Mog Wardrobe 3 & 4 Announced With A Fee.

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Mog Wardrobe 3 & 4 announced with a fee.
Mog Wardrobe 3 & 4 announced with a fee.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 17 18 19
 Siren.Bruno
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2016-06-30 11:08:19
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Svens said: »
Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
Stop giving them ideas. Next they're going to add more AH slots, extra crafts, extra login points, extra gobbie points, extra marbles at an extra monthly fee

What's that saying? "Give an inch and they'll take a mile"? To the people who are okay with this optional addition, would you be okay with other additional charges for things we've been given freely in the past? We were given wardrobe 1, wardrobe 2, mog safe 2, mog sack, and mog case for free, why should they have to charge now?

Monthly campaigns? Now sold via the cash shop - additional if you want the PLUS edition.

Trusts? Now more readily available at the cash shop, with new, overpowered ones introduced exclusively for the cash shop.

Mog bonanza prizes? Just buy them directly at the cash shop! No need to farm for that ultimate weapon, or perhaps you would like the Kupo Shield to print gil lockstyle instead.

Tired of getting butt *** by Oseem and Divainy-Gamainy? Just pay to max out your stock of stones, including a bonus set of dark matter augments. Or perhaps they should charge for exclusive +1 and +2 Reisenjima stones instead?

Zoning constantly for ambuscade got you down? Pay for a stack of Abdhaljs seals, or perhaps for a set of items to augment 1 cape fully.

Locked out of quests or missions due to outdated or excessive prerequisites such as fame or coalition standing? For a small fee, just pay to max out your fame, coalition rank, or whatever, you'll probably do it.

Realistically this will probably be XI mobile though.
 Hades.Castorfr
Serveur: Hades
user: Castorfr
By Hades.Castorfr 2016-06-30 11:09:08
Link | Citer | R

Here is the cow, let's get some milk out of it!!!
Seriously SE?!? we've been paying your monthly fees every months for some of us nearly 15 years all you find now is to try to get more money from us (30% it's crazy) for something everybody was begging for, for i don't know how long.
I'm sorry but i can't take it no more, you're way out of your mind with that idea...
You'll probably get a few bucks from some of us but you're going to loose a lot of players who are tired of your *** (include myself).

Bye
[+]
By volkom 2016-06-30 11:28:24
Link | Citer | R

Feels like half the people whining don't even play.
None of it is being forced. There's clear workarounds. Go make a mule for $1 and get more space and suffer the inconvenience or pay and have the extra space to play around with.
[+]
By aryantes 2016-06-30 11:32:33
Link | Citer | R

I do the same thing with every other aspect of my life already.

Buy admission ticket to some event? want to reserve seat? want VIP line? early access? pay more money. Essentially cutting in front of other people for cash.

Buy food? want extra toppings? bigger sizes? pay more money.

Buy cell phone? want more data usage? pay more money. Am I gonna pay verizon $2.99 for visual voicemail? no, i don't want to. Do I pay more for a large data plan? yes i do, and I don't complain about it because I use a lot of data and need a lot of data.

FFXI is a pretty damned good product for me and if I can experience it better by paying more money, I probably will.

Same as buying mules and dual boxing. I would say paying for the ability to dual box is way more powerful than any wardrobe will be.

$4.00 probably saves me hours and hours of time with inventory management.

Is it annoying that SE isn't being the nice guy and providing it for free? sure. Do I fault them for it? not really.

Is it a game balance changing purchase? personally I don't think so. I may change my tune if they create something that gives you real power for cash.

Anyone would be mad if you could OP yourself with cash, I just don't see this wardrobe as a way to say that SE is a terrible evil company. Maybe in the future they will be, but not now.

If they increased the subscription price by $1.00 or $2.00 for EVERYBODY and gave everybody the new wardrobes and more features, would the public response be different?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin 2016-06-30 11:45:14
Link | Citer | R

Something something something Dark Side.

^how I feel every time I see all the whining in these types of threads.

