Random Politics & Religion #14

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #14
Random Politics & Religion #14
First Page 2 3 ... 33 34 35 ... 99 100 101
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-10 17:20:00
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
"does it work" is the wrong way of taking it. Not everything from media is a manipulation attempt of the public opinion, sometimes(most often) it's just communication.

*Looks at the U.S. media*

*Looks back at your post*

Yeaaahhhh, no. Sorry. Not anymore.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-10 17:21:47
Link | Citer | R

Those articles exist worldwide, from papers that have no horse in the race.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
Serveur: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-11-10 17:40:51
Link | Citer | R

Candlejack said: »
Ramyrez said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Would then he be guilty of treason, or is he already guilty of it now?

Trump seems like the kind of guy that, as president, is going to commit treason by pure accident.

Like, he's gonna wake up, stroll into the Oval Office in his silk boxers and dress socks still on from the night before and call up Vladimir to talk about their next golf game except he'll forget it's a video phone and he's got the laptop with top secret info open right behind him.
So, Ramy, you're saying just settle down, watch, and wait because he'll surely hang'imself one way or another? That just might be interesting. It'd prove repubs can't be trusted with the presidency, at least.

And what would you say CJ if he turns out to be one of the best Presidents ever? Give the guy a damn chance will ya.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2016-11-10 17:41:34
Link | Citer | R

Actually, it just means that trump can't be trusted with the presidency.

Republicans, as much as you hate and scorn them, are made up of people. new generations of people.

Just like the Democrats.

This "US V Them" ***has to stop, or it'll somehow lead to an even worse election cycle than this one.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-11-10 17:42:38
Link | Citer | R

Given that it says "The Opinion Pages" at the top in bold, I'm not seeing the manipulative part. Whiny, yes, but it's not being passed off as anything else. Wasn't there a free speech conversation going on in here yesterday?
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-10 17:49:47
Link | Citer | R

CJ is the liberal version of KN *facepalm*
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-10 17:50:13
Link | Citer | R

While on one hand I respect the give him a chance rhetoric, on the other it seems exceptionally ironic.
By Zerowone 2016-11-10 17:53:13
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
In good news PS4 pro came out today and it does seem to make a frame rate difference. I think at least !

Better news, NES classic releases tomorrow.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-11-10 17:53:30
Link | Citer | R

Bloodrose said: »
This "US V Them" ***has to stop, or it'll somehow lead to an even worse election cycle than this one.

This so much is what people should be afraid of. Based on ratings, politics has become no better than a drama series and people--real people--can't take it.

The thing is, I can't even imagine how it could be worse, but it will be and that scares the sheep out of me.

The garbage is tearing people apart.

Colbert nailed that

Quote:
"The people who designed our democracy didn't want us in it all the time. Informed, yes. Politicking all the time, I don't think so. ... They designed an election that was meant to confuse us and bore us a little bit. That's why the Electoral College exists. And C-SPAN. And the State of the Union begins with 20 minutes of shaking hands with grandpas. But now politics is everywhere and that takes up precious brain space that we could be using to remember all the things we actually have in common."

And yes, I know, he's as guilty as anyone for the participation.

At the end of the show, he clearly didn't get what he wanted but he rose above other tv personalities (pundits, consultants, news anchors).
[+]
By fonewear 2016-11-10 17:58:03
Link | Citer | R

We don't have anything in common. I bet you if you put the people on this website in a room. They would be bitching about some trivial difference after about 15 minutes.

Dudebro 1 Blue mage is over powered.

Dudebro 2. Not it's not blue mage is just right.

And the pointless conversation just started !
By fonewear 2016-11-10 17:59:03
Link | Citer | R

Agreeing with each other is the first step towards boredom and complacency.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-11-10 18:01:10
Link | Citer | R

If you want oneness and boring things I recommend buying an Apple computer going to Starbucks and bitching about global warming with other environmentalists. I'll be here on a non Apple PC drinking coffee that killed the farmers after harvest. Wondering why the Earth still exists !
[+]
By Bloodrose 2016-11-10 18:01:20
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Omnys said: »
Bloodrose said: »

This so much is what people should be afraid of. Based on ratings, politics has become no better than a drama series and people--real people--can't take it.

The thing is, I can't even imagine how it could be worse, but it will be and that scares the sheep out of me.

The garbage is tearing people apart.

