Random Politics & Religion #14

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #14
Random Politics & Religion #14
First Page 2 3 ... 86 87 88 ... 99 100 101

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Ramyrez 2016-11-22 10:52:52
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
eliroo said: »
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
The older generation took a gamble but didn't foresee how much of a variable technology would play in creating a lazy and coddled generation.

Are we discussing Generation X or the Millennials in this statement? Don't millennials work far more and far harder than the generation before them?
As a gen x-er, I would contest that assumption very much.

Of course you would because you take it as a direct insult to your own personal work ethic rather than as an observation of facts.

Which is why I said, however, that in some ways it's a documented fact, but not all work is created equal.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-22 10:55:04
Link | Citer | R

His tweet habits are embarrassing and his meeting with the heads of media yesterday was slightly disturbing and slightly indicative of some dark times ahead of us.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-22 10:55:57
Link | Citer | R

Candlejack said: »
And in keeping with not electing a person found unfit for office, one would have reason to believe the EC would turn faithless if a chosen candidate started to name bigots and people with conflicts of interest to power while stoking fear in a good-sized chunk of the overall national population. Which is what we're currently seeing.
You forgot that they all committed treason by breathing the same air you do.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-22 10:57:46
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
The older generation took a gamble but didn't foresee how much of a variable technology would play in creating a lazy and coddled generation.

Are we discussing Generation X or the Millennials in this statement? Don't millennials work far more and far harder than the generation before them?
As a gen x-er, I would contest that assumption very much.

Of course you would because you take it as a direct insult to your own personal work ethic rather than as an observation of facts.

Which is why I said, however, that in some ways it's a documented fact, but not all work is created equal.

Sucks to be an outlier, anomaly, or standard deviation when generalizing large groups based on a specific universal qualifier.
[+]
By eliroo 2016-11-22 10:59:48
Link | Citer | R

His tweet habits are embarrassing and his meeting with the heads of media yesterday was slightly disturbing and slightly indicative of some dark times ahead of us.

His alleged meeting with the Argentinian leader was quite disturbing too. I hope that he is just trying to finish up business before becoming president but it was still in poor taste.

I think we do have a long 4 years ahead of us and we really need to take the good as good and the bad as bad. The media will just hurt their influence by consistently shaming him on every action and not praising him on the action he does good. Think of it like training a dog, negative reinforcement is not a good thing. Sometimes they even enjoy the negative attention.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-22 11:06:05
Link | Citer | R

I think we do have a long 4 years ahead of us and we really need to take the good as good and the bad as bad.

What people should do.

I think we do have a long 4 years ahead of us and we really need to take the good as bad and the bad as treason.

What people will do.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-22 11:13:19
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I think we do have a long 4 years ahead of us and we really need to take the good as good and the bad as bad.

What people should do.

I think we do have a long 4 years ahead of us and we really need to take the good as bad and the bad as treason.

What people will do.

So, nothing changes. Sounds about right.
Man, we really should hound Trump for his "Hope and Change" message he has been pushing then!
By Ramyrez 2016-11-22 11:17:12
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Man, we really should hound Trump for his "Hope and Change" message he has been pushing then!

Don't get me started.

I've spent the past eight years rolling my eyes at every anti-Obama bumper sticker I've seen and now I'm going to have to spend the next four-to-eight rolling my eyes at every anti-Trump bumper sticker.

And pro-Trump bumper sticker, come to think of it.

Jesus this guy is a *** disaster for everyone.

Oh!!! On this topic! I have a fun anecdote. Give me a few to find a picture.
By Ramyrez 2016-11-22 11:18:45
Link | Citer | R

This house has been on lots of national media and I've seen it on several blogs/etc.

It's feet from the townhouse I rented before I bought my house.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-22 11:19:33
Link | Citer | R

I've spent the past eight years rolling my eyes at every anti-Obama bumper sticker I've seen and now I'm going to have to spend the next four-to-eight rolling my eyes at every anti-Trump bumper sticker.

Don't read while driving, especially when you drive!