Let's complain about what might happen later, but rather than enjoy the game until it happens, we'll butthurt now.

Nothing wrong with this model, especially when you factor in:
1. They will have to add storage space/servers for all of that gear, which costs money.
2. This game costs the same as it did when it came out. 14 years ago a 1 bedroom apartment in NJ was 600 bucks.. it's like 900 bucks today.. gas went up 3 times.. and FFXI is still the same price.

If they start adding in fees to win and only way you can win, then I will join you with the pitchforks and torches, for now I'm going to relax and not stress about things that are out of my control.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dubai
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2016-06-30 11:46:41
Link | Citer | R

You guys do realise its an "Optional Fee" right?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-06-30 11:53:24
Link | Citer | R

On one hand, I kinda need this. My BLU gear alone is around 200 items right now without counting weapons, which stay in my satchel when not in use. That number is not going to decrease any time soon and I'm already passing up on some small things like refresh+1 gear, so like it or not I'll probably need a third wardrobe soon. That's without even considering my RUN gear, which I could put in wardrobe 4 so that I don't have to move gear around while changing jobs anymore.

On the other hand, I already paid for this. To extend on an analogy made above, SE is basically offering us an all-you-can eat buffet and then charging extra for the salad bar. Not sure I'm okay with that. Maybe if it was a small one-time fee, but $2-4 per month? I don't see how that's reasonable.
[+]
 Fenrir.Svens
user: Tenkey
By Fenrir.Svens 2016-06-30 11:55:56
Link | Citer | R

One only has to look at XIV to see what the cash shop will eventually become with exclusive items, varied boosters, and the obligatory vanity ***. For those who play XIV, imagine having to pay for additional armory space for each equipment slot, instead of just retainers. There would probably be pitchforks and torches due to that game doubling down on job/class exclusive gear. We're already walking down that path with JSE capes from Ambuscade...
[+]
 Cerberus.Cruxus
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2016-06-30 11:56:46
Link | Citer | R

The way I see it if you benefit from these for a need, great go for it. However the way I see myself playing is that the more inventory I'm afforded the more garbage I carry around like I need it, when I don't. I'll pass on paid inventory increase, but cheers to those who can justify and need it.
[+]
 Asura.Azriel
Serveur: Asura
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-06-30 11:57:14
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
On one hand, I kinda need this. My BLU gear alone is around 200 items right now
 Shiva.Kasaioni
Serveur: Shiva
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2016-06-30 12:01:09
Link | Citer | R

Hmmm, yeah, I'd sooner just purchase another character and pay the monthly fee for that, than pay a monthly fee for 80-160 spaces to store gear. Should have been like unlocking the mog satchel when getting the security token; a one-time thing.
[+]
 Asura.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-06-30 12:23:55
Link | Citer | R

Candlejack said: »
Bismarck.Dubai said: »
You do realize if they're given an inch they'll take a mile, and next thing you know there'll be cash shop only benefits for FFXI that you'll be paying extra for.

You do realize that's an argument for another day when the times comes right?
[+]
 Asura.Raelia
user: Raelia
By Asura.Raelia 2016-06-30 12:33:19
Link | Citer | R

Buy it for one month, fill it with stuff you'll never get rid of, then stop paying for it.

I expect the spaghetti will let you keep equipping from it.

This game does need about a dozen more hairstyles per race though that I'd drop a couple bucks to pick from...
By fonewear 2016-06-30 12:38:39
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Raelia said: »
Buy it for one month, fill it with stuff you'll never get rid of, then stop paying for it.

I expect the spaghetti will let you keep equipping from it.

This game does need about a dozen more hairstyles per race though that I'd drop a couple bucks to pick from...

My reaction to more hairstyles when the jobs are not balanced:

[+]
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2016-06-30 12:42:50
Link | Citer | R

Mog Wardrobe 3 and 4 <3
but pay 4 € for more zoning lag seems joke ^^
[+]
 Asura.Raelia
By Asura.Raelia 2016-06-30 12:44:07
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
My reaction to more hairstyles when the jobs are not balanced

It's been almost a decade and a half. Jobs will never be balanced (could hurry the *** up with 2-hander parity though). I'd rather stop being a clone now.

