Random Politics & Religion #14

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #14
Random Politics & Religion #14
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 99 100 101
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-11 09:14:25
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Candlejack said: »
Wake up this morning, read the news, someone's started a petition to the Electoral College to obey the popular vote and give the post to Hillary instead of Trump and it's already past 500,000 signatures.
Not going to happen, as nearly all of those signatures come from people in states that will be voting for Clinton anyway.

Oh no, guys. Less than 1% of all people who voted for Clinton took the time to sign a petition saying the popular vote should decide elections. We have no choice but to change the Constitution now.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-11-11 09:22:14
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Candlejack said: »
Wake up this morning, read the news, someone's started a petition to the Electoral College to obey the popular vote and give the post to Hillary instead of Trump and it's already past 500,000 signatures.
Not going to happen, as nearly all of those signatures come from people in states that will be voting for Clinton anyway.

Oh no, guys. Less than 1% of all people who voted for Clinton took the time to sign a petition saying the popular vote should decide elections. We have no choice but to change the Constitution now.
Yet you seem to jump on the opportunity to crucify all liberals for the recent riots by an extreme minority of the base... lol...

On the topic of the riots though these people need to wake the *** up... they're out there portraying the very attitude they claim they're against... even the ones that aren't getting violent need to keep the others under control or they're just becoming complicit... jesus people...
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-11 09:28:15
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Yet you seem to jump on the opportunity to crucify all liberals for the recent riots by an extreme minority of the base... lol...

Absolutely. I totally said all liberals. Which is why I went out of my way to say that the way the violent protestors are going about this
Quote:
completely steals the spotlight from peaceful protesters who might actually make your cause look good

/slowclap

On the topic of the riots though these people need to wake the *** up... they're out there portraying the very attitude they claim they're against... even the ones that aren't getting violent need to keep the others under control or they're just becoming complicit... jesus people...

This makes perfect sense, though.
[+]
By Zerowone 2016-11-11 09:31:39
Link | Citer | R

Yes they need to stop. All their doing is justifying and validating whatever potential deplorable policy and treatment they fear is coming their way.

Sometimes I hope he turns out to be demagogue and a dictator just to see if all the 2nd amendment Yahoos are more than just talk.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-11 09:36:51
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Fat chance amirite?
Damn even chances are fat in America..
[+]
By fonewear 2016-11-11 09:37:50
Link | Citer | R

Zerowone said: »
Yes they need to stop. All their doing is justifying and validating whatever potential deplorable policy and treatment they fear is coming their way.

Sometimes I hope he turns out to be demagogue and a dictator just to see if all the 2nd amendment Yahoos are more than just talk.

You don't want to test an armed nation. Things will go bad quickly !
By fonewear 2016-11-11 09:38:30
Link | Citer | R

If you test an armed nation you might possibly have Lordgrim as the next President. I'm sure he is armed.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-11 09:43:30
Link | Citer | R

On the topic of the riots

Meh...They'll tucker themselves out eventually... then we'll call the claim adjusters... it's no biggie.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-11 09:48:46
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »

Yeah my AR-15 will totally even the odds against the M1A1 with golden bedazzled "TRUMP" emblazoned on its side patrolling my neighborhood while supported by platinum plated Trump combat drones.
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-11-11 09:50:41
Link | Citer | R

The Iraqis had no problem taking out abrams with some copper and explosives.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-11-11 09:56:21
Link | Citer | R

Yeah my AR-15 will totally even the odds against the M1A1 with golden bedazzled "TRUMP" emblazoned on its side patrolling my neighborhood while supported by platinum plated Trump combat drones.

Yes because soldiers are just generic mook robots that exist only for some charismatic camera friendly hero to shoot.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-11 10:00:35
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Mosin said: »
The Iraqis had no problem taking out abrams with some copper and explosives.

Most Americans have trouble with chemistry and engineering though.
By Zerowone 2016-11-11 10:02:50
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »

Yes because soldiers are just generic mook robots that exist only for some charismatic camera friendly hero to shoot.

Just like how every person protesting is either a whiny liberal who can't except reality or a professional protestor?
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-11 10:05:17
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »

[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-11 10:08:58
Link | Citer | R

Meanwhile the ever-lovable Juncker in one of his famous very diplomatic comments said the EU will have to waste to years only to explain the world to Trump.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-11 10:09:36
Link | Citer | R

Just like how ...

/kanye interupts... Hey! does anyone have any good (and short <5 min clip) riot footage of protestors eating tear gas and getting billyclubbed? hook me up!!!
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-11-11 10:18:43
Link | Citer | R

Like most of us here I thought impeachment talk was pure BS. Seems not so. Improbable yes, BS? Not so fast...

Donald Trump could be impeached within weeks, claims legal professor

Many have expressed hope that they will be able to remove Donald Trump from power through legal proceedings

Independent

Quote:
Donald Trump could be impeached within weeks, according to at least one legal professor.

