Random Politics & Religion #06

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #06
Random Politics & Religion #06
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 ... 34 35 36
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-06-16 11:40:49
Link | Citer | R

What are you talkin about Zah? I was telling Raenil his link was a month old, and of course he deleted it and corrected it, so now it looks like I am talking to no one.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Serveur: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-06-16 11:50:48
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
What are you talkin about Zah? I was telling Raenil his link was a month old, and of course he deleted it and corrected it, so now it looks like I am talking to no one.

Then, I apologize.

I'm ready for someone to start breaking down the tents on this circus.
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
Serveur: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-06-16 11:52:01
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »

I mean personally I mostly like Sanders (not too fond of his flip-flop on gun issues, but historically he had been a supporter), but I'd have been very surprised if he had won, as I never suspected it to be possible.

Best I'm hoping for now is more of the status quo.

Don't give up faith on Sanders it's not over yet they still haven't counted the 8.6 million votes cast.

The Clinton News Network CNN called it a victory with only 1.5 million voted counted.

There has already been a few California county's that were switched over to Bernie Sanders. It has yet been decided.

Don't count Sanders out even if he is not nominated at the Democrat convention it's not over till November 8th.

43 states have Write In ballots equal to 494 electoral votes. Which Bernie Sanders is eligible for and has not officially ruled out because he did file.

You only need 270 electoral college votes to win the presidency
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-16 12:02:21
Link | Citer | R

With the superdelegates bs system Sanders has already lost. They're gonna stay on Clinton side because it's all part of the system.
Just hope she gives in to Sanders' requests and come her presidency she will actually do something about the election system(I mean she won't need it anymore now, will she?! lol).
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-06-16 12:05:27
Link | Citer | R

Ha. So, a 3-way race with Johnson could take more votes away from Hillary than Trump, according to consolidated polls.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-16 12:09:37
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Ha. So, a 3-way race with Johnson could take more votes away from Hillary than Trump, according to consolidated polls.

See, that's actually sort of surprising to me too if all the people who say they're only voting for Trump b/c they hate Hillary aren't lying.

Because when you look at straight-up credentials, he's going a hell of a lot more going on than either of them.

Like I said, something seems shady about him to me but I'm willing to admit that's my own gut feeling.
 Siren.Lordgrim
Serveur: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-06-16 12:14:47
Link | Citer | R

A lot of people have the super delegate system confused with pledged delegates through states.

If the lesson can be learned look at the Clinton and Obama race. She even had the super delegates mentioned in her favor and EVEN counted when running against Obama.

But guess what happened at the Democrat convention? They switched to Obama.

Super delegates don't vote until the Convention.

Another fact that is rarely brought up is during 2008 during the campaign cycle both Clinton and Obama were in attendance at that years Bilderberg meeting that no one knows what goes on inside except for who attends. Which is mostly industry leaders, former prime ministers and financial leaders.
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-06-16 12:23:40
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »

See, that's actually sort of surprising to me too if all the people who say they're only voting for Trump b/c they hate Hillary aren't lying.

Because when you look at straight-up credentials, he's going a hell of a lot more going on than either of them.

Like I said, something seems shady about him to me but I'm willing to admit that's my own gut feeling.

Its atill very early for Johnson, he just got into the race and people really haven't given him the time of day. It will be interesting to see if he is included in the Presidential debates.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-06-16 13:06:55
Link | Citer | R

Men and women who want to present as opposite can tell Democrats that that's who they are, and there's no doubt whatsoever. Somebody comes along and says, "I'm a Muslim! I don't like you! I don't like the fact you're an infidel. I'm gonna blow up every institution of yours I can," and, "I'm not sure that we're dealing with Muslims," the Democrats say. Isn't it amazing?

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-16 13:11:57
Link | Citer | R

I saw this false equivalence on my facebook feed today too.

Someone showed something about a Christian-leaning business helping people and it had the comment "would Muslims do this."

Apparently ignoring Muslims that are out giving blood and the like specifically in the same situation.

By definition, you have to believe you're a Muslim to be a member of ISIS, but being Muslim doesn't make you a member of ISIS/a terrorist.

Which is where the hang up seems to be.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-06-16 13:12:42
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Ramyrez said: »

Its atill very early for Johnson, he just got into the race and people really haven't given him the time of day. It will be interesting to see if he is included in the Presidential debates.

Undercard debates onry. Him and Jill Stein and whoever the Constitution party nominee is will do their debate again. It's actually a decent watch.

Edit: Apparently Darrell Castle is the nominee for the Constitution Party.

Every time the Libertarian Party / Libertarians nudge a little of good attention they find someone or something to make the whole thing look insane and tin-hatter.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-06-16 13:18:18
Link | Citer | R

can we make it so if someone says "bilderberg" it gets autochanged to "illuminati pizza party"?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-06-16 13:20:49
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
can we make it so if someone says "bilderberg" it gets autochanged to "illuminati pizza party"?