Glory to the One True God.
By fonewear 2016-06-30 12:45:22
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Raelia said: »
My reaction to more hairstyles when the jobs are not balanced

It's been almost a decade and a half. Jobs will never be balanced. I'd rather stop being a clone now.

Glory to the One True God.

How is a cosmetic change going to make people want to keep playing this exactly ? Is having a different color hair or face make the game more enjoyable ?
 Asura.Ophiucus
user: Ophiucus
By Asura.Ophiucus 2016-06-30 12:45:25
Link | Citer | R

The way I see it, wardrobe 3 & 4 should have been as a QoL included with the regular monthly sub fee; maybe an incentive with a release of a "history of vanadiel" book or w/e similar to the software token. Resources involved in opening another 80/160 inventory slots should be no more difficult then copy+paste (okay maybe slightly more cause of the spaghetti code). Sure its optional, hell I don't play anywhere near my capacity with what I have now and at this point I have already resided to the fact I just want to complete seeker's and RoV missions to finish out the story and be satisfied, my active FFXIness hasn't been present since the end of abyssea and at this point I'm just leeching along. So I'll never have the need to utilize the extra service.

So this isn't so much whining or anything, I'm just dissapointed and held SE to a higher standard. Sure they're a company and honestly this is a great financial move with the state FFXI's in, maybe a handful of people will get upset and leave but this should be a good revenue boost, especially since the resource cost is going to be little more than the labor work it took to chalk up the idea. The general software market is currently prime to cash in on opportunities like this.

Also kinda funny consoles were the bane of 'inventory remediation' and now that they're gone they adding an extra price for the remediations.
[+]
 Fenrir.Svens
user: Tenkey
By Fenrir.Svens 2016-06-30 12:46:09
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Foreverj said: »
Candlejack said: »
Bismarck.Dubai said: »
You do realize if they're given an inch they'll take a mile, and next thing you know there'll be cash shop only benefits for FFXI that you'll be paying extra for.

You do realize that's an argument for another day when the times comes right?
Didn't we already do that with Heavy metal plates and the rift items/marrows/scorias? How about instead of getting stuck with a fee for additional storage and stopping future ***, we stop the *** immediately this time?
[+]
 Asura.Raelia
By Asura.Raelia 2016-06-30 12:47:15
Link | Citer | R

Real talk? New and mid-tier players don't see endgame balance changes, but make up the majority of game income. Part of why games seem to focus on cosmetic and visual offerings is because that is far more apparent 'work' towards improving the game than careful tuning and balance changes. Why do you think League of Legends is so successful?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-06-30 12:48:57
Link | Citer | R

We want moar free ***!
 Shiva.Shruiken
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2016-06-30 12:53:27
Link | Citer | R

aryantes said: »
Buy food? want extra toppings? bigger sizes? pay more money.

the food i'm buying wasn't made 14 years ago.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-06-30 12:53:31
Link | Citer | R

How is a cosmetic change going to make people want to keep playing this exactly ? Is having a different color hair or face make the game more enjoyable ?
I'd still give SE a few bucks for a race change. Dressup exists and mostly covers that issue on my end at least, but sometimes I load as the wrong (original) race on my alt's window until I perform an action.
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2016-06-30 12:58:31
Link | Citer | R

The reality of this is the majority of dedicated players (not just end game) still devoted to the game, plugged into a steadfast community and continuously pursuing goals aren't going to be phased by this.

As it has been mentioned many times already, hardly anyone is exempt from harsh inventory issues right now. This isn't even just an issue of being able to gear other jobs. Many jobs themselves require multiple sets in order to be recognized as being properly geared for today's end game.

