Random Politics & Religion #07

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #07
Random Politics & Religion #07
First Page 2 3 ... 50 51 52 ... 59 60 61
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-07-08 16:35:34
Link | Citer | R

Like poverty due to a broken economy system that doesn't actually work the way you're told it does?
 Ragnarok.Nausi
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-07-08 16:43:19
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
It allows Democrat politicians to ignore the roots of the problems that lead to a life of crime and how their policies have held back African Americans for decades.

Bingo! It jump starts the cognitive dissonance .
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-07-08 16:47:41
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Investigators identified the dead suspect as 25-year-old Micah Xavier Johnson of Mesquite, Texas, a military veteran who'd served in Afghanistan. Police said they searched his home Friday afternoon and found bomb-making materials, ballistic vests, rifles, ammunition and a personal journal of combat tactics. Investigators are analyzing information in the journal, a police statement said.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-07-08 17:32:42
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Republican policies caused this

[+]

Post deleted by User.
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-07-08 17:45:08
Link | Citer | R

I have a silly question that maybe you guys can explain to me.

Why doesnt the US ever do one of those referendum things? For example with gun control, politicians tiptoe around it because it is political suicide to support it. Why not just put it on us? Have a nationwide vote like they did in fish and chips land for brexit. Is that something our govt just isn't set up to allow?
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-07-08 18:22:51
Link | Citer | R

Seems to be allowed on a state level, in states that have it allowed.
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-08 19:04:14
Link | Citer | R

Grumpy Cat said: »
I have a silly question that maybe you guys can explain to me.

Why doesnt the US ever do one of those referendum things? For example with gun control, politicians tiptoe around it because it is political suicide to support it. Why not just put it on us? Have a nationwide vote like they did in fish and chips land for brexit. Is that something our govt just isn't set up to allow?
*steps over to the right for a second* Because the general public is easily manipulated by the media. Hence Brexit. I think there should be some limitations, let's not arm the insane for example, but to undermine the 2nd amendment is a step towards undoing the Constitution. That's why politicians tip toe around it; there is no easy solution, just limitations.

It's kinda like those people who become addicted to plastic surgery; you start with your nose, then your cheeks, then your wrinkles... it's just a slippery slope that starts with banning high cap magazines, then assault rifles, then raising prices of ammo...then there are those who fear this could continue to full civilian disarmament.

*over to the left* There should be gun control, meaning background checks and such. Seriously, I filled out a form and walked out with my latest toy in under 5 minutes.

The biggest point I'm trying to make is that there is no easy fix, nothing about it is black and white. There's no right answer. Why? Because too much control means undermining the Constitution and killing off jobs of those who make firearms, not enough control means...well, look at Dallas, Orlando, and various other tragic events.

I kinda rambled on but I hope a point is made somewhere in there.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-07-08 19:49:47
Link | Citer | R

George W Bush may as well have pulled the trigger himself
Is this serious?

Talk about "trolling".

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-08 20:14:01
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Is this serious?

Talk about "trolling".
Ehh. Ahem.

Obama might as well have just pulled the trigger himself. Democrats really need to stop the hateful rhetoric against police officers.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-07-08 20:25:00
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Is this serious?

Talk about "trolling".
Ehh. Ahem.

Obama might as well have just pulled the trigger himself. Democrats really need to stop the hateful rhetoric against police officers.
Yeah but aman is serious. You can't call him a troll if he really believes it.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-07-08 20:25:32
Link | Citer | R

Who made up that rule?
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-08 21:03:52
Link | Citer | R

What I really hate is that the left has painted this situation as a "race war" or about race when it's not remotely about race. It's about Police, all Police of all Colors, protecting their own and enabling abuse to go unchecked. Police kill white people all the damn time, Police brutally kill white people unjustly all the damn time, but nothing is spoken about it.

