Random Politics & Religion #11

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #11
Random Politics & Religion #11
First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62 ... 74 75 76
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-09-29 13:41:25
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
And that was before people stated that you have to pass the bill in order to read it.
This talking point never stops being HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
I can't help it democrats/liberals are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-09-29 13:44:27
Link | Citer | R

Yeah link the :09 snippet that completely removes the context.
By Ramyrez 2016-09-29 13:45:01
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
Obamacare never went far enough, and like so many things in politics is focused entirely too much on cities and population centers to the exclusion of everyone elsewhere.
Let me guess, you wanted a single-payer system that would cost more to have than most people earn per year?

No, you're right. Totally a better idea to keep on the way we've gone for years, letting people choose between death/lingering diseases or crippling debt.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-09-29 13:50:28
Link | Citer | R

While you're at it, you can throw "If you like your health care plan, you can keep it" in there too, King. That one's a tad harder to "remove the context", considering it was repeated a bunch of times.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-09-29 13:53:42
Link | Citer | R

And then the insurance companies completely reworked plans when they weren't required to do so... but you know semantics.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-09-29 13:54:17
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

While you're at it, you can throw "If you like your health care plan, you can keep it" in there too, King. That one's a tad harder to "remove the context", considering it was repeated a bunch of times.
Why stop there? And why dwell in the past when we can also include a "basket of deplorables" from somebody who never even talked to or heard the viewpoints of the people she described as "deplorable." In fact, the only thing she knew about these people were that they were never going to vote for her.

But in her eyes, people who don't vote for her are deplorable.

But that's taking that statement out of context to, even though what I described not only is true, it actually occurred.
By eliroo 2016-09-29 13:54:31
Link | Citer | R

To be fair, a statement like that doesn't need context. There is literally no context you could put it in that would make it sound like a rational sentence.

I have no idea what this has to do with healthcare reform other than that she was talking about a healthcare bill.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-09-29 13:55:32
Link | Citer | R

Obamacare never went far enough, and like so many things in politics is focused entirely too much on cities and population centers to the exclusion of everyone elsewhere.
Let me guess, you wanted a single-payer system that would cost more to have than most people earn per year?

No, you're right. Totally a better idea to keep on the way we've gone for years, letting people choose between death/lingering diseases or crippling debt.
Yes, let's force them to have both!

Or are you going to tell me that somehow the people who couldn't afford health insurance then can now.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-09-29 13:56:38
Link | Citer | R

eliroo said: »

To be fair, a statement like that doesn't need context. There is literally no context you could put it in that would make it sound like a rational sentence.

I have no idea what this has to do with healthcare reform other than that she was talking about a healthcare bill.
It was a jab at Obamacare and one of the reasons why they had to rush through the bill without actually understanding any of it.
[+]
By eliroo 2016-09-29 13:57:57
Link | Citer | R

A Single-payer plan would be a huge improvement.

Regulating medical expenses would also be huge. The price will always be high since the demand is infinite. If we don't regulate it in some ways we will just continue to impoverish people.

I despise Hillary Clinton KN but just because I don't like her doesn't mean I can't take a "leftist" view on healthcare. You should definitely consider how our current Healthcare system effects the rich and the poor and how Insurance companies and Hospitals are making millions exploiting it.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-09-29 13:59:14
Link | Citer | R

Actually, it would have been better to have drafted a bipartisan, well thought-out plan that wasn't single payer instead of forcing this perfectly partisan load of crap on us. If they sucked at this, why do you think they would be able to handle more responsibility with a single payer system? A lot of smaller countries can't handle it without making people overpay for the services they receive. Our government isn't smart enough to handle it on a larger scale.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-09-29 14:00:12
Link | Citer | R

Or are you going to tell me that somehow the people who couldn't afford health insurance then can now.

No, that's what I meant when I said it doesn't go far enough.

We need to scrap the entire private health insurance industry in general. Profiteering off of life-saving services is a revolting practice that thrives in our country.
[+]
By Ackeron 2016-09-29 14:00:18
Link | Citer | R

Low cost/high deductible plans are a function of just how insurance works and not really a reflection of the ACA per se.
I get that, it's just dumb that something to cover a health bill costs more then just going w/o health care and then if you don't bother getting the health care they make you pay anyhow when it comes to your taxes.

If you are going to force people to pay regardless then just give us actual national health care, not this jump through hoops for ***that doesn't work in your area bull crap.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-09-29 14:01:02
Link | Citer | R

Interesting loooong article on just how that veto override just might bite us in the economy:

Will Saudis seek revenge for Congress' veto override?

