Random Politics & Religion #14

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #14
Random Politics & Religion #14
First Page 2 3 ... 58 59 60 ... 99 100 101
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-11-15 23:14:36
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
The problem is we tell people what to think their whole lives, like some religions/atheists or conservative/progressive upbringings endlessly condescending at each other but not giving the young the tools to be open minded.

The majority of humanity is very stupid sadly and just plain won't ever change their minds or even consider the fact someone manipulated them for years. So we end up here.

What's even better is you have different groups warning you about the methods the opposition will use to manipulate/hurt you, and you get so distracted by this perceived threat that you fail to realize that you've been manipulated into sharing their enemy and eventually end up sharing their views too. It's an easy yet insanely effective way to indoctrinate people, and once they've established the views as part of their identity, they're there for good (usually).

If you are suggesting that I sleep with the enemy...I'm willing to do it for the good of the country...
sleeping with HRC? thats crazy!

and disgusting

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-11-15 23:38:22
Link | Citer | R

A billion

I still wanna see how Star Wars ends
[+]
By fonewear 2016-11-15 23:42:12
Link | Citer | R

If sacrificing your life would save the lives of a specific number of strangers, how many strangers would need to be saved for you to willingly sacrifice your own life?

No I wouldn't give in to act utilitarianism.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-11-15 23:43:11
Link | Citer | R

Helping strangers is dangerous have you ever met a stranger they are messed up !

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-11-15 23:55:14
Link | Citer | R

I"m an amendment to be !

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Ramyrez 2016-11-16 07:16:58
Link | Citer | R

I think Trump's heart grew three sizes when he won the election:

We should be worried about a Pence presidency then, because unchecked cardiomegaly is no joke, son.
By Ramyrez 2016-11-16 07:19:22
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Just face it, liberalsDemocrats got Trump elected, because of their continual snubbing of the rest of the country.

Minor fix, but significant.

Let us not forget a significant number of people didn't want Hillary from the start. What staggers me is the amount of money and public support that Hillary had for her from traditionally Republican donors. And she still lost.

Hey, the system can still work, apparently.

Now we just need to fix the people using it.

***. That seems way harder.
By Ramyrez 2016-11-16 07:21:01
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Pfffft of arkansas... >.>

Please use the formal title for Arkanas' governor, Nik.

Chief Pimpbilly In Charge o' ***.
By Ramyrez 2016-11-16 07:28:23
Link | Citer | R

that only die hard junkies would care about.

What?

You mean like people so attached to a 15-year-old game that they keep talking about it on a third party website, some even after they've stopped playing the game itself, and then they turn the non-game portion of the website into some sort of extended community where they bicker and argue like it's a family reunion?

What kind of sick people would do that?
By Ramyrez 2016-11-16 07:30:58
Link | Citer | R

Apparently I've been misguided I don't know how tough white upper middle class women living in NYC have had it. I've read about 5 articles about how tough it is. I'm thinking of starting a kick starter to help the middle class white women.

Yeah, it's rough. Some of them even have to drive a little bit further than poor moms to make sure little Johnny can go to the charter/private school of his choice. They might as well be sailing on the River Styx towards Hades every day.

Also, I heard about a lady that has a mobile spray tan service come to her place twice a month, and one time the tan came out a little spotty. I don't even see what the point is in living in a situation like that.

Devil's advocate:

Those are definitely upper class problems, not middle!
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-11-16 08:15:19
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
that only die hard junkies would care about.

What?

You mean like people so attached to a 15-year-old game that they keep talking about it on a third party website, some even after they've stopped playing the game itself, and then they turn the non-game portion of the website into some sort of extended community where they bicker and argue like it's a family reunion?

What kind of sick people would do that?
I love you fam.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-16 08:35:31
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
Just because nausi doesn't understand anything,

hertz donut
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-16 08:38:30
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
[+]
By fonewear 2016-11-16 08:55:19
Link | Citer | R

The obsession with FFXI isn't unusual look at the NES craze. Here is a console that came out in 1985 and you can't even find it in stores. Everything in the past seems better than the present.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-16 08:56:55
Link | Citer | R

and NO it still isn't safe yet to log onto facebook, unless you enjoy the taste of other people's tears... holy crap people I'm going to revoke your membership to moveon.org for your stubborn inability to do so.

what's the current world record for crying like a bish? and has anyone called guinness book yet?
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-16 08:58:36
Link | Citer | R

4 Vic & company

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-16 09:02:23
Link | Citer | R

what's the current world record for crying like a bish? and has anyone called guinness book yet?
Currently, it's Occupy Wall Street.

