Random Politics & Religion #19

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #19
Random Politics & Religion #19
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 82 83 84
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-02-07 14:11:07
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
I am Rawry

I guess I'll do better at keeping track of the people who post on a bajillion accounts for no apparent reason. Since when did Josi become a role model?
[+]
 Valefor.Rawry
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Rawry 2017-02-07 14:12:40
Link | Citer | R

It's the same account.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-02-07 14:13:28
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Rawry said: »
It's the same account.

Characters, whatever.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-07 14:16:41
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
I am Rawry

I guess I'll do better at keeping track of the people who post on a bajillion accounts for no apparent reason. Since when did Josi become a role model?
Since forever man!
By Viciouss 2017-02-07 14:17:10
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
guarantee[/b] everyone that you have some issue with them, and it has to do with Trump picking them.

Which is *shock* my point.

And its a failed point. Betsy Devos is a failed education "activist." Her failures have nothing to do with Trump picking her.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-07 14:17:56
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
And its a failed point. Betsy Devos is a failed education "activist." Her failures have nothing to do with Trump picking her.
In your opinion.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-07 14:18:33
Link | Citer | R

Or is this alternative facts I keep hearing about.

Where make believe is real?

You just got to believe!
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-02-07 14:18:51
Link | Citer | R

So, tell us all why Gorsuch shouldn't be a Supreme Court Justice.
I never said he shouldn't be. His opinions don't disqualify him but he at least understands the judicial system. Your attempted point was that most of the criticism of Devos was Trump related when it's been about her lack of credentials. I don't know enough about Mathus to say anything.
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-02-07 14:22:38
Link | Citer | R

Mattis received broad support from both parties. Because he's, you know... qualified.
By Viciouss 2017-02-07 14:23:06
Link | Citer | R

The guy's name is Mattis. ....
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-07 14:23:52
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Your attempted point was that most of the criticism of Devos was Trump related when it's been about her lack of credentials.
...so wait, an union president is a better choice in your mind?

Somebody who's sole objective is to lobby for substandard education practices and actually was responsible for instituting one of the worst educational standards known to date?

And he is more qualified than DeVos?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-07 14:27:31
Link | Citer | R

The guy's name is Mattis. ....
So it is.

Don't know why it said Mathus.

Seriously don't, cause I swear I wrote Mattis....
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-02-07 14:28:35
Link | Citer | R

guarantee[/b] everyone that you have some issue with them, and it has to do with Trump picking them.

Which is *shock* my point.

If you have a problem with failed activists, there are a lot of judges that Obama appointed that you should be taking issue with.

On the topic of education, DeVos could have done much better in those hearings. I'll give you guys that. But when every appointee (or, more generally, everything that Trump does period) is the hill that the Left wants to die on, suddenly you don't have many resources on the hills that actually matter. And behold, she got through as a result, as did/will everyone else.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-02-07 14:35:42
Link | Citer | R

Somebody who's sole objective is to lobby for substandard education practices and actually was responsible for instituting one of the worst educational standards known to date?

We already know you have no idea what common core is or what t really entails but it doesn't matter since this is about Devos. She's objectively a bad candidate. I didn't really doubt all the nominees would be confirmed but it was nice to see at least two Republicans willing to put country before party.
But when every appointee (or, more generally, everything that Trump does period) is the hill that the Left wants to die on, suddenly you don't have many resources on the hills that actually matter.
Except every candidate wasn't. You just need to believe that in order to delegitimize all the valid criticism.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-02-07 14:36:47
Link | Citer | R

he is more qualified than DeVos?

what *** are we using for measuring?

he graduated with honors in sociology, he was the Chief Executive Officer of the Chicago Public Schools... and other than common core *** (which came later) he probably seemed like a pretty solid pick at the time... on paper....
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-07 14:40:42
Link | Citer | R

We already know you have no idea what common core is or what t really entails but it doesn't matter since this is about Devos. She's objectively a bad candidate. I didn't really doubt all the nominees would be confirmed but it was nice to see at least two Republicans willing to put country before party.
But when every appointee (or, more generally, everything that Trump does period) is the hill that the Left wants to die on, suddenly you don't have many resources on the hills that actually matter.
Except every candidate wasn't. You just need to believe that in order to delegitimize all the valid criticism.
You're still gonna read whatever you want anyway so I guess it doesn't matter.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-02-07 14:46:03
Link | Citer | R

