Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 141 142 143
 Odin.Geriond
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-10-18 15:01:43
Link | Citer | R

Note that Atrophy Chapeau +3 is better for pure MACC than even Carmine +1 if you have another piece on for the set bonus (probably body or Regal Earring).

Also, on the off-chance that you have Regal Cuffs, the enfeebling duration is most useful on non-variable potency spells, and on enfeebles you used a long-recast JA on (Saboteur or Elemental Seal).
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2017-10-18 15:37:06
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Spynx said: »
Natashi said: »
Ah that makes sense for Dia thank you. Yea I only have the +1 but even the +1 has more combined magic acc than the Vivitation. So does that make it better? Or Does Enfeebling magic skill have some hidden thing that makes it better?
You need to divide RDM enfeeble in(at least) 4 sets:
  • Accuracy-based only (bind, break,dispel,gravity,silence,sleep): these spells are hit/miss with no variable potency and you want the highest macc possible so Ayanmo head +2 will win (carmine+1 head is even better)

• Accuracy and stat-based(Distract1/2, Frazzle 1/2): enfeebling magic for these spells caps very quickly (350 for the II version) so you want as much magic accuracy as possible while adding MND to increase the spell potency (and ideally the enfeebling potency items such as regal gem,empy body and JSE cape)

• Skill and stat based (Distract3, Frazzle3): these spells potency is affected by enfeebling magic skill and MND so relic hat will win for raw potency compared to any huge macc item. Once again enfeebling potency is your friend.

• Enfeebling magic potency only(Dia1/2/3): these spells can't be resisted so magic accuracy won't do anything but enfeebling potency gear(regal gem,empy body and JSE cape) will improve their DoT

Hope this helps

Do slow/paralyze/blind fall under #2 or #3 on this list?
 Shiva.Arislan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-10-18 15:46:06
Link | Citer | R

Slow/Para/Blind all have variable potency (but can be resisted), so they'd fall under the second category.
 Shiva.Fendarin
By Shiva.Fendarin 2017-10-27 10:33:50
Link | Citer | R

ItemSet 354003

acc1055 att1127
STR 199
MND 161
Helm path D
Cape = str30 acc/att+20 WSD+10%
Slippers DM aug = acc21 stp+2 WSD+7
colada dmg+15 acc/att+18 WSD+2

was wondering if anyone can give me ideas on how to improve my savage blade set for rdm. like would jhakri boots be better or maybe theres a better ring or earring also i have no ammo for it atm any help will be great. i can do 30k ws objective in omen with a geo np so not like its weak or anything, i just feel theres a few improvements i can make what im not seeing. ty
 Asura.Azagarth
Serveur: Asura
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-10-27 10:51:27
Link | Citer | R

sequence + moonshade is probably a 'must' if your wanting the best avg possible for spamming. Outside of that just getting lucky with DM augs is yoru best option! gl!
 Odin.Geriond
By Odin.Geriond 2017-10-27 10:58:16
Link | Citer | R

Jhakri +2 is better for head and hands when not attack capped (which is almost always when using RDM on non-trivial stuff).
 Shiva.Fendarin
By Shiva.Fendarin 2017-10-27 11:18:25
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Azagarth said: »
sequence + moonshade is probably a 'must' if your wanting the best avg possible for spamming. Outside of that just getting lucky with DM augs is yoru best option! gl!

Working on sequence and moon shade earring atm, what gear would u dm other than the feet? Geriond il have to macro that in somehow to use when I'm solo. Thanks for the reply guys also what ammo is best and any upgrades on rings?
 Shiva.Fendarin
By Shiva.Fendarin 2017-10-28 07:30:21
Link | Citer | R

Can anyone post there savage blade / CDC sets please would be gear to see what others are using ty
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-10-28 07:46:02
Link | Citer | R

There has been a discussion between Me, Geriond and Boshi just a couple of pages ago testing different sets and showing their different pros and cons in different scenarios.

I suggest you go read those posts.
By shubb1282 2017-11-10 08:56:30
Link | Citer | R

Am I correct that Relic +3 feet will be BiS Mag Acc, Enf potency, and Enf MND?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-11-10 09:03:52
Link | Citer | R

Think so yeah, very hot, and we haven't seen the set bonus yet! Supposing there will be one but I think so.
Also BiS for Paralyze II too! But arguably that was already true in the 119 +1 version.
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2017-11-10 09:21:56
Link | Citer | R

Need them ^^
 Valefor.Yandaime
Serveur: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2017-11-10 11:28:06
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
There has been a discussion between Me, Geriond and Boshi just a couple of pages ago testing different sets and showing their different pros and cons in different scenarios.

I suggest you go read those posts.

I wonder if it'd ever be possible to have some sort of... Bookmark? System on the forum. Situations like this where very good information is compiled but lost in the pages happens so frequently it's honestly a little ridiculous. This particular thread is only 18 pages long but similar cases happen on forum topics that are hundreds of pages long.