80 year old man shot in his bed, he is white

http://www.policestateusa.com/2013/police-kill-80-year-old-man-in-his-bed-after-claiming-his-house-smelled-like-meth/

Quote:
Police seemed to have difficulty getting the story straight about when and where Mr. Mallory was shot. An initial report claimed that he was shot in his hallway while charging at police, and was moved by paramedics into his bed after being shot. But later that story changed when the shooter admitted during an internal investigation that Mallory was not charging at him at the time of the shooting.

In fact, audio recordings of the event show that commands to drop the gun were given after the bullets were fired, contrary to officers’ initial statements.

“He was shot in his bed before there was any warning given,” said James Bergener, who is representing his widow.

Police Officer who shot him lied about what happened, his fellow Police Officers covered his *** and confirmed his lie, the audio recordings proved they were lying. I can sit here all day long and bring up all these cases of police officers shooting white people, but because it doesn't fit the racist agenda the liberal media won't report on it.

This isn't about race, it's about Police having unchecked power and only being answerable to themselves. It's about their culture of backing each other up, even to the point of lying and planting evidence to maintain that Blue Wall of Silence. Until this is addressed and fixed this situation is going to continue getting more and more out of hand. More and more citizens are going to radicalize and take it upon themselves to "fix" the problem, which is going to lead to more and more bloodshed. This ***'s just starting, expect it to get much worse.
VIP
By Jassik 2016-07-08 21:24:12
Link | Citer | R

The police issue is a different facet, and we're definitely on the same page there, but don't pretend that whites face the same risk when interacting with police that blacks and latinos do.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-08 21:54:31
Link | Citer | R

Jassik said: »
The police issue is a different facet, and we're definitely on the same page there, but don't pretend that whites face the same risk when interacting with police that blacks and latinos do.

The face the exact same risk.

The difference is white people know when to not challenge their oppressors while Blacks and Latino's got some sort of chip on their shoulder. When the *** CoP starts giving you ***the only proper answers are "yes sir", "no sir" and "I apologize sir but my legal counsel has advised me against that". You don't talk back you don't, you don't try to defend your pride, you just deal with their *** and move on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj0mtxXEGE8

As much as that's Comedy it's pretty *** accurate. Right now Police have unaccountable power and trying to challenge them directly is a very bad idea.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-07-08 22:21:16
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Siren.Lordgrim said: »
If you have not realized the United States government has entered the realtor business on a whole bigger level instead of creating homes we are destroying homes with drones and missiles. Instead of helping foreign governments we are destroying governments with internal coups. We have capitalized on a term called " spreading democracy " on nations who do not follow our corporations policy's. And Weapons manufacturers like Haliburton are always incentivizing lobbying gifts to representatives who will warmonger for them for the sole contract of arm supplying for the invasion.

Your very fortunate I do not agree with the business as usual as is going on right now in Washington DC.
And you tell me all this because...........?
To prove he can sometimes make sense?

Asura.Saevel said: »
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
I know it's weird coming from me... but the perception doesn't meet the reality and we need to get to the real problem which is who is creating this perception and why?
The police are creating it themselves. This is not the doing of the liberal media, the blame for this rests solely on the Police Forces culture of silence. The liberal media is merely fanning the flames and taking advantage of the situation to press an agenda....
WHAT??? You too?

The world turned upside down....
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-07-08 22:28:14
Link | Citer | R

Actually it started in the Nixon administration.

But it rose to full flower in the Clinton years.

Details wh'en/ I am\ n/ot at a m\alfiution/in/g key[board.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-07-08 22:30:32
Link | Citer | R

The difference is white people know when to not challenge their oppressors while Blacks and Latino's got some sort of chip on their shoulder.
Wow lol. Although overt bigotry is preferable to the covert variety.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Eradius
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dashuto
By Quetzalcoatl.Eradius 2016-07-08 23:48:36
Link | Citer | R

In my country the cops grease perps of any size, race, or sex. The usualy report next is the person was warned 8 times before attacking, and was killed by an officer who has gone 5-15 years without ever un-holstering their gun. The national response to this is "case closed" and everyone goes back to eating dinner.
 Quetzalcoatl.Eradius
By Quetzalcoatl.Eradius 2016-07-08 23:55:26
Link | Citer | R

I will also say that having lived in America as well, the police there are most definitely different to interact with than in other countries. I would compare most of the police I met through the late 2000's as being similar to the Mexican police I met in the early 90's.

