FFVII Original-to-Remake Appreciation Thread.

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » FFVII Original-to-Remake Appreciation Thread.
FFVII Original-to-Remake Appreciation Thread.
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Siren.Novadragon
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Novadragon 2015-12-06 18:21:43
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Several colors for each chocobo 'tier'?

They could make it harder to get the extra World Map abilities. I know my dad loved Choco breeding, he spent many hours on that. I remember filling my stables with Gold chocos at one point. It wasn't hard to do, so they could easily expand on it, add more colours, new abilities, but ultimately keep the Gold Chocobo the best, and able to reach Knights Of The Round. I hope they don't make KOTR available any other way; everyone enjoys FFVII chocobos, without the incentive there would be no point.

Purple, Red, White, Pink, Blue did exist in the Chocobo Racing game.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-12-06 18:22:55
Link | Citer | R

Totally forgot about Pink. There's two blues, the light blue (the one you can breed), and the darker blue (the one I always wanted).
 Asura.Regicide
Serveur: Asura
user: voiceless
By Asura.Regicide 2015-12-06 18:24:22
Link | Citer | R

Please can i have a ff9 Remake it was 2wice as good as ff7 T.T
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-12-06 18:25:39
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Regicide said: »
Please can i have a ff9 Remake it was 2wice as good as ff7 T.T

If you continue I will ask Anna to topic ban you.
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2015-12-06 18:26:21
Link | Citer | R

In FF9, Red was mountain, Sky Blue was shallow waters, Blue was Sea. Maybe Black Chocobo have traits to all 3 and Gold can fly?

Can help to expand the Chocobo variety.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-12-06 18:28:19
Link | Citer | R

Ok, so just another thing I want to see in the Remake, and hopefully it's expanded on considerably. Mythril Mine is one of the smallest areas in the game, and although it included no bosses and a brief cutscene with The Turks, I always found it beautiful and underutilized.

Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-12-06 18:31:07
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Novadragon said: »
In FF9, Red was mountain, Sky Blue was shallow waters, Blue was Sea. Maybe Black Chocobo have traits to all 3 and Gold can fly?

That would work, maybe require you to have all 3 to breed a black one that can do all 3 things while the others can only do one thing each (unlike Red that could do shallow waters + mountains and Blue can do all 3)

Not sure how it would work with 3 but <.< They can figure it out
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-12-06 18:32:56
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Novadragon said: »

That would work, maybe require you to have all 3 to breed a black one that can do all 3 things while the others can only do one thing each (unlike Red that could do shallow waters + mountains and Blue can do all 3)

Not sure how it would work with 3 but <.< They can figure it out

They could add abilities to dig for items (like FFXI), to sprint faster (in the field); there's so many extra abilities that could be added. Hopefully a Gold Chocobo is something you really have to work for, and has all the abilities and nice rewards.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-12-06 18:38:54
Link | Citer | R

You mean like in IX! (chocographs and Hot & Cold)
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-12-06 18:40:34
Link | Citer | R

Completely forgot about this!

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-12-06 18:41:21
Link | Citer | R

You mean like in IX! (chocographs and Hot & Cold)

Yes, FFIX got it right. Only thing it didn't have was the Choco racing.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-12-06 18:47:18
Link | Citer | R

They could easily make it work in VII, there's a lot of unused land where you could dig for special items (maybe to help with breeding too)
 Phoenix.Erics
Serveur: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2015-12-06 18:47:37
Link | Citer | R

I enjoyed the flawless translation, i hope there is more of it in the remake.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-12-06 18:52:27
Link | Citer | R

Which character is everyone's favourite?
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2015-12-06 18:54:15
Link | Citer | R

Cid.

[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-12-06 18:59:47
Link | Citer | R

That's a good question. Should they keep the swearing in?
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2015-12-06 19:03:21
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
I think the one thing that people under appreciate from time to time is the story of FF7.
There is lot of subtlety about the plot which most people just shrug of as emo stuff.
I love the more darker tonnes of the game. It touches in some places that need to be pointed out a little bit more in the gaming world.
I tend to enjoy how much people *** about how 'emo' and 'mopey' Cloud is post Zack Persona.

It's almost as if an incredible amount of horrible things happened