Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 66 67 68 ... 141 142 143
 Asura.Byrne
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Byrne 2019-05-28 02:08:06
Link | Citer | R

The other interesting thing is, in situations where you have lots of buffs, Black Halo pulls ahead by a noticeable margin... The fact that it keeps pace so well with savage blade despite RDM having a mediocre D-rating (350 skill after merits, I believe?) means that it performs well despite the further attack deficit on an attack starved job. Toss a lot of attack buffs at it, and it scales quite nicely.

The other obvious drawback to the lower skill is the lower accuracy, but that's a nonissue if you are already compensating for a Thibron offhand anyway.
By Aerix 2019-05-28 03:44:38
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, the low skill/Attack is one of the reasons I used Relic legs+3 instead of AF legs+3 for my parsing, despite the latter having more MND.
[+]
By Nyarlko 2019-05-28 12:13:04
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Galaga said: »
Thanks for the parses, I definitely need to keep working on ambuscade weapons to try those out. I don't have a geo or cor available to try it, but don't frogs resist magic (75%)? Then again, every target will have some biases toward certain weapons.
Aerix said: »
Toads are normally magic resistant, yes, but Apex Toads seem to be the exception. If consistent 41k Sanguine Blades were actually subject to resistance and only a fraction of the normal damage, then RDM would probably be dominating everything in the game. :P

I chose Apex Toads as target because they are tanky, have zero TP moves and seem to be neutral toward pretty much every damage type.

For SCIENCE! the stats on Apex Toad are:
https://www53.atwiki.jp/bartlett3/pages/318.html#12

Apex Toad:
Has no physical resistances, no extra MDB (MDB 100), MDT-25%, and the following elemental resist tiers:
(Lower numbers mean higher resist rates / lower damage btw)
Fire+100%, Wind+100%, Thunder+115%, Light+30%
Ice+70%, Earth+85%, Water+20%, Dark+100%

Notes that might be useful for future SCIENCE!:
Lv131 = HP about 170,600 INT285, Evasion 1103, Defense 1206
Lv132 = HP About 176,700 INT293, Evasion 1133, Defense 1239
Lv133 = HP about 182,800 INT299 Evasion 1163, Defense 1272
Apex series reappears in 60 seconds.

Notes from me:
Non-Ambuscade Toads (green model) are likely to all have the same stats. The Chorus Toad (blue model) adds from the VW Poroggo apparently have lower than normal MDB(MDB70). The Bozetto Croaker adds (blue model) in Ambuscade are very different, with mostly reduced elemental tiers, no MDT, and MDB300.
[+]
By Cronnus 2019-05-28 20:33:08
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone tested enthunder on Genbu? Wondering if each strike has a chance to proc and wondering if they'll do decent damage with malaise.

EDIT: I went to test Enspells on Escha Genbu. I was able to solo Genbu with Sylvie trust and HM ninja trust tank. Never saw any white procs at all with enthunder. Had 2 mins remaining. Crocea Mors/Orph sash ftw.
By Aerix 2019-05-29 12:54:52
Link | Citer | R

Nyarlko said: »
For SCIENCE! the stats on Apex Toad are:
https://www53.atwiki.jp/bartlett3/pages/318.html#12

Apex Toad:
Has no physical resistances, no extra MDB (MDB 100), MDT-25%, and the following elemental resist tiers:
(Lower numbers mean higher resist rates / lower damage btw)
Fire+100%, Wind+100%, Thunder+115%, Light+30%
Ice+70%, Earth+85%, Water+20%, Dark+100%

Notes that might be useful for future SCIENCE!:
Lv131 = HP about 170,600 INT285, Evasion 1103, Defense 1206
Lv132 = HP About 176,700 INT293, Evasion 1133, Defense 1239
Lv133 = HP about 182,800 INT299 Evasion 1163, Defense 1272
Apex series reappears in 60 seconds.

Notes from me:
Non-Ambuscade Toads (green model) are likely to all have the same stats. The Chorus Toad (blue model) adds from the VW Poroggo apparently have lower than normal MDB(MDB70). The Bozetto Croaker adds (blue model) in Ambuscade are very different, with mostly reduced elemental tiers, no MDT, and MDB300.