You're terrible at this.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-07 14:48:39
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
he is more qualified than DeVos?

what *** are we using for measuring?

he graduated with honors in sociology, he was the Chief Executive Officer of the Chicago Public Schools... and other than common core *** (which came later) he probably seemed like a pretty solid pick at the time... on paper....
Quote:
Opinions vary on Duncan's success as CEO; one prominent publication notes improved test scores and describes Duncan as a consensus builder, while another finds the improvements largely a myth and is troubled by the closing of neighborhood schools and their replacement by charter schools, and what it describes as schools' militarization.

Still doesn't sound like an overall success story that some snakeoil salesman liberals/democrats seem to state.

He was pushing Common Core before he became SoEd. And regardless of what Pleebo says, even the most liberal media is saying that Common Core is a failure. Over, and over, and over, and over again.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-02-07 14:53:09
Link | Citer | R

I've heard whining about over half of them, and most of the other half hasn't been confirmed yet so I'm assuming that the rest of the whining is coming soon. There is outrage on practically everything Trump does, which weakens the argument against the things that are actually problematic. The obstructionism already makes the stuff used against Obama look like child's play.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-02-07 14:53:51
Link | Citer | R

Josiahkf said: »
Since when did Josi become a role model?
hey!
<3
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-07 14:55:27
Link | Citer | R

I've heard whining about over half of them, and most of the other half hasn't been confirmed yet so I'm assuming that the rest of the whining is coming soon. There is outrage on practically everything Trump does, which weakens the argument against the things that are actually problematic. The obstructionism already makes the stuff used against Obama look like child's play.
I can't wait for the criticism against Gorsuch.

They literally have nothing against him other than the fact that Trump nominated him.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-02-07 14:58:25
Link | Citer | R

One could replace Gorsuch with Garland and Trump with Obama and the same would hold true.

Let's not act like one group is above employing such tactics.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-02-07 15:15:04
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
One could replace Gorsuch with Garland and Trump with Obama and the same would hold true.

Let's not act like one group is above employing such tactics.

It's slightly different, in that this is a nominee in the beginning of a presidency. The Dems lost a lot of justification to cry foul with Garland after what Biden said about final year appointments. Would the Republicans be doing this if Clinton had won? I dunno. Would it surprise me? Well, I think Congress is full of idiots on both sides anyway, so nothing surprises me.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-07 15:17:26
Link | Citer | R

Would the Republicans be doing this if Clinton had won? I dunno.
Most likely.

Then again, Republicans rarely show moral platitudes.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2017-02-07 15:17:57
Link | Citer | R

it was nice to see at least two Republicans willing to put country before party.

booo, they weren't mine.
By Viciouss 2017-02-07 15:18:43
Link | Citer | R

There is no Biden rule. A comment made 20+ years ago and never actually put into action doesn't create a rule. The Dems can do whatever they want with Gorsuch and be fine, they aren't feeling any pressure.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-07 15:23:01
Link | Citer | R

There is no Biden rule. A comment made 20+ years ago and never actually put into action doesn't create a rule. The Dems can do whatever they want with Gorsuch and be fine, they aren't feeling any pressure.
Joe Biden said:
"Given the unusual rancor that prevailed in the (Clarence) Thomas nomination, the need for some serious reevaluation of the nomination and confirmation process, and the overall level of bitterness that sadly infects our political system and this presidential campaign already, it is my view that the prospects for anything but conflagration with respect to a Supreme Court nomination this year are remote at best."

YouTube Video Placeholder

Incoming "He never said that/You are taking him out of context/That's not what he said/<insert deflection excuse>" excuse
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-02-07 15:24:28
Link | Citer | R

Mattis was confirmed 99-1
Elaine Chao 93-6
Nikki Haley 96-4
John Kelly 88-11

Something something partisanship something hate Trump etc.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 82 83 84