FFVII Original-to-Remake Appreciation Thread.

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » FFVII Original-to-Remake Appreciation Thread.
FFVII Original-to-Remake Appreciation Thread.
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Shiva.Francisco
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2015-12-07 03:54:01
Link | Citer | R

fillerbunny9 said: »
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
fillerbunny9 said: »
there was plenty of uncensored swearing in the original release. they just ALSO added in censored bits for comedic effect.

http://tinyurl.com/mntv8s9

tiny url because both link and external image have naughty words

I don't see any swearing. I suppose "***", but he was telling someone to sit down .. so it wasn't like he was using it to insult someone.

I want to know what he says when Ultima Weapon shows up.

goddamn? ***? that would be considered swearing, unless we consider anything less than f-bombs every other word inconsequential. additionally, this was Sony's way of being "edgy" with the translation.

I think that Barret says "***" a few times, and there's some uses of "friggin" or "frickin", which I'm not sure if it qualifies as a swear or not, still means "***", but it's a less harsh way of saying it.
 Siren.Novadragon
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Novadragon 2015-12-07 11:07:52
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I would certainly hope that the stats carry over. It doesn't make a lot of sense to collect a bunch of items and level up characters only to have to redo from scratch with each episode. I'm not expecting something as seamless as "End of Disc 1, please insert Disc 2", but I'm guessing that there'll at least some decent continuity between the episodes. Either way, the mere fact that they're not even trying to fit it all on one disc means that they're not holding back, and I'm hoping that the FFVII remake will be as revolutionary for the genre as the original was.

Pretty sure they're going to do the multiple disc feature again. Maybe stick to 4 or have 5-6.

They're making Cloud more interactive with the environment instead of running straight lines XD!
 Valefor.Kensagaku
Serveur: Valefor
user: Kensagaku
By Valefor.Kensagaku 2015-12-07 11:38:26
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Which character is everyone's favourite?

The one I'm -really- hoping gets some good screen time for once is Red XIII. He got very minimal appearances in both Advent Children and at the end of Dirge of Cerberus due to the difficulties in animating him, so I'm hoping to see a lot more of him. Even more props if we get to change character control and I get to personally rip a few throats out (or just smack them with the headdress, I guess. v.v)

I'm also hoping to see more expansion on him personally. Up until the Cosmo Canyon arc and through it, he's generally pretty interesting as a character, but aside from Bugenhagen's death, he sorta loses steam after that. He's a mixture of deep, friendly, and occasionally comical (I can't help but laugh at him trying to stand on two legs on the Shinra ship, or smile a little at him playing soccer with the kids in Costa del Sol) that makes him an all-around interesting character, and he becomes more so as you reach Cosmo Canyon and you see his interactions with Bugenhagen. But again, after that he just kinda... I dunno. Hopefully they keep his personality a bit stronger in the remake instead of tapering off. And give him a decent VA!

As for multiple episodes I hope it's simply a multiple disc thing, as mentioned. Or they could be doing something like King's Quest is doing, releasing pieces at a time. I hope it's the first, though. >_>
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-12-07 11:44:04
Link | Citer | R

There should be alot more room in the remake for interparty banter, something voice acting brings to the table.

Yuffie and Vincent are canon now so I hope those two become mandatory characters and aren't carted off to the side.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-07 11:45:55
Link | Citer | R

Where is Yuffie going to put all those materia balls she steals..?!
By Ramyrez 2015-12-07 11:52:08
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »

Well, see, in some corners of the internet...
[+]
 Asura.Ninjaface
Serveur: Asura
user: Ninjaface
By Asura.Ninjaface 2015-12-07 12:00:22
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »

She's got places.
By Ramyrez 2015-12-07 12:01:13
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ninjaface said: »
Ramyrez said: »

She's got places.

And how!

Kik her if interested, serious inquiries only!
[+]
By Zaeeth 2015-12-07 12:17:21
Link | Citer | R

One of my favorite aspects of the FFVII game was the whole magic system with the Materia. The way many of them linked together in fun and unique ways. Final Attack + Phoenix. Throwing your whole GIL supply to kill that one annoying little boss. Learning Enemy Skills from monsters all over. Summons (Knights of the Round!) and Miming.

It was so intricate and involved. I've not played a system of magic after that which I've enjoyed more. FFXI's elemental wheel and interactions came close but Materia was just above and beyond awesome.

Favorite character would have to be Tifa, just watching her with her full limit break giving enemies a full 2 minute beatdown was always enjoyable.

And hello Golden Saucer and the Battle Arena. Not to mention all the other little mini-games that made the whole experience so immersive. The FFVII world felt full and filled with a lot of fleshed out characters not the cardboard cutouts that many games still just use as bullet/spell/sword fodder.

As much as so many dislike and hate FFVII it is a standout game which pushed games and gaming, in many ways, to what we see today.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-12-07 13:41:46
Link | Citer | R

Loving some of these responses. I've been thinking of what else I would like to see in the Remake .. and I remembered this. Scarlet vs Tifa slap fight anyone?

[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-12-07 14:04:44
Link | Citer | R

Question time! I have a few of them whirling around my hollow skull.