Hmm, seems like I messed up in that case--I assumed toads would have far more MDT- than only 25% and 41k WS damage felt appropriate given the numbers I usually see in Dyna-D. But I just went back to Woh Gates and tested my Sanguines on Apex Jagils, which took nearly 56k damage per WS, so almost a 35% difference in WS damage between the two mobs.

But going with -25% MDT according to the info above, if we calculate the actual DPS using the 40402 average WS damage with 108 samples, Crocea's actual parse should have been ~7400 DPS.

In any case, given that most NMs have some sort of MDT anyway, the relative strength of Crocea+Sanguine vs. the other options should be a useful benchmark regardless.

Cronnus said: »
wondering if they'll do decent damage with malaise.

While Enspells are subject to resists, their damage scales solely with Enhancing skill, Enspell dmg+ gear and Day/Weather bonuses. Extra MAB or reducing enemy's MDB makes no difference for them.
[+]
By Cronnus 2019-05-29 13:02:20
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, that's why I would have liked a malaise to land Frazzle to get the enspells not resisted as much. I didnt want to waste too much time on debuffs on Genbu Brcause it's a race against the clock. So I stymied at the start with frazzle III. Then later in the fight I was able to spam frazzle to and get it to stick and after that I couldn't get III to stick even with assassins drink. Hes got a massive resistance to magic. The most main hand enspells would get to was 528 or so. It was almost a waste to sanguine (only 1330).

malaise should help enspells from being resisted? Whatever Geo spell lowers their magic evasion.

I used your exact sets though, Aerix. Same enspell TP set and sanguine set. They're both extremely great :)

EDIT: Geo-Languor is what is needed for genbu to probably do some better damage then.
By Aerix 2019-05-29 13:05:32
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, that's why I would have liked a malaise to land Frazzle to get the enspells not resisted as much. I didnt want to waste too much time on debuffs on Genbu Brcause it's a race against the clock. So I stymied at the start with frazzle III. Then later in the fight I was able to spam frazzle to and get it to stick and after that I couldn't get III to stick even with assassins drink. Hes got a massive resistance to magic. The most main hand enspells would get to was 528 or so. It was almost a waste to sanguine (only 1330).

malaise should help enspells from being resisted? Whatever Geo spell lowers their magic evasion.

I used your exact sets though, Aerix. Same enspell TP set and sanguine set. They're both extremely great :)

EDIT: Geo-Languor is what is needed for genbu to probably do some better damage then.

Thanks, glad you found the gear setup useful. And I figured Geo-Languor for -MEVA is what you meant as Malaise is for nuking/magic WS damage.
[+]
By Nyarlko 2019-05-29 18:38:20
Link | Citer | R

Aerix said: »
Numbers

Hmm, seems like I messed up in that case--I assumed toads would have far more MDT- than only 25% and 41k WS damage felt appropriate given the numbers I usually see in Dyna-D. But I just went back to Woh Gates and tested my Sanguines on Apex Jagils, which took nearly 56k damage per WS, so almost a 35% difference in WS damage between the two mobs.

But going with -25% MDT according to the info above, if we calculate the actual DPS using the 40402 average WS damage with 108 samples, Crocea's actual parse should have been ~7400 DPS.

In any case, given that most NMs have some sort of MDT anyway, the relative strength of Crocea+Sanguine vs. the other options should be a useful benchmark regardless.

wondering if they'll do decent damage with malaise.

While Enspells are subject to resists, their damage scales solely with Enhancing skill, Enspell dmg+ gear and Day/Weather bonuses. Extra MAB or reducing enemy's MDB makes no difference for them.

There is no double-dark weather in Woh Gates, so comparing to DynaD numbers is probably not the best testing method.

Also, the stats on Apex Jagils are far more favorable for Sanguine spam. ~45INT less than toads (and SB has an uncapped dINT*2 dSTAT, so this is huge) MDT-0%, and dark+130% should all lend to fish being easier to kill than toads.
By Aerix 2019-05-29 21:55:45
Link | Citer | R

There is no double-dark weather in Woh Gates, so comparing to DynaD numbers is probably not the best testing method.

