Random Politics & Religion #14

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #14
Random Politics & Religion #14
First Page 2 3 ... 44 45 46 ... 99 100 101
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-12 04:59:09
Link | Citer | R

Found on an article a quote I liked a lot
Quote:
I don't fear Trump. I fear the way he's become president.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-11-12 09:00:22
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Found on an article a quote I liked a lot
Quote:
I don't fear Trump. I fear the way he's become president.

He should have just bullied half of the electorate into silence by calling them bigots, sexists, homophobes, and xenophobes that will, in fact, also start nuclear war. Then three weeks before the election they should have hired women to accuse her of rape. Then Trump should have hired protesters to go incite violence at Hillary's rallies dressed as Bernie Sanders' supporters. You know, a good positive campaign like that.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-11-12 10:19:03
Link | Citer | R

Paul Ryan Says Medicare Privatization Is On
New York Magazine

And so it starts....
Quote:
During the campaign, coverage of the issues was blotted out by coverage of Hillary Clinton’s emails and Donald Trump’s broad suite of sociopathic tendencies. And of the issues that did receive any attention, a conspicuously missing one was Paul Ryan’s plan to push Medicare beneficiaries into private health insurance. Reporters just assumed that, since Trump never talked about it, it won’t happen. But Paul Ryan still wants it to happen. And in a Fox News interview with Bret Baier, Ryan said Medicare privatization is on.

“Your solution has always been to put things together, including entitlement reform,” says Baier, using Republican code for privatizing Medicare. Ryan replies, “If you’re going to repeal and replace Obamacare, you have to address those issues as well. … Medicare has got some serious issues because of Obamacare. So those things are part of our plan to replace Obamacare.”

Ryan tells Baier, “Because of Obamacare, Medicare is going broke.” This is false. In fact, it’s the complete opposite of the truth. The Medicare trust fund has been extended 11 years as a result of the passage of Obamacare, whose cost reforms have helped bring health care inflation to historic lows. It is also untrue that repealing Obamacare requires changing traditional Medicare. But Ryan clearly believes he needs to make this claim in order to sell his plan, or probably even to convince fellow Republicans to support it.
I realize I am the only one here that this is personal RTFM for.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-11-12 10:49:03
Link | Citer | R

Let's give some love to KellyAnne Conway for being the first woman to run a successful Presidential Campaign!

#breakingtheglassceiling
[+]
By Bloodrose 2016-11-12 10:57:30
Link | Citer | R

She had a rough time running the campaign, and keeping this on track, but admittedly, she was ultimately successful.

Kudos on her.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-11-12 11:21:36
Link | Citer | R

In other news, 43+ dead in an explosion in Pakistan during a religious ceremony Shah Noorani shrine. ISIS claims they carried out the bombing
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-12 11:22:01
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Paul Ryan Says Medicare Privatization Is On
New York Magazine

And so it starts....
Quote:
During the campaign, coverage of the issues was blotted out by coverage of Hillary Clinton’s emails and Donald Trump’s broad suite of sociopathic tendencies. And of the issues that did receive any attention, a conspicuously missing one was Paul Ryan’s plan to push Medicare beneficiaries into private health insurance. Reporters just assumed that, since Trump never talked about it, it won’t happen. But Paul Ryan still wants it to happen. And in a Fox News interview with Bret Baier, Ryan said Medicare privatization is on.

“Your solution has always been to put things together, including entitlement reform,” says Baier, using Republican code for privatizing Medicare. Ryan replies, “If you’re going to repeal and replace Obamacare, you have to address those issues as well. … Medicare has got some serious issues because of Obamacare. So those things are part of our plan to replace Obamacare.”

Ryan tells Baier, “Because of Obamacare, Medicare is going broke.” This is false. In fact, it’s the complete opposite of the truth. The Medicare trust fund has been extended 11 years as a result of the passage of Obamacare, whose cost reforms have helped bring health care inflation to historic lows. It is also untrue that repealing Obamacare requires changing traditional Medicare. But Ryan clearly believes he needs to make this claim in order to sell his plan, or probably even to convince fellow Republicans to support it.
I realize I am the only one here that this is personal RTFM for.

It's much like the lie that the Social Security Trust fund is going broke when it brings in about 2T/yr pays out about 1.2T/yr and then purchases 800B in government bonds yearly and is the largest holder of Americas debt.