1) Should they nerf Knights of the Round considerably (but still remain the most powerful summon)?

2) Should the final bosses (Jenova and both versions of Seph) be much more harder to defeat?

3) Should Ruby and Emerald weapons be as difficult as they were in the original? Also, should they make Diamond and Ultima weapons stronger?
By Artemicion 2015-12-07 14:13:33
Link | Citer | R

1) I think they should still make KOTR the most powerful summon, but make it more interesting by perhaps making sidequests or even just chores to improve its power from its "base" power. Kind of like how in FFIX, certain eidelons were more powerful the more you had a particular gem in your inventory.

2) Yes please, it was relatively easy at the end point of the game, even without grinding or questing for better gear/armor/materia to defeat the final bosses. Granted you could still lose if you severely underleveled your second group of characters or drug out the fight for too long, but I'd like to see something more intricate and involved than simply being large HP sponges.

3) Ruby weapon was particularly difficult to defeat not because of his strength or HP, but because of the conditions necessary to take him on. I think if we shoehorn players in to uncomfortable or unfamiliar fighting circumstances and pit them against already tough baddies in those situations, it could be fun and challenging.
Hopefully we can end the zerg-rush mentality of defeating the best of the best.

Clarification: Indeed, main storyline bosses shouldn't be frustrating or overly difficult to defeat. However, I would like to see unique triggers or conditions to help make fights more interesting and focused than simply spamming attack and healing when necessary.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2015-12-07 14:20:41
Link | Citer | R

KotR isn't that much more powerful than many of the limit breaks, and in many cases, weaker, so no.

The final boss is a storyline boss, which isn't supposed to be super difficult to a decked out party, so no.

And maybe buff Ultima weapon a little the final time you fight him, but not too much because that's where you get Cloud's ultimate weapon. You can't put a ruby/emerald weapon-tier fight between you and your main character's ultimate weapon. Also, Diamond is a storyline boss, so no.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-07 14:22:13
Link | Citer | R

I don't think there's a need to make the final bosses particularly hard, that's why there's always these optional enemies like the weapons. I don't mean they have to be a steamroll, but most people don't want a game that is frustrating to beat.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Serveur: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-12-07 14:25:18
Link | Citer | R

Some of the other FF remakes (or ports I guess is more accurate) added extra crazy dungeons filled with super bosses and even stronger gear, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they did that here too.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2015-12-07 14:37:58
Link | Citer | R

They should give us the option to also make the summoning animations short, so I don't have to sit there for 2mins for Knights of the round to finish :O
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-12-07 16:12:14
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Final Fantasy VII Remake producer Yoshinori Kitase and director Tetsuya Nomura have shared more details about Final Fantasy VII Remake, including why the game will release in multiple parts.

In interviews published by Famitsu and Dengeki Online (via Gematsu), the duo confirmed that the game will officially be called Final Fantasy VII Remake to assure players that the game is not merely a sequel or spin-off.

“I don’t want the remake to end as something nostalgic. I want to get the fans of the original version excited. We’ll be making adjustments to the story with this feeling in mind."

The Famitsu interview also confirmed that various companies, including CyberConnect2, were involved in development and all were working closely together to ensure the game is consistent, particularly as Nomura had been "annoyed" by the direction of the latest trailer as it departed too much from Square Enix's own style.

There will be three-member parties in Final Fantasy VII Remake and free switching between them, and while the ATB gauge will be present, it won't be the type that fills up while you wait to attack but instead its own system that "lends to the action of this game".

"Regarding the battle speed and tempo, for the sake of a stress-free battle, we want to do something on the level of Dissidia Final Fantasy," said Nomura. “As far as the degree of action goes, it’s Dissidia Final Fantasy, then Kingdom Hearts, then Final Fantasy VII Remake. There won’t be any actions that require a technique. By using the new system, we want to do action battles while also being able to fight while thinking strategically.”

Cloud looks "skinny due to his white skin and the lighting" and the scenario in which he cross-dresses for Don Corneo will remain, but has yet to be redesigned.

The "entirety" of the latest trailer is all in-game (besides the E3 2015 trailer snippets), and the quality of the teaser is "just the starting point".

"One of the main reasons why we haven’t done a remake until now is because it’s a massive undertaking to reconstruct Final Fantasy VII from the ground up with the current technology," said Kitase. "To a great extent, we just couldn’t take the plunge. Producing a proper HD remake of Final Fantasy VII that maintains the same feeling of density of the original results in a volume of content that couldn’t possibly fit into one installment."

"If we were to try to fit everything into one installment, we would have to cut various parts and create a condensed version of Final Fantasy VII. But there would be no point in doing that," added Nomura. "For instance, players will be able to explore many different areas of Midgar in this game that they couldn’t access in the original─if we’re remaking this world, we want to add in areas like this and depict them with real detail.

"Of course, there may be parts that are cut from the original for various reasons, but with all the new depiction that we’re adding to the game and the level of detail we’re incorporating, the overall amount of content is only going to increase. I’m sure everyone is anxious about the schedule, and we want everyone to get to play the game as soon as possible, too. Drawing the line on that front is another reason why we’re taking this approach."