Also, the stats on Apex Jagils are far more favorable for Sanguine spam. ~45INT less than toads (and SB has an uncapped dINT*2 dSTAT, so this is huge) MDT-0%, and dark+130% should all lend to fish being easier to kill than toads.

Yes, there's no double dark weather in Woh Gates, but Sanguine numbers in Dyna are usually between 30-60k depending on zones and whether Malaise is up, so 41k didn't seem like an outlandish number outside of Dyna-D. Still, it's my fault for not double checking the damage values of Sanguine before parsing. But parsing on different mobs than all the other weapons would have thrown of the parsing results as well due to dINT.

And Apex Jagils having Dark weakness is unfortunate. But I calculated the DPS for Crocea/Sanguine according to the MDT-25% you listed for Apex Toads rather than the Apex Jagil values, so there shouldn't be an issue, right?
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-06-11 02:20:51
Link | Citer | R

Going by what they just said in their second FFXI Digest, it seems all jobs that have spells as Tier2 Merits, will be getting them available as scrolls.

This kinda leads me to believe we're gonna get all the RDM T2 spells available as scrolls.
Pretty nice if you ask me. Having all those spells available, supposedly at max potency, will be so nice <3

Wonder how they're gonna change AF2 bonuses... And wonder how long we'll have to wait to see them release that change!
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-06-11 07:52:38
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
This kinda leads me to believe we're gonna get all the RDM T2 spells available as scrolls.
Pretty nice if you ask me. Having all those spells available, supposedly at max potency, will be so nice <3

Wonder how they're gonna change AF2 bonuses... And wonder how long we'll have to wait to see them release that change!

judging by the sweeping changes SE is putting in with these job adjustments, my money is that the relic gear will reduce recast timers.
[+]
By Nariont 2019-06-11 08:04:49
Link | Citer | R

i expect potency/duration merits on all sides maybe dia/bio 3, which might get repped with just enfeebling effect+/duration
By Aerix 2019-06-11 13:18:10
Link | Citer | R

I'd love to have Enhancing Magic duration merits, but it's a shame we're capped at 30 mins buffs at this point.

Though still useful for Temper 2/Phalanx/Refresh 3/Enspells since those are cast in potency gear.
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2019-06-11 16:05:13
Link | Citer | R

It seems greedy to want buffs that last that long since I'm from the times of recasting every 3 mins.
By Aerix 2019-06-11 19:32:30
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Aladeus said: »
It seems greedy to want buffs that last that long since I'm from the times of recasting every 3 mins.

The authentic experience of having to recast buffs all the time is still alive and well when playing BLU or RUN.

Meanwhile, us RDMs get to enjoy 30 min personal buffs while having to buff and rebuff 12 other people in an alliance. ;)
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Serveur: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-06-11 23:10:13
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Aladeus said: »

I miss that about as much as I miss resting for MP.
[+]
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-06-13 20:16:36
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone tried DDing Wave3? Do you go /war or /dnc?
By Boshi 2019-06-13 21:13:03
Link | Citer | R

were those the serious options?
[+]
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2019-06-13 21:17:34
Link | Citer | R

Iv tried /nin in my tp set with sabo distract on, marine stewpot Gain dex getting no other support geo bubbles were malaise langour for cor and rng setup rly. Was kinda a whiff fest for me on NQ fomors. Acc wise fine on the mega boss thou with sab distract and impact. Upgrades i have now since then is that i could offhand a tauret or naegling with my R15 almace vs ternion dagger i used prior. If your group brings 2 geos and your getting Torpor should be ok on nqs... mabey.
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-06-14 09:05:06
Link | Citer | R

Quick question, do lethargy gloves for saboteur bonus need to be worn during the saboteur activation or during midcast of spells under saboteur after the changes?
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2019-06-14 09:16:13
Link | Citer | R

They have to be worn during casting
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-06-14 09:39:49
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Nuance said: »
They have to be worn during casting

Of the spell right?
By Nariont 2019-06-14 09:48:30
Link | Citer | R

Has to be used on cast
 Asura.Nuance
By Asura.Nuance 2019-06-14 10:12:16
Link | Citer | R

Yes. Must be worn mid cast
[+]
 Asura.Gracelin
user: DjaySaint
By Asura.Gracelin 2019-06-16 17:39:33
Link | Citer | R

So I'm looking at tinkering around with Empyreal Arrow for funsies because why not? I'm trying to get a set together but I'm kind of stuck on what to use beyond the obvious things because it's not like Red Mage gets a lot of ranged accuracy/attack gear or high agility pieces (outside of Volte). Our only two weapon skill pieces have pretty low agility (Relic head and AF hands).

