Random Politics & Religion #14

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #14
Random Politics & Religion #14
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 99 100 101
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-02 09:51:27
Link | Citer | R

Oh yeah, I voted on Monday.

My vote really went to Ann Richards. Because *** you Clinton/Trump, a dead democrat Governor from Texas can still do a better job than either of you two.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-02 09:52:59
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Ramyrez said: »
If there's one thing we agree on it's that governments from local through federal really need to streamline their business process and stop wasting so much *** money on useless programs and inappropriately bloated contracts...
The programs are not useless. They generate "campaign contributions." And the contracts aren't bloated, those "campaign contributions" have to be paid for somehow.

The American public can't be assed to pay attention to the actual bureaucratic process. They've got reality TV shows to watch. If you're not going to be at least as entertaining as The Voice, why bother? ...
This illustrates the problem with the Republican agenda. The Romans proved that you need both bread AND circuses to keep the population docile.
Careful Chanti, your blind bias is showing...again.

You really need to cover that up. Nobody likes somebody being overly biased, just look at the perception of the media.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-11-02 09:54:06
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
2017 scares me a lot...with the various elections around the world and other situations, if the world doesn't end by 2018 then I think humanity is safe for eternity.
Having lived through the cold war and the Cuban missile crisis I think we are fairly safe until the sea swallows all.

Perhaps even longer.
By eliroo 2016-11-02 09:54:28
Link | Citer | R

Most conservatives or really most Anti-Hillary people think Comey is backpedaling because of internal feuding in the FBI. No one is singing him praises, his inability to recommend an indictment after a scathing speech was incredibly inappropriate given his job.

I also love how Peter Kadzik is in charge of the Huma abedin probe when he clearly donated and supported the Clinton campaign as well as provided information to Podesta. The conflict of interest is really obvious and makes me wonder who makes these decisions.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-11-02 09:59:04
Link | Citer | R

Ku Klux Klan newspaper details its support for Donald Trump presidency with full front page article
N. Y. Daily news.

TLDR: The Trump campaign disavowed the endorsement non endorsement. No word from the cheeto colored banditio himself.

By Ramyrez 2016-11-02 10:00:15
Link | Citer | R

I'll take the FBI to task.

WHERE'S MULDER? WHERE'S SCULLY? YOU CLEARLY REPLACED THEM WITH SUBPAR CLONES AFTER SEASON FOUR AND HAVE CONTINUED THIS CHARADE FOR THE PAST TWENTY YEARS! BRING THE REAL MULDER AND SCULLY BACK. GIVE ME QUALITY CREATURE OF THE WEEK EPISODES AND SO HELP YOU GOD IF YOU TRY TO FORCE FEED US ROBERT PATRICK AGAIN.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-02 10:00:37
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I'm liking the RCP No-Tossups map.

All it takes is CO or PA to turn red, and people will be shitting bricks

*que new "Trump revelation "discovered" by the news that's 20+ years old*

Yup, and Colorado is within 3. Pennsylvania would be... except I'm pretty sure Franklin and Marshall polling is completely full of crap this cycle.
[+]
By eliroo 2016-11-02 10:01:24
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Ku Klux Klan newspaper details its support for Donald Trump presidency with full front page article
N. Y. Daily news.

TLDR: The Trump campaign disavowed the endorsement non endorsement. No word from the cheeto colored banditio himself.

And George Soros endorses Hillary Clinton. They have to endorse someone why should he answer to why a community wants to endorse him. Stupidest thing I've heard.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-02 10:03:07
Link | Citer | R

And felons endorse Clinton by a wide margin. Who the frick cares. You can't choose your supporters.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-02 10:06:59
Link | Citer | R

From an objective perspective, I'll be interested to see what way Pennsylvania goes.

There is so much visible Trump support in my area.

But that's deceptive. Because Trump signs in front of individual homes account for, what? 2-3 votes per house, tops? And Trump billboards represent paid advertisements which could come down to one moneyed individual trying to sway opinion.

Whereas a single multi-story low-income-housing building in Philly can balances out or even outweigh huge neighborhoods of Trump supporters in rural areas.

Trying to set aside the very real problems with both candidates, it is a fascinating time in America and we're looking at a very real, very deep disconnect/divide between rural areas and cities.

Practically speaking, however, my interest turns to concern when we note that I'm both literally and ideologically caught smack dab in the middle of this shitfest.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-02 10:13:56
Link | Citer | R

Practically speaking, however, my interest turns to concern when we note that I'm both literally and ideologically caught smack dab in the middle of this shitfest.
Do what I did and vote for Ann Richards.

Or Mickey Mouse.

