Random Politics & Religion #07

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #07
Random Politics & Religion #07
First Page 2 3 ... 44 45 46 ... 59 60 61
By Ramyrez 2016-07-07 15:00:45
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
So punishing "Evil Rich People" is more important to protecting innocent people's lives?

No?

You need to make a distinction right now because that determines whether you deserve to live in the USA or not

Also, no?

What I'm saying is that it's not okay for people to abuse their right to face their accuser by intimidating them via their money/power/etc.

I'm saying why your suggested concept of how these cases should be handled is equally idealistic but flawed. It's open to abuse in the other direction is all.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-07-07 15:01:10
Link | Citer | R

Careful Ramy, depending on your answer Saevel might deport you!
By Ramyrez 2016-07-07 15:03:57
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Careful Ramy, depending on your answer Saevel might deport you!

Yeah. Lordgrim will be his muscle and they can get all up in my business because I dared to think maybe a Constitutional Amendment needs a little tweaking -- or not even tweaking in and of itself, but an adjustment to the way it's used -- for the modern world.

I mean, it's not like the Amendments are additions or modifications to the Holy Constitution, and it's not like the Amendments themselves haven't been addressed as problematic before (*drinks beer*)
By Ramyrez 2016-07-07 15:05:09
Link | Citer | R

So punishing "Evil Rich People" is more important to protecting innocent people's lives?

And to clarify further on this:

What I'm saying is ensuring that the rich and powerful don't abuse their accusers is equally as important as defending them from potentially false accusations.
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-07 15:11:13
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
What I'm saying is ensuring that the rich and powerful don't abuse their accusers is equally as important as defending them from potentially false accusations.

No such thing as equally as important. One or the other is more, even if by only 1%. Your answer though has told me everything I need to know, you want to punish "Evil Rich People" more then you want to protect innocent people and will make excuses to do so.

The USA was founded on the principle that it's better for 100 guilty people to go free then one person to be wrongfully convicted. It's why there are standards of evidence, jury selection procedures, along with several Amendments to the Constitution

I would rather see one innocent person protected then 100 corrupt bankers go to jail.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-07-07 15:13:41
Link | Citer | R

There is no such choice to make. Every person is either innocent or culprit, there is no need to chose between any number of combos.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-07 15:14:45
Link | Citer | R

Spoken like a true oppressor.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-07-07 15:15:00
Link | Citer | R

What? lol
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-07 15:19:02
Link | Citer | R

There is no such choice to make. Every person is either innocent or culprit, there is no need to chose between any number of combos.

This is the logic that's used to justify any and every atrocity.

You assumed you knew the truth before it was discovered. You knew they were guilty, before any fair trial, and decided to treat them as such. It's the unwarranted belief that you are all knowing, all seeing and utterly incapable of being wrong that is dangerous.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-07-07 15:20:31
Link | Citer | R

You assumed you knew the truth before it was discovered. You knew they were guilty, before any fair trial, and decided to treat them as such. It's the unwarranted belief that you are all knowing, all seeing and utterly incapable of being wrong that is dangerous.
I neither said nor implied any of this nonsense you're attributing to me.

J.C. Saevel, show some maturity for once.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-07 15:21:03
Link | Citer | R

I neither said nor implied any of this nonsense you're attributing to me.

J.C. Saevel, show some maturity for once.

When you opened your mouth you did.

Go look at the topic of discussion.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-07-07 15:24:07
Link | Citer | R

I am not going to entertain your charade. I'm tired of your constant lying about what other posters say.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-07 15:27:19
Link | Citer | R

This is why your all sorts of wrong

My statement

Quote:
Unfortunately the mere accusation is sufficient to damage a persons reputation and absolutely nothing said or demonstrated will clear it. This is why I believe any accusation should be under the strictest of anonymity until after a trial verdict. Anyone who makes a public accusation without making a police report should also face severe criminal charges unless the accuser makes a public apology with a public retraction and statement that they lied.

That ***is permanently damaging, the rest of their life they have that attached to them and it will be used against them.

The reply

Quote:
Perhaps not a bad idea, but I think you'd see as many defendants -- especially in the case of someone like Donald Trump -- who would seek to publicize it themselves and go on the attack. "The right to face your accuser" is important, but it also makes it that much easier for those with power, money, and influence to get away with things.

This is discussing the treatment of the accused BEFORE a fair trial and thus before their guilty can be determined.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-07-07 15:32:37
Link | Citer | R

Lighten up Francis.stripes
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-07-07 15:45:41
Link | Citer | R

This is why your all sorts of wrong

My statement

Quote:
Unfortunately the mere accusation is sufficient to damage a persons reputation and absolutely nothing said or demonstrated will clear it. This is why I believe any accusation should be under the strictest of anonymity until after a trial verdict. Anyone who makes a public accusation without making a police report should also face severe criminal charges unless the accuser makes a public apology with a public retraction and statement that they lied.

That ***is permanently damaging, the rest of their life they have that attached to them and it will be used against them.

The reply

Quote:
Perhaps not a bad idea, but I think you'd see as many defendants -- especially in the case of someone like Donald Trump -- who would seek to publicize it themselves and go on the attack. "The right to face your accuser" is important, but it also makes it that much easier for those with power, money, and influence to get away with things.

This is discussing the treatment of the accused BEFORE a fair trial and thus before their guilty can be determined.

What's wrong is you pretending someone can get a fair trial when accusing someone with money and influence.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-07 15:53:56
Link | Citer | R

What's wrong is you pretending someone can get a fair trial when accusing someone with money and influence.

