Resinjima T2/T3

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Escha » Resinjima T2/T3
Resinjima T2/T3
First Page 2
Offline
Posts: 504
By lhova 2016-03-08 15:36:11
Link | Citer | R
 
How hard are these mobs low man (Blu in the strat) and is Bashmu really as easy as the description reads? Thinking about trioing it with Blu, Geo and Blm with trust tank and healer.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Offline
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: bluecop81
Posts: 733
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2016-03-08 15:49:59
Link | Citer | R
 
Harpie Ironclad are easy enough old shuck and the Khim are pain in the *** unless you can kill them fast enough. Hydra is simple Thunder damage to !! then knock off a head with a crit hit (assume there is a limited window) and just go to town with damage. as for T3 only beat Maju so far got the Dragon down to around 11% last night but just kept having issues with AOE damage spells and in the end was just messy
 Phoenix.Libbien
Offline
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Alttp
Posts: 314
By Phoenix.Libbien 2016-03-08 15:52:58
Link | Citer | R
 
For bashmu specifically id recommend a whm too because im lazy, perma para is really annoying and dispels are rough on trust mp pools. Yea vex/attune work, but using offensive bubbles and bringing a 4th to whm is faster imo.

The IC is easy regardless of strat.

Harpy is annoying but not overly threatening, havent done it personally but i cant see why a normal blu tank buffer setup wouldnt work.

Gaja needs a real whm and vex/attune but he isnt all that tough with vex/attune up.
Edit: Gaja also needs silence and dispel so plan accordingly.

I barely remember sarsaok but i seem to recall him having some pretty damaging spells/tp moves, with proper DT sets though, should be fine again on blu with proper support.

Only did old shuck for clear and used bst unleash strat, a blu could work in theory but you have to kill it crazy fast (or proc it which is still somewhat unknown i think) to avoid it lvling up too much that you cant hit it.

As for the t3's i couldnt say for blu as we've only managed to clear it using typical mage burn setups. The tp moves along with insane acc requirements just isn't appealing for melees... its not fun wiping and wasting pops/food etc. You may be able to nuke on maju/neak (not tree due to limited range) but with limited bursting ability, blu would fall way behind.
Offline
Posts: 234
By Brynach 2016-03-08 16:31:59
Link | Citer | R
 
I do all but Ironside/Harpy with 2blu, 2geo, brd and whm.
Vex/attune, Frailty/Torpor, I am fairly sure, were the spells used, and we beat the 4 melee ones in a matter of 2-3 minutes.

Ironside and Harpy just seem easier to me to manage with sc/mb so that's how we do those.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [92 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Ramsy
Offline
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Ramsy
Posts: 125
By Asura.Ramsy 2016-06-08 09:11:47
Link | Citer | R
 
I know there's a thread for this somewhere, but I can't find it lol. Wondering what's a basic pt for the T3s? Mostly just Maju looking to spam it this weekend.
 Asura.Midgitis
Offline
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 39
By Asura.Midgitis 2016-06-08 09:44:21
Link | Citer | R
 
Sch, Geo, Geo, Blm, Blm, Whm, Pld or Run

Can add in a cor as well to Blm party but optional. Easy with this setup as long as the sch and blm know what to do.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [373 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Mitchel
Offline
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
Posts: 153
By Bismarck.Mitchel 2017-06-16 04:46:18
Link | Citer | R
 
What's the minimum number for a PUG setup on Maju/Neak, the above mage setup still preferable or is melee doable?
 Phoenix.Libbien
Offline
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Alttp
Posts: 314
By Phoenix.Libbien 2017-06-16 07:50:27
Link | Citer | R
 
Bismarck.Mitchel said: »
What's the minimum number for a PUG setup on Maju/Neak, the above mage setup still preferable or is melee doable?

