Random Politics & Religion #14

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #14
Random Politics & Religion #14
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 99 100 101
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-01 15:00:37
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Mosin said: »
dig up a real candidate worth electing in 2020

Oswald Cobblepot?
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-01 15:01:33
Link | Citer | R

Hmm.... The Obamas and Elizabeth Warren have supposedly deleted years of tweets from Hillary Clinton, and Warren has unfollowed her.

Ouch.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-01 15:27:36
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
That was the joke!

I should change my avatar today!!!

Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-01 15:30:05
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Hmm.... The Obamas and Elizabeth Warren have supposedly deleted years of tweets from Hillary Clinton, and Warren has unfollowed her.

Ouch.
This might sound silly cause it's just twitter, but it might actually be sign of something much bigger...
By eliroo 2016-11-01 15:34:15
Link | Citer | R

I can't find any credible sources nor do I have an active Twitter account to check. But yea, like Seha said, it could easily mean something pretty big.

Apparently the 33k Emails were supposed to be leaked in 5 parts today from an unknown source on 4chan too, but that may have been a troll.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-01 15:38:46
Link | Citer | R

https://twitter.com/Stevenwhirsch99/status/793494007770910724/photo/1
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-01 15:39:56
Link | Citer | R

Ouch.
This might sound silly cause it's just twitter, but it might actually be sign of something much bigger...

I don't see how Warren would have any insight on the matter, but the Obamas? It's kinda weird to be jumping the gun like that when the FBI is talking about releasing a preliminary report later in the week. You would think that they would wait to snub her until more information is out.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-01 15:41:29
Link | Citer | R

Or maybe all that's happening is that she's gonna make a new account as "president Hillary" or something like that <_<
 Odin.Slore
Serveur: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-11-01 15:41:32
Link | Citer | R

Unless they know whats coming.
By eliroo 2016-11-01 15:44:44
Link | Citer | R

Well about a day ago there was news that his twitter account would be handed over the next president.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-01 15:46:42
Link | Citer | R

Nah, the timing of that is way too early. Obama wouldn't hand over the account until the day he leaves, and it doesn't explain the deletions.
By eliroo 2016-11-01 15:49:18
Link | Citer | R

I don't think we have just enough information to make that call. It very well be them working out the transition but I do agree that it seems too early.

That doesn't explain why warren would unfollow her.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-01 16:00:10
Link | Citer | R

abc news
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-01 16:06:29
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »

Yeah, and that poll even uses a 10-point Democrat party ID advantage.
By eliroo 2016-11-01 16:15:11
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, and that poll even uses a 10-point Democrat party ID advantage.

I think the advantage is used to reflect the population a bit more so I don't find it misleading.

Either way, it is really close now it seems.
 Phoenix.Xantavia
Serveur: Phoenix
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2016-11-01 16:22:09
Link | Citer | R

I have come to the terms that I have to be a good republican this time around and vote for Hillary. She'll no doubt be a terrible president, we gain more seats in the house in senate in two years, then can nominate anyone other than Trump and mop the floor with her in 4 yours. Trump is simply too big of a buffoon to represent republicans for 4 years at an international level, it will be disastrous to the GOP brand for decades.

I'm not with her, but I'll give her the rope to hang herself with.

that's my take at the moment anyway.
You remind me of an editorial I read in the paper today, and I felt it was really spot on. If Clinton wins, it is not her supporters she should thank. Instead, she should thank Trump for being worse than her and pushing republicans in her direction.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-11-01 16:23:57
Link | Citer | R

Ouch.

Last I checked Elizabeth Warren was doing a rain dance to help out the southern California drought !
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-01 16:44:06
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Phoenix.Xantavia said: »
I have come to the terms that I have to be a good republican this time around and vote for Hillary. She'll no doubt be a terrible president, we gain more seats in the house in senate in two years, then can nominate anyone other than Trump and mop the floor with her in 4 yours. Trump is simply too big of a buffoon to represent republicans for 4 years at an international level, it will be disastrous to the GOP brand for decades.

You remind me of an editorial I read in the paper today, and I felt it was really spot on. If Clinton wins, it is not her supporters she should thank. Instead, she should thank Trump for being worse than her and pushing republicans in her direction.
I was just contemplating this earlier actually.

Trump was one of the few candidates that she could face that would help her win. If anyone more logical, more politically capable or more reasonable/middle had ran instead of trump this year they would have easily beaten her.

Well, here's the weird thing about Trump. On one hand I'm inclined to believe you. On the other, Trump has a "Teflon" characteristic that is fairly unique in politics. Sure, Clinton has gotten away with quite a bit, but she has the media and many other insiders acting as shields. Any October surprise that rivaled what happened with Trump could have been used to destroy any other Republican, but his support barely budged in spite of massive hits from the media and fellow Republicans.