If they'd at least say SSI can bankrupt America if it collected on it's debt; the dialogue wouldn't be all doom and gloom. This would require politicians and pundits to be truthful though.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-11-12 11:22:31
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Nigeria has launched an investigation into reports alleging that government officials raped and sexually abused women and girls who survived Boko Haram violence.
The move comes after Human Rights Watch published a report detailing accounts by dozens of women and girls who said they were sexually abused or coerced into sex.

The women said they were raped or abused by camp leaders, vigilante group members, policemen and soldiers at camps in Borno State's capital, Maiduguri. The camps were set up to offer aid to people displaced by fighting in Nigeria's northeast.
Nigeria's Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, has set up a special team "to immediately commence thorough Investigation into all cases of alleged sexual abuses, exploitation, harassments, gender-based violence and professional misconduct," a statement from the inspector general's office said Thursday.

Some of the victims had escaped captivity by terror group Boko Haram, only to become victims at the camps where they sought refuge, the rights group said. Many of the women were impregnated by their abusers at the camps. Several victims were drugged before they were raped.
The inspector general called on HRW to make available to the investigation team any additional information about the 43 cases of abuse featured in the report that could assist the police inquiry.
He has taken measures to beef up security at the camps and said any acts that violate the human dignity of displaced people by individuals or groups in the camps or anywhere in the country will be handled in accordance with the law, according to the statement.

Following the HRW report, Borno State Gov. Kashim Shettima has revealed plans to request law enforcement agencies to deploy female and male undercover detectives to all camps for internally displaced people in Borno State "to spy on culprits and bring them to book," according to a statement from his office.
"Sadly and very sadly indeed, the (Internally Displaced People) camps have become avenues that horrible stories of sexual slavery, prostitution rings, drug peddling and other social vices are emanating from," the governor said.
"Sexual harassment of female IDPs is a desperate situation," he said. "None of us would fold arms if his or her daughter is in position to be sexually harassed, so we must act now."

Dubbed the world's deadliest terror group, Boko Haram has launched attacks in northern Nigeria and surrounding areas for years.
More than 20,000 people have been killed since 2009 when the conflict began. Nearly 2.5 million have been displaced.
Boko Haram, which in the local Hausa language means "western education is sin," wants to institute a strict form of Sharia law in Nigeria.
Its mass abductions and attacks on soft targets, including schools, mosques and churches, have prompted stark international condemnation.
 Valefor.Omnys
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-11-12 12:44:16
Link | Citer | R

How you doing today P&R?

Found this gem last night before bed. White Privilege Abounds in Late-Night Television's Response to Trump's Victory

As so many journalist have pointed out, liberals making people afraid to express any difference of opinion--big or small--doesn't actually change people's opinion (the most radical, outspoken liberals are very Agree with me 100% or You're the enemy).

This person just isn't getting that.

I don't mean to imply all liberals are like this, and the politicians actually aren't publicly, because they want more than just the most hardcore liberal vote.

Suppressing opinions and thought only incites resentment in people and yeah you might get them to shutup until they get to places they can express themselves anonymously (like say, The Internet and Voting)

All of this kind of applies to conservatives too, but the right wing is actually criticized non-stop when they try this.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-11-12 12:47:14
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Let's give some love to KellyAnne Conway for being the first woman to run a successful Presidential Campaign!

#breakingtheglassceiling

More credit to her for the campaign she wrangled. I'm sure she had to feel like she was playing Chris Pratt's part in Jurassic World at times.

I have to wonder how many times they honestly begged him to shut-the-hockeysticks-up.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-11-12 14:39:23
Link | Citer | R

Trump Backs Away From Major Pledges
Gingrich says wall promise was 'campaign device'

Quote:
(Newser) – Donald Trump has only been president-elect of the United States for a few days but some of his biggest campaign promises are already looking shaky—including his promise to repeal ObamaCare. Failure to deliver on pledges like the border wall could alienate some of his "most fervent supporters," though Trump has previously backed away from hardline positions only to return to them later, the Washington Post reports. A round-up of coverage:

Prominent Trump aide Newt Gingrich told reporters Thursday Trump's promise to have Mexico pay for a border wall may have been just a "campaign talk." "He'll spend a lot of time controlling the border," said Gingrich, who is expected to have a senior role in Trump's White House. "He may not spend very much time trying to get Mexico to pay for it, but it was a great campaign device."

