Mog Wardrobe 3 & 4 Announced With A Fee.

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Mog Wardrobe 3 & 4 announced with a fee.
Mog Wardrobe 3 & 4 announced with a fee.
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19
 Shiva.Layowen
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Layowen
By Shiva.Layowen 2016-07-02 15:56:29
Link | Citer | R

Personally, I'll pay for w/e they decide to come out with. I may not be the most active player anymore, but I do love the game and will support them. I already pay for multiple accounts, what a few more bucks?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Traxus
Serveur: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2016-07-02 16:07:35
Link | Citer | R

If FFXI servers are costing SE too much to maintain, they would have merged away all of those dead ones by now lol.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Layowen
Serveur: Shiva
user: Layowen
By Shiva.Layowen 2016-07-02 16:32:03
Link | Citer | R

I wish they would cut a few servers down anyways... Shiva NA pop is roughly 600'ish average but we have a huge JP population... upwards of 1400
 Asura.Diavos
Serveur: Asura
user: Diavolo
By Asura.Diavos 2016-07-02 16:38:08
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
Not trolling lol It's $4, so I don't see why all the hoopla about it.

This line of thinking begs the question, how much is too much for a monthly subscription to FFXI? If $4 is a laughable amount I imagine you'd be comfortable paying a monthly subscription fee a good bit higher than $17. Do you think that's the sort of thing that will help or hurt the game?
[+]
 Asura.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-07-02 17:17:11
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Diavos said: »
Not trolling lol It's $4, so I don't see why all the hoopla about it.

This line of thinking begs the question, how much is too much for a monthly subscription to FFXI? If $4 is a laughable amount I imagine you'd be comfortable paying a monthly subscription fee a good bit higher than $17. Do you think that's the sort of thing that will help or hurt the game?

I'm paying 34 a month for 2 chars plus mule. I think I'm overpaying. I think I'm going to cut it down to 30 bucks a month. That will pay for 2 char and have 4 bucks left over for mog wardrobe 3 and 4 so yes I'm already paying more then 17 a month.
 Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster 2016-07-02 17:34:38
Link | Citer | R

!!

Moar room for.....
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Serveur: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-07-02 18:54:42
Link | Citer | R

Candlejack said: »
Draylo said: »
How much is four dollars? I'm not trying to troll or probe or anything. But is four dollars really that much for something? It's just four dollars :D

Idk if you're trolling but its been brought up like 50 times in this thread... Also idk if this was posted from DEV but

Quote:
"We're currently looking into how to distribute the Ark Angel alter egos so stay tuned for updates!
Thanks for your feedback concerning alter egos you'd like to see in the future and please keep them coming! "

panic or no? lol
Not trolling lol It's $4, so I don't see why all the hoopla about it. I think it is very needed for some, because I knew a few people that were super tight with space and even after the first sets of wardrobes were released it was only a matter of time before those too were filled. It will be needed eventually and I would get it even though I only main 1 job but use the current wardrobes for gears and replace my new found space by filling them with synth stuff. As far as the ark angel stuff . . . could just make each statue a drop from each of their respective BCNM, higher difficulty=higher chance of dropping.
The hoopla is the following, as it's been explained before:\
If SE can soak you for $4 for VIRTUAL storage, what else can they soak you for, and for how much?
If it was honestly that SE needs the extra $4, then why not raise the subscription price to $17.00 U.S.D for the basic service (Content id for one character) on everyone and be done with it, while making wardrobes 3 and 4 unlockable via quests like all the other storage made available in the past? It's only a step away from SE adding a Cash Shop with "pay to win" benefits.
Keep one thing in mind: It's not that I'm outright against SE adding a cash shop to FFXI. It's just that they shouldn't be offering things like fully upgraded R/M/E/A weapons, fully upgraded relic armor, storage slots, or anything really game breaking through it. Mounts? Maybe. Tattoos? Possible. Different hair color and ability to change your character's race? Maybe. Those are, however, cosmetic changes only. They don't mean jack ***if you're out farming or locked into a fight, meaning they aren't game breaking additions.
You are right. But they have not done this. Everyone is angry about something that didn't happen and may never happen. All you angry people need to calm down. Why get upset about something you imagined?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-02 19:17:07
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Foreverj said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
For me I wouldn't mind this wardrobe 3,4 because it's a good option to have. An option is better then no option. I wouldn't mind a 1-2 dollar double cap points thing too. If they selling a mythic for 100 dollars, let the fools buy it. It's no biggie really.

Well you can already buy REMA's with cash, just need to go through a third party vender first. REM's are just gil sinks and Aeonic's are about finding a merc LS and paying them the gil for it. And guess what, you can buy gil with real cash. Current conversion rate on Asura is $2.5/M give or take.

These days I see tons of merc shouts, people paying gil for various gear all the damn time. Gil that can be bought with hard cash. The player community as already created a Pay-to-Win system despite SE's best efforts. So honestly I would rather SE be the recipient of the cash then gil sellers.

