Random Politics & Religion #14

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #14
Random Politics & Religion #14
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 99 100 101
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-02 14:14:28
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
We as individuals may not like a lot of this stuff, but despite any and all differences we here have, we're (ostensibly) all FF players/fans, so clearly our entertainment choices are a little different from the vast majority of the public at large.
And yet, our form of entertainment has never offended anyone.

...except the Galka, but who gives a *** about them?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-11-02 14:18:56
Link | Citer | R

eliroo said: »
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Apparently the unfollow was true? I don't blame Hannity for his overreaction and he did apologize for using the facts I don't like. If I was given the same news on my talk show I would immediately start discussing the implications. Not a huge fan of Hannity but I don't think he should be held accountable for doing his job.
What was his job here exactly?

Entertainment, haven't you seen his shown?
I have not listened to his show no... Not a big talk radio guy...
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-02 14:19:04
Link | Citer | R

Requisite:

By Ramyrez 2016-11-02 14:24:34
Link | Citer | R

Was provided a Samantha Bee video.

Amusing. Mostly agree with the things she says/implies. Not something I'd watch though. It's not incredibly original content.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-11-02 16:28:48
Link | Citer | R

Amusing. Mostly agree with the things she says/implies. Not something I'd watch though. It's not incredibly original content.
She's another daily show correspondent that got her own show now...
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2016-11-02 17:25:10
Link | Citer | R

Look, like it or not, this is the choice of the people. Jersey Shore. Celebrity Apprentice. American Idol. Samatha Bee (whoever she is). 8,000 news networks reporting what they think people want to see and hear.

I don't like a single thing I just listed (except Samantha Bee who, as stated, I have no idea who she is). But I readily acknowledge that they're either 1) what the majority of people want or 2) what people paid a lot of money to figure out what people want think that the majority of people want.

Given a century+ of practice as we've gone from print to radio to cable news and entertainment, let's go ahead and give the people cited in item 2 at least an 80% chance of being right.

We as individuals may not like a lot of this stuff, but despite any and all differences we here have, we're (ostensibly) all FF players/fans, so clearly our entertainment choices are a little different from the vast majority of the public at large.

But as a whole, this is what America wants.

These are the candidates we've chosen. One way or another.

Or, to quote the would-be-sainted-if-he-believed-in-such-things George Carlin:

"Garbage in, garbage out; this is the best we can do, folks."
Except we didn't choose Hillary; the DNC chose Hillary.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-11-02 19:35:49
Link | Citer | R

Vyre you must understand that we have a representative democracy.

The only problem is who it represents.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-02 19:45:02
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »

So, are you denying that the DNC directly influenced the primaries in a way to favor one candidate over another, even though there is a ton of evidence that shows otherwise?
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-11-03 06:37:27
Link | Citer | R

Brexit court defeat for UK government

Quote:
Parliament must vote on whether the UK can start the process of leaving the EU, the High Court has ruled.

This means the government cannot trigger Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty - beginning formal discussions with the EU - on its own.

Theresa May says the referendum - and existing ministerial powers - mean MPs do not need to vote, but campaigners called this unconstitutional.

The government is appealing, with a further hearing expected next month.
[+]
By eliroo 2016-11-03 07:34:14
Link | Citer | R

A few people would consider our government an oligarchy.

Regardless there is very clear evidence of collusion between the DNC and Hillary Clinton. The people didn't choose her, the DNC did. You have to be blind to not see that.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2016-11-03 07:41:15
Link | Citer | R

A few people would consider our government an oligarchy.

Regardless there is very clear evidence of collusion between the DNC and Hillary Clinton. The people didn't choose her, the DNC did. You have to be blind to not see that.
No one chose Hillary, they chose her pantsuit, and she wore it.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-03 07:49:07
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

So, are you denying that the DNC directly influenced the primaries in a way to favor one candidate over another, even though there is a ton of evidence that shows otherwise?

God dammit. I typed up a long response to this last night and then my internet ***the bed as I hit submit. I had hoped it went through, but it didn't.

TL;DR Yes the DNC is a bunch of shitbags, but Bernie didn't lose by a slim margin. Like it or not registered dems as a whole prefer the establishment, apparently. What's more upsetting is that Bernie had to hitch his wagon to the DNC at all to stand a chance at a real run at the Whitehouse in the first place.
By Ramyrez 2016-11-03 07:49:44
Link | Citer | R

TL;DR for the TL;DR:

People suck.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-03 07:55:56
Link | Citer | R

TL;DR Yes the DNC is a bunch of shitbags, but Bernie didn't lose by a slim margin. Like it or not registered dems as a whole prefer the establishment, apparently. What's more upsetting is that Bernie had to hitch his wagon to the DNC at all to stand a chance at a real run at the Whitehouse in the first place.
Yes but don't forget certain primaries locked people out of voting(ie people who didn't register before I don't know what month, when Sanders still wasn't very well known to many people). If everyone could have voted..pardon my skepticism about Clinton still winning.
By fonewear 2016-11-03 07:56:16
Link | Citer | R

God dammit. I typed up a long response to this last night and then my internet ***the bed as I hit submit. I had hoped it went through, but it didn't.