Melee is best for both now. Our last Neak we went with 5, whm geo brd 2 dd and it died before discordant note went off. Maju is a little more threatening but bring a tank and make sure you don't sc. We also added a rdm to blind it but if you lack a good rdm just have the geo use focus/lang to blind it everytime it wears off and go back to melee bubbles after.
 Shiva.Keman
Offline
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Keman
Posts: 58
By Shiva.Keman 2017-06-16 08:44:33
Link | Citer | R
 
what Libbien said, the minimum number for a decent group on Maju might be 5-6? but that seems tougher especially if its going to be a PUG. I have did Maju the last 2 nights no problem with a setup of whm/pld/geo/brd/blu/blu and rdm/thf. (first night had burtang PLD with no idris second night it was swapped no burtang but an Idris geo, one blu AG mythic/empy other just AG Empy both nights)

thf is just for TH and rdm was for Blind(which needs to always be up, if it wears off DD turn till re-applied) just make sure tank back tanks it and DD Melee behind maju at max melee range while not making SC's (blus spamming mythic WS and thf Rudas)

I was the empy blu and with one acc song, focus, and I assume rdm was doing -eva. I could eat acc food and Melee in my non Acc set on Maju no problem. set has like 1275 acc I think?

Went like 0/4 on blm bodies first night, then 2nd night went 0,1,2,1. so random as always.
 Shiva.Arislan
Offline
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Arislan
Posts: 801
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-06-16 09:28:56
Link | Citer | R
 
Would be interesting to find out what the absolute minimum number of HQ people would be on Maju... like a Epeo hybrid RUN spamming Reso, RDM, BRD and Idris GEO? If a hybrid set BLU could tank it, maybe that would be even better.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Offline
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
Posts: 5695
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-06-16 09:48:46
Link | Citer | R
 
suspect pld geo rng could do it
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Offline
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 6836
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-16 09:55:46
Link | Citer | R
 
Three. DRG GEO BRD

My two friends merc these two T3's this way.
Offline
By clearlyamule 2017-06-16 10:26:54
Link | Citer | R
 
Bismarck.Mitchel said: »
What's the minimum number for a PUG setup on Maju/Neak, the above mage setup still preferable or is melee doable?
Well the thing about them isn't they aren't really hard to kill just there's certain things you need to get around. Neak kind of wrecks regulars with it's AoE dmg but tanks will just fine and you can avoid a lot of the AoEs with height difference and having your tank be an off party pup or just not letting anything squishy getting near it. I've seen bst pup geo trio it and I've done pupx2 + cor but other combinations can work doing that and possibly could duo but it does help to have a dd and tank that don't really need buffs.

Maju is fairly tame and easy to kill... as long as you can blind it avoid leveling it up and used to take rather high acc now it's a bit more reasonable. Good enfeeblers is a must then all you really need is at least 1 body that can take hits and at least 1 that can deal decent dmg without too much support. That could be a strict tank and some kind of DD that can deal dmg without standing on the mob or a couple of sort of tank/dd hybrids

All that said with Pugs... who knows depending on quality of players adding more could make things harder even though you already aren't winning lol
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Offline
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: bluecop81
Posts: 733
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-06-16 10:47:37
Link | Citer | R
 
Some can solo the Tree T3.

so for that min is 1
Offline
Posts: 606
By zaxtiss 2017-06-16 11:41:29
Link | Citer | R
 
Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
Some can solo the Tree T3.

so for that min is 1
solo on what job Oo?
Offline
Posts: 6417
By Afania 2017-06-16 12:01:46
Link | Citer | R
 
Shiva.Arislan said: »
Would be interesting to find out what the absolute minimum number of HQ people would be on Maju... like a Epeo hybrid RUN spamming Reso, RDM, BRD and Idris GEO? If a hybrid set BLU could tank it, maybe that would be even better.


Geo can blind and blu can cap haste, so blu+GEO probably.

Blu can solo neak as well.
 Asura.Saevel
Offline
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 6836
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-16 12:24:08
Link | Citer | R
 
zaxtiss said: »
Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
Some can solo the Tree T3.

so for that min is 1
solo on what job Oo?

GOD I think


Actually I think he means someone can multi-box the tree solo, meaning they are playing a SMN, COR and GEO. The dismiss the COR after rolls, summon trusts, pop the tree, have the GEO drop appropriate bubbles then AC zerg the tree down. With so few people the HP is low enough that one AC takes out most of it's HP and they can finish it off before Cannopierce kills everyone.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Offline
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: bluecop81
Posts: 733
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-06-16 12:44:39
Link | Citer | R
 
Asura.Saevel said: »
zaxtiss said: »
Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
Some can solo the Tree T3.

so for that min is 1
solo on what job Oo?