The game at this point is build rmeas and make Gil. You buy 999million Gil with cash defeats my purpose of playing the game. If a rich fool wanna do it then good for them.

Well yeah but it's still happening and most importantly it demonstrated we already have a Pay-To-Win system in place, just one implemented by the players and third party gil sellers. Lots of those players who constantly merc end up selling the excess gil to the gil venders who then sell that gill back to the ones paying for the merc in the first place.

If it's 2.5 a million how much can they sell it to them for? 1 dollar? And if they back 10 million per hour they only making 10 real dollar an hour. That's terrible lol

Never said it was great money lol, always has me scratching my head but /shrug.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-02 19:25:10
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
Draylo said: »
How much is four dollars? I'm not trying to troll or probe or anything. But is four dollars really that much for something? It's just four dollars :D

Idk if you're trolling but its been brought up like 50 times in this thread... Also idk if this was posted from DEV but

Quote:
"We're currently looking into how to distribute the Ark Angel alter egos so stay tuned for updates!
Thanks for your feedback concerning alter egos you'd like to see in the future and please keep them coming! "

panic or no? lol
Not trolling lol It's $4, so I don't see why all the hoopla about it. I think it is very needed for some, because I knew a few people that were super tight with space and even after the first sets of wardrobes were released it was only a matter of time before those too were filled. It will be needed eventually and I would get it even though I only main 1 job but use the current wardrobes for gears and replace my new found space by filling them with synth stuff. As far as the ark angel stuff . . . could just make each statue a drop from each of their respective BCNM, higher difficulty=higher chance of dropping.
The hoopla is the following, as it's been explained before:\
If SE can soak you for $4 for VIRTUAL storage, what else can they soak you for, and for how much?
If it was honestly that SE needs the extra $4, then why not raise the subscription price to $17.00 U.S.D for the basic service (Content id for one character) on everyone and be done with it, while making wardrobes 3 and 4 unlockable via quests like all the other storage made available in the past? It's only a step away from SE adding a Cash Shop with "pay to win" benefits.
Keep one thing in mind: It's not that I'm outright against SE adding a cash shop to FFXI. It's just that they shouldn't be offering things like fully upgraded R/M/E/A weapons, fully upgraded relic armor, storage slots, or anything really game breaking through it. Mounts? Maybe. Tattoos? Possible. Different hair color and ability to change your character's race? Maybe. Those are, however, cosmetic changes only. They don't mean jack ***if you're out farming or locked into a fight, meaning they aren't game breaking additions.
You are right. But they have not done this. Everyone is angry about something that didn't happen and may never happen. All you angry people need to calm down. Why get upset about something you imagined?
I'm going off of the $4 posts. I would and will pay for more space. The only thing pushing my decision is that $4 is nothing to me. Anger leads to the dark side ^^

And by everyone he means an incredibly small group of self selecting individuals who don't really do much else.
[+]
By Selindrile 2016-07-02 19:27:19
Link | Citer | R

For what it's worth, I'm (and I'm sure others) not only potentially upset about what might happen, I'm also upset about 4$ for wardrobes, 4$ isn't that much money sure, but it's a lot for 2 frigging wardrobes, on a game I'm already overpaying for compared to what I could get elsewhere.

I don't like the feeling of the game company monetizing non-cosmetic items, and I'm debating quitting, only thing keeping me around is my friends on the game.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Serveur: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-07-02 19:44:33
Link | Citer | R

Selindrile said: »

For what it's worth, I'm (and I'm sure others) not only potentially upset about what might happen, I'm also upset about 4$ for wardrobes, 4$ isn't that much money sure, but it's a lot for 2 frigging wardrobes, on a game I'm already overpaying for compared to what I could get elsewhere.

I don't like the feeling of the game company monetizing non-cosmetic items, and I'm debating quitting, only thing keeping me around is my friends on the game.
And especially considering we got wardrobes 1 and 2 for freebies, quested a bigger gobbie bag, quested a bigger mog safe, payed gil for almost all the other forms of storage, then shelled out $10.00 U.S.D for the security token and got access to the Mog Satchel due to having done that.
I have no issue with people who play this game being upset about having to pay another $4 for the wardrobes. That's your opinion and it's perfectly valid.
What's annoying is all the people who don't even play screaming that SE is going to start selling kogas if this works. And you can tell they don't play cause why would anyone spend money on a koga? Since they don't play and this doesn't affect them, it makes me wonder what their agenda is for making up stories to get everyone worked up.
I think a lot of people who quit and still hang around this forum just want others to quit to validate their decision.
[+]
By Afania 2016-07-02 19:53:30
Link | Citer | R

Selindrile said: »

And especially considering we got wardrobes 1 and 2 for freebies, quested a bigger gobbie bag, quested a bigger mog safe, payed gil for almost all the other forms of storage, then shelled out $10.00 U.S.D for the security token and got access to the Mog Satchel due to having done that.
I have no issue with people who play this game being upset about having to pay another $4 for the wardrobes. That's your opinion and it's perfectly valid.
What's annoying is all the people who don't even play screaming that SE is going to start selling kogas if this works. And you can tell they don't play cause why would anyone spend money on a koga? Since they don't play and this doesn't affect them, it makes me wonder what their agenda is for making up stories to get everyone worked up.
I think a lot of people who quit and still hang around this forum just want others to quit to validate their decision.