So yeah, he provided the Dems with more ammo, but he also went into battle with better armor. Is it an overall wash with how it would have been with a different Republican candidate? Hard to say.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-01 16:47:56
Link | Citer | R

I'd say Clinton's biggest shield has been Trump himself.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-01 18:18:31
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Xantavia said: »

It reminds me I need to kick John Kasich in the balls until I vomit from the pain in my foot. Buncha traitors! Love Trump and let him grope your womens!
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-01 18:22:33
Link | Citer | R

Love Trump and let him grope your womens!
Can he even grope well with those tiny hands though?
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-11-01 19:28:20
Link | Citer | R

Judge orders RNC to detail voter fraud pacts with Trump campaign
Politico

Long and complex, openers:
Quote:
A federal judge is ordering the Republican National Committee to detail any agreements it has with Donald Trump's campaign to engage in "ballot security" efforts in connection with next week's election — something the national GOP has been banned from doing for decades without court approval.

The order also instructs the RNC to explain by 5 p.m. Tuesday what Trump campaign manager Kellyanne Conway and GOP vice presidential nominee Mike Pence were talking about in recent comments when they said that Trump's campaign was working closely with the RNC to make sure there is no fraud at the polls.

Newark, N.J.-based U.S. District Court John Vazquez issued the order Monday after the Democratic National Committee went to court last week to allege that the RNC was violating consent decrees from the 1980s settling a case alleging that GOP pollwatchers sought to intimidate minority voters in a practice then known as "caging."

The agreements allow the RNC to organize pollwatchers, but prohibit any effort to intimidate voters as they enter a polling place or to challenge individual voters, except as part of a program approved in advance by the court....
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-11-01 20:42:32
Link | Citer | R

Love Trump and let him grope your womens!
Can he even grope well with those tiny hands though?

Didn't slow down the Yokai.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-11-01 20:56:47
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Judge orders RNC to detail voter fraud pacts with Trump campaign
Politico

Long and complex, openers:
Quote:
A federal judge is ordering the Republican National Committee to detail any agreements it has with Donald Trump's campaign to engage in "ballot security" efforts in connection with next week's election — something the national GOP has been banned from doing for decades without court approval.

The order also instructs the RNC to explain by 5 p.m. Tuesday what Trump campaign manager Kellyanne Conway and GOP vice presidential nominee Mike Pence were talking about in recent comments when they said that Trump's campaign was working closely with the RNC to make sure there is no fraud at the polls.

Newark, N.J.-based U.S. District Court John Vazquez issued the order Monday after the Democratic National Committee went to court last week to allege that the RNC was violating consent decrees from the 1980s settling a case alleging that GOP pollwatchers sought to intimidate minority voters in a practice then known as "caging."

The agreements allow the RNC to organize pollwatchers, but prohibit any effort to intimidate voters as they enter a polling place or to challenge individual voters, except as part of a program approved in advance by the court....
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-11-01 22:13:12
Link | Citer | R

Donald Trump Campaign Owes Pollster $767,000
Newsweek

Yep he stiffed someone again.
Quote:
Donald Trump’s campaign owes a pollster more than three quarters of a million dollars, according to Federal Election Commission (FEC) records. As The Washington Post first reported Monday, the FEC lists a polling expense of $766,756.67 by Donald J. Trump for President, Inc. as a contested debt. The recipient is listed as the research and consulting firm Fabrizio, Lee and Associates, Inc. The Trump campaign hired pollster and Republican strategist Tony Fabrizio in May.

“This is an administrative issue that we're resolving internally,” Jason Miller, a senior communications adviser for the Trump campaign, told the Post.

As the Post notes, Trump has previously faced accusations that he has failed to pay vendors and contractors. The Wall Street Journal described this as a pattern, citing court filings in 33 states and interviews with former business associates who said he owed them money, including a chandelier shop, a curtain maker and a lawyer. USA Today put the number of people who claim Trump stiffed them in the hundreds.

The Republican presidential nominee has defended his sometimes not paying people for work, telling USA Today, “Let’s say that they do a job that’s not good, or a job that they didn’t finish, or a job that was way late. I’ll deduct from their contract, absolutely. That’s what the country should be doing.”

Trump has displayed this attitude at several campaign rallies, such as when he said he wouldn’t pay for services because the lights were too bright or the microphone didn’t work. “I believe in paying, but when somebody does a bad job like this stupid mic, you shouldn’t pay,” he said at a campaign event in January. “And you gotta be tough with your people because they’ll pay, they don’t care. They’ll pay. So we’re not going to pay. I guarantee I’m not paying for this mic.”

Before joining the Trump campaign, Fabrizio worked as a pollster for the presidential campaigns of Senator Bob Dole, Governor Rick Perry and Senator Rand Paul, as well as for many other politicians.

Citing federal filings, the Post said the Trump campaign did not pay Fabrizio until September, months after it hired him, and that the campaign owes the firm $55,300 in addition to the contested debt.

A representative for Fabrizio, Lee and Associates did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-01 22:18:37
Link | Citer | R

What's wrong with not paying for work not done?

Politico doesn't even show the whole story at all.

But hey, if we are going to start this, why not go full throttle then?

HRC owes me $1,000,000 because I didn't say anything bad about her this whole weekend. Doesn't matter one bit if we never made an agreement or anything, according to the WP, Politico, and USA Today, that doesn't matter, she stiffed me!

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-01 22:46:55
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
KN what are you doing?
You are defending Donald trump's finances.

You're worlds above wasting your time on this crap man.
A) Nice strawman. I never mentioned Trump's financials at all.

B) Do you pay for things you never received?
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 99 100 101