First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 17 18 19
 Asura.Failaras
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-02-19 02:42:30
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Tamoa said: »
Ironguy/Iarumas for being the most dedicated and outstanding sam I've ever played with.

Kryshna for being the best brd I've ever played with and one of the very few whms I trust to do their job. On top of that, also one of the nicest people I've met in this game.

Demetrios (shellholder of Nirvana on Pandemonium) for being pretty much the best pld I've seen in action.

Moody - badass blm!

Renzy for being good at all the jobs he played - and such a great person.

Dajociont, best war.

There's a LOT of other people that I consider good players too, but these are the ones that stand out to me and that I've actually played with at some point.
Wtf
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-02-19 02:43:09
Link | Citer | R

The NM it dropped from is referenced in the texts. A mythological text is going to be inherently mage-related. I don't doubt that the person who added it may have had a chuckle about Avesta the player, but we'll never know unless it shows up in one of those interviews they do. Never mind that the guy's character was renamed well before they were released, if it was intended solely as a nod to him I'd think they'd use his current name. Just a coincidence that he had a name that fit their naming schemes at the time.

Thread itself is just a simple popularity contest, easily half of the players listed thus far had terrible grasp of game mechanics and little more than a leadership position to their credit. May as well do a top 40 with the XIAH high scorers, at least that's objectively accurate.
[+]
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-02-19 02:43:58
Link | Citer | R

From the server I started at, Shiva, I would say Hiep. A highly skilled player and a really good organizer. If he is the one making a PUG, you can be sure you will easily win whatever content you are about to do.
By Titanfoo 2016-02-19 02:49:43
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2016-02-19 02:54:52
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Madawc
Wow, this brings back memories.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-02-19 03:00:53
Link | Citer | R

Without his insight, we would have never known that wearing peacock charm on DRK lowered your souleater damage!
By Titanfoo 2016-02-19 03:07:32
Link | Citer | R

Avesta proved he could solo mobs that weren't even considered soloable, he did it over an over, and if you don't know who he his your new to this game, as neat as I think "first relic" or w/e is being able to solo mobs that destroyed alliances before anything was scaled and 0 info on how to solo such mobs makes it clear to me. Avesta is a FF legend, and anything after that is kinda blurry imo. A lot of ppl are really good at this game, but Avesta was on another lvl.

Maybe it's just cause he had the balls to try it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Syto
user: Sessho
By Leviathan.Syto 2016-02-19 03:22:08
Link | Citer | R

The best way to capture this data is to have a database system that captures votes and inputs them into a table that is categorized in different areas like: Best SAM, or Best All Around Experience, Best contributor to FFXI Formula/Calculation, Best etc. Once this data is captured and allocated properly, you can then have some real results. Right now its just a popularity contest like Comeatmebro stated. We need real categories and real data gathering done automatically by code with an input system.

Some issues with this free posting thread without any order or class:

- Some don't want to post on these forums because they dont like the FFXIAH community and would rather be anonymous.
- Some are just introverted/shy and don't post.
- Posts aren't clear as people have different definitions of "best" and try to develop their own category through their reasoning.
- Names listed without any category or deep reason why they are nominated.
- Arguments/Ego/Trolling..etc
- Some people just vote because they had good "experiences" with people that helped them. lol (i.e. New Categories based on old friendship alone)

This is why REAL categories have to be made not just 100 categories based on level of friendship which is biased

I would be very excited and honored if Rooks, Scragg and Stanislav got together and created an Input/Voting system for this project. The system would be a new fan/player "Hall of Fame" page and would be recognized and honored by Guildwork, FFXIAH, and Bluegartr just like FFXIAH's built in Top Players/Linkshells that is just purely based on in-game items and achievements. They could expand on this and create a voting system.

The only issue with online voting systems are the fraudulent voting that can be done with sock accounts. If there is a way to overcome this issue, then this project could be really valuable. Right now this is still a major issue as well. One guy can make tons of sock accounts with fake IP addresses and flood the forums with nominating one guy or group of people over an over again.

Maybe I am getting over passionate about this and should just stop. Its never going to happen. Carry on guys. lol
 Asura.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2016-02-19 03:31:20
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Failaras said: »
Ironguy/Iarumas for being the most dedicated and outstanding sam I've ever played with.

Kryshna for being the best brd I've ever played with and one of the very few whms I trust to do their job. On top of that, also one of the nicest people I've met in this game.

Demetrios (shellholder of Nirvana on Pandemonium) for being pretty much the best pld I've seen in action.

Moody - badass blm!

Dajociont, best war.

There's a LOT of other people that I consider good players too, but these are the ones that stand out to me and that I've actually played with at some point.
Wtf

<3
By Titanfoo 2016-02-19 03:35:48
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Phoenix.Syto
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Syto 2016-02-19 03:37:08
Link | Citer | R

Moody - badass blm!

Dajociont, best war.