GOD I think


Actually I think he means someone can multi-box the tree solo, meaning they are playing a SMN, COR and GEO. The dismiss the COR after rolls, summon trusts, pop the tree, have the GEO drop appropriate bubbles then AC zerg the tree down. With so few people the HP is low enough that one AC takes out most of it's HP and they can finish it off before Cannopierce kills everyone.
Solo as Smn, Yes 1hr needed. Still counts and can use outside buffs before hand or 2box 3box geo cor Pup maybe can do Neak but idk 1st hand on that 1
 Asura.Saevel
Offline
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 6836
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-16 13:30:57
Link | Citer | R
 
Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
zaxtiss said: »
Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
Some can solo the Tree T3.

so for that min is 1
solo on what job Oo?

GOD I think


Actually I think he means someone can multi-box the tree solo, meaning they are playing a SMN, COR and GEO. The dismiss the COR after rolls, summon trusts, pop the tree, have the GEO drop appropriate bubbles then AC zerg the tree down. With so few people the HP is low enough that one AC takes out most of it's HP and they can finish it off before Cannopierce kills everyone.
Solo as Smn, Yes 1hr needed. Still counts and can use outside buffs before hand or 2box 3box geo cor Pup maybe can do Neak but idk 1st hand on that 1

You are dual boxing it, SMN + GEO.

When someone says "solo" they mean one player, one character, no dual boxs's, no outside buffs, no alliance standing by for support. I know people who claim "solo" by six boxing an entire party.

Now to the actual question and not the humble-bragging

Quote:
Would be interesting to find out what the absolute minimum number of HQ people would be on Maju... like a Epeo hybrid RUN spamming Reso, RDM, BRD and Idris GEO?


Generally three, GEO is pretty much needed due to the stat discrepancy between us and them, one source of damage and then a source of support. Rua likes using DRG because Leg Sweep's stun effect is pretty lethal on those NM's but you could use other jobs as long as they are extremely well geared and played by someone who knows what they are doing.
Offline
By clearlyamule 2017-06-16 13:46:47
Link | Citer | R
 
Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
zaxtiss said: »
Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
Some can solo the Tree T3.

so for that min is 1
solo on what job Oo?

GOD I think


Actually I think he means someone can multi-box the tree solo, meaning they are playing a SMN, COR and GEO. The dismiss the COR after rolls, summon trusts, pop the tree, have the GEO drop appropriate bubbles then AC zerg the tree down. With so few people the HP is low enough that one AC takes out most of it's HP and they can finish it off before Cannopierce kills everyone.
Solo as Smn, Yes 1hr needed. Still counts and can use outside buffs before hand or 2box 3box geo cor Pup maybe can do Neak but idk 1st hand on that 1
Kind of curious though is it just hoping it never does anything to kill you in that short time?
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Offline
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: bluecop81
Posts: 733
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-06-16 13:54:27
Link | Citer | R
 
It is all about the get you before you get me idea. Yes it can fail. Yes there is a high chance to lose AC before it dies, with trust or without you still need to be able to beat the odds but has been done. Even if you are only doing 30k per BP, and have to recall avatar more than once, you still have apogee 1, super revit then apogee again that is 4 added BP

Never said it is 100% fool proof but it has been done. and with #9 can easily go back to get meds, reset 1hr in MMM, with a cor, or abyssea (Diremite or cactar both 100% drop revit) can do probably 5~10 in an hour. No I do not suggest this for a NQ smn like myself but a well geared smn with solid damage without buffs will do this far more often than not.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Offline
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Papesse
Posts: 300
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2017-06-16 14:52:46
Link | Citer | R
 
Yakshi and Maju are soloable on SMN without the use of mules and outside buffs. Strat is the same for both, it's all a matter of preventing TP moves with Mewing Lullaby.

