Random Politics & Religion #14

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #14
Random Politics & Religion #14
First Page 2 3 ... 79 80 81 ... 99 100 101
By Ramyrez 2016-11-21 09:22:53
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
but I do think this will be the most polite instance.

WRONG.

Incoming Canadian rebuke of Trump's follow-up to the Mexican wall: white picket fence on Canadian border.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-11-21 09:33:07
Link | Citer | R

News I guess is just you know whatever we agree with and want to be true so we will just believe that... I don't think anyone really cares about the truth lol...
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-21 09:36:08
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
News I guess is just you know whatever we agree with and want to be true so we will just believe that... I don't think anyone really cares about the truth lol...

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-21 09:42:40
Link | Citer | R

I don't think anyone really cares about the truth lol...

we care a lot!!!!

[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-21 09:50:50
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
eliroo said: »
I honestly think that people should have to the right to deny certain services but currently the cake issue is definitely in violation of the Civil Rights Act. The act doesn't mention political beliefs currently, but I think it should.

It's not in the Civil Rights Act. It is in the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Covenant_on_Civil_and_Political_Rights

Keep mind that this is right to not be arrested or killed due to political affiliation or identity. Has nothing to do with denial of commercial services. In this instance, denial of free clothing based on political affiliation.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-21 09:51:36
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
I don't think anyone really cares about the truth lol...

we care a lot!!!!

Mike Patton 4 President 2020!!
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-21 09:56:20
Link | Citer | R

Mike Patton 4 President 2020!!

Terry Bozzio for newly-created position Secretary of Sick Beats.

Frank Zappa's ghost for Secretary of *** Censorship Right in the Hoo-ha.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-21 09:56:29
Link | Citer | R

Whoops.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-21 10:21:53
Link | Citer | R

It's weird how you identify the band with Patton though it was Chuck Mosley who was the original front man/lead singer in the We Care A Lot video. Fun Fact: Courtney Love was the frontman to Faith Mo More before Mosley.

Also to keep with the Patton topic:

[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Ramyrez 2016-11-21 10:25:04
Link | Citer | R

It's weird how you identify the band with Patton though it was Chuck Mosley who was the original front man/lead singer in the We Care A Lot video. Fun Fact: Courtney Love was the frontman to Faith Mo More before Mosley.

And what's better still is you say "Mike Patton" and I think "Mr. Bungle," before I think "Faith No More."

[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-21 10:28:08
Link | Citer | R

Your talking about the "tell'em your name is Trump" stupidity.

Great idea guys let's protest Starbucks by going to Starbucks and placing orders under the name "Trump". If they refuse we'll video tape it..

Who the *** protests a business by giving them business???

Can't make this ***up if I tried.
By eliroo 2016-11-21 10:28:56
Link | Citer | R

I honestly think that people should have to the right to deny certain services but currently the cake issue is definitely in violation of the Civil Rights Act. The act doesn't mention political beliefs currently, but I think it should.

It's not in the Civil Rights Act. It is in the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Covenant_on_Civil_and_Political_Rights

Keep mind that this is right to not be arrested or killed due to political affiliation or identity. Has nothing to do with denial of commercial services. In this instance, denial of free clothing based on political affiliation.

So In final the Civil Rights Act of 1964 doesn't cover discrimination on sexuality or political belief's.

The the ICCPR doesn't cover businesses.
By fonewear 2016-11-21 10:30:44
Link | Citer | R

I'll summarize this page:

Post deleted by User.
By Ramyrez 2016-11-21 10:33:05
Link | Citer | R

Candlejack said: »
Happened in Florida.

Then it doesn't count against anyone of any political affiliation or belief.

Florida is the *** Twilight Zone.
By fonewear 2016-11-21 10:33:08
Link | Citer | R

Thank you for clarify that important Starbucks story you truly are a God among men !
By fonewear 2016-11-21 10:33:36
Link | Citer | R

clarifying *

Post deleted by User.
By Ramyrez 2016-11-21 10:35:22
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
clarifying *

Like buttah.

Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-21 10:51:05
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
The establishment media is no longer needed with social media. The real news gets out despite their efforts to not report it.

So does the facts I don't like. And the flat-out lies. And the news that's heartwarming but ultimately irrelevant. And the story about that one guy who, oh man, did you see what he can do with a coke can?

Yeah. Social media is *** ***and we're all guilty of playing along. Every last one of us. Because even those who don't use the services directly see the quotes and screenshots in news, blogs, etc. and respond to it, thereby partaking.

Shouldn't indulge them on their "Lügenpresse" rhetoric.

Things are getting eerily cyclical.
By fonewear 2016-11-21 11:00:22
Link | Citer | R

I tried to delete my Facebook but they said they knew where my family lives...so I still have it.
By eliroo 2016-11-21 11:03:16
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
The establishment media is no longer needed with social media. The real news gets out despite their efforts to not report it.

So does the facts I don't like. And the flat-out lies. And the news that's heartwarming but ultimately irrelevant. And the story about that one guy who, oh man, did you see what he can do with a coke can?

Yeah. Social media is *** ***and we're all guilty of playing along. Every last one of us. Because even those who don't use the services directly see the quotes and screenshots in news, blogs, etc. and respond to it, thereby partaking.

Shouldn't indulge them on their "Lügenpresse" rhetoric.

