Random Politics & Religion #06

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #06
Random Politics & Religion #06
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 34 35 36
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-06-08 14:55:43
Link | Citer | R

I always put ketchup on a hotdog. I guess I'm just more open minded and more tolerant of condiment applications than all the haters out there.
By Ramyrez 2016-06-08 15:00:01
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Wait a second ramy, do you not think there was some collusion between killery and the associated press to drop this bomb at the most crucial time when it would help her win California?

Serious question.

I just don't know anymore. Maybe? I'd not be surprised if there was? I dunno, not a good day for me to tackle serious questions. Sorry.

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
I always put ketchup on a hotdog. I guess I'm just more open minded and more tolerant of condiment applications than all the haters out there.

I feel like I've said it a ton of times around here, but I like hot dogs prepared many ways, but I don't like them with mustard and/or relish. That's just my own preference.

What I really don't like are the food Nazis that are all "YOU CAN'T PUT KETCHUP ON A HOT DOG OMG YOU HEATHEN."

The ketchup backlash in general, but especially on hot dogs, on the internet is getting ridiculous.

Man's gotta eat. Get off my wiener, folks!
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-06-08 15:01:27
Link | Citer | R

Ketchup and mustard on a hotdog is normal here

Is it weird in the US?
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-08 15:01:52
Link | Citer | R

Best hot dogs in the world, right here, imo. I order them without mustard/onion and with cheese (it's a slice of white America).

But this is the picture I found online, so.

Grilled at home, I'll put ketchup on 'em. From Sheetz or some other restaurant I'll get chili.
By Ramyrez 2016-06-08 15:02:34
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Ketchup and mustard on a hotdog is normal here

Is it weird in the US?

No. It's regularly and common.

But in the past few years certain regional trends have gone nationwide and there's a backlash against ketchup use in general. I'm not entirely clear why.
By Ramyrez 2016-06-08 15:03:03
Link | Citer | R

And dammit, that picture didn't worth because spoilers are still ***.

FINE. Unspoiled picture of Texas Hots!

[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-06-08 15:03:14
Link | Citer | R

As in both at the same time

I dunno what you call this in English, it's onion

I googled roasted onion but it didn't look dry like this stuff is
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-06-08 15:04:57
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »

This looks like diarrhea
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-08 15:05:17
Link | Citer | R

Those look like fried onion bits. We can buy them as salad toppings, most frequently. People put them on baked green bean casseroles too.

I know plenty of people who eat ketchup and mustard at once on a hot dog.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-06-08 15:06:47
Link | Citer | R

Those look like fried onion bits. We can buy them as salad toppings, most frequently. People put them on baked green bean casseroles too.

I know plenty of people who eat ketchup and mustard at once on a hot dog.

We also have something called bostongurka which is alright but I'd rather have the onions

Quote:
Bostongurka (Swedish meaning "Boston gherkins" or "Boston pickle") is a type of relish with pickled gherkins, red bell pepper and onion with spices such as mustard seeds. It is so popular in Sweden that it is considered by some to be a generic term.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-06-08 15:07:36
Link | Citer | R

To stay on the P&R topic

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/06/08/middleeast/israel-tel-aviv-shooting/index.html

Quote:
Jerusalem (CNN)At least three people have been killed in a shooting Wednesday night in Tel Aviv, an Ichilov Hospital representative told CNN.
The shooting broke out near one of Tel Aviv's most popular outdoor markets, Israeli police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld said in a statement. At least six people were wounded.
One person has been arrested, Rosenfeld reported on his official Twitter account. Police are searching for one suspect, Rosenfeld said.
Information about a motive in the shooting wasn't immediately available.
The shooting occurred about 9 p.m. local time in or near the Sarona market, an open-air entertainment district crowded with people in restaurants and cafes.
The market area was cleared while officers searched for explosives, Rosenfeld said.

"Special patrol units are still working in the area to make sure there is no more danger," he said.
By Ramyrez 2016-06-08 15:07:48
Link | Citer | R

This looks like diarrhea

Hah!

Yeah. They're actually not the most appetizing things to look at sometimes. But they're amazing.

It's Greek sauce. At least, that's what we've always called it? Texas Hot sauce, specifically, for this restaurant, but I've had it other places. "Coney Island" sauce, too.

I'm also doing a quick Google search now and seeing it called "Pennsylvania Greek Sauce" which I suppose makes sense. It's like chili but with slightly difference spices, more meat.