Actually, a lot of players in this thread that said "no thanks" to cash shop FFXI still plays, they just stopped posting ages ago as this discussion is currently going no where.
[+]
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-07-02 21:17:44
Link | Citer | R

[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Milamber
Serveur: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2016-07-03 00:32:47
Link | Citer | R

It seems no one has asked the question of what happens if you stop paying?
By Titanfoo 2016-07-03 00:51:26
Link | Citer | R

It seems it's tied to your monthly payment, so your game won't turn on
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-07-03 00:58:35
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Milamber said: »

Probably locks you out of transferring anything to/from the deactivated wardrobe(s), so any items you put in there are basically held ransom until you pay again unless they add a moogle or something that lets you retrieve the items from an inactive storage box.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Serveur: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2016-07-03 01:05:55
Link | Citer | R

It would more than likely be exactly how your locker works with imperial bronze. Except this time the moogle will be asking for real money
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-03 03:52:12
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Milamber said: »

Several people have asked, once every other page or so.

There is already a similiar system in the game involving you paying imperial currency. Also additional accounts loaded with gear also exist. In both cases you temporarily lose access to those inventories until you reactive or pay the imperial currency.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
Serveur: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-07-03 07:42:53
Link | Citer | R

Honest question to the people saying that there's no indication that this is the beginning of a trend: Can you name one MMO that introduced a cash shop with gameplay enhancing items and stopped after the first batch of enhacemnts?

I have to first say that this first service only barely, if at all, makes XI a cash-shop game.

I'm not fond of cash shop games (probably obvious ._.) but that's because I've played them and have firsthand experience with the nickel and dime nature (or the dollar and five nature) and it has been a negative experience.

As I said before, if SE wants to sell a gold crab mount (or the yovra mount that I've only seen some player mention, I'll shake my head, laugh, and move on. But I really genuinely think this is different. Six months ago, I wouldn't have been worried about XI selling enhanced service, even though the state and population wasn't much better, but now that they've begun to do it (well, announced that they will), I am worried.

Maybe 6 months from now, you can all point and laugh at me and others in this thread and say we were wrong, or we can laugh (and cry) that the only double-exp method anymore is through a cash shop.

CP grind is one of the most ridiculously boring things in the game. I would be insulted if SE had a paid way around it *completely hypotheitically*.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-07-03 08:01:51
Link | Citer | R

Well, I have to say, based on the speed at which SE is adding additional pay-to-use options to the POL service we'll see the next addition added in about 14 more years.

In many other MMO's multiple characters are free, SE charges for them. They've been doing paid storage for over a decade now.
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-07-03 08:33:24
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Maybe 6 months from now, you can all point and laugh me at everyone who keeps failing to talk others in quitting the game and others in this thread and say we were wrong, or we can laugh (and cry) that the only double-exp method anymore is through a cash shop.

Isn't that how exactly posting here works out anyway. Make ppl post postraumatical threads/posts full off halucinating and doomsday talk? Then gang on ppl enjoying the game and calling them /White Knights/.
If not i must have missed the note.

Go dance at Lincolns Memorial and discuss with authoritys there if you so much into that kind of nonsense to valid your point how unfair the world and SE is to you.

I have yet to see an mmo made by those ppl posting the same ***over and over again here. If you can do it better, then do it.

And if you think all that is worth your time - go to Steam Forums and have fun with DEV teams there. If you think SE sucks - try some others for a while ;) I'll see you in a few months in 11 again tho.
My experience and PoV.

On the Token Topic, this was an unfair advantage also. When it was out there was no way in some countries to obtain that thing at all - or it had to be imported via Netherlands or the UK.
Then there also was the battery issue on that damn thing also wich made ppl back off to buy it.
Anyway - i knew andknow alot of ppl that never got a way to even buy that token and never had a satchel and that was at a time where when you had 4 jobs main'ed you been sitting on maybe 5 free inventory slots - while others run around bragging how cool token is, said ppl went emo and called it an unfair advantage - years later the Token is confirmed as a fair way of buisness ...
Dude i just dont lol after 6 months i lol after every new patch/update/tweak they do when i come here and read posts.

***is still far from DAED GAIME. And coming here reading trolls news allways made my day.

You get an addition service offered, they decided you have to pay dollahz this time. Nothing to get upset about. Move on.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19