I bet Hillary hit the router reset button !
Guide Maker
By Seha 2016-11-03 07:56:25
Link | Citer | R

Besides the superDs that she would have gotten anyway cause the party sucks.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-03 08:03:08
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Yes but don't forget certain primaries locked people out of voting(ie people who didn't register before I don't know what month, when Sanders still wasn't very well known to many people). If everyone could have voted..pardon my skepticism about Clinton still winning.

Eh. It may have been closer.

I think the entire primary process is bunk anyhow, but I just don't think people understand how many people out there don't spend time on the internet talking about their political views. I think Hillary has a lot more support among older Dems than people on internet message boards realize.
By fonewear 2016-11-03 08:05:08
Link | Citer | R

What the world needs right now is another late night TV talk show.

I personally can't choose between Jimmy Fallon and Colbert on which is more terrible !
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-11-03 08:13:44
Link | Citer | R

Hillary won by 3.7 million votes... Whether or not the dnc was pushing for her to win she clearly had a significant lead over Bernie in the popular vote... Bernie got most of his support from the younger crowd and then a bit more because some Dems couldn't stomach some of the things coming out about her... Without the whole email mess she probably would have won by a much bigger margin...
By eliroo 2016-11-03 09:02:01
Link | Citer | R

The popular vote can easily be influenced, especially when the DNC establishment was very clearly against Bernie the whole way through. I think if Super Delegates didn't reflect their votes until the end and their was no collusion it would have been significantly closer.
By Ramyrez 2016-11-03 09:31:21
Link | Citer | R

All I ever wanted was a candidate who doesn't legislate based upon the Bible and that wasn't facing a trial after the election. I lost any chance of that back with the primaries.

I really didn't think it was too much to ask.
By Ramyrez 2016-11-03 09:31:45
Link | Citer | R

Maybe Joe Exotic is the way to go after all.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-11-03 09:51:29
Link | Citer | R

The popular vote can easily be influenced, especially when the DNC establishment was very clearly against Bernie the whole way through. I think if Super Delegates didn't reflect their votes until the end and their was no collusion it would have been significantly closer.
How can it be easily influenced?

Hell the rnc was clearly against Donald and he won...
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-03 09:57:19
Link | Citer | R

rebublicans are supposed to be evil though...

democrats are supposed to be the "good guys"...but they all ganged up to kick the mortal ***out of an old bumbling jew...for daring to oppose their coronation of HRC

The CNN~Brazille~DNC bullcrap was in the primaries

Even richard nixon was shocked but the unnessesary cruelty of it
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-03 09:59:04
Link | Citer | R

Anyone else get the feeling Trump has a back room deal with Asange?

What I mean is, paying someone to leak information about a political opponent on the internet in order to discredit them and sway potential voters is a savvy 21st century political tactic.

Wouldn't shock me if it came to light that Trump is paying for strategic timing of document release.

Repackaged 19th century tactics for the 21st century.

Just a thought.
By Zerowone 2016-11-03 10:00:05
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
rebublicans are supposed to be evil though...

democrats are supposed to be the "good guys"...but they all ganged up to kick the mortal ***out of an old bumbling jew...for daring to oppose their coronation of HRC

The CNN~Brazille~DNC bullcrap was in the primaries

Even richard nixon was shocked but the unnessesary cruelty of it

Can I get the number to your psychic advisor?
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-03 10:01:49
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Anyone else get the feeling Trump has a back room deal with Asange?
Nah.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-03 10:06:04
Link | Citer | R

Zerowone said: »
Can I get the number to your psychic advisor?

I don't get it....

[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-11-03 10:10:38
Link | Citer | R

I cannot see where I even implied that.

A few people would consider our government an oligarchy....
Constitutional scholars prefer plutocracy. That's because it represents the 0.56%.

Quote:
Simple Definition of oligarchy

: a country, business, etc., that is controlled by a small group of people
Quote:
Simple Definition of plutocracy

: government by the richest people
So oligarchy is not incorrect, but plutocracy describes that small group.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 99 100 101