Things are getting eerily cyclical.

The consistent references to Nazi Germany is a bit annoying. There was a lot at play when it come down to Hitler's rise and the horrible acts they commented.

Addressing the failures of the press is not going to lead us down to the path of Nazi Germany.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-21 11:03:50
Link | Citer | R

I tried to delete my Facebook but they said they knew where my family lives...so I still have it.

I wonder if I could use this strategy to track down people who have gone missing!

"I'm going to delete Facebook."

"We know where your sister lives. Don't *** with us."

"Really? Can you give me her address? *** skipped town owing me a bundle."
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-21 11:10:53
Link | Citer | R

The consistent references to Nazi Germany is a bit annoying.

Yet when you tread dangerously close to using the same rhetoric, you have to expect it, don't you?

When you use terms like "(blank) supremacy" in terms of ethnic, economic, racial, or cultural context, you cannot credibly cry about being compared to one of the most blatant, widespread (though sadly nowhere near the only) instances of genocide of the modern era.

Even if you truly do not mean it in malicious terms, there will be people who hear it in those terms. Most of them will be detractors and this leads to the annoyance you feel where some ideas can't get a fair shake because of associated negativity with extreme concepts. But a very small -- yet oft very vocal subset -- will whole-heartedly endorse it in exactly those extremely malicious terms. Again, whether it was ever meant that way or not.
By fonewear 2016-11-21 11:20:20
Link | Citer | R

I wonder if I could use this strategy to track down people who have gone missing!

"I'm going to delete Facebook."

"We know where your sister lives. Don't *** with us."

"Really? Can you give me her address? *** skipped town owing me a bundle."

They force you to wait a week to delete Facebook. They are counting on you to have no willpower to do wait that long...turns out they are right.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-21 11:32:11
Link | Citer | R

This one's for Fone:

‘Feminist’ Snow-Plowing System Brings Stockholm to a Standstill

Quote:
A “feminist” strategy for clearing the roads of snow in Stockholm ended in failure as the city ground to a halt in recent days.

A new system, suggested by progressive politicians in the Swedish city, tore up tried and tested snow plow routes and diverted them to areas said to be used more by women.

But the inevitable consequence was that other spaces – like main roads – were clogged up for longer, and it became impossible to get around.

Public transport failed, traffic piled up and injuries requiring a hospital visit reportedly spiked.

The disaster struck despite a $270,000 increase in this year’s snow removal budget meant to help the new system succeed.

The “gender equal” strategy came in last year after politicians in the Swedish Green Party argued that the old way of clearing major roads in central areas favours men, who are more likely to work in the city, and get there by car.

Instead, the plows were sent to clear out sidewalks and cycle paths – on the basis that women walk and bike often. They also focused on areas like kindergartens, which children and parents visit in the morning.

Unfortunately, the theory did little to save Stockholm when a bumper snowfall hit at the end of last week.

Indeed, almost a week later buses are still struggling to run, and some 1,700 public transport passengers are planning to sue.

Progressive politicians have gone on the defensive, with the MP who suggested it claiming that the snow plows hadn’t executed the “gender-equal” plan properly.

Despite efforts to defend it, the plan has become a laughing stock.

Even liberal publications like Stockholm’s Dagens Nyheter published this mocking listicle of “9 alternatives to feminist snow removal”, including Satanic snow removal (“melt the snow with burning crosses”) and Neoliberal snow removal (“the invisible hand of the market will move it”).
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-11-21 11:39:13
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
This one's for Fone:

‘Feminist’ Snow-Plowing System Brings Stockholm to a Standstill

Quote:
A “feminist” strategy for clearing the roads of snow in Stockholm ended in failure as the city ground to a halt in recent days.

A new system, suggested by progressive politicians in the Swedish city, tore up tried and tested snow plow routes and diverted them to areas said to be used more by women.

But the inevitable consequence was that other spaces – like main roads – were clogged up for longer, and it became impossible to get around.

Public transport failed, traffic piled up and injuries requiring a hospital visit reportedly spiked.

The disaster struck despite a $270,000 increase in this year’s snow removal budget meant to help the new system succeed.

The “gender equal” strategy came in last year after politicians in the Swedish Green Party argued that the old way of clearing major roads in central areas favours men, who are more likely to work in the city, and get there by car.

Instead, the plows were sent to clear out sidewalks and cycle paths – on the basis that women walk and bike often. They also focused on areas like kindergartens, which children and parents visit in the morning.

Unfortunately, the theory did little to save Stockholm when a bumper snowfall hit at the end of last week.

Indeed, almost a week later buses are still struggling to run, and some 1,700 public transport passengers are planning to sue.

Progressive politicians have gone on the defensive, with the MP who suggested it claiming that the snow plows hadn’t executed the “gender-equal” plan properly.

Despite efforts to defend it, the plan has become a laughing stock.

Even liberal publications like Stockholm’s Dagens Nyheter published this mocking listicle of “9 alternatives to feminist snow removal”, including Satanic snow removal (“melt the snow with burning crosses”) and Neoliberal snow removal (“the invisible hand of the market will move it”).
Plow the roads with feelz!
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-21 11:39:33
Link | Citer | R

The consistent references to Nazi Germany is a bit annoying.

Learn to embrace it dude, they have equating republicans with nazis since before you were born...

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 79 80 81 ... 99 100 101