Colbert nailed that

Quote:
"The people who designed our democracy didn't want us in it all the time. Informed, yes. Politicking all the time, I don't think so. ... They designed an election that was meant to confuse us and bore us a little bit. That's why the Electoral College exists. And C-SPAN. And the State of the Union begins with 20 minutes of shaking hands with grandpas. But now politics is everywhere and that takes up precious brain space that we could be using to remember all the things we actually have in common."

And yes, I know, he's as guilty as anyone for the participation.

At the end of the show, he clearly didn't get what he wanted but he rose above other tv personalities (pundits, consultants, news anchors).
The election process, I'm pretty sure people already saw as a popularity contest, but this year it was more like an episode of The Apprentice: President Edition.
Elect a politician, or a reality TV Star.
Get in the way of the reality star, and he will end your career so hard, it'll make reality tv make sense.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Viciouss 2016-11-10 18:08:57
Link | Citer | R

CJ is the liberal version of KN *facepalm*
You just now noticed that?

Zerowone said: »
Better news, NES classic releases tomorrow.
Did they fix the controller cord problem?
By fonewear 2016-11-10 18:15:31
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
"does it work" is the wrong way of taking it. Not everything from media is a manipulation attempt of the public opinion, sometimes(most often) it's just communication.

*Looks back at your post*

Yeaaahhhh, no. Sorry. Not anymore.

The media is so biased they think they have integrity. When they hear an police siren. They don't think "I hope that guy/girl is ok". They think how can we sell misery !
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-11-10 18:24:03
Link | Citer | R

Oh, so now everything is conservatives fault, huh? ...
Why not?

For 80 years it was all FDR's fault.
 Odin.Slore
Serveur: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-11-10 18:25:40
Link | Citer | R

And it'll be Bush's fault for 80 more
[+]
By fonewear 2016-11-10 18:25:47
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Oh, so now everything is conservatives fault, huh? ...
Why not?

For 80 years it was all FDR's fault.

No Obama is still President for about 90 days. Get all your problems cast them on him before Trump will solve them !
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-10 18:25:59
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Given that it says "The Opinion Pages" at the top in bold, I'm not seeing the manipulative part. Whiny, yes, but it's not being passed off as anything else. Wasn't there a free speech conversation going on in here yesterday?

What in the heck does free speech have to do with it? I never said it shouldn't be allowed. Also, you're actually reinforcing my point by pointing out that it's an opinion page. Why do you think people write opinion pieces? To satiate their own ego in a vacuum? To say, "Hey guys, you probably don't know who I am or even care, but here's what I think on this topic that is in no way, shape, or form designed to change your mind about said topic."?
[+]
By fonewear 2016-11-10 18:26:38
Link | Citer | R

I used to drink beer everyday but with Trump I might have to switch to hard liquor. So I'll cut down on beer problem solved.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2016-11-10 18:27:45
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
I used to drink beer everyday but with Trump I might have to switch to hard liquor. So I'll cut down on beer problem solved.
I dunno, you kind of wanna be sober just so you're not passed out in a ditch somewhere, when he gets into his wacky antics.
By fonewear 2016-11-10 18:29:46
Link | Citer | R

Being sober is scary things make sense. I prefer it when things seem strange and weird. And then I feel safe. Like I could conquer the world or piss on it !
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-11-10 18:57:16
Link | Citer | R

What in the heck does free speech have to do with it? I never said it shouldn't be allowed. Also, you're actually reinforcing my point by pointing out that it's an opinion page. Why do you think people write opinion pieces? To satiate their own ego in a vacuum? To say, "Hey guys, you probably don't know who I am or even care, but here's what I think on this topic that is in no way, shape, or form designed to change your mind about said topic."?
Making an argument isn't manipulative. Op-ed has been around since before the media bias narrative was a thing.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-10 19:12:37
Link | Citer | R

Making an argument isn't manipulative. Op-ed has been around since before the media bias narrative was a thing.

Sure it has, but define "manipulative". There was an era when reporting the news was the act of reporting facts. Now, it's actually difficult to find any news source whatsoever that isn't selectively choosing facts to report a story from an angle that is in line with the opinions of the news agency.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-10 19:35:49
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
News media has always been establishment based and owned by investors with agendas.

Remember when Bernie was actively running for the democratic nod? All stations pretty much said *** you and covered Clinton instead. Because he was also uncontrollable.

If you are looking to the press for completely unbiased sources on hot topics you are always going to be disappointed.

I wouldn't say it's always been that way, and I would say it's been that way to at least some extent for a long time, but I'm fairly certain that it's never been this blatantly awful.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 33 34 35 ... 99 100 101