Or whatever passes as a governor there.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-02 10:14:35
Link | Citer | R

Trying to set aside the very real problems with both candidates, it is a fascinating time in America and we're looking at a very real, very deep disconnect/divide between rural areas and cities.

Been that way for centuries and not just in America. Diametric opposition in values and political ideology between the urban and rural areas is not a new phenomenon.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-02 10:15:14
Link | Citer | R

The dumb thing is that we're only 6 days away and it's still anyone's game. The closer it is, the more likely the crap is to hit the fan after the votes are counted. Beyond that, with the way things are going I fully expect major November surprises to hit both sides within the week. We know there are still damaging Trump videos and tax returns out there, and Assange has promised a leak that will put Clinton in jail.

Plz stahp.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-02 10:17:18
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

Been that way for centuries and not just in America. Diametric opposition in values and political ideology between the urban and rural areas is not a new phenomenon.

Yes, this is true.

But things go in cycles and it feels like we're building up to a very turbulent portion of this cycle. I'd like to be wrong. But at this point it feels like it doesn't matter who gets elected, we're going to see significant backlash from some part of society.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-02 10:22:50
Link | Citer | R

we're going to see significant backlash from some part of society.

And by "significant backlash" I mean things are probably going to get violent before they get better. The Bundys acquittal is not good for their cause, contrary to what I'm sure their beliefs are. It's going to embolden similar-minded people to go farther and we're likely going to see another Waco or Ruby Ridge type situation eventually.

Or, inversely, in an urban setting the police are going to face growing backlash for abuse of power -- real or imagined almost doesn't matter anymore -- and that cycle will continue to boot.

Something needs to give somewhere. But the likelihood of that happening is at an all-time low, so...who the *** even knows.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-02 10:24:07
Link | Citer | R

Yes, this is true.

But things go in cycles and it feels like we're building up to a very turbulent portion of this cycle. I'd like to be wrong. But at this point it feels like it doesn't matter who gets elected, we're going to see significant backlash from some part of society.

Might have something to do with gradual decrease in funding of public education affecting the quality thereof creating a generation of constituents that are afflicted with historical ignorance.

ex: People that actually believe the criminal intent of Clinton's email scandal is equal to or worse than Watergate.
By Ramyrez 2016-11-02 10:30:27
Link | Citer | R

Might have something to do with gradual decrease in funding of public education affecting the quality thereof creating a generation of constituents that are afflicted with historical ignorance.

ex: People that actually believe the criminal intent of Clinton's email scandal is equal to or worse than Watergate.

Confirmation bias is a very, very difficult thing to combat. For anyone.
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-11-02 10:30:50
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
I'm so curious to see if you can actually pull the lever for Hillary on Tuesday...

/whispers

gary needs votes too mosin... give in to the dark side

Same here actually. It's going to be damn tough not to pencil in Joe Exotic...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-02 10:40:45
Link | Citer | R

Confirmation bias is a very, very difficult thing to combat. For anyone.

Which is why civil dialogue of opposing political or religious views on the internet is akin to a unicorn.
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-11-02 10:41:07
Link | Citer | R

WRONG.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-02 10:42:26
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Mosin said: »
WRONG.
BIGLY
[+]
By fonewear 2016-11-02 10:42:39
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
fonewear said: »
Is the election over yet. Hillary Clinton is seeping into my unconscious mind...

I watched CNN for about fifteen minutes last night... Alan Dershowitz crying about how unfair the FBI is... and Don Lemon urging people to vote...

both of them whining about how early voting is lower than 2012...

Muhahahahaa!

Best Don Lemon thing ever:

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-11-02 10:49:53
Link | Citer | R

eliroo said: »
And George Soros endorses Hillary Clinton. They have to endorse someone why should he answer to why a community wants to endorse him. Stupidest thing I've heard.
If you read the fricking article you would know that The Crusader did NOT endorse the ferret wearing clown, they merely support him. Much like a several republicans that I will not mention.
By fonewear 2016-11-02 10:51:41
Link | Citer | R

Watching CNN:

[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-02 10:52:59
Link | Citer | R

Watching CNN:

Eggy Weggy Steaky Wakes
[+]
By fonewear 2016-11-02 11:01:35
Link | Citer | R

9th symphony intensifies !

[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-02 11:05:56
Link | Citer | R

Watching CNN:

As relates to the movie, I frequently feel this way every time an amazing piece of classical music is used to sell some mediocre luxury vehicle.
By fonewear 2016-11-02 11:08:27
Link | Citer | R

That is true but how do you know Beethoven wouldn't like a Toyota Camry !
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-02 11:10:53
Link | Citer | R

That is true but how do you know Beethoven wouldn't like a Toyota Camry !

Obviously he would be fan of Bavarian Motor Works.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 99 100 101