Forum » FFXI » General » Announcing the July Version Update
Announcing the July Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2016-06-29 09:06:51
Link | Citer | R

Ok a note about Epeo vs Aettir, and this is going to bruise a lot of ego's. Aettir is better for practically all fights T3 and above. Physical damage won't hurt you, it's just a minor nuisance. Magic damage and most importantly status ailments are what's going to cripple you and Aettir is simply far better at dealing with that. Epeo shines when your needing to super tank a bunch of things that don't do many status ailments.

So not only do you not need an Epeo, but it's actually worse off then the JSE for the higher end fights due to not having MEVD.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-06-29 09:12:30
Link | Citer | R

You know, if they added in more traits to all the other jobs, it would actually be a way to buff all other jobs but BLU, thus doing what all the BLU's are hoping and not nerfing them (I still think their defense should get nerfed, and I think maybe best way would be to not let MG and Cocoon stack).

For THF I want magic evasion traits, keeps with the core of the job and I generally prefer survival over all else(as I either have more DPS than is really needed or I can't survive for ***so DPS doesn't matter). I'd certainly accept some accuracy bonus traits though.
By Odinz 2016-06-29 09:15:55
Link | Citer | R

I'm actually happy with balanced PLD Burt/Aegis are with Ergon RUN.
I like how which tank you bring has implications on how the fights are fought as well.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-06-29 09:18:13
Link | Citer | R

Odinz said: »
I like how which tank you bring has implications on how the fights are fought as well.

Honestly I think they need to buff PLD and give it a melee version of Rayke/Gambit.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-06-29 09:21:53
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Odinz said: »

Honestly I think they need to buff PLD and give it a melee version of Rayke/Gambit.

I agree with this. The only thing PLD has over RUN really is just supertanking at this point. Otherwise there isn't any particular reason to use one if you have a good RUN or PUP. The only thing the job does is not die, whereas RUN has Rayke/Gambit and PUP has an unresistable absorb/dispel and doesn't require a healer.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-06-29 09:26:33
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Sandraa said: »
unless im *** all my maths
lil' bit, yeah

And by that I mean holy *** when are you going to stop being bad at this

You know, if they added in more traits to all the other jobs, it would actually be a way to buff all other jobs but BLU, thus doing what all the BLU's are hoping and not nerfing them (I still think their defense should get nerfed, and I think maybe best way would be to not let MG and Cocoon stack).
BLU doesn't need nerfs.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-06-29 09:31:19
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
BLU doesn't need nerfs.

Their defense does a bit, yeah. Defense+75%, highest magic evasion capability of any non-RUN melee, 11 shadows...all a bit too much added up.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-06-29 09:34:28
Link | Citer | R

11 unreliable shadows.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-06-29 09:35:50
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Calatilla said: »
11 unreliable shadows.

Compared to how many shadows the other melee get...?
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-06-29 09:41:56
Link | Citer | R

If BLU is tanking something that needs to be blink tanked they'll be /nin. Because occultation isn't reliable enough to take everything, 11 shadows or not. At least with ustusemi you know if you have shadows up you won't be hit unless it's an aoe.

If occultation acted like utsusemi then it would be overpowered, but it's more like blink.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-06-29 09:42:07
Link | Citer | R

Almost as if the job trades power for utility, what a concept.

inb4 someone says CDC has 2.25 fTP
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-06-29 09:44:32
Link | Citer | R

Almost as if the job trades power for utility, what a concept.

inb4 someone says CDC has 2.25 fTP

So BLU is below most DD in power because it has utility?
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-06-29 09:46:12
Link | Citer | R

That's the usual goal when balancing hybrids, yes.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-06-29 09:47:47
Link | Citer | R

So you think BLU actually is below most DD in power?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2016-06-29 09:50:38
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Calatilla said: »
At least with ustusemi you know if you have shadows up you won't be hit unless it's an aoe.
Just an off comment but utsu can take full aoe's. There are certain ones which will take 2-3 shadows but you won't get hit and it doesn't just wipe them. Problem is you have to know which moves do that and which don't.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-06-29 09:51:45
Link | Citer | R

Occultation is far too expensive with a long *** recast, any fight that wipes shadows renders it useless unless the BLU has a Tizona and doesn't mind spending half the fight in casting animation / lock.

When it's useful it tends to be incredibly useful, otherwise it's just a waste of 3 set points. Cocoon is the same, it's over written and blocked by any form of defense down, which everything remotely dangerous has. It necessitates using an erase then reapplying it, only to have it removed again next TP move. When it's useful it's extremely useful, otherwise it's a waste of casting time.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-06-29 09:53:04
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
Occultation is far too expensive with a long *** recast, any fight that wipes shadows renders it useless unless the BLU has a Tizona and doesn't mind spending half the fight in casting animation / lock.

When it's useful it tends to be incredibly useful, otherwise it's just a waste of 3 set points. Cocoon is the same, it's over written and blocked by any form of defense down, which everything remotely dangerous has. It necessitates using an erase then reapplying it, only to have it removed again next TP move. When it's useful it's extremely useful, otherwise it's a waste of casting time.

