Random Politics & Religion #08

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #08
Random Politics & Religion #08
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 82 83 84
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-07-21 17:08:39
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »
I'm kinda wondering what will happen with Fox once Roger Ailes is officially ousted.
Its done, he's out and so far nothing but the bare fax jax.

News saya Murdoch's kids want to tone the vitrol down.

MSNBC is just the less vile left-wing mirror of Fox News. I'm not sure why Fox seems so vile while MSNBC doesn't to me, but I'm sure that's just my views. *Shrugs*
And people wonder why I don't watch TV....

I thought Gamergate was just the Zoe Quinn thing that got blown out of proportion.
Oh no, far beyond that. She wasn't even the most targeted, just the most reported on.

Gamergate controversy
wikipedia

Quote:
Beginning in August 2014, Gamergate targeted several women in the video game industry, including game developers Zoë Quinn and Brianna Wu, as well as cultural critic Anita Sarkeesian. After a former boyfriend of Quinn wrote a lengthy disparaging blog post about her, others falsely accused her of entering a relationship with a journalist in exchange for positive coverage, and threatened her with assault and murder. Those endorsing the blog post and spreading such accusations against Quinn organized themselves under the Twitter hashtag #Gamergate, as well as on Internet Relay Chat (IRC) channels and websites such as Reddit, 4chan, and 8chan. Harassment campaigns against Quinn and others were coordinated through these forums and included doxing, threats of rape, and death threats. Many of those organizing under the Gamergate hashtag argue that they are campaigning against political correctness and poor journalistic ethics in the video game industry. Most commentators dismissed Gamergate's purported concerns with ethics and condemned its misogynistic behavior....
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-07-21 17:10:19
Link | Citer | R

Phony edit, paged:

Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-21 17:13:36
Link | Citer | R

I wonder if some of the anchors are leaving as they claimed.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-07-21 17:20:37
Link | Citer | R

I wonder if some of the anchors are leaving as they claimed.
Are you kidding? Way too much money at Fox, unemployable most anywhere else with a drastic cut in $. And for some just flat unemployable elsewhere.

Try and find Glen Beck....
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-21 17:21:28
Link | Citer | R

MSNBC is just the less vile left-wing mirror of Fox News. I'm not sure why Fox seems so vile while MSNBC doesn't to me, but I'm sure that's just my views. *Shrugs*

Prejudice and bias that's why. You subconscious is deliberately filtering things to agree with what you already believe in, anything that contradicts those established beliefs will be met with hostility from that same subconscious. That weird uneasy feeling of "I just don't like X" that you can't quite place, that's your subconscious making decisions for you.

I've been a follower of MSNBC, Fox and CNN for awhile. MSNBC used to be relatively even handed but then they were through this nuclear moment sometime around 2009 which resulting in MS breaking off it's ownership and creating NBCNews. Eventually they reacquired the rights to the name from Microsoft and rebranded back to MSNBC.

For CNN it really depends on who the reporter is and whether it's a domestic or international article. International articles tend to be pretty balanced and the International site hosts a wide variety of material. Domestically they are soft core left, meaning they pretend to be rational and unbiased but always write with a progressive / left bias. You would notice this if you followed Hillary's various scandals, both MSNBC and CNN were very careful about reporting those as they didn't want to hurt her Presidential campaign. Yet should Trump have a very bad case of gas, they would jump on that as proof that he's a Evil White Homophobic Hetero Racist Misogynist Privileged White Shitlord. Fox on the other hand is right leaning and obviously so, it doesn't pretend to be otherwise.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-07-21 17:23:24
Link | Citer | R

Ninja edit:

unemployable most anywhere else without a drastic cut in $
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-07-21 17:26:14
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
.... Yet should Trump have a very bad case of gas, they would jump on that as proof that he's a Evil White Homophobic Hetero Racist Misogynist Privileged White Shitlord....
How can anyone who had that butfucking logo, even for a day, be considered homophobic?

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-21 17:29:02
Link | Citer | R

Prejudice and bias that's why. You subconscious is deliberately filtering things to agree with what you already believe in, anything that contradicts those established beliefs will be met with hostility from that same subconscious. That weird uneasy feeling of "I just don't like X" that you can't quite place, that's your subconscious making decisions for you.

I've been a follower of MSNBC, Fox and CNN for awhile. MSNBC used to be relatively even handed but then they were through this nuclear moment sometime around 2009 which resulting in MS breaking off it's ownership and creating NBCNews. Eventually they reacquired the rights to the name from Microsoft and rebranded back to MSNBC.