There is a strong case for the beginning of legal proceedings that would stop Donald Trump from being president, says law professor Christopher Peterson.

A paper from Professor Peterson says that there is ample evidence to charge the new President-elect with crimes that would see him potentially being removed from office.

Professor Peterson’s analysis was written in September, before Mr Trump became president. But the argument makes it applies after the election, too.

The paper revolves primarily around Trump University, the school that the President-elect set up and then closed down in 2010. It faces numerous lawsuits – one of which will see Mr Trump take the witness stand in coming weeks – and argues that Mr Trump’s behaviour laid out in those lawsuits could be grounds for lawmakers to impeach their new President.

At the very least, the problems will cast a shadow over Mr Trump’s status as President-elect and then as President, Professor Peterson says.

“In the United States, it is illegal for businesses to use false statements to convince consumers to purchase their services,” explained Peterson. “The evidence indicates that Trump University used a systemic pattern of fraudulent representations to trick thousands of families into investing in a program that can be argued was a sham. Fraud and racketeering are serious crimes that legally rise to the level of impeachable acts.”

Actually having Donald Trump impeached requires a whole new set of processes. Public opinion and that of lawmakers must turn against the president, since the proceedings must begin with the House of Representatives.

If Donald Trump were impeached, it’s likely that his Vice-President, Mike Pence, would take over to lead the country.

Petitions have already been created asking that Donald Trump be removed from office.

“Donald Trump has won the 2016 presidential election,” write the creators of a petition posted online under the title ‘Impeach Donald J Trump’. “It is clear something is wrong here if an openly homophobic, racist, xenophobic and sexist individual can become the most powerful man in the world.”

Just that petition has been signed tens of thousands of times and is addressed at the US Congress, the US House of Representatives, Barack Obama and “The People of the United States”.

“Make it clear you do not want this man leading our free nation. Donald Trump as POTUS is a danger to the entire world,” the authors write. “By signing this petition you are taking your stance and requesting the immediate impeachment of Donald Trump - to remove his position as President of the United States of America.”

Most impeachments have been for behavior committed while in office. But it does appear to be possible that a President could be impeached for issues that arose before they actually came into the White House.
Anyone want to calculate the odds?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-11 10:19:20
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-11 10:21:02
Link | Citer | R

for everyone still feeling the sting ...

I have a music theory that may not be unique... but here goes.

"horrible" republican presidents = good music

Nixon -The Stooges and the birth of punk, Black Sabbath and the birth of metal, The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars.

Reagan - Hardcore Punk, Gangster Rap NWA, Public Enemy ect.

The more hated the presidetn is the bigger and better the backlash in creativity specifically in music is...

so....Yes maybe some people will be dragged out of their homes BUT

we should at least get some good tunes out of it....

hey what do you want from me!? I'm evil!
[+]
By fonewear 2016-11-11 10:22:50
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »

I could have eaten those bald eagles !
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-11 10:23:03
Link | Citer | R

For the people who don't believe about the professional protester accusation

Excerpt to take into consideration:

Quote:
A march and demonstration against Trump at Trump Tower essentially fizzled Saturday when only 500 “protesters” of the promised 5000 showed up. Infiltrating the crowd, I learned most were from MoveOn or the Occupy movement. Soap was definitely in short supply in this crowd. Several admitted answering a Craig’s list ad paying $16.00 an hour for protesters.

Just the act of answering the call to be paid as a protester shows that there is an occupation out there called "professional protester."

It really wouldn't be hard to believe that those "volunteer protesters" that went to Trump rallies by the direction of the Clinton campaign were reimbursed for their time and efforts....
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-11-11 10:23:14
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Just like how ...
/kanye interupts... Hey! does anyone have any good (and short <5 min clip) riot footage of protestors eating tear gas and getting billyclubbed? hook me up!!!
Here you go:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By fonewear 2016-11-11 10:24:28
Link | Citer | R

Sadly police today aren't allowed to fight back. What's a riot if there is no blood ?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-11 10:24:31
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
First they have to find something that Trump did that was illegal in office, instead of making ***up before he is even sworn in.

Unless you want to go the extreme-left route and call everyone who doesn't agree with you traitors and try them on treason charges for breathing.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-11 10:24:49
Link | Citer | R

With a Republican Congress? Extremely slim to none.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-11 10:25:00
Link | Citer | R

Sadly police today aren't allowed to fight back. What's a riot if there is no blood ?
An occupation.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-11 10:26:27
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

With a Republican Congress? Extremely slim to none.
To expand:

If the Republican Congress, for the past 6 years, couldn't accuse Obama of any crimes and gotten him impeached, what are the chances they would do the same to Trump?
[+]
By fonewear 2016-11-11 10:26:42
Link | Citer | R

If you care so much about your stance protests let's see some battle scars to prove it. Any person can shout and hold a sign. I want to see you fight a cop and tell me how it goes !
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 99 100 101