I don't pay attention to bumper stickers at all.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-11-22 11:23:30
Link | Citer | R

The reaction to trumps decision not to prosecute HRC has been amusing... always a fan of the fox comment sections...
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-22 11:26:03
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
The reaction to trumps decision not to prosecute HRC has been amusing... always a fan of the fox comment sections...
I think it was pretty obvious that Trump was never going to prosecute Clinton. I mean, we aren't Russia for crying out loud.

While it would also make a good message to the political elite that they are not above the law, it's not a good idea to prosecute your political opponents.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-22 11:30:21
Link | Citer | R

Don't read while driving, especially when you drive!

I don't pay attention to bumper stickers at all.

I ride shotgun about 35% of the time. And I'm pretty hypervigilant;. I notice a lot around me when I drive. It makes up for my obliviousness the rest of the time.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-22 11:30:22
Link | Citer | R

These Tweets from Trump today, regarding the New York Times...

"I canceled today's meeting with the failing @nytimes when the terms and conditions of the meeting were changed at the last minute. Not nice"

"Perhaps a new meeting will be set up with the @nytimes. In the meantime they continue to cover me inaccurately and with a nasty tone!"

Wouldn't be surprised if we get a "Screw you America, I'm going home" by mid January from him.
By Ramyrez 2016-11-22 11:31:22
Link | Citer | R

Wouldn't be surprised if we get a "Screw you America, I'm going home" by mid January from him.

I would politely and graciously accept his resignation, thanking him for his time and his hard work in exposing how far we still have to go in coming together as a nation.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-22 11:34:38
Link | Citer | R

I'm gonna need some clarification. Trump isn't a prosecutor. He can try to get the ball rolling, but he doesn't decide if she gets convicted of anything or not.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-11-22 11:42:07
Link | Citer | R

He leaves the opportunity open the most by standing on the sidelines.

If it starts looking bad Obama will just pardon her (wait I thought she did nothing wrong).
By Viciouss 2016-11-22 11:42:53
Link | Citer | R

I'm gonna need some clarification. Trump isn't a prosecutor. He can try to get the ball rolling, but he doesn't decide if she gets convicted of anything or not.

He can decide whether charges are brought from the Justice Department, he can also assign a special prosecutor. Congress can't do either of those things. So if he says its dead, and the FBI has closed the investigation, then its dead.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-11-22 11:43:09
Link | Citer | R

I think it was pretty obvious that Trump was never going to prosecute Clinton. I mean, we aren't Russia for crying out loud.

While it would also make a good message to the political elite that they are not above the law, it's not a good idea to prosecute your political opponents.
He won't have to, sessions will just take that recommendation from the FBI regarding her foundation investigation.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-11-22 11:45:55
Link | Citer | R

Should I state it a different way? He won't pursue charges? Is that ok with you that way? Lol... all I was saying was that the reaction on the fox comment section was entertaining... jesus...

I don't get this whole obama will pardon her anyways as the trump administration can't really do anything at all until they actually come into office... how again does obama pardon someone when he's no longer president?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-22 11:45:59
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »

He can decide whether charges are brought from the Justice Department, he can also assign a special prosecutor. Congress can't do either of those things. So if he says its dead, and the FBI has closed the investigation, then its dead.

The FBI has closed the email case, they haven't closed the Clinton Foundation investigation.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-22 11:46:29
Link | Citer | R

So if he says its dead, and the FBI has closed the investigation, then its dead.
The investigation isn't formally closed.

Candlejack said: »
Obama already did pardon her
Strange, last I saw, she wasn't even convicted and brought into trial.

How can Obama pardon an "innocent" woman of a crime she hasn't been charged of committing...yet?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-22 11:47:08
Link | Citer | R

The FBI has closed the email case, they haven't closed the Clinton Foundation investigation.
The email case wasn't officially closed either.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-11-22 11:47:24
Link | Citer | R

It was another one of those statements he only meant if you never bought a Trump-brand decoder ring and couldn't decipher his jokes and ironic statements.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 86 87 88 ... 99 100 101