Gearswap Assistance

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Windower » General » Gearswap Assistance
Gearswap Assistance
By aisukage 2016-03-26 11:36:17
Link | Citer | R

I have been using gearswap for awhile but have only ever used someone else LUA and replaced the gear to how I see fit for myself. So I would like to ask for help cause I have been using motenten's LUA for quite awhile now, It has been great help but I would like to ask for help on some issues.

one Issue I have is I can't seem to toggle Magic burst mode on i see the line here
Code
send_command('bind @` gs c activate MagicBurst')

doesn't matter which key I press it just doesn't seem to want to work.

Another issue I have is I would like to be able to equip specific gear for a specific spell. In my case I have TH2 Merlinic hands and would like to equip those hands when I cast "Dia" or "Diaga".

I have a lot to figure out with Gearswap but these are probably my two biggest issues at the moment. I even tried looking around and trying my own for the TH2 issue by putting in
Code
function THspell(spell)
	if spell.name == 'dia' then
		 hands={ name="Merlinic Dastanas", augments={'Pet: "Mag.Atk.Bns."+14','Magic dmg. taken -1%','"Treasure Hunter"+2',}}
	end
end

It came up with alot of issues while trying to do this but eventually it ran my BLM.lua fine with the above lines so I had hoped it had finally worked but sadly it had not. Any help on this would be much appreciated.
By Sidiov 2016-03-26 13:19:15
Link | Citer | R

aisukage said: »
If you mean you cant get the ` key binds to work, I had a lot of similar problems, you have to be in full keyboard mode, and in fact most of my 88 or 96key boards simply wont register that bind. I moved any of the more important binds off that key.

Quote:
Another issue I have is I would like to be able to equip specific gear for a specific spell. In my case I have TH2 Merlinic hands and would like to equip those hands when I cast "Dia" or "Diaga".
If you just want it to equip every single dia cast, just put it in a set for that spell. Thats what I did for chironic. (gear.ChirTHhands is defined in my globals file, but you could just post the full augment gear there as well.)
Code
	sets.midcast['Dia'] = set_combine(sets.midcast.MndEnfeebles, {hands=gear.ChirTHhands})
 Lakshmi.Ashtopcat
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: ashtopcat
By Lakshmi.Ashtopcat 2016-03-26 19:40:02
Link | Citer | R

for mb, you need to change the activate to toggle or cycle
By aisukage 2016-03-26 23:24:19
Link | Citer | R

Sidiov said: »
aisukage said: »
If you mean you cant get the ` key binds to work, I had a lot of similar problems, you have to be in full keyboard mode, and in fact most of my 88 or 96key boards simply wont register that bind. I moved any of the more important binds off that key.

Quote:
If you just want it to equip every single dia cast, just put it in a set for that spell. Thats what I did for chironic. (gear.ChirTHhands is defined in my globals file, but you could just post the full augment gear there as well.)
Code
	sets.midcast['Dia'] = set_combine(sets.midcast.MndEnfeebles, {hands=gear.ChirTHhands})
Thank you, I was able to get this part working now by just using the line.
Code
	sets.midcast.Dia = {
		hands={ name="Merlinic Dastanas", augments={'Pet: "Mag.Atk.Bns."+14','Magic dmg. taken -1%','"Treasure Hunter"+2',}},
		}