Random Politics & Religion #11

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #11
Random Politics & Religion #11
First Page 2 3 ... 65 66 67 ... 74 75 76
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-30 09:59:12
Link | Citer | R

eliroo said: »
No one is here denying his insider trading, scummy business practices or other illegal behaviors.
Funny to see who puts likes on certain comments sometimes.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-09-30 10:00:23
Link | Citer | R

Here's the problem. Being critical of Obama or Hillary doesn't make you, inherently, racist or sexist (respectively).

But some people critical of them are those things.

While by no means an absolute, it's fairly easily to distinguish.

People who are voting for Trump because he's not Hilary generally don't fall into the deplorable category.

People who actively support Trump because they fervently believe the things he's saying? That's not a clear indicator, but it's far more likely that people across the board would consider them deplorable.
By Ramyrez 2016-09-30 10:04:29
Link | Citer | R

I still go back and forth on voting for Clinton as a vote against Trump, or just staying home and boarding up the windows. Neither seems like a particularly useful way to spend my time, but I can see advantages and disadvantages to both.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-09-30 10:04:48
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
Here's the problem. Being critical of Obama or Hillary doesn't make you, inherently, racist or sexist (respectively).

People who are voting for Trump because he's not Hilary generally don't fall into the deplorable category.

People who actively support Trump because they fervently believe the things he's saying? That's not a clear indicator, but it's far more likely that people across the board would consider them deplorable.
People who are voting for Clinton because she is a female are sexist also.

Like how people who voted for Obama because he was black are racists.

Racism & Sexism are not a Republican-only trait. It is just as prevalent with democrats/liberals.

But how come they aren't "deplorable"? It's because they support Clinton, that excludes them from that label, along with sexist/racist.

So my point stands. Clinton considers people who will not vote for her deplorable, and will label them as sexist/racist/whatever only because they won't vote for her. That is the only thing she knows about these people, not if they are true sexist or racists or anything of that nature.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-09-30 10:04:51
Link | Citer | R

People who actively support Trump because they fervently believe the things he's saying?

has anyone even determined what the hell he is saying?
[+]
By fonewear 2016-09-30 10:06:01
Link | Citer | R

And what's so bad about being deplorable ? I take pride in Hillary calling me "deplorable"
[+]
By fonewear 2016-09-30 10:06:28
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
People who actively support Trump because they fervently believe the things he's saying?

He wants to bomb the ***out of ISIS and build a wall. That alone got my vote.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-09-30 10:06:51
Link | Citer | R

I still go back and forth on voting for Clinton as a vote against Trump, or just staying home and boarding up the windows. Neither seems like a particularly useful way to spend my time, but I can see advantages and disadvantages to both.

You should vote trump it will be more fun!

I know it goes against every intelligent brain cell you have left....so just soak those down with whiskey and join the party
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-30 10:08:39
Link | Citer | R

He stops midsentence all the time as a strategy. If you put together the initial letters of all the random sentences you get a subliminal message that says I'm a friend of Hillary and want you to vote for her, what the hell do I still have to do to convince you?!
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-09-30 10:09:19
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
People who are voting for Clinton because she is a female are sexist also.

Like how people who voted for Obama because he was black are racists.

There's a lot of bitterness buried below these words, and I'm not entirely sure if it's conscious on your part or not. Either way, it's a major part of the problem with the way we approach these topics in this country.

For instance, I'm not really a fan of affirmative action, but at the same time, it's not a racist program as much as an imperfect response to racism. Same idea with what you're saying. But what you're saying is echoed by a lot of people who, again, consciously or otherwise...are really bitter and directing it at the wrong place.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-09-30 10:09:24
Link | Citer | R

There's always Gary Johnson!
By fonewear 2016-09-30 10:09:48
Link | Citer | R

You'll vote for Trump and you'll like it. Remember taking your first drink of beer tasted bad right. You'll get used to it !
By Ramyrez 2016-09-30 10:11:04
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Racism & Sexism are not a Republican-only trait. It is just as prevalent with democrats/liberals.

