Fuzzy Windower Fonts
 Asura.Velata
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Viertel
By Asura.Velata 2016-03-26 22:18:44
Link | Citer | R

http://i.imgur.com/ay9MZRJ.png

No, I'm *not* talking about the in-game fonts. You can relax on that front because I'm specifically talking about the Windower overlay font sharpness. Or lack thereof.

The UI resolution and everything looks fine. It's the actual Windower fonts that look a bit blurry and string my eyes after about half an hour look at anything with an overlay used by any of the addons. I've tried several fonts and while the one i use I default back to they all exhibit the same slight blurriness.

I'm not sure what it is.

It's possible that it's a Windows 10 issue I haven't seen before in other games, as the last time I played FFXI was on Windows 7.

It could just be these old eyes of mine getting even worse, (I see the blurriness on three different monitors of different makes, and on another PC in the house so not sure on that front).

Any help would be appreciated.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-03-26 22:33:50
Link | Citer | R

I can see the fuzziness but at the same time I don't recognise the font, it doesn't seem to be the one I get on the timers plugin
 Asura.Velata
By Asura.Velata 2016-03-26 22:39:07
Link | Citer | R

The font itself doesn't matter (I use one called Doris PP). I've tested Times New Roman and Arial and both are slightly fuzzy.
 Asura.Velata
By Asura.Velata 2016-03-27 20:14:24
Link | Citer | R

Double Post, but in case this issue crops up for anyone else in the future and you use NVidia Inspector you may want to take a look at your settings for All Play-Online Games. For some reason it had AA settings and Transparent AA turned on (which does nothing for FFXI) and it was causing the blur.

Simply setting those to default fixed the issue.