Final Fantasy forums. It should be Ascians. Or Lucavi. Or Shinra. Or Gestahl.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-06-16 13:29:48
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Men and women who want to present as opposite can tell Democrats that that's who they are, and there's no doubt whatsoever. Somebody comes along and says, "I'm a Muslim! I don't like you! I don't like the fact you're an infidel. I'm gonna blow up every institution of yours I can," and, "I'm not sure that we're dealing with Muslims," the Democrats say. Isn't it amazing?
So, when we're dealing with the KKK, Neo Nazi's and every other white supremacist groups who claim to be Christians, we're dealing with every Christian in the world, yeah? All Billion+ of them?
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-06-16 13:32:35
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Stop pretending like you guys care about due process and integrity of the laws when you've been shilling Donald Trump here for months.

The guy that wants to kill the families of anyone who's a terrorist, wants to bring back things worse than waterboarding, who gets salty the press asks him questions and holds grudges like a 13 year old primadonna.

Unless you're supporting Gary Johnson for POTUS, keep playing that partisan harp.

/power chords on the harp

/falsetto
I want riots on tv!...

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2016-06-16 13:32:58
Link | Citer | R

Nobody is debating that they call themselves Muslim. They're differentiating between what the religion is and what these guys believe. It's the same reason they say Islamist instead of Islam. It's similar to Islam, but it's not Islam.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-06-16 13:46:25
Link | Citer | R

How does "I don't like radical fundamentalists, period." sound? I don't care if they're Christian, Jewish or Muslim. They're obnoxious, poison everything around them and make it habit to spread misery, oppression and death.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-06-16 13:47:27
Link | Citer | R

America has it's fair share of Christian terrorists running around. They're called sovereign citizens. Some kill, some are just obnoxious *** who harass and spout garbage.

Sound familiar?
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-06-16 13:56:43
Link | Citer | R

Jassik said: »

Nobody is debating that they call themselves Muslim. They're differentiating between what the religion is and what these guys believe. It's the same reason they say Islamist instead of Islam. It's similar to Islam, but it's not Islam.
lolwhat?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-06-16 14:04:21
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
America has it's fair share of Christian terrorists running around. They're called sovereign citizens. Some kill, some are just obnoxious *** who harass and spout garbage.

Sound familiar?

Sovereign citizens aren't exclusively Christian....
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-06-16 14:10:35
Link | Citer | R

that's not what he was saying.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-06-16 14:18:26
Link | Citer | R

It seems like a weak attempt at stretching the blame to all religions when radical Islam has a uniquely large problem with violence. False equivalence and PC nonsense is annoying at best, but in this case it's getting people killed. I know Christianity has had its bloody eras, but this isn't the age of Crusades anymore. It's time to laser focus on the actual current problem.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-06-16 14:21:24
Link | Citer | R

It seems like a weak attempt at stretching the blame to all religions when radical Islam has a uniquely large problem with violence. False equivalence and PC nonsense is annoying at best, but in this case it's getting people killed. I know Christianity has had its bloody eras, but this isn't the age of Crusades anymore. It's time to laser focus on the actual current problem.
Except it isn't Islam. The thousands that make up ISIS makes up a very loud but insignificant portion of a religion encompassing a billion+ people.
VIP
By Jassik 2016-06-16 14:22:38
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
Jassik said: »

lolwhat?

The reason Democrats say that ISIS aren't Muslim. Off topic, but your example has an actual explanation.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-06-16 14:23:14
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Raenil said: »

Except it isn't Islam. The thousands that make up ISIS makes up a very loud but insignificant portion of a religion encompassing a billion+ people.

Did you miss the word radical? Are radical Christians killing even remotely the same number of people? Why are we even bringing anyone into the conversation besides radical Islam?
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2016-06-16 14:26:58
Link | Citer | R

It's the same idea as was mentioned with the Aryan church. The radical Christianist religion they practice isn't representative of Christians or Christianity. Just because they claim to be Christians doesn't mean they are or that Christians would claim them.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-06-16 14:27:50
Link | Citer | R

Nah, because after 11 million or so about 70 years ago, we finally decided enough was enough. I mean, we're still defending radical christian groups right to exist today, but the murder has calmed down considerably.

Because you're not the only *** person in this thread. Nausi's the one who brought this ***up and makes attempts whenever he can to attempt to spew islamic phobia ***.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-06-16 14:27:56
Link | Citer | R

Mass murder with guns is our problem and looking at the last couple massacres it ain't Islam alone shedding blood, bruv. But I guess you can flatten it down to just Muslims... if you want. Is it more comfortable that way?

Also, I cited sovereign citizens specifically because the FBI consider them one of the top threats *right now* and most (but not all) subscribe to natural law, a corruption(?) of Judeo-Christian tenets.

Just because they aren't occupying TV space constantly doesn't mean they don't exist. They are domestic, citizens and they're terrorists. Gonna ban them too?

Our problem are young men running wild with not a care in the world radicalizing under *insert banner here* (IS, boredom, stormfront, KKK) which leads to them picking up a weapon and wiping out dozens of people. It's so formulaic I can bet money in August another handful of people will die.
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 ... 34 35 36