For CNN it really depends on who the reporter is and whether it's a domestic or international article. International articles tend to be pretty balanced and the International site hosts a wide variety of material. Domestically they are soft core left, meaning they pretend to be rational and unbiased but always write with a progressive / left bias. You would notice this if you followed Hillary's various scandals, both MSNBC and CNN were very careful about reporting those as they didn't want to hurt her Presidential campaign. Yet should Trump have a very bad case of gas, they would jump on that as proof that he's a Evil White Homophobic Hetero Racist Misogynist Privileged White Shitlord. Fox on the other hand is right leaning and obviously so, it doesn't pretend to be otherwise.
It's ok, I know this is just brought on by your subconscious making decisions for you.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-21 17:31:19
Link | Citer | R

WTF Chanti.... that's some ***.

I was right there, front and center, in the whole Gamergate escapade. Basically some girl was sleeping around to get ahead in the games publishing industry and used those connections to get favorable reviews of her stuff.

Anita Sarkeesian... cultural critic ... holy ***...

That's one of the those military feminists, the "all men are rapist pigs" variety. About every bad thing that can be thought of third (or is it fourth now) wave military feminist can be traced to her. She stuck her nose into the whole Gamergate situation without knowing the facts and that ***exploded fast.

Here's the deal when *** with hard core gamers, you don't. Progressives tend to rely on social pressure and bullying to get stuff done. If someone disagrees with them they call them names, publicly shame them and otherwise create a big stink until that person feels pressured to cave in and apologize for their politically incorrect "wrong beliefs / thoughts". This strategy requires that the target have social credibility to lose, either as a public figure or among local social circles. Hard core gamers are already on the bottom of the social ladder and have their own separate social structure and communities. Thus leftist / feminist tactics simply aren't effective, there is no social credit to lose, and those gamers couldn't care less what other people thought of them. When the military feminists attacked using those typical tactics to try to force "political correctness" into the hard core gaming community, that community fought back viciously using "politically incorrect" tactics.

Hard core gaming is one of the few places left in the first world free from militant feminist influence, and they want it to stay that way.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-21 17:35:24
Link | Citer | R

Pretty sure Sarkeesian is just in it for the money, she probably doesn't believe half the ***she says or even play video games.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-21 17:37:48
Link | Citer | R

It's ok, I know this is just brought on by your subconscious making decisions for you.

I was being serious.

Our subconsciousness is what makes the majority of our decisions. It's the center of our emotions. The Ego has a very strong self defense mechanism that rejects all foreign ideas or beliefs that would disagree with what's held by that Ego. It's also where self justification comes from. Two opposing ideas can not both be held to be true simultaneously, otherwise its creates an extremely uncomfortable feeling known as cognitive dissonance. This is also why arguing directly with someone never works, their mind simply rejects all foreign ideas with self rationalization that "they are bad".

The only way to get around this is to remove the subconscious filter, which requires years of meditation, introspection, self study and is an extremely difficult thing to do.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-07-21 17:38:45
Link | Citer | R

Saeval that's straight from wikipedia. And that's just the basic background. There's a lot more to the article. I would suggest you read it and reply to it here point by point.

I wasn't there I only know what hit the news about it. I really would like an insider's viewpoint.

Quote:
After a former boyfriend of Quinn wrote a lengthy disparaging blog post about her, others falsely accused her of entering a relationship with a journalist in exchange for positive coverage, and threatened her with assault and murder.
This has been substantiated.

Quote:
Harassment campaigns against Quinn and others were coordinated through these forums and included doxing, threats of rape, and death threats.
This too.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-07-21 17:41:11
Link | Citer | R

Not sure if this should be here or under random sportsball:

NBA to move All-Star Game over North Carolina law

Quote:
(CNN)The 2017 NBA All-Star Game will move from Charlotte, North Carolina, because of that state's controversial transgender bathroom law, the league announced Thursday.

The league said it would make an announcement about where the February game would be played in the coming weeks.

The NBA also said it hopes to hold the 2019 game in Charlotte "provided there is an appropriate resolution to this matter."

Gov. Pat McCrory slammed the decision.....

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Lordgrim
Serveur: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-07-21 18:01:50
Link | Citer | R

Pretty sure Sarkeesian is just in it for the money, she probably doesn't believe half the ***she says or even play video games.

