Random Politics & Religion #14

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #14
Random Politics & Religion #14
First Page 2 3 ... 61 62 63 ... 99 100 101
By Viciouss 2016-11-16 17:23:21
Link | Citer | R

Maybe he will pay off the debt in exact change.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-11-16 17:41:37
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
eliroo said: »
Interesting reddit post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/5d8zop/serious_people_who_have_met_or_dealt_with_donald/

Maybe it will quell some peoples fear of Trump, I personally found the read very comforting.
It almost seems counterproductive though because as president we're not getting Donald, the man. We're getting DONALD, the Public Ego.
That's THE DONALD.
By Ramyrez 2016-11-16 17:43:46
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
That's THE DONALD.

Yes, yes. The definite article and the like. He's very important.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-11-16 18:17:31
Link | Citer | R

This point gets made every election. As people get jobs they become less liberal.

I think historically the mix of 18-35 ppl are usually bluer.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Viciouss 2016-11-16 18:37:15
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
I've been working full time for 15+ years and I'm still pretty non-conservative in the manner of the definition you follow.

Must just be in the minority.

No, you aren't in the minority because you work and vote liberal. Its just another nausi fantasy.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-11-16 18:44:24
Link | Citer | R

I've been working full time for 15+ years and I'm still pretty non-conservative in the manner of the definition you follow.

It's not an actual fact so I wouldn't worry too much.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-16 18:58:44
Link | Citer | R

No.... It's wishful thinking on his end, but it's a logical fallacy that relies on false assumptions. As Nausi pointed out, people have already tried saying this before. If this guy were correct, we would have already seen the fruits of it this election as compared to 2008. Instead, we not only had that age group voting less percentage-wise for Clinton than did for Obama, but when all of the local, state, and federal offices are taken into account we're the most red we've been since the 1920s.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-11-16 19:28:16
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

No.... It's wishful thinking on his end, but it's a logical fallacy that relies on false assumptions. As Nausi pointed out, people have already tried saying this before. If this guy were correct, we would have already seen the fruits of it this election as compared to 2008. Instead, we not only had that age group voting less percentage-wise for Clinton than did for Obama, but when all of the local, state, and federal offices are taken into account we're the most red we've been since the 1920s.
Obviously it was a generalization. They can split those "fantasy" hairs as much as they want. Come 2017 my dreams are coming true.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-16 20:28:54
Link | Citer | R

You have a different problem! You're a gd Canadian!
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-11-16 22:39:13
Link | Citer | R

I'm glad to see you so positive in the least.

2017 has to be better than my 2016 because I don't have enough family members left alive to repeat this number of deaths lol
So there's clearly a phenomenon where people can't seem to rationalize the turnout Trump (record minorities) got with the fact that everyone says he's racist, sexist, homophobic, etc.

How does it become clear in your words?
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-11-17 00:32:31
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
This point gets made every election. As people get jobs they become less liberal.

I think historically the mix of 18-35 ppl are usually bluer.

As someone amasses more life experience their *** detector gets sharper and they start believing less and less in liberal fantasies. Reality is extremely harsh and therefor conservative, exposure to it tends to make someone conservative. With universities being giant *** factories and "safe spaces" where thought police rule, people don't start accumulating real world experience until after they graduate and settle into a career. They aren't really adults until about ten years after that's happened, so mid 30's.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-11-17 00:36:24
Link | Citer | R

So there's clearly a phenomenon where people can't seem to rationalize the turnout Trump (record minorities) got with the fact that everyone says he's racist, sexist, homophobic, etc.

Because Trump isn't racist, sexist or homophobic. He is extremely practical minded and doesn't allow Political Correctness to stop him from saying what most people already think. The media have colluded with the Democrat party to project a false image to the public in an attempt to shame and bully conservative voters into not voting. That effort backfired big as it only confirmed what those voters were thinking. Furthermore because there was so much suppression, there was no real possibility to collect data on how voters were feeling and thus the polls were so far from being correct.
[+]
 Phoenix.Xantavia
Serveur: Phoenix
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2016-11-17 01:35:10
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
Because Trump isn't racist, sexist or homophobic. He is extremely practical minded and doesn't allow Political Correctness to stop him from saying what most people already think.
I don't think mexicans are all criminals and drug dealers. I don't think you can just grab a woman because you are rich and famous. Trump has said these things. Are you saying it was just lip service to get to people to vote for him because they agree with those things?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-11-17 02:32:05
Link | Citer | R