Wtf

<3

I love that loyalty you had to your old Nirvana crew even after so many years. I met you briefly Tam on Asura. I hope you are doing well. Say Hi to Ironguy for me. This is Cyto the SAM that always annoyed him. lol ^_^
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-19 03:37:44
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Thread itself is just a simple popularity contest, easily half of the players listed thus far had terrible grasp of game mechanics and little more than a leadership position to their credit. May as well do a top 40 with the XIAH high scorers, at least that's objectively accurate.

I think it'd be more "fair" if op could at least give some directions about how should we pick ppl, otherwise we may just come up with a list that's pointless to others.

I consider players with good communication/problem solving/leadership skill and gets event done efficiently "better" players than elite DD players wins parse every single run, but start drama and blame game when support couldn't keep their epeen DD alive.

There are many players in FFXI that understands game mechanics very well, but whenever they're in pt, the entire pt efficiency decreased because they start blame game on other members and destroy pt morale when one person do things wrong.

So how can we rate players like this "top" players when pt actually has worse performance with them in pt?

Also spot light players are kinda job dependent: Some ppl keep mentioning having awesome solo video= good player. But not every player plays jobs that excel at solo situations, wouldn't it kinda unfair for ppl who plays support jobs? Some ppl excel at winning parse on DD in every single fight, and it's easy to tell because parses kinda translates a players knowledge/skill and performance directly to numbers. On the other hand, support jobs like WHM are harder to tell their contribution in pt since the only way to know is to pt with them in variety of situations to know how they make decisions. For example you can't tell if a WHM is good or not if he'she only heals 1 tank getting vex/attunement. But if he/she heals a pt of melee without vex/attunement, that's when you may notice the difference if you're melee. But you may still not notice if that WHM has been keeping dia2 and debuffs on(which many WHM can't do, mind you).

In the end if everyone just list their favorite players they've met, or read on forums, we'd just get a huge list of ppl that no matter who makes it in 40 would not mean anything to different individuals.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-02-19 03:40:53
Link | Citer | R

Aside legends like Avesta I remember a tarutaru who was soloing LBC (Salvage) and other salvo mobs on... was it SCH I think?
I dropped my jaw the first time I saw it.
What was his name? I Can't remember...
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-19 03:44:11
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Syto said: »
The best way to capture this data is to have a database system that captures votes and inputs them into a table that is categorized in different areas like: Best SAM, or Best All Around Experience, Best contributor to FFXI Formula/Calculation, Best etc.

Wouldn't voting system become another popularity contest again? Say "best SAM" for example. wouldn't we all ended up voting for the only SAM we ever pt with and parse high, or whoever post the most on forums?

May as well use the voting system to vote for "the most popular SAM" instead of "best SAM". There are a lot of players that's very dedicated to their job and are very helpful to the community. They just don't post on forums(or don't post as much).
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-02-19 03:52:40
Link | Citer | R

ITT: There is no objective way to determine who the best/top 40 players of FFXI are/were, especially when a majority of them or those who they played with haven't touched the game or its communities in years.
[+]
By Titanfoo 2016-02-19 03:53:17
Link | Citer | R

Love him or hate him, this was a break through for anyone that wanted to play blu
[+]
 Phoenix.Syto
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Syto 2016-02-19 04:10:18
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
The best way to capture this data is to have a database system that captures votes and inputs them into a table that is categorized in different areas like: Best SAM, or Best All Around Experience, Best contributor to FFXI Formula/Calculation, Best etc.

Wouldn't voting system become another popularity contest again? Say "best SAM" for example. wouldn't we all ended up voting for the only SAM we ever pt with and parse high, or whoever post the most on forums?

May as well use the voting system to vote for "the most popular SAM" instead of "best SAM". There are a lot of players that's very dedicated to their job and are very helpful to the community. They just don't post on forums(or don't post as much).

I am open to any category. Those that I listed were just premature.

That is true about your statement of promoting popularity contest. To overcome this, we must develop the best categories possible that reflect the best attributes, then protect and find a pure voting system. Only then this will be successful. I love your idea of " Most Popular SAM".

TLDR: I am open to anything as long as we can make it happen with effective systems and organization. Hope we can get all of our best programmers to help us here. ^_^
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-19 04:13:29
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Syto said: »

That is true about your statement of promoting popularity contest. To overcome this, we must develop the best categories possible that reflect the best attributes, then protect and find a pure voting system. Only then this will be successful. I love your idea of " Most Popular SAM".

TLDR: I am open to anything as long as we can make it happen with effective systems and organization. Hope we can get all of our best programmers to help us here. ^_^

To find out who the best sam is, we need to setup a mega server for every sam to parse against with each other. The winner gets a cookie and big epenis :)
 Leviathan.Syto
By Leviathan.Syto 2016-02-19 04:18:49
Link | Citer | R

To find out who the best sam is, we need to setup a mega server for every sam to parse against with each other. The winner gets a cookie and big epenis :)

I'm down. ^_*)y
By Titanfoo 2016-02-19 04:31:24
Link | Citer | R

it's kinda like football; if you're not that strong you prolly dance in the end zone. If your a badass you just let stats speak for themselves.

I don't believe the top 40 show themselves.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-02-19 04:50:09
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Minikowalski

cause we're being sarcastic right?