Oh she does this communist *** is a prostitute for George Soros who funds her. He got her to the United Nations to talk ***about how video games demonize women and funds black Lives Matter sowing division in the United States much like both the Democrat and Republican parties do which also take donations fr Soros.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-07-21 18:08:58
Link | Citer | R

Its funny how Saevel tries to take every opportunity to put down progressives even when politics aren't involved. Keep fueling that superiority complex.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-21 18:09:30
Link | Citer | R

Dude, what?
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-21 18:15:01
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
I wasn't there I only know what hit the news about it. I really would like an insider's viewpoint.

I was so shove it.

Don't trust Wiki when it comes to anything political, there are some extremely biased or paid editors involved.

http://time.com/money/3994949/wikipedia-paid-editors/

Zoe Quinn was sleeping with editors and reviewers to get positive reviews for her products while simultaneously being in a relationship. Boyfriend found out and released all that material into the hard core gaming community. Zoe, a militant feminist went nuts and demanded silence from the gaming publications in the name of feminism. The hard core gaming community found out and there was hell to pay, many publicans went on a moderator rampage and all questions or references were deleted and members banned. Then the militant feminists, who had been spending years trying to feminize the publications of that same community with "Political Correctness" got involved and ***got dialed up to 11.

The central issue wasn't that some girl was sleeping around for favorable articles / reviews, that's pretty standard scandal ***. It's the attempt by the gaming publications to do information and narrative control and then later how much control militant feminist had over those publications.

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-21 18:19:49
Link | Citer | R

I just assumed Quinn jumped on the feminist bandwagon after the BF leaked stuff.

Reason I assumed this purely because Quinn posed nude for Suicide Girls and I didn't think a feminist would be ok with being sexualized in that way.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-21 18:25:52
Link | Citer | R

Reason I assumed this purely because Quinn posed nude for Suicide Girls and I didn't think a feminist would be ok with being sexualized in that way.

Excuse me...

It's called being "Sex Positive" and is a huge fad among university students and "twenty-somethings".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex-positive_feminism

Zoe Quinn was a militant feminist when she was in University and stayed that way after.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-07-21 18:29:07
Link | Citer | R

The whole thing is about women begin able to do things they want without being judged or disadvantaged. By anyone.

Y'know, within reason.

-Woman poses nude? Don't *** shame.
-Woman has no interest in having sex with you/someone you know? Don't call her a prude.
-Woman wears a low cut blouse? Don't drool like an imbecile and give unwanted compliments or follow her home.
-Woman shows an interest in geek culture? Don't interrogate them about ***no one actually cares about to prove she's not as geeky as you.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-07-21 18:29:52
Link | Citer | R

One day, maybe I'll understand how people have so much *** trouble understanding this stuff.

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-21 18:36:38
Link | Citer | R

Rae, with all due respect, as soon as someone starts talking feminism they come off as extremely angry and confrontational. You are normally fine to talk to but as soon as someone brings up feminism you seem angry out of nowhere.

If you drop the anger and speak in a way that isn't aggressive or confrontational or angry, people may listen more closely to what you're saying.

A lot of the anti-feminist memes I see focus on how angry and belligerent the subject is.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-21 18:46:34
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Raenil said: »
-Woman poses nude? Don't *** shame.
-Woman has no interest in having sex with you/someone you know? Don't call her a prude.
-Woman wears a low cut blouse? Don't drool like an imbecile and give unwanted compliments or follow her home.
-Woman shows an interest in geek culture? Don't interrogate them about ***no one actually cares about to prove she's not as geeky as you.
All of this is spot on; women should be able to do whatever they want, that's not a foreign thought to most people. The delivery of these facts is where feminism turns into a joke. When you have a woman front and center saying "shut up, and listen to me, and check your privilege you cis-het white male piece of ***!" That's when your message turns from advocacy for gender equality to a mass of anger which internet trolls find funny.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-21 18:47:52
Link | Citer | R

A lot of the anti-feminist memes I see focus on how angry and belligerent the subject is.

Militant feminism is nothing but anger. It boils down to "everything bad that ever happened to me is a mans fault".

Which is really *** up when you consider feminism was originally about self actualization and empowerment. How can a person be empowered if they refuse to take responsibility for the consequences of their actions? That and a whole lot of man hating.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-21 18:53:57
Link | Citer | R

I guess my main point is this; you can get much, much further without anger.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-07-21 18:55:52
Link | Citer | R

I was a second generation feminist. I was never angry. I had a LOT of fun.

Like burning bras* and draft cards in the same blazing trash can. Partying and getting laid afterwards.

I tend to be more angry today but not about feminist stuff. Today's anti feminists are total misogynists, even calling for the repeal of the 19th amendment. I do not blame today's feminists for their anger.

*I kept a spare in my purse.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 82 83 84