+]
Serveur: Asura
user: Anjou
By Asura.Zarduhasselfrau 2018-05-12 13:43:40
Link | Citer | R

Does anyone have updated apoc sets? Are the ones on the first page still valid?
 Cerberus.Tacothecat
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Tacothecat 2018-05-12 19:02:33
Link | Citer | R

no, those don't look updated

for any tp build with 2hd weapon you need to decide what you would like to do with your build. determine if you want to add in weapon skill as part of your tp calculations, which is what a few drk have said in the forums. so your tp build would be like this

tp from lowest tp return ws, most the time people go off of cata or torc

then you take 1000 tp and subtract whatever you got in your ws return, so if you had 174% tp return you go 1000-174 and your tp phase will need to meet 826% in "x" amount of hits. aka "xhit"

826 divided by 4 = 206.25, means you need enough store tp to get 207% tp per hit. otherwise you can go for 276% tp per hit (80 store tp in gear and /sam), but then it takes away so many slots you end up losing out on multi attack gear.

apoc has a 513 delay
at 513 delay and /sam you get a base of 163% tp per hit

to need 207% tp per hit (based off only 8 store tp in cata)
you only need 31 store tp in gear, rest of the slots you can stack up with multi attack.
tp overflow isn't a bad thing either, i think I saw a while back people talking about getting 1750% tp for some weapon skills like reso and cross reaper, so you can add in a little more store tp to get to that number in less hits

i like to play around with my sets go out and solo apex crabs and see what gives me the best outcome. since i almost only use apoc for utility i only aim for the 1000% tp in my sets although you could add in an apoc dps build if you wanted that way you reach 1750% tp in less rounds
[+]
 Bismarck.Darksire
Serveur: Bismarck
user: abcstore
By Bismarck.Darksire 2018-05-16 16:32:36
Link | Citer | R

Any Relic +2 +3 pieces worth making? I made the legs+2 for Torq so far for the ws% The pieces don't have any flashy multi hit but they all have high attack.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-05-16 17:07:20
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tacothecat said: »
then you take 1000 tp and subtract whatever you got in your ws return, so if you had 174% tp return you go 1000-174 and your tp phase will need to meet 826% in "x" amount of hits. aka "xhit"

That's not how x-hits' work, the WS counts as the first hit. A 5-hit would be WS + 4 to reach 1000.

So if you got 174% from WS and still needed 826, you would need 826/4 = 206.5, 207 TP per hit. If your wielding a 513 base delay weapon you have a 142 TP per hit base. 207/142 = 1.457, 46 Store TP. /SAM gives you 15 Store TP both in WS and in TP and you can just go from there.

Now about WS speed, this is a bit different. WS's are 2s delay and haste cap is a 20% delay with 60 delay being one second.
513 * .2 = 102.6 delay, 102.6/60 = 1.71 seconds per attack round.

2 + (1.72 * 4) = 8.84 seconds in between WS's.

Now what about a four hit, since the 5-hit only needed 46 Store TP a four hit is withing reach.

826/3 = 276 per swing for 95 Store TP needed. That's a lot of store TP but the result is.
2 + (1.72 * 3) = 7.16 So a ~23% increase in WS speed.

Now multi-attack exists and generally Store TP is traded off for MA with 1 DA being slightly stronger then 1 Store TP, 1 TA = 2 DA, 1 QA = 3 DA, as a general rule.

So if we had a 60% average MA attack rate or 1.6 attack per round it looks like this.

2 + (1.72 * (4/1.6)) = 6.3s

And if we had to go down to a 20% average MA attack rate to make the 4-hit, it would be.

2 + (1.72 * (3/1.2)) = 6.3s

But since you'd be dealing less melee damage, the actual DPS would be less.

That is the relationship between MA and Store TP, and really good DD's will spend a lot of time fine tuning their sets to reach the fastest WS speed. Also remember that Samurai's Roll brings you one level up, so a 5-hit becomes a 4-hit and a 4-hit becomes a 3-hit (near perfect roll).
[+]
 Cerberus.Tacothecat
By Cerberus.Tacothecat 2018-05-17 18:49:39
Link | Citer | R

relic hands are worth upgeading, outside those and legs, use your money on something else.

seavel, i dont know what you are talking about when you say that isn't how xhit works and then you go through and reinvent the wheel saying the same thing I just said about xhit.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-05-17 19:18:21
Link | Citer | R

seavel, i dont know what you are talking about when you say that isn't how xhit works and then you go through and reinvent the wheel saying the same thing I just said about xhit.

You were using a 4-hit to mean WS +4, which is wrong.

If you would of read you would of noticed that.
 Cerberus.Tacothecat
By Cerberus.Tacothecat 2018-05-17 19:41:06
Link | Citer | R

who cares what it is called, the outcome is the same, in my eyes you are wrong in your eyes I am wrong. nobody really worries about the name, just the information
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-05-17 22:00:18
Link | Citer | R

who cares what it is called, the outcome is the same, in my eyes you are wrong in your eyes I am wrong. nobody really worries about the name, just the information

There is actually a standard made back in 2004 or so. The WS is the first hit because you need to go WS -> TP -> WS. SAM's did this back when they were doing 6-step with Hagun's and /DRG silliness.

Get all emo you want, this is the DRK forums after all, yet standard is important when people are discussing sets so no confusion.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-05-17 23:14:11
Link | Citer | R

Got to agree with Saevel most of the player base xHit = (WS + Hits) but then once in a blue people like yourself will come along and separate the WS from the Hits after and then it just confuses the *** out of people when talking about sets. There needs to be one standard so it's easy to communicate and the majority of us use (WS + Hits) as xHit.

TL,DR - The name matters because sometimes the information is lacking and/or it is the information.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tacothecat
By Cerberus.Tacothecat 2018-05-18 00:07:21
Link | Citer | R

here is the thing, i don't care. not going to cater to some snowflake feelings because i didn't name things the same as someone else, the way I worded it is perfectly fine, the math didn't change especially with it all being broken down right afterwards

p.s. I never even called it a 4 hit or 5 hit or anything, I called it an xhit, seavel came in with a twist in his panties and flipped out, at this point I am encouraged to do it the way he doesn't like just to piss him off

xhit is just the amount of hits it takes you to get to 1000% tp, it doesn't matter if you add in or subtract your ws from the amount of swings as long as you understand it, throwing a tantrum and telling someone they are wrong because they name it differently and get the same result is ignorant, crying about it is childish and looking over numerous amounts of post between the two of you, I am also encouraged to block you both to avoid anymore of the childish squabbles you two seem to consistently be involved in
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2018-05-18 00:48:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Arnan
user: amadis
By Asura.Arnan 2018-05-18 01:35:32
Link | Citer | R

relic hands are worth upgeading, outside those and legs, use your money on something else.

The headpiece you should also get +2 at least. Any extra macc during your DS/NV Drain 3 is very welcome
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 53 54 55