The accuser is NEVER on trial. It's the accused who is on trial.

The accuser is merely a witness, the state is the one prosecuting the trial.

This is the ***I'm talking about, you guys have zero *** idea.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-07 15:55:16
Link | Citer | R

So to reiterate

Ramyrez would rather "Evil Rich People" be convicted, even if it entails destroying an innocent persons life.

Because you can't possibly know the guilt prior to a fair trial. But hey the media is always the swiftest and best place to convict someone right.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-07-07 15:55:47
Link | Citer | R

There he goes. Only he knows things and everybody else doesn't unless they agree.

Speaking of absolutism.
[+]
 Valefor.Rawry
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Rawry 2016-07-07 15:56:42
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez would rather "Evil Rich People" be convicted, even if it entails destroying an innocent persons life.
Lying again. Anyone with the very simple skill of backreading can tell.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-07 16:04:12
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Rawry said: »
Lying again. Anyone with the very simple skill of backreading can tell.

*Cough*

Quote:

I realize that earlier we established leftests are allowed to ignore context and invent their own but I do like to give the benefit of a doubt.

The context here is about whether an accused person should be anonymous until after a trial has determined them guilty. This would protect them should the accusation prove to be false while also giving authorities a chance to investigate and hold a jury trial in accordance with due process and basic human rights established by the US Constitution.

Ramy and Sehe are both more concerned with convicting "Evil Rich People" and are worried such protections would prevent that from happening. They would rather allow an innocent person to be punished then a Guilty "Evil Rich Person" to get away.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-07 16:04:35
Link | Citer | R

Ohh its your sock lol...
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-07-07 16:06:23
Link | Citer | R

Ramy and Sehe are both more concerned with convicting "Evil Rich People" and are worried such protections would prevent that from happening. They would rather allow an innocent person to be punished then a Guilty "Evil Rich Person" to get away.
I never said anything even remotely close to this. Hell I haven't even commented other than saying that the "chose between 100 guilty and 1 innocent" is a bs rethoric.

Stop
lying[/]
 Valefor.Rawry
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Rawry 2016-07-07 16:07:32
Link | Citer | R

Stop
lying
Fixed.

And it's not a sock, you can read right under the name Seha.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-07 16:11:03
Link | Citer | R

I never said anything even remotely close to this. Hell I haven't even commented other than saying that the "chose between 100 guilty and 1 innocent" is a bs rethoric.

Stop
lying[/]

Stop being jealous, there's plenty to go around :D
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-07-07 16:59:33
Link | Citer | R

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/06/23/asia/china-organ-harvesting/index.html

Quote:
A new report claims that China is still engaged in the widespread and systematic harvesting of organs from prisoners, and says that people whose views conflict with the ruling Chinese Communist Party are being murdered for their organs.
The report -- by former Canadian lawmaker David Kilgour, human rights lawyer David Matas, and journalist Ethan Gutmann -- collates publicly reported figures from hospitals across China to show what they claim is a massive discrepancy between official figures for the number of transplants carried out throughout the country.
They blame the Chinese government, the Communist Party, the health system, doctors and hospitals for being complicit.
"The (Communist Party) says the total number of legal transplants is about 10,000 per year. But we can easily surpass the official Chinese figure just by looking at the two or three biggest hospitals," Matas said in a statement.
The report estimates that 60,000 to 100,000 organs are transplanted each year in Chinese hospitals.

According to the report, that gap is made up of executed prisoners, many of them prisoners of conscience locked up for their religious or political beliefs. China does not report its total number of executions, which it regards as a secret.
The report's findings stand in stark contrast to Beijing's claim that, since the beginning of 2015, China has moved from almost completely relying on organs from prisoners to the "largest voluntary organ donation system in Asia."

This has been known for a long time though
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-07-07 17:06:06
Link | Citer | R

prosecuting

The accuser is NEVER on trial. It's the accused who is on trial.

The accuser is merely a witness, the state is the one prosecuting the trial.

This is the ***I'm talking about, you guys have zero *** idea.

Semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit.

The necessity of proof always lies with person who lays the charges.
By Ramyrez 2016-07-07 17:12:29
Link | Citer | R

Clearly defendants have never comitted the act of jury tampering ever in Saev's USA.

Organized crime isn't and has never been a thing. Judges on the payrolls of politicians and high-powered businessmen aren't a thing. Every single person in government employ is on the up-and-up...

...oh wait. He despises government employees, but he trusts them implicitly to be completely fair and unbias toward someone who wipes their *** with a government employee's yearly salary.

And we'll conveniently ignore that I stated victims of crime need to be equally as protected as the accused. Not "more" protected.

But again, in Saev's world a 13 year old girl is probably asking for it by daring to have crossed the boundary of estrus, too, so...(/waits for "strawman" cries because elements are never related in internet arguments.)
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-07-07 17:15:27
Link | Citer | R

No because that 13 yr girl probably has rape fantasies and the defendants merely obliged.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-07-07 17:18:04
Link | Citer | R

The way I look at is somebody is guilty. In that either someone is guilty of partaking in teenage prostitutes or somebody is guilty of defamation / libel / slander.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-07-07 17:19:15
Link | Citer | R

Hearing these faint rumors of the Republican Party still trying to screw Trump out of the nomination at the Convention. If that happens it opens the door wide open for Bernie Sanders to step back in the general election in a legitimate 4-way race. I'm actually kind of excited to possibly be part of something that crazy.
First Page 2 3 ... 44 45 46 ... 59 60 61