Guess it wouldn't be possible to construct a concept like that without creating more workloads for the Mods/Topic Creator :(

sorry for the derail, I just couldnt help but notice that this happens a lot
[+]
By Rooj 2017-11-10 15:37:59
Link | Citer | R

That's sorta what happens when using an outdated technology (forums). :\ Especially when only using one single thread... I was just thinking earlier that perhaps we should start a RDM Discord server. We could keep a BIS sheet pinned in there (just need to make sure we have folks who are willing to keep it up to date) along with guides and such too.

I think I've become a Discord fanboy and I guess I'm just getting sick of forums. ; ; I've been in Discord servers for different classes on other MMOs and it was very helpful and enjoyable.
By tyalangan 2017-12-05 15:32:08
Link | Citer | R

Are RDM relic boots multiplicative or additive to enfeebling potency (or is it duration? I know some things say duration some do not)?

I.E. If your Slow IIs are 30% and you wear +3 boots will you now have 33% slow or 40%?
[+]
 Asura.Warusha
user: Serithus
By Asura.Warusha 2017-12-05 17:04:03
Link | Citer | R

There are two people listed as having +2, and 0 with +3. Only people with near infinite reserves can justify spending 80M for JSE gear right. Personally I'm trying to sell medals when I can and I'll wait for more footshards and voidfoot items.
[+]
 Odin.Geriond
By Odin.Geriond 2017-12-05 17:30:51
Link | Citer | R

It's the same wording as all the previous enfeebling magic effect pieces, so it's almost certainly going to be multiplicative.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-05 21:01:02
Link | Citer | R

tyalangan said: »
Are RDM relic boots multiplicative or additive to enfeebling potency (or is it duration? I know some things say duration some do not)?

I.E. If your Slow IIs are 30% and you wear +3 boots will you now have 33% slow or 40%?

All the other +potency gear has been multiplicative so no reason to doubt this being the same.
[+]
By tyalangan 2017-12-05 21:34:03
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Warusha said: »
There are two people listed as having +2,
Wow, didn't realize the footshards for +2 were that rare then it dawned on me we can only enter every 2 1/2 days. (Haven't entered yet.)
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Serveur: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-12-05 22:23:38
Link | Citer | R

Where is the best place to farm the shards for rdm?
 Asura.Warusha
user: Serithus
By Asura.Warusha 2017-12-05 22:45:02
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »

You need to kill as many enemies as you can pre- Midboss with as much TH as you can to do this. The drops are random from enemies, even the RDM NM, which may drop say a warrior shard on occassion.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Serveur: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-12-05 23:05:15
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Warusha said: »
Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »

You need to kill as many enemies as you can pre- Midboss with as much TH as you can to do this. The drops are random from enemies, even the RDM NM, which may drop say a warrior shard on occassion.

The pirates drop rdm right or is it randomized? I've only seen medics drop SMN and PLD from from the knights so I assume it's job specific.

I'm also not sure where the RDM leader NM is. Only found the ones by the AH and choco stables.
 Sylph.Oraen
Serveur: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-12-05 23:09:10
Link | Citer | R

Each mob type has two jobs attached to it. Enchanter is RUN/RDM.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2017-12-12 09:39:39
Link | Citer | R

Does anyone have a nice red mage lua? Mine is kind of cobbled together and I need an upgrade.
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2017-12-17 22:32:15
Link | Citer | R

Can confirm the +20 Gain effect from relic hands is infact +20 and not % based if people were unsure.
[+]
 Bahamut.Agerine
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2017-12-17 23:59:27
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Cicion said: »
Can confirm the +20 Gain effect from relic hands is infact +20 and not % based if people were unsure.

Holy ***.
thank you for posting this. RDM is winnin dynamis so far as far as im concerned.
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2017-12-18 12:32:06
Link | Citer | R

Ikr inb4 relic body gives haste effect +5-10 in future
[+]
By Excellia 2017-12-19 10:55:28
Link | Citer | R

FYI, took me some time to figure out why the relic +3 hands weren't equipping for gain spells and the short version is that caps matter in the lua. Can add the text below for each gain spell and make sure the stat is in all caps or it won't recognize the spell and will disregard and equip your enhancing magic set hands.

sets.midcast['Gain-DEX'] = set_combine(sets.midcast['Enhancing Magic'], {hands={ name="Viti. Gloves +3", augments={'Enhances "Phalanx II" effect',}},})
By Notacka 2017-12-19 11:22:54
Link | Citer | R

Rooj said: »
That's sorta what happens when using an outdated technology (forums). :\ Especially when only using one single thread... I was just thinking earlier that perhaps we should start a RDM Discord server. We could keep a BIS sheet pinned in there (just need to make sure we have folks who are willing to keep it up to date) along with guides and such too.

I think I've become a Discord fanboy and I guess I'm just getting sick of forums. ; ; I've been in Discord servers for different classes on other MMOs and it was very helpful and enjoyable.

Have you made a Red Mage Discord yet? I would like to join if you have.
 Lakshmi.Vadian
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Vadian 2017-12-19 12:54:34
Link | Citer | R

Notacka said: »
Rooj said: »

Have you made a Red Mage Discord yet? I would like to join if you have.

^This
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 141 142 143