That lasted for about 2 months before they were kicked off the lawn and had to go occupy somewhere else, in most cases a port-a-potty.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-16 09:16:42
Link | Citer | R

and NO it still isn't safe yet to log onto facebook, unless you enjoy the taste of other people's tears... holy crap people I'm going to revoke your membership to moveon.org for your stubborn inability to do so.

Seriously. I can understand being a little upset, but I've got people freaking out and making absurd contingency plans for things that Trump never said he would do and things that he has no authority to do in the first place.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-16 09:18:36
Link | Citer | R

Seriously. I can understand being a little upset, but I've got people freaking out and making absurd contingency plans for things that Trump never said he would do and things that he has no authority to do in the first place.

yeah I don't know who told them these things or why they chose to believe them...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-16 09:18:59
Link | Citer | R

Trump said he is double downing all of Obama's promises and going to take youze guns away.

That's what a liberal told me yesterday. I should believe them because they say that they are enlightened and know what's best for themselves this country better than everyone else.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-16 09:27:13
Link | Citer | R

yeah I don't know who told them these things or why they chose to believe them...

And let's face it, Trump has said some pretty outlandish things. But making emergency gay marriage plans and having your friends tell you don't bother because he's going to dissolve all of the marriages anyway? Or, better yet, him nuking any of our allies that make fun of him. Because, you know, he totally can do that anytime he wants and nobody can stop him.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-16 09:35:35
Link | Citer | R

I think there's a lot of fear right now in general.

Trump got elected on fear. Fear of foreigners. Fear of diminished classical American values. Fear of the regression of America as a "great nation" (let's be honest, the 'Make America Great Again' thing was always really suspect if you thought about it for two seconds).

And now that he's been elected on fear, people who disagree with him are fearing. And not without basis. Hate crimes against Muslims are up at a higher rate than before they were after 9/11.

I can't speak for FFXIAH's LGBT community, but I can tell you the friends and family I have in this category are worried. Unduly? Possibly. It's so hard to say, because Trump himself has sent conflicting messages by trying to whip up the Christian rhetorical fervor while still claiming he has no interest in taking already-decided issues to task...yet he also says he wants to allow for people to discriminate at will based on religion.

There's just confusion and uncertainty. And in that environment fear reigns. People wanted change. Well, they're going to get it...

...Maybe!

I dunno. I think Bernie said it best. I know no one is shocked to hear me say so.

Quote:
“If Mr. Trump in fact has the courage to take on Wall Street, to take on the drug companies, to try to go forward to create a better life for working people we will work with him on issue by issue,” he said. “But if his presidency is going to be about discrimination, if it’s going to be about scapegoating immigrants or scapegoating African Americans or Muslims, we will oppose him vigorously.”

The next question for Democrats, Sanders said, is to try to understand why their message is losing at the ballot box not just for the White House, but for state and local offices around the country -- and said the “liberal elite” and their focus on high-dollar fundraising plays a role.

“How does it happen that they win elections and Democrats lose?” he asked. “And I think what the conclusion is Democrats have focused too much with a liberal elite which is raising incredible sums of money from wealthy people in the upper middle class but has ignored to a very significant degree the working class and the middle class and low-income people in this country.”

Hillary gave those middle- and low-income families little reason to hope. She was too busy courting donors and voters that she already had. She was too busy having to defend her own questionable practices. Not to mention the whole "DNC trying to put Bernie down" bit.

She -- and, by extension, the DNC -- put themselves in the position of fighting a multi-faceted war both from outside and from within.

Whoops.

So the people who looked to her and the DNC to be their champions were disappointed. The people who looked to Trump -- for ANY reason -- were vindicated. For better or worse.

I'm hoping for the better. I don't expect it, but hey. That's just life in general, ain't it?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-16 09:38:29
Link | Citer | R

Trump said he is double downing all of Obama's promises and going to take youze guns away.

That's what a liberal told me yesterday. I should believe them because they say that they are enlightened and know what's best for themselves this country better than everyone else.
I'm utterly shocked you even talk to liberals in real life. Family member?
Sarcasm.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-16 09:40:26
Link | Citer | R

Let me rephrase that.

Yes, I do talk to liberals. I talk to them on a weekly basis (my sister is a closet liberal, she just doesn't want to admit it yet).

I also have a lot of family members who are liberals, mainly from my father's side. It's always annoying, talking to them at reunions.

But yes, unlike others here on both sides, I do talk to people on both sides and I understand why they think the way they think.

Post deleted by User.
By Ramyrez 2016-11-16 09:42:35
Link | Citer | R

I'm utterly shocked you even talk to liberals in real life. Family member?
Sarcasm.

SO YOU LIED!

Just like...
hertz donut

[+]

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 58 59 60 ... 99 100 101