Trusts : Moogle, Gessho, Ulmia (Maju) or Brygid (Yakshi) Yoran, Koru.
Food : Akamochi
Set Hastega II and Earthen Armor before pop.
Pop NM with 3k TP but don't activate Aftermath yet.
Down NM while rotating Volt Strike and Mewing Lullaby.
After 6 min~ (NM should be at 60~70% and Apogee rdy) use Assassin's Drink then Garland of Bliss (Defense Down lands with a very good MACC set) then AF/AC Volt Strike and hope it will kill it.

These NMs have a low regain but Yakshi can get a lot of TP with Occult Acumen trait and Maju hits very fast, they can use their TP moves on some occasions but things should be okay as long it's not Cordon of Apathy / Oppressive Glare. In the case of Yakshi it's very important to make sure that Gessho is the only person taking AoEs hits / spells.
Yakshi took me multiple attempts, mainly because I kept insisting on zerging from 100% but I think I can kill it with a good success rate now. Maju took me only one try but I got probably lucky and I had to zombie DoT/BP the last %.
[+]
Offline
By clearlyamule 2017-06-16 16:38:14
Link | Citer | R
 
So smn OP pls nerf? :p

Seriously though Papesse you are amazing
Offline
Posts: 1115
By Ruaumoko 2017-06-16 19:28:01
Link | Citer | R
 

Maju can be 3-manned by a RDM, BRD and GEO.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Neak gets absolutely decimated by a fully buffed DRG.

Attempting to get a working 3-man strategy for Yakshi.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Offline
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
Posts: 5695
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-06-16 19:39:48
Link | Citer | R
 
Pld rng geo definitely can do yakshi
Offline
Posts: 6417
By Afania 2017-06-16 20:38:56
Link | Citer | R
 
For those looking for Neak solo strat here is link to the video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nJQARyijhNc
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [90 days between previous and next post]
Offline
Posts: 2
By colinsheen 2017-09-15 03:11:54
Link | Citer | R
 
sorry for a possible bump, but wondering why the trusts in the video their HP are so high? around 3000 each of them?
Offline
Posts: 750
By Staleyx 2017-09-15 03:26:55
Link | Citer | R
 
Quote:
sorry for a possible bump, but wondering why the trusts in the video their HP are so high? around 3000 each of them?

Might have been during a Trust campaign where there hp/hp is increased.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [74 days between previous and next post]
Offline
Posts: 606
By zaxtiss 2017-11-28 09:01:47
Link | Citer | R
 
hi everyone i was wondering how viable doing T3 tree with bsts using Bouncing Bertha (HQ) pet is i heard that it procs the tree is that correct? and also about how much acc would be needed ? i sit about 1150 acc on bst with no food
Offline
Posts: 234
By Brynach 2017-11-28 10:02:52
Link | Citer | R
 
Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
Yakshi and Maju are soloable on SMN without the use of mules and outside buffs. Strat is the same for both, it's all a matter of preventing TP moves with Mewing Lullaby.

Trusts : Moogle, Gessho, Ulmia (Maju) or Brygid (Yakshi) Yoran, Koru.
Food : Akamochi
Set Hastega II and Earthen Armor before pop.
Pop NM with 3k TP but don't activate Aftermath yet.
Down NM while rotating Volt Strike and Mewing Lullaby.
After 6 min~ (NM should be at 60~70% and Apogee rdy) use Assassin's Drink then Garland of Bliss (Defense Down lands with a very good MACC set) then AF/AC Volt Strike and hope it will kill it.

These NMs have a low regain but Yakshi can get a lot of TP with Occult Acumen trait and Maju hits very fast, they can use their TP moves on some occasions but things should be okay as long it's not Cordon of Apathy / Oppressive Glare. In the case of Yakshi it's very important to make sure that Gessho is the only person taking AoEs hits / spells.
Yakshi took me multiple attempts, mainly because I kept insisting on zerging from 100% but I think I can kill it with a good success rate now. Maju took me only one try but I got probably lucky and I had to zombie DoT/BP the last %.

Agreed. I actually brought a COR to do Yakshi, and that made the entire fight last about 9 minutes. The added effect of good rolls plus dia/light shot really makes Yakshi fall apart to solo smn dmg.

edit: w/o cor was about 9 mins. with cor time went down significantly.
First Page 2
Log in to post.