Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » The Black Sacrament -- A Guide to Black Mage
The Black Sacrament -- A Guide to Black Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 48 49 50
By SimonSes 2021-03-14 06:20:24
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Agwu's hands should replace Amalaric+1 hands as they'll end up with better MAB and both Burst Bonuses vs just MBB 2. This might end up allowing some gear changes for bursting, and if nothing else squeeze a little more raw power stats vs just burst bonus into sets.

You use Amalric hands with feet, so you unlock +20 mab bonus and Amalric also has 3 more int and 2more mbbII and like you said mbbI is already at 39, so you would get at most 1% from Ages vs 2% from Amalric. You would need to find hands+feet combo better than Amalric, otherwise Agwu doesn't look like an improvement.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-03-14 08:19:19
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Agwu's hands should replace Amalaric+1 hands as they'll end up with better MAB and both Burst Bonuses vs just MBB 2. This might end up allowing some gear changes for bursting, and if nothing else squeeze a little more raw power stats vs just burst bonus into sets.

You use Amalric hands with feet, so you unlock +20 mab bonus and Amalric also has 3 more int and 2more mbbII and like you said mbbI is already at 39, so you would get at most 1% from Ages vs 2% from Amalric. You would need to find hands+feet combo better than Amalric, otherwise Agwu doesn't look like an improvement.

Yes, I'm factoring in set bonus. But I'd rather fulltime relic+3 feet for vastly superior macc between the pieces, better INT, and sacrifice some MAB.

amalric+1 hands/feet key stats: 57INT, 54macc(counting +skill), 125MAB (after set bonus)

agwu's hands/relic+3 feet stats: 63INT, 99macc(counting skill), 109MAB.

This would also end up capping MBB 1 at the expense of 2 MBB 2. Since they factor the same, MBB 1 just caps first, its only an expense of 1 point of MBB.

As a Laevateinn user always trying to find more INT in his sets to hit better dINT tiers to make better use of the staff's MAB, those are trades I'm willing to make.

Against fodder stuff, I do agree that the current "BiS" set of 3/5 Ea+1 paired with Amalric+1 feet/hands will pump out bigger numbers. But if I'm bursting, its rarely fodder stuff. Free nukes, sure.

EDIT: It is frustrating that even as new gear is the talk of the town right now, its just hard to beat current options for raw power. RUN and SCH make better use of Agwu's by a mile compared against BLM's uses. (dont' get me wrong, I appreciate the feet, and the legs will be excellent -DT options for BLM. But for BLM's primary purpose....not much going on there)
 Asura.Verbannt
Serveur: Asura
user: Akton
By Asura.Verbannt 2021-03-19 03:45:56
Link | Citer | R

Speaking of DT the entire Nyame set looks nice outside mana wall, 4/5 during mana wall. It's sad that some of the augments are exciting for some jobs (especially pup), while disappointing for others. And the augment process... well I don't like the system in general.
By SimonSes 2021-03-19 03:55:08
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Verbannt said: »
It's sad that some of the augments are exciting for some jobs (especially pup), while disappointing for others.

What? >.>
 Asura.Verbannt
user: Akton
By Asura.Verbannt 2021-03-19 05:32:20
Link | Citer | R

oh, I'm lamenting that the new set only improves my last stand (* and hotshot) set set on rng... my DM augs and other gear are better for savage, and there is better gear for trueflight.
I guess that means I don't have to cry not having full RP on the new gear.

*edit the feet specifically would be slightly better for macc, but I have not run into mobs that I resist on with my groups set of debuffs.
By SimonSes 2021-03-19 05:50:29
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Verbannt said: »
oh, I'm lamenting that the new set only improves my last stand (* and hotshot) set set on rng... my DM augs and other gear are better for savage, and there is better gear for trueflight.
I guess that means I don't have to cry not having full RP on the new gear.

*edit the feet specifically would be slightly better for macc, but I have not run into mobs that I resist on with my groups set of debuffs.