Otherwise I have no idea. I only know the best players among the ones I've personally played with.
[+]
By Ackeron 2016-02-19 05:28:22
Link | Citer | R

Let's not forget the people at Brady Games. They played this game just to make that guide for us all.

God bless you FFXI players of Brady Games!
[+]
By CHENGMIKEY 2016-02-19 05:34:33
Link | Citer | R

Edwardtheblack the founder on BG. Worldx from Worldx's LS
 Shiva.Applesmash
Serveur: Shiva
user: Hyriu
By Shiva.Applesmash 2016-02-19 05:41:59
Link | Citer | R

Hiep cause he's RMT and no one knows
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-02-19 05:50:17
Link | Citer | R

As a career Melee WHM, i can't i just CANNOT
let this thread fly on by without Two WHM names being dropped:

Ghishlain:
Probably one of the biggest influences on me as a solo WHM.
He is an incredible WHM, and He recently came back.
Love ye Ghishy!

Shinjikoto:
Another inspiration, and an inspiration of Ghish's
He has recently been in contact with me. He's a Hella Swella guy, and was one of my driving forces for a Mjollnir.

-.^

I needa do some WHM soloes soon lol.
[+]
 Asura.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2016-02-19 06:01:38
Link | Citer | R

Moody - badass blm!

Dajociont, best war.

Wtf

<3

I love that loyalty you had to your old Nirvana crew even after so many years. I met you briefly Tam on Asura. I hope you are doing well. Say Hi to Ironguy for me. This is Cyto the SAM that always annoyed him. lol ^_^

There's two people on my list that were in Nirvana. Tbh I have trouble remembering what most Nirvana members were like as players, and the majority of those I do remember don't stand out to me like these two. Although come to think of it, Resulted deserves a mention.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-02-19 07:16:52
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
Madawc

Wasn't he the guy who was popping up every time "DRK" was mentioned on KillingIfrit forums as if he was an authority?
 Asura.Vaynn
user: VleraPR
By Asura.Vaynn 2016-02-19 07:28:38
Link | Citer | R

Let me first startoff by saying wow! seriously to everyone who has contributed thus far seriously thank you for the recommendations and please keep them all coming! you never know who will make the final cut!

I understand there's alot of confusion in this thread so allow me to verify certain points as to why im doing this project. Simply put this is only for fun ladie's and mantra's. Think of it as simple as a Who's your favorite list of players who have accomplished great things during the time they spent in FFXI and why do you consider them above average.

Now let me also verify that when i meant everything counts i simply mean the achievement itself doesn't have to mean high end gear or most endgame linkshell kills etc etc. The achievement itself can be as simple as helping others learn more about a specific job in great detail or maybe even hosting .DAT file's for people to enjoy and have fun with.

Guys i understand why there's so much concern over the ultimatum "It's just gunna end up being a popularity contest" but this is why i'm devoting my spare time into in depth research to the specific individual's and i can assure you this will not turn out into a "FFXIAH's Second Best Dressed Beauty Pageant". Yes peeps i am fully aware that there is no proper way to validate someone's success over others as there are a unlimited number of ways to go about this.

I appreciate those that have clearly shown alot of passion in such a simple request, alot of you guys are truly showcasing your inspiration's as to why you love FFXI and others even put in there own family members into the fold which actually inspire's me to dedicate the time to further enhance the project. Yes the final listing's WONT be for everyone but thats the fun of it all, your not suppose to fully agree with me from the start, this is mainly for alot of us vet's to throw our heads together for a common cause and say who we think stand above the rest.

Hell i'm actually surprised there has been no mention of guys like Xenith/Seyonne/Kaoz/Leila/Sydney/Sabishii/Upbeat/Lemming/Jkun/Serenia etc etc. But in one sense i'm not because this is the fun of the project! hearing about all these names ive never even been versed with before! [It's cool to learn about other players histories]

So in one hand it's to commemorate the years of FFXI and also for alot of us to think back on hella older times and who we think are truly the best players.

So really all im looking for is the people you think stand above the crowd and reasons why, and if you want to help me out toss me some link's as to pics or maybe a old blog or whatever showcasing that person "If possible"

So thank you everyone so far for not turning this into a "Draylo Vs Upbeat" type deal and once more please keep the suggestions coming!
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2016-02-19 07:28:59
Link | Citer | R

I am #1, all else is irrelevant
 Ragnarok.Zeig
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2016-02-19 07:44:48
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »
Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
Madawc

Wasn't he the guy who was popping up every time "DRK" was mentioned on KillingIfrit forums as if he was an authority?
Not sure about that (he didn't seem to act authoritatively to me). From what I can remember, he used to come up with a weird theory about DRK (or game mechanics in general) every now and then. Every netizen of the DRK subforum on KI used to make fun of him. He had access to top-notch DRK gear like Kraken Club and, IIRC, Apoc, and would claim that he could back up his claims.
Things like tying elemental resistances gear to job performance. His ideas were crazy (and fun to read tbh), and honestly, I think he was either a bit delusional, or a massive troll.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 17 18 19