So you're saying if Cocoon and MG didn't stack, most BLU's wouldn't even notice the difference?
[+]
By geigei 2016-06-29 09:59:20
Link | Citer | R

People are going full potato on this forum lately, dunno whats going on. On a side note....anyone discussed the latest exploit with moogle? Some got stupid rich fast, including some of the posters here.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-06-29 10:09:21
Link | Citer | R

Last night's findings knock BLU's theoretical DPS from pure CDC spam down by about 20%. There are probably some playstyle optimizations we can make with this information to eke out a couple more percent, but as of now my answer is yes.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2016-06-29 10:11:10
Link | Citer | R

Last night's findings knock BLU's theoretical DPS from CDC spam down by about 20%. There are probably some playstyle optimizations we can make with this information to eke out a couple more percent, but as of now my answer is yes.
Has the DPS sheet been updated?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-06-29 10:11:44
Link | Citer | R

Yeah.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2016-06-29 10:13:51
Link | Citer | R

geigei said: »
People are going full potato on this forum lately, dunno whats going on. On a side note....anyone discussed the latest exploit with moogle? Some got stupid rich fast, including some of the posters here.

I read it a couple times but dont know about the drill, what did ppl do?? i thought it got patched already
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-06-29 10:14:33
Link | Citer | R

Last night's findings knock BLU's theoretical DPS from pure CDC spam down by about 20%. There are probably some playstyle optimizations we can make with this information to eke out a couple more percent, but as of now my answer is yes.

Neat. Still see some BLU's that are very impressive out there, but I think this is mostly the magic of CDC and crits. I can never get even stacked Rudra's to hit very hard on avatars, but I have seen many different BLU's toss out CDC's that hit nearly as hard as a stacked Rudra's, which seems absolutely absurd to me considering in a more ideal scenario my stacked Rudra's is 2-4x CDC damage.

BLU's major thing that bugs me is they try to force party config to skip haste cap, but this is why I advocate for MG to be AOE baseline so the job can supply haste to the party.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-06-29 10:21:14
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I still think better distribution of magic haste sources would go a long way for easing issues with party composition/buffs right now. Haste II for WHM/SCH when?
[+]
By geigei 2016-06-29 10:24:08
Link | Citer | R

Selling clusters to ephemeral moogle i think, it was patched yea but suddenly no names running around with multiple hq's on multiple jobs so i guess nobody got banned.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-06-29 10:24:41
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I still think better distribution of magic haste sources would go a long way for easing issues with party composition/buffs right now. Haste II for WHM/SCH when?

Well, I actually made a suggestion for haste 3 for RDM. But I've also heard there's no room for new magic spells or something, so they'd need to effectively buff Haste 2 to 45%, and thinking just buff Haste to 30% values. Or maybe 22% or something. This makes SMN and RDM able to fully haste cap on their own and I think would open up some party config options.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-06-29 10:44:46
Link | Citer | R

Magic Haste is our biggest problem right now, I'm loath to hand Haste II to WHM/SCH when those are already extremely powerful. I'd prefer to make Curaga III level 49, while giving WHM Erase II + Erasega to change up the healer selection system.
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2016-06-29 10:51:48
Link | Citer | R

WHM Erase II

Yes please.

Asura.Saevel said:
Erasega to change up the healer selection system.

Don't take my away!
[+]
 Asura.Cyleena
user: Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2016-06-29 10:56:57
Link | Citer | R

geigei said: »
Selling clusters to ephemeral moogle i think, it was patched yea but suddenly no names running around with multiple hq's on multiple jobs so i guess nobody got banned.

SE patched the salvage issue before implementing bans, so who knows they might still be coming.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2016-06-29 11:28:27
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Sandraa said: »
The reason for the people still use PLD my group included its because Aeigis magic damage taken II. I tried Tank on WAR and DRK some NMS and got destroyed on proper DT reduction sets. I would love hear more about that RUN strategy cuz im surprised they can survive.

Holy f*ck ballz....

RUN has the highest MDB and MEVD in the game, PLD use's Aegis to be on the same level as a naked RUN, then the RUN puts on gear. If your looking to reduce magic damage, RUN absolutely crush's PLD here. The difference is shield blocks let a PLD take less physical damage from auto-attacks*. This ceases to be an advantage on T4's due to their obscene level putting any shield under the 5% block rate floor. That leaves RUN taking less magic damage while also getting hit by fewer enfeebles. RUN then amplifies the group damage in two ways, first being a flat +30% increase from gambit, second being a massive boost from removing the -SDT effect NM's get from consecutive nukes via Rayke.
* and physical ws. Also preventing add effects when blocked.

Change that 'any shield', to Aegis, and we're good.
Not even HELM NMs are going to floor Ochain block rate. Not that you get to use Ochain on many of them. But facts are facts.

Seriously SE.. Ilvl and AG Aegis already. Jerks.
[+]