I took it to RNG thread
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/53342/youll-shoot-your-eye-out-new-ffxi-rng-guide/53/#3571784
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-03-22 11:42:58
Link | Citer | R

Is this still pretty much BiS for bursts?

ItemSet 363875

waist rotate in obi for weather.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-03-22 15:03:02
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
Is this still pretty much BiS for bursts?

ItemSet 363875

waist rotate in obi for weather.

I'll be interested to see if a finished Mpaca's Staff out-does other main/sub options for bursting. We don't need the magic burst bonus +10 found on Bunzi's rod, even though when paired with something like Ammurapi Shield it results in extremely good INT and MAB. But while Mpaca's might be slightly lower in those stats even once fully augmented, it does have +2 magic burst bonus II.

In terms of the gear slots, pretty sure that in unresisted situations remains top notch.
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2021-03-22 16:16:29
Link | Citer | R

at what distance would o sash beat the sacro generally?
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-03-22 16:26:28
Link | Citer | R

I take zero credit for this code. It's Selindriles. But I think it answers your question.
Code
			if state.WeaponskillMode.value ~= 'Proc' and data.weaponskills.elemental:contains(spell.english) then
				local orpheus_avail = item_available("Orpheus's Sash")
				local hachirin_avail = item_available('Hachirin-no-Obi')

if hachirin_avail and spell.element and spell.element == world.weather_element and world.weather_intensity == 2 then
					equip({waist="Hachirin-no-Obi"})
				elseif orpheus_avail and spell.target.distance < 3 then
					equip({waist="Orpheus's Sash"})
				elseif hachirin_avail and spell.element and spell.element == world.weather_element and spell.element == world.day_element then
				elseif orpheus_avail and spell.target.distance < 8 then
					equip({waist="Orpheus's Sash"})
				elseif hachirin_avail and spell.element and (spell.element == world.weather_element or spell.element == world.day_element) then
				end
			end

It in fact doesn't answer your question. Pardon me. But perhaps a conversation started at the least...
 Asura.Bynebill
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2021-03-29 00:17:25
Link | Citer | R

Anyone mind posting up to date non mythic BIS free nuke/MB setups (assuming MB setup is diff from the set posted above)

Just looking to see what older gear I can skip over these days.
By Ruaumoko 2021-04-26 06:46:15
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, pretty much that above. My burst set has got a few differences but still more than gets the job done, have used in V15 Sheol Gaol battles.

ItemSet 339207

If MP is getting low or if I think I'll need Myrkr I'll swap to Mpaca/Khonsu.
[+]
By eeternal 2021-04-26 19:05:23
Link | Citer | R

Other than relic feet and AF hands.. any Relic/AF worth getting? is Leviathan worth it, or just settle with Marin Staff +1? appreciate the support, as I am just starting to gear blm
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-04-26 21:08:34
Link | Citer | R

eeternal said: »
Other than relic feet and AF hands.. any Relic/AF worth getting? is Leviathan worth it, or just settle with Marin Staff +1? appreciate the support, as I am just starting to gear blm

AF+3 body: one of the best enfeebling magic options, as well as the most powerful MP conservation option in the game. Returning 2% of damage as MP on all your nukes is a great option to put on toggle or possibly set for specific spells, or even full-time depending on the situation.

AF+3 legs: great drain/aspir option

Relic+3 set: as a whole, really solid free-nuking option with great balanced stats. Regarding specifics, legs/feet are also BiS for your elemental enfeebles.

Laevateinn is a lot of fun, and if you can proc AM2 at a high TP, it has the potential for amazing numbers. I find in large content its often too difficult to maintain AM2 to make it win out against Marin+1, and the lack of INT on the Mythic staff does cause problems at times. I consider it more a labor of love when it comes to making it vs getting the best.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2021-04-27 02:38:41
Link | Citer | R

A trick I do with the Idris would work well on the Laevateinn. Get to 3000% TP with Impact in an Occult Acumen set, then use the Chrysopoeia Torque to drop yourself from AM3 to maximum power AM2.