It's v. good on dogs, burgers, fries, etc.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-06-08 15:08:24
Link | Citer | R

Swedish news is saying they were dressed as orthodox Jews but don't know how accurate that is
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-06-08 15:10:02
Link | Citer | R

That's fresh chopped onions. Chili dogs don't have cooked onions. But these boys right here:
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-06-08 15:10:30
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-08 15:10:40
Link | Citer | R

We also have something called bostongurka which is alright but I'd rather have the onions

Sounds okay. I'm not big on pickles on my dogs/burgers, but my wife might like it.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-06-08 15:12:27
Link | Citer | R

This looks like diarrhea

Hah!

Yeah. They're actually not the most appetizing things to look at sometimes. But they're amazing.

It's Greek sauce. At least, that's what we've always called it? Texas Hot sauce, specifically, for this restaurant, but I've had it other places. "Coney Island" sauce, too.

I'm also doing a quick Google search now and seeing it called "Pennsylvania Greek Sauce" which I suppose makes sense. It's like chili but with slightly difference spices, more meat.

It's v. good on dogs, burgers, fries, etc.

It's called Greek Sauce then its a Coney Island derivative. Coney Island is a huge chain in Michigan that is predominantly Greek owned.
By Ramyrez 2016-06-08 15:13:08
Link | Citer | R

Poppy seed buns can be tasty but my gut reaction is to avoid them. If for no other reason than to piss off the Chicago-bred that think theirs is the only way to enjoy a hot dog.

Which is funny to me b/c they say don't put ketchup on a hot dog, but then they put a tomato and a pickle on it...which gives you a tomato with a bit of a vinegary bite...

...which sounds oddly like ketchup to me. -.-;
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-08 15:14:47
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
It's called Greek Sauce then its a Coney Island derivative. Coney Island is a huge chain in Michigan that is predominantly Greek owned.

Yeah, I've never been entirely clear on the origin going back through the years. I know Texas Hot has been in business in my hometown for a very, very, very long time making these, and I know of lots of Pennsylvania diners that make Greek Sauce, and I know Coney Island has a tie-in there somehow.

Coney Sauce is a little difference, but that could just very much come down to specific recipes for the handful of places I frequent.
By Ramyrez 2016-06-08 15:15:45
Link | Citer | R

A little different in my experience*.

It tends to be a little meatier and thicker. Harder to eat as a true sauce.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-06-08 15:18:14
Link | Citer | R

The problem with Coney Island sauce is that it varies. But people who like Coney's are loyal to their brand: National Coney Island v American Coney Island v Mama Vicki's Coney Island.

I like Mama Vicki's but I think Cupids is the best but that's probably because I'm from So. Cal.

Also:

Booom
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-08 15:22:06
Link | Citer | R

Yeah. I'm no different. If I can't get a dog from Texas Hot back home or Taki's in Erie I'd rather just have it with ketchup.

Actually, even that place back home has two different sauces. While the dogs/burgers/sandwiches come with the Texas Hot sauce, you can order Texas fries or Greek fries, which both have cheese, but one has the sauce that goes on the sandwiches and the other has a more traditional sauce like you see if you Google "Coney Sauce."
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-06-08 15:28:21
Link | Citer | R

Meaty sauce is what I think of when I think of Tommy's

Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-08 15:30:10
Link | Citer | R

Is this the random food thread?
I really wanna eat those tasty ribs again, but they only make them in american style steak houses, and they're rare to find here *weeps*
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-06-08 15:33:38
Link | Citer | R

Page 10 food pron!

That's Cupids

Hmmmm ribs:

[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-06-08 15:43:56
Link | Citer | R

i did ribs on memorial day, still have some in the freezer. maybe i'll have to smoke another rack this weekend.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-08 15:49:30
Link | Citer | R

*desire to party at Hev's intensifies*
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-06-08 15:53:38
Link | Citer | R

Poppy seed buns can be tasty but my gut reaction is to avoid them. If for no other reason than to piss off the Chicago-bred that think theirs is the only way to enjoy a hot dog.

Which is funny to me b/c they say don't put ketchup on a hot dog, but then they put a tomato and a pickle on it...which gives you a tomato with a bit of a vinegary bite...

...which sounds oddly like ketchup to me. -.-;

Yeah, so I was reading into this whole ketchup hot dog thing when I joked about it weeks ago. Apparently it's taboo because the sweetness supposedly overpowers the flavor of the hot dog. I guess this is the moral equivalent of ordering a steak well-done.

What annoys the crap out of me is that I could go to Chicago and watch a guy slather a hot dog in a mountain of mustard, onions, relish, pickles, tomato, etc. and it's totally cool, but if I eat a hot dog with a thin line of ketchup? HERETIC! YOU'LL RUIN THE FLAVOR!
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Serveur: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-06-08 16:11:04
Link | Citer | R

How on Earth is this abomination considered Texan?

Charro beans, brisket sammiches and boudin! I sneer in a hotdog's direction!
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-06-08 16:27:58
Link | Citer | R

This thread is wieners.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 34 35 36