As someone amasses more life experience their *** detector gets sharper and they start believing less and less in liberal fantasies. Reality is extremely harsh and therefor conservative, exposure to it tends to make someone conservative. With universities being giant *** factories and "safe spaces" where thought police rule, people don't start accumulating real world experience until after they graduate and settle into a career. They aren't really adults until about ten years after that's happened, so mid 30's.
I'm sure it makes you guys feel wiser and more mature but there's nothing to support this and no one has provided any evidence otherwise (surprise).
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-17 06:08:10
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

You (and Nausi) also forgot something importantly flawed with the guy's argument:

"Here is the election results if only millennials voted...."

Because, according to him, only millennials are important enough and able enough to decide the leadership of a nation. Those who, most, haven't even left their parent's houses yet.

Also, that's only if you take out the millennials who do not answer to polls because they were thought policed into silence and voted for Trump. Because I highly doubt that Texas would have went Blue, even if only millennials voted, because there's still a lot of conservative behavior and acceptance in universities in Texas. But the coastal elites wouldn't never figure that out.

Private schools are generally mixed with conservative and progressive thinkers. State schools, not so much, but Texas A&M is an exception to the rule.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-11-17 06:19:16
Link | Citer | R

If you're young and conservative, you've got no heart.

If you're old and liberal, you've got no brain.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-17 06:29:47
Link | Citer | R

That's incredibly close minded.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-17 06:32:01
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
That's incredibly close minded.
Except that is the arguments being made right now...on both sides.

Why else do you think that Clinton/Sanders were appeasing to the Millennials? Or Trump appeasing to the workers?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-11-17 06:43:43
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Xantavia said: »
Because Trump isn't racist, sexist or homophobic. He is extremely practical minded and doesn't allow Political Correctness to stop him from saying what most people already think.
I don't think mexicans are all criminals and drug dealers. I don't think you can just grab a woman because you are rich and famous. Trump has said these things. Are you saying it was just lip service to get to people to vote for him because they agree with those things?

Trump never said ALL Mexicans are racist. It did not happen. That is another straw man put forth by the MSM.

I've said far worse that "grab her by the pussy". People who aren't politicians don't spend their lives calculating everything they say for the PC speach code. Think JFK never said that? Embarrassing for sure but it's not like her stuck a cigar in an interns vagina while on the clock in the Oval Office
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-11-17 06:45:43
Link | Citer | R

I'm glad to see you so positive in the least.

2017 has to be better than my 2016 because I don't have enough family members left alive to repeat this number of deaths lol

How does it become clear in your words?
We all knew there was a minority in your nation of people that believed trump's campaign promises; That minority voted for him. And because of their locations, their vote mattered more than the majority. I don't think people are more susceptible to fearmongering as they get older or anything like that though.

Are you counting illegal immigrants in that majority? Cause I'm pretty sure there are millions of them that voted.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-11-17 06:46:47
Link | Citer | R

Rapists and murderers above not "racist"^^
By eliroo 2016-11-17 07:23:01
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Xantavia said: »

As Nausi said, Trump never said that they all are rapists. He said that a good majority of the illegal immigrants were. "They are sending us there worst". I still think the implication is pretty broad, but its not racist it would be xenophobist (word?).

Dave Chapelle even stuck up for Trump when the whole "Grab em" thing came about. I still don't agree with what Trump said or did but Chapelle basically said that as a Celebrity they want you to do that sort of stuff. It probably seems a lot worse to us because we aren't celebrities.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By eliroo 2016-11-17 07:33:19
Link | Citer | R

Also just to add to the conversation:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/nov/03/do-we-become-more-conservative-with-age-young-old-politics

I don't think this is 100% conclusive but three is correlation between age of a person and their views on politics. In the macro it generally makes much more sense anyway you just need to consider how people change with ages.

The reasoning isn't as ridiculous as Saevel said.

As we are younger we are more open to change and want to move society forward. We are also open to the government aiding us in our endeavors as we are typically going to be more poor and more in need of government assistance. As we get older we will end up relying on that less and actually want the government to be less involved in our lives and not take what we worked our life trying to getting. Older people will also be less susceptible to change and will be less likely to think progressively.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 61 62 63 ... 99 100 101