[+]
By Kasumuni88 2021-04-27 06:46:56
Link | Citer | R

One of the major questions I have for BLM, is raw INT and mattk > magic burst bonus?

Do the numbers on augmented MBB% Merlinic add up burst numbers above the stats on Relic+3 set?

The rest of the stats are substantially lower and not sure if swapping into merlinic makes a difference?
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Serveur: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-04-27 06:56:29
Link | Citer | R

Kasumuni88 said: »
One of the major questions I have for BLM, is raw INT and mattk > magic burst bonus?

Do the numbers on augmented MBB% Merlinic add up burst numbers above the stats on Relic+3 set?

The rest of the stats are substantially lower and not sure if swapping into merlinic makes a difference?
Depends on content level tbh you really want int to help out alot because of how magic damage is done. Mab is nice the sets tbh on the first page are pretty much the sets used today. Outside of the staff switches. The free nuke set is just because of the stats given on it alone. The merlinic even with God tier rolls shouldn't beat the Relic set. For higher level stuff you want the INT stuff like ongo and namis stuff as that stuff gonna be higher int magic defense and what not.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2021-04-27 07:33:18
Link | Citer | R

Now with Agwu's set and Ea/+1, actually augmenting Merlinic for MB is kinda a waste of time/money. (For BLM anyways)
Especially when Artifact and Relic pieces are more useful/better to spend that time and money on +3ing them.

Not to mention how Amalric+1 likewise can get rather expensive too.

It was good for when it was new, but since then we've gotten better, easier to cap that +40% MBB and more MBBII than Merlinic can offer for cheaper/easier to get.

Artifact body. (It's really weird to me that he OP doesn't have that one in the free nuke.)
And Artifact Shoes are really good for a new/returnee. High INT, MBB+10, moderate MAB, Mdmg, and massive Macc. Plus it triggers the +15 extra Macc on Regal in your set, so less resists in your MB set. Feet are a weird slot for MB, but the artifact are a good starting point.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Serveur: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-04-27 07:50:21
Link | Citer | R

FaeQueenCory said: »
Now with Agwu's set and Ea/+1, actually augmenting Merlinic for MB is kinda a waste of time/money. (For BLM anyways)
Especially when Artifact and Relic pieces are more useful/better to spend that time and money on +3ing them.

Not to mention how Amalric+1 likewise can get rather expensive too.

It was good for when it was new, but since then we've gotten better, easier to cap that +40% MBB and more MBBII than Merlinic can offer for cheaper/easier to get.

Artifact body. (It's really weird to me that he OP doesn't have that one in the free nuke.)
And Artifact Shoes are really good for a new/returnee. High INT, MBB+10, moderate MAB, Mdmg, and massive Macc. Plus it triggers the +15 extra Macc on Regal in your set, so less resists in your MB set. Feet are a weird slot for MB, but the artifact are a good starting point.
For sure I've been looking at the agwu set for the pants and boots for sure. I don't know if the hands and feet combo would be beat by that set tbh but for the price and time I'd skip merlinic if you already into odyssey like fae said.
[+]
By kerith7537 2021-04-28 16:12:11
Link | Citer | R

I did a couple runs recently in Dynamis-D as BLM. While I didn't have any problems with Death on T1 statues, T2 was very hit-or-miss (mostly miss).

How can I improve my Death set to more reliably kill T2 statues? I'm mainly going BLM/SCH (Master), dunno if BLM/RDM would improve.

ItemSet 379554

Notes: 1836MP without food, Lathi Path A, Merlinic Body MACC+35 MAB+35, Amalric Hands Path D, Taranus Cape INT+20 MACC+30 MDMG+20 MAB +10, Amalric Legs Path D, Merlinic Feet MACC+33 MAB+35

These are mainly used in a non-MB setting with minimal (self-only) buffs.

I also tried swapping in a set with full Relic +3, changing out Static for Friomisi and Archon for Metamorph +1, but that didn't seem to make much of a difference.