Trump, whose supporters chanted "Lock her up" at campaign rallies, has softened his tone on Hillary Clinton considerably, the Guardian reports. In a 60 Minutes interview that will air Sunday, he described his former rival as a "very strong and very smart" woman who conceded in a "lovely" phone call. "She couldn’t have been nicer. She just said 'congratulations Donald, well done,'" said Trump. He said Bill Clinton also called, and he "couldn't have been more gracious." In a Wall Street Journal interview, Trump said he hadn't given a lot of thought to his promise to have a special prosecutor investigate Hillary Clinton.

The Times of Israel reports that Trump foreign policy adviser Walid Phares cast doubt on several Trump policies in an interview with BBC radio, saying that Trump might not move the US Embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem without "consensus," and that "ripping it up" might be too strong a term for what Trump plans to do with the Iran nuclear deal. He "will take the agreement, review it, send it to Congress, demand from the Iranians to restore a few issues or change a few issues, and there will be a discussion," Phares said.

Politico looks at the Trump team's efforts to vet Cabinet nominees and plan for his first 100 days, and finds that the man who pledged to "drain the swamp" is assembling a team full of GOP insiders, lobbyists, and people with close ties to Wall Street. Some top members of the Trump transition team served in both Bush administrations.

CNN notes that Trump's suggestion that he will keep parts of ObamaCare goes against his pledge to immediately repeal and replace the law, but much earlier in the campaign, he expressed support for keeping popular parts of the law—and even suggested he would be open to universal health care. "Everybody's got to be covered. This is an un-Republican thing for me to say," he told CBS last year. "I am going to take care of everybody. I don't care if it costs me votes or not. Everybody's going to be taken care of much better than they're taken care of now."

Trump hasn't provided many concrete policy details since his win, but he's still promising great things. "This will prove to be a great time in the lives of ALL Americans. We will unite and we will win, win, win!" he tweeted Saturday.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-12 14:43:30
Link | Citer | R

Trump said he hadn't given a lot of thought to his promise to have a special prosecutor investigate Hillary Clinton.
Much like all the other things he says lol.
Trump: the man without a plan!

He sure demonstrated people can succeed at things even while just improvising as they go!
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-12 15:17:15
Link | Citer | R

He sure demonstrated people can succeed at things even while just improvising as they go!

Is that really the take away though?

Bigly Lucky ***

I almost want to call it a blind stupid luck but it's way more than that... it's almost a blind midas' touch....or his mom was banged by zeus, or perhaps one of the lesser gods, or something and was granted powers in his hair which is just one really long piece and he will always have his powers so long as it isn't cut....

and his magical power is He can grant wishes for himself and all he has to do is say something really really stupid.

Think about the odds. vegas had it at +3oo meaning for every hundred dollars you bet you would win 300 or 3-1 odds

fewer people voted for trump than romney in 2012. he should have lost

hillary should have blown him so far out of the water that he would have emptied the pool when he landed.

BUT 15 million americans woke up tuesday and decided not to vote at all.

what the hell kind of twisted luck do you call that?

of all the years, of all the elections, donald trump, a life long democrat woke up one morning and decided one day to run as a republican for the highest office because banana and won

he *** won. what are the odds? what were the odds when he first announced and why didn't I bet every dollar I had
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-12 15:28:15
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »

Is that really the take away though?

Bigly Lucky ***

I almost want to call it a blind stupid luck but it's way more than that... it's almost a blind midas' touch....or his mom was banged by zeus, or perhaps one of the lesser gods, or something and was granted powers in his hair which is just one really long piece and he will always have his powers so long as it isn't cut....

and his magical power is He can grant wishes for himself and all he has to do is say something really really stupid.

Think about the odds. vegas had it at +3oo meaning for every hundred dollars you bet you would win 300 or 3-1 odds

fewer people voted for trump than romney in 2012. he should have lost

hillary should have blown him so far out of the water that he would have emptied the pool when he landed.