CNN

Has more to do with mid eastern politics than who might sue us.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-09-29 14:05:11
Link | Citer | R

You don't *** with the oil mafia...unless you got fusion reactors or modified carburetors that give you 100mi/gallon in every vehicle.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-09-29 14:06:22
Link | Citer | R

eliroo said: »

Republicans pounced on the statement as evidence the bill was rushed through with little attention paid to the the details, but Pelosi's point was that people would be glad to see the actual details outside of the talking points and doom-and-gloom predictions. The quote says "so you [the voter] can find out what's in it" and not 'so we [the legislator] can'. Basic comprehension.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-09-29 14:11:17
Link | Citer | R

but Pelosi's point was that people would be glad to see the actual details outside of the talking points and doom-and-gloom predictions.

If that was her point, she was wrong about that too.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-09-29 14:13:58
Link | Citer | R

Point being that the manufactured controversy over death panels and subsidized abortions were overshadowing what was actually in the bill.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-09-29 14:17:13
Link | Citer | R

No, that's what I meant when I said it doesn't go far enough.

We need to scrap the entire private health insurance industry in general. Profiteering off of life-saving services is a revolting practice that thrives in our country.
You say profiteering, but when a lot of the profits goes towards R&D, I think other people will say otherwise.....
By Ramyrez 2016-09-29 14:20:10
Link | Citer | R

You say profiteering, but when a lot of the profits goes towards R&D, I think other people will say otherwise.....

Sadly, you're probably right, because our country can never get away from its me-first, money-first, money-for-me first mentality.

Unfortunately there's little antidote for the disease of greed, and humans are extremely susceptible to this particular illness.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-09-29 14:20:27
Link | Citer | R

Ackeron said: »
Low cost/high deductible plans are a function of just how insurance works and not really a reflection of the ACA per se.
I get that, it's just dumb that something to cover a health bill costs more then just going w/o health care and then if you don't bother getting the health care they make you pay anyhow when it comes to your taxes.

If you are going to force people to pay regardless then just give us actual national health care, not this jump through hoops for ***that doesn't work in your area bull crap.
I don't disagree. But the ACA was built on the foundation of a flawed system in the first place so it's easy now to blame the new law instead of the fundamental problems associated with healthcare for profit.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-09-29 14:22:50
Link | Citer | R

Point being that the manufactured controversy over death panels and subsidized abortions were overshadowing what was actually in the bill.
Point being that the goal of reducing health care costs, even reducing the growth of health care costs, was never going to be achieved by A) forcing people to buy insurance and B) giving incentives for businesses (you know, those evil people who hire you to do your job) to reduce hours to people who couldn't afford to buy insurance in the first place.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-09-29 14:26:22
Link | Citer | R

Sadly, you're probably right, because our country can never get away from its me-first, money-first, money-for-me first mentality.

Unfortunately there's little antidote for the disease of greed, and humans are extremely susceptible to this particular illness.
You know, we could also stop giving out free drugs and healthcare to 3rd world countries like all of Africa, and reduced cost healthcare and drugs in most other countries also.

The pharmaceuticals, who also receive R&D grants from the US government to help pay for R&D (they still put in a huge portion of their profits into R&D themselves), are basically subsidizing the world's healthcare industry. If other countries actually put money into their own R&D budgets instead of making us do it for them, the US healthcare costs wouldn't be so high.

But in your mind, it's still the businesses fault, huh? Cause greed, blah blah blah.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-09-29 14:27:57
Link | Citer | R

Ackeron said: »

So then what happens if you get into an accident or have a heart attack or a stroke and you have no insurance and are saddled with 10s of thousands of dollars in debt you can't afford?

Thing is people would rather risk it in a lot of cases cuz they think they're healthy or don't want to spend the money on it... Until they need it that is and then there's a real problem...
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-09-29 14:29:49
Link | Citer | R

Out of the top ten pharma companies they spend more on advertising and sales than they do r&d so yeah.... The top company spends 17 billion in sales and advertising as opposed to 8billion in r&d to tap into a $320billion dollar a year market(2013).
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-09-29 14:30:18
Link | Citer | R

Okay, I do have to admit that it sucks that we foot most of the bill for R&D when some countries that we ship medicine to pay a tiny fraction of what we have to in the states. But on that note, I'm not sure what can be done. It'd be nice to make it more fair, but we also don't want to kill research by taking away a huge chunk of their money. If we subsidized more research through taxes, we'd still be getting screwed in the pocketbook anyway.

The problem is compounded by sleazebags like Shkreli who profiteer for the sake of "research", when really it's just a lie to fatten the wallets of executives.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-09-29 14:30:31
Link | Citer | R

the ACA was built on the foundation of a flawed system in the first place

yes... but when we tried to warn you that the foundation sucked you said we were evil heartless jerks that wanted to kill children and old people

and nobody likes having that pointed out to them reagrdless of how true it is
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-09-29 14:32:23
Link | Citer | R

other countries do put money into R&D... It's ludicrous that you think they don't...
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62 ... 74 75 76