Also are there any comparable (non-Dynamis-D) mobs to test the set out on?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-04-28 16:18:30
Link | Citer | R

I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume that you're not bursting to kill statues in Dyna-D. As a result, swapping your neck and left earring for pieces more based in MP will net much better results, and if that isn't feasible in large numbers, putting in raw INT/MAB in high numbers at least would do something. Death is incredibly reliant on MP at time of cast. A check of your idle and precast sets could be viable as well. Its possible you could be giving up large chunks of MP before you even cast, nerfing your damage.

I know this isn't the spot for strategy discussion, but I'm curious why your group is bringing a BLM to Dyna-D beyond getting people unlocks and earning RP on a neck. They're just not good in there compared to other options.
[+]
 Bismarck.Radec
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Radec
By Bismarck.Radec 2021-04-28 18:43:00
Link | Citer | R

Wave 2 statues should only need a ~30k death to kill them.

Because death doesn't have a dINT term, you can test this on anything without MDB, just remember to correct for having 2x dark weather (DMG*1.25, or bring a SCH for testing)

Using the listed stats in that set, +345MAB after traits, you should be killing statues anywhere above 1350MP. If you drop a lot of the MP gear for MAB (~400MAB) you can drop that down to the 1200 range.

I've had 0 trouble with 1shots using this set:
ItemSet 379558
LaevR15, Body is 40MAB 25MAcc, Cape is 80MP 10FC 20MAcc
Total MAB of +389(AM down), 1220 MP for 30k.
[+]
 Sylph.Cossack
Serveur: Sylph
user: sandman16
By Sylph.Cossack 2021-05-06 05:52:41
Link | Citer | R

Best way to gear BLM is to level COR, get ambuscade gear, out damage BLM in bis gear, and you can also buff your party.
[+]
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2021-05-06 06:13:01
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Cossack said: »
Best way to gear BLM is to level COR, get ambuscade gear, out damage BLM in bis gear, and you can also buff your party.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-05-06 07:21:47
Link | Citer | R

I have no idea where this COR owns

COR has only 2 element types. Most endgame stuff only takes good damage from single element. If its not dark or fire, COR can just cry in the corner.
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-05-06 08:50:36
Link | Citer | R

COR has only 2 element types. Most endgame stuff only takes good damage from single element. If its not dark or fire, COR can just cry in the corner.
You can watch Xolla11 beat almost every HELM spamming Leaden abusing Rayke/Gambit without using any SP abilitys.
Old content in someways and Odyssey is limited since you cant bring more than 1 Cor.
 Asura.Aquatiq
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2021-05-06 09:30:46
Link | Citer | R

Really thought you did something here, didn't you
 Sylph.Cossack
Serveur: Sylph
user: sandman16
By Sylph.Cossack 2021-05-06 10:12:37
Link | Citer | R

COR, or almost any other job can out damage BLM with bis gear.
I'm an old school BLM, I dinged 75 in KRT before Vtra lived there, but BLM has only ever had three roles:
1. Sleepga2; this is still a legitimate function, where needed anyway.
2. D2; No one needs this ***anymore, obsolete.
3. We nuked ***; with the elemental resist rate when spamming lower tier nukes, or casting any non-burst nuke period, sucking so absolutely bad, the multi target nerf, and the fact that even in omen, people usually don't bother with skill chains, and magic bursting, I ask you, are you really going to gimp your group by wasting a slot on a job that can no longer perform its one and only function?
So in conclusion, level any other job, get some ambuscade gear, out damage any BLM with bis gear, save yourself the humiliation of riding the BLM short bus.
[+]
By joemamma 2021-05-06 10:51:28
Link | Citer | R

Best way to play black mage is to level sync to 75 and relive the glory days.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-05-06 14:58:36
Link | Citer | R

It's 2021, just let them have fun. Maybe he enjoys the aesthetic or the idea behind an iconic job like BLM. There is no denying its in need of a big update but it can still perform well enough to clear content, especially the dumb stuff you're mentioning like Omen. Just too edgy bud.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 48 49 50