You are, however, right about this. Especially among those in powerful places. People in the upper echelons of society seem to think the same of the poor, minorities, and the like regardless of their party affiliation. It's just a matter of how they go about manipulating them.
By Ramyrez 2016-09-30 10:11:40
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Mosin said: »

Look, if I just wanted to smoke pot until nothing bothered me, he'd be an option. But...

...wait. Would that work?

*ponders*
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-09-30 10:12:03
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »

You'll vote for Trump and you'll like it. Remember taking your first drink of beer tasted bad right. You'll get used to it !

This isn't the most nonsensical thing you've ever said.

Deep thoughts Friday, apparently.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-30 10:12:23
Link | Citer | R

There's also Jill Frankenstein.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-09-30 10:12:54
Link | Citer | R

he has been suffering from "rick perry syndrome" and turning into a blithering idiot every time someone shoves a camera in his face...
[+]
 Valefor.Rawry
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Rawry 2016-09-30 10:12:57
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Who ironically hates gmo.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-09-30 10:14:02
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »

Her and Gary have spent the past few weeks providing how stunningly terrible they'd be in the office. Almost on the same level as Trump. It just doesn't get the coverage because, well.

Trump.

Besides, who wants to be on the losing team? At this point voting for either of them is like being a Bills fan.

You're just not going to win anything. Moral victories are all you can claim.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-09-30 10:14:09
Link | Citer | R

he has been suffering from "rick perry syndrome" and turning into a blithering idiot every time someone shoves a camera in his face...

My personal favorite and almost got my vote from him:

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-09-30 10:14:55
Link | Citer | R

eliroo said: »
I'm honestly all for evidence against Hillary, even if it is non-conclusive. I don't accept their allegations as truth but the information presented can help lead to the truth. There is a lot of grey areas in the case against her and obvious political corruption. I don't think we will ever get a definitive proof because of the political power she commands.
I assume you keep generalizing to avoid talking about the specific case here. There's nothing to it. You're not being objective by entertaining baseless accusations. You're being gullible.

Remember when you talked about how we should be talking about real issues (not silly things like civil equality). How exactly does this fit into that? I would be nice to discuss actual platforms but the Republican candidate doesn't have anything beyond half-baked ideas so that's kinda out the window.
By fonewear 2016-09-30 10:16:36
Link | Citer | R

The third party candidates are almost as coherent as your typical FFXIAH poster. So go ahead vote for me !
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-09-30 10:16:37
Link | Citer | R

Grilling a libertarian on foreign policy is like expecting a pacifist to be an expert in modern warfare.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-09-30 10:17:34
Link | Citer | R

Come to think of it, Gary Johnson would, at the very least, probably get the DEA to stop being *** about decriminalizing pot.

Which would be a damn slight more progress than I think either of the lead candidates will make with any government organizations.

This...hmm.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

If actually getting anything done in office is the deciding factor...
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-09-30 10:17:36
Link | Citer | R

Gary "Is the sun getting bigger to you or is it just me" Johnson
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-09-30 10:17:39
Link | Citer | R

And his senior Alepo moments.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-09-30 10:18:01
Link | Citer | R

Jill Stein reminds me of my English teacher she would be good at teaching me what a metaphor is...but leading the country I don't think so.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-09-30 10:19:34
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
half-baked ideas

I'm not sure they reach that threshold... /checks with a toothpick

I suspect he put too low of a wattage bulb in his Easy bake oven....
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-09-30 10:20:03
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
Jill Stein reminds me of my English teacher she would be good at teaching me what a metaphor is...but leading the country I don't think so.

She'll teach you more than that.

By fonewear 2016-09-30 10:20:22
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
And his senior Alepo moments.

To be fair 96% of American's don't even know where Syria is on map !
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 65 66 67 ... 74 75 76