How many screenshots have we seen of someone posting 10 different Herculean or Merlinic sets? In all actuality, each of those sets are most likely serving a specific and useful purpose. So it doesn't take a Masters degree in math to see the value in having access to 160 more inventory spaces.

Should we have to pay for it, though? I don't know. I'm kind of on the fence about it.

I think what irritates me more than anything is I know because I'm fully dedicated to the game still I feel like I'm forced to subscribe to the extra Wardrobes simply because my inventory is hurting really bad as is right now, and it's preventing me from developing other jobs I'd love to play (or jobs my linkshell needs).
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-06-30 12:59:26
Link | Citer | R

Oh my. My experience from other games who had online shops, or were free-to-play and began offering game-changing rewards for real money .. were games that ending up losing their playerbase and don't exist anymore.

I once played a game called Mythos. I loved the hell out of that game and was addicted. It was free to play, but the same week they added an online shop was the week the game lost so many players. No one thought it was fair that you could pay your way through the game. Yes, SE has not offered us 99 Primeval Brews in Reisenjima for the sweet deal of £5 a month ... but what if they do? What if they start charging for game-breaking rewards?

That's what I'm worred about, and I'm guessing that's what others are worried about. I wouldn't have minded if they raised the monthly fee a little bit for everyone and we got the wardrobes and other cool things without any choice in the matter. But the fact it's optional? It means the system will likely expand in the future, and if anyone does buy these ... it will get worse. They will try to squeeze as much money out of us as possible. Once it gets so far, people will see it as a game where real money = game progression, and that's not what FFXI is about. We already have trouble on some of the quieter servers ... so I'm really worried now.

Luckily I only play a few jobs and don't need 4 mog wardrobes. But I feel for those who play 7-8 jobs and continue to struggle. Why should they be paying more per month because they like to play many jobs? While I can get away with it because I only play 3-4? That's the real worry here, and I see why some are angry about it. Those who encourage this "shop" mentality from SE will only damage the game in the long run.
[+]
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2016-06-30 13:02:07
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Oh my. My experience from other games who had online shops, or were free-to-play and began offering game-changing rewards for real money .. were games that ending up losing their playerbase and don't exist anymore.

I once played a game called Mythos. I loved the hell out of that game and was addicted. It was free to play, but the same week they added an online shop was the week the game lost so many players. No one thought it was fair that you could pay your way through the game. Yes, SE has not offered us 99 Primeval Brews in Reisenjima for the sweet deal of £5 a month ... but what if they do? What if they start charging for game-breaking rewards?

That's what I'm worred about, and I'm guessing that's what others are worried about. I wouldn't have minded if they raised the monthly fee a little bit for everyone and we got the wardrobes and other cool things. But the fact its optional? It means the system will likely expand in the future, and if anyone does happen to buy these ... it will get worse. They will try to squeeze as much money out of us as possible. Once it gets so far, people will see it as a game where real money = game progression, and that's not what FFXI is about. We already have trouble on some of the quieter servers ... so I'm really worried now.

Luckily I only play a few jobs and don't need 4 mog wardrobes. But I feel for those who play 7-8 jobs and continue to struggle. Why should they be paying more per month because they like to play many jobs? While I can get away with it because I only play 3-4? That's the real worry here, and I see why some are angry about it. Those who encourage this "shop" mentality from SE will only damage the game in the long run.

SE has commanded a monthly subscription for 14 years even well beyond the time frame that most MMO's went to free-to-play. Those still highly dedicated to the game aren't going anywhere as a result of this.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-30 13:08:39
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
I can picture them adding mystery boxes that might have consumable merit point items job point items or random currencys. making them like 2000 login points/rare NM drop or 50 cents each to get extra or something. that way if you have a job that is garbage to farm job points on you can swap to it and use the job point consumable, slowly finishing that job off over time.

but in the very least yeah a race changing item would probably do decently, and it just forces you back to the starting choosing race screen or something (so it's minimal work on their part and can't complain about it being too complicated to impliment)

That sounds like a terrible idea...they will do it !
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 17 18 19