So beyond Vitiation Chapeau +3, Atrophy Gloves +3, Epaminondas's Ring, and a cape with +30 Agi/+20 Ranged Accuracy and Attack/+10% Weaponskill Damage... anyone have any good suggestions for a "best in slot" set for Empyreal Arrow on Red Mage?

Since Ullr gives us a Fusion weaponskill option to self light using Savage Blade to close, I want to see if I can put together a decent viable weaponskill set for it to try out.

I'm thinking of something like this for now:

ItemSet 367275

I'm not sure if those are the best in slot items but those are what I can think of at the moment. I'm not sure what I would use for necklace and belt beyond what I have there. Fotia offers weaponskill accuracy but is the 0.1 ftp on each slot worth it for a single hit weaponskill?

I'm wondering if Volte Tiara and Raetic Bangles would be better than Vitiation/Atrophy weaponskill damage pieces? They have more accuracy and a lot more AGI. I'm not sure how the math works out for that.
 Bahamut.Agerine
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2019-06-16 17:46:18
Link | Citer | R

Not the best but this is what I’ve been using.

Since Bow skill is low on RDM and I was missing a buncha WS at the start I augmented the Taeon gear with WS Acc to make sure that it would have the best chance to connect. Also opted for more Racc over damage in accessory slots for the same reason.

This is a fun thing to play around with for sure. I wasn’t hitting super impressive damage numbers but it allowed me to close SB for a killer Light. Nice option to have.

Went with STP on cape cause I was not worried about damage. Just wanted it to connect and get something back.

sets.precast.WS['Empyreal Arrow'] ={
range="Kaja Bow",
ammo="Demon Arrow",
head={ name="Taeon Chapeau", augments={'Rng.Acc.+16 Rng.Atk.+16','Weapon Skill Acc.+14','STR+10',}},
body={ name="Taeon Tabard", augments={'Rng.Acc.+18 Rng.Atk.+18','Weapon Skill Acc.+17','AGI+8',}},
hands={ name="Carmine Fin. Ga. +1", augments={'Rng.Atk.+20','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+12','"Store TP"+6',}},
legs={ name="Taeon Tights", augments={'Rng.Acc.+16 Rng.Atk.+16','Weapon Skill Acc.+15','AGI+10',}},
feet={ name="Taeon Boots", augments={'Rng.Acc.+17 Rng.Atk.+17','Weapon Skill Acc.+14','Weapon skill damage +2%',}},
neck="Marked Gorget",
waist="Eschan stone",
left_ear="Sherida Earring",
right_ear="Telos Earring",
left_ring="Cacoethic Ring +1",
right_ring="Cacoethic Ring",
back={ name="Sucellos's Cape", augments={'AGI+20','Rng.Acc.+20 Rng.Atk.+20','"Store TP"+10',}}
[+]
 Asura.Nuance
By Asura.Nuance 2019-06-16 21:12:39
Link | Citer | R

Just toss as much accuracy as possible in for it taeon can get ws acc and racc and wsd iirc on all pieces. It’s ultimately nothing more than a bridge ws for solo purposes by allowing fusion without Excalibur. Putting too much effort trying to make it “good” dmg wise and I promise you will be disappointed
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-06-17 09:38:15
Link | Citer | R

When attack is uncapped, is Sequence (R1) or Naegling better main hand for CdC spam? I'm not sure how potent the Attack Bonus with number of buffs trait is.
By Nariont 2019-06-17 10:02:39
Link | Citer | R

dont think anyones put down a hard number besides what got put down here
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/29127/random-question-thread-ffxi-related/595/#3434627

assuming 1% per buff and depending on just how undercapped you are, think naeg would win just cause rdm can put atleast a good 10 long lasting buffs with no trouble. But could be wrong
First Page 2 3 ... 66 67 68 ... 141 142 143