BUT 15 million americans woke up tuesday and decided not to vote at all.

what the hell kind of twisted luck do you call that?

of all the years, of all the elections, donald trump, a life long democrat woke up one morning and decided one day to run as a republican for the highest office because banana and won

he *** won. what are the odds? what were the odds when he first announced and why didn't I bet every dollar I had

Or maybe it's simply he's a New York "confidence man" and knows a sucker is born every minute.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-12 15:40:13
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Or maybe it's simply he's a New York "confidence man" and knows a sucker is born every minute.

that might explain the sixty million that voted for him...
or they are just loyal republicans that voted for him because of the (R) after his name on the ballot.

but it still doesn't explain the win.

20% of registered democrats that have voted before in presidential elections and everyone expected would vote this year didn't

who are they and why didn't they vote for the first woman president?

one out of every five people throwing rocks at the protests, crying at the cry-in, petting support puppies brought in on an emergancy basis to mend their broken hearts ARE LYING

They didn't vote at all.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-11-12 16:05:57
Link | Citer | R

Try about 5 every second.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
Serveur: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-11-12 16:17:55
Link | Citer | R

Or maybe people actually support his stances and are tired of the PC whiney culture of current America
[+]
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-11-12 16:42:38
Link | Citer | R

______     ______    _____     __      __   __  
|      \\  /_   _//  /  ___||  | ||     \ \\/ // 
|  --   //   -| ||-  | // __    | ||      \ ` //  
|  --  \\   _| ||_  | \\_\ ||  | ||__     | ||   
|______//  /_____//  \____//   |____//    |_||   
`------`   `-----`    `---`    `----`     `-`'   

Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-12 16:48:42
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Slore said: »
Or maybe people actually support his stances and are tired of the PC whiney culture of current America

That's a great narrative bro...but the numbers don't back it up.

Unless you are saying fifteen million people conspired to silently support trump by not voting for Hillary.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
Serveur: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-11-12 17:25:03
Link | Citer | R

He won didn't he? I don't care if he won by 3 votes, a win is a win.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2016-11-12 17:53:15
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By fonewear 2016-11-12 17:53:46
Link | Citer | R

I'm starting to miss Lordgrim can Trump give a pardon so he can post in FFXIAH again ?
By fonewear 2016-11-12 18:03:57
Link | Citer | R

Try about 5 every second.
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-12 19:12:56
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »

that might explain the sixty million that voted for him...
or they are just loyal republicans that voted for him because of the (R) after his name on the ballot.

but it still doesn't explain the win.

20% of registered democrats that have voted before in presidential elections and everyone expected would vote this year didn't

who are they and why didn't they vote for the first woman president?

one out of every five people throwing rocks at the protests, crying at the cry-in, petting support puppies brought in on an emergancy basis to mend their broken hearts ARE LYING

They didn't vote at all.

Could also be attributed to there being less places to cast a ballot due to recent ruling that weakened voter protection rights?

https://www.thenation.com/article/the-gops-attack-on-voting-rights-was-the-most-under-covered-story-of-2016/
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-12 20:45:44
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Slore said: »
He won didn't he? I don't care if he won by 3 votes, a win is a win.

Ummm.... The how and why are kind of important. .. but if you don't care I'm certainly not going to make you.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-12 21:42:28
Link | Citer | R

There's a lot of talk about his cabinet picks... for him not having picked a cabinet yet. He's being raked over the coals for not fulfilling campaign promises... and he doesn't even enter office for over two more months. Apparently keeping a couple popular provisions in Obamacare means he's broken his promise to repeal it, even though those same provisions have been a part of every Republican Obamacare repeal plan.

The media is grasping at straws so hard that their grip strength would make a mountain climber blush. If you're so confident that he's going to screw up so bad, well, how about we wait until he actually does instead of condemning him based on speculation and 3rd party comments?
[+]
By Viciouss 2016-11-12 22:17:32
Link | Citer | R

Its not the media, people are really upset that Priebus is being considered, and is likely going to be the pick to be chief of staff. His whole campaign promise was to "drain the swamp," and Priebus is the polar opposite of that.
Also among candidates are as I lamented earlier, Newt Gingrich, career politician and sexual predator, Rudy Giulani, career politican, Chris Christie (although Bridgegate is coming back and biting him), career politician. The only outsider name I have heard is Ben Carson getting some token position.
He ran on a "platform" of upending Washington and so far all he has done is backed off his promises.
First Page 2 3 ... 44 45 46 ... 99 100 101