“In addition to delving into these episodes more deeply, we’re preparing a number of mechanisms and such," Nomura added. "To those who played the original version will know the important parts and understand the story from the beginning to the end. Also for these people, I hope that they can be surprised once again.”

Quote:
Much like Kingdom Hearts III, Square Enix's upcoming Final Fantasy VII Remake will be powered by Unreal Engine 4.

"We realize how special Final Fantasy VII is to fans, and we place our trust in Unreal Engine 4 technology and tools to help deliver this long-awaited remake, crafted for modern platforms," Square Enix producer Yoshinori Kitase said in a statement.

Taka Kawasaki of Epic Games Japan also spoke to the partnership, saying: "We’re humbled that Square Enix has chosen Unreal Engine 4 to recreate one of the world’s most beloved video games of all time. It is a joy to work with the talented developers behind the franchise, and this marks an unforgettable moment in Unreal Engine history."

Additionally, Geomerics has revealed that Final Fantasy VII Remake will make use of its lighting technology, Enlighten, "as the indirect lighting solution of choice." According to the company's announcement, the team "will continue to work closely with Square Enix throughout development to ensure the final lighting quality exceeds expectations."
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-12-08 15:46:37
Link | Citer | R

I like how serious they are about the remake. They clearly love the original game more than we do.
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2015-12-08 16:13:30
Link | Citer | R

I'm not too familiar with what it means to have 'multiple parts'. That doesn't mean we'll lose our progress and start over at lv1 right?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-08 16:18:45
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
I'm not too familiar with what it means to have 'multiple parts'. That doesn't mean we'll lose our progress and start over at lv1 right?
I imagine it'd be like The After Years. Parallel chapters are independent from one another but the key ones that follow them chose save status from the previous.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-12-08 16:21:52
Link | Citer | R

I imagine it'd be like The After Years. Parallel chapters are independent from one another but the key ones that follow them chose save status from the previous.
Most likely how .hack did it.
 Phoenix.Erics
Serveur: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2015-12-08 16:23:16
Link | Citer | R

Means they will be using multiple disc, and more than likely wont be released at the same time "because $" I'm just hoping there wont be weeks, months or a year wait between releases if they do choose that route. Its pretty safe to assume your character carries over if its just breaking up the game due to size. If its like,more disc that expand the series or something, i would imagine a mass effect style carry over as well.
 Sylph.Knala
Serveur: Sylph
user: nala
By Sylph.Knala 2015-12-08 17:30:19
Link | Citer | R

im more hoping the "parts" is a remake of all 7 based/related games to make theirs stories more cohesive and bring them to a new generation of audiences...

The alternative of breaking the main game into parts sounds like a cash grab that i might just "lets play" on you tube vice buying it my self for probably the first time in my gaming history.

I dont mind sequels and spin offs or expansions but dont sell me an incomplete game. thats all i ask.
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-12-09 08:49:06
Link | Citer | R

The music! FFVII's music was something I always loved. The overworld music after meteor is summoned always struck me as haunting and several pieces send me back to my childhood, staying up all night, marathoning FFVII at a friend's house every weekend.

X-post from RT, somewhat related.
YouTube Video Placeholder
By Sandmaster 2015-12-09 09:57:02
Link | Citer | R

Here's hoping for expanding on post-game and adding new post-game content.

More related in-game content to the number VII.

On a serious note:
Most importantly, up the max level to 119. If this is to hard to implement this could be done buy aquisistion of new and powerful Materia... Oh wait, this is a 'Remake' so implementation will be easy - yay! .....
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [119 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-04-06 17:35:11
Link | Citer | R

Each FF7 installment will be a full size game

Quote:
Final Fantasy VII Remake's episodes will each be the size of a full-scale game, on par with installments of the Final Fantasy XIII sub-series.

There had previously been some confusion over the announcement that the game will be a multi-part series, with some asking whether it would take the form of something like Telltale's 2-3 hour episodes.

However, in the latest issue of Game Informer, producer Yoshinori Kitase clarifies, saying: "It will essentially be a full scale game for each part of the multi-part series [...] if we're just looking at each of these parts, one part should be on par with the scale of one Final Fantasy XIII game."

This is welcome news. I don't think we will get one this year tho, not with FF15 coming out so late in the year.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-04-06 21:54:33
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Most likely how .hack did it.
Called it.....kindof.
By Altimaomega 2016-04-06 22:03:35
Link | Citer | R

I don't think there's a need to make the final bosses particularly hard, that's why there's always these optional enemies like the weapons. I don't mean they have to be a steamroll, but most people don't want a game that is frustrating to beat.

Pretty much the downfall of Final fantasy games right here.

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Each FF7 installment will be a full size game
So are they breaking the game up? Or are they doing the remake/original and then making others in that world?
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-04-06 22:10:22
Link | Citer | R

Its being broken up into several games, I guess I should have posted in the other FF7 thread, oh well.
By Altimaomega 2016-04-06 22:13:36
Link | Citer | R

rofl, good ole SE. Make us wait for a decade, cash in.