I believe the different reactions to the examples I have provided are that Americans simply do not trust their police, and I felt that way when I was still living there. A lot of cops are actively discouraged from connecting to the community, and are encouraged to program themselves with less empathy. To me it always felt like when I was around an American cop I should behave the same way I would if I was around a gang member. I had to adjust the way I spoke, the way I moved, and if engaged at all I had to really watch myself and not disagree about even casual conversation. That isn't how someone should feel around their protectors, is it?

In Australia I see motorcycle cops pull over to ask kids about their day and let them check out their bike and such, they ask how things are around the neighborhood and make small talk. There's a police station every 3 miles in the suburbs of Brisbane and walk-ins are encouraged. The police also act way more cordial and professional, in fact, becoming one is difficult, and they prefer to recruited people already into their early or mid twenties with "life experience".

New Zealand, UK, Netherlands, and Norway were very similar in my experience, though my contact with them was minimal. America has a lot of trust issues with its police, which I think are very founded, at the same time there's a lot of culture there that treats them with little respect, necessitating them to behave this way. I feel for them, but its often abundantly clear they need a change of program.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-09 01:10:51
Link | Citer | R

This is because American Police have been militarized and fighting the "War on Drugs" has become more important then maintaining domestic peace. Since fighting a "War on Drugs" involves directly engaging armed gang members, Police Officers are taught to view everybody they see as a potentially armed and dangerous criminals. Once that happens you get a "Us vs Them" situation where citizens become more afraid of the police then the criminals.
 Quetzalcoatl.Eradius
By Quetzalcoatl.Eradius 2016-07-09 02:04:17
Link | Citer | R

This is because American Police have been militarized and fighting the "War on Drugs" has become more important then maintaining domestic peace. Since fighting a "War on Drugs" involves directly engaging armed gang members, Police Officers are taught to view everybody they see as a potentially armed and dangerous criminals. Once that happens you get a "Us vs Them" situation where citizens become more afraid of the police then the criminals.

A decade ago I would agree with this, and its definitely a part of the problem. My international experiences now lead me to believe its biased, its not the entire solution. Other countries are able to enforce laws against drugs and trafficking without that level of spillout. Its definitely part of the issue, but there is more to it.

It feels to me like everything is handled the same way in Australia for example, except that the criminals are less often armed and the police have more freedom to enter and search places. And no, I don't think Australia's gun control methods would work in the US, since Mexico shares a land border with it. Australia is a unique situation. I can't speak for the EU locations, I am not experienced enough.

I know this is a fairly remote theory, but when I think about the difference I am also reminded of other differences I see. I think US police have to thoroughly justify a lot that they do, I think there's a cycle of mistrust for them that pre-exists the current social one. There's so much I could theorize on these matters, but I believe the US legal system and the way it handles both criminal and law enforcement are also a large contributor to the difficulties.
By volkom 2016-07-09 02:06:19
Link | Citer | R

they got more militarized after the north hollywood bank shooting too iirc
 Phoenix.Xantavia
Serveur: Phoenix
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2016-07-09 02:56:24
Link | Citer | R

volkom said: »

they got more militarized after the north hollywood bank shooting too iirc
I would think one of the biggest shifts would have to be the "war on terror", when PD's across the country were given funding and told to use it or lose it. Then they let them buy military surplus equipment to outfit their officers and departments.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-09 03:30:50
Link | Citer | R

Yep with each event they shifted more and more into an Urban Pacification mentality. The "War on Drugs" were just what started the whole thing.
First Page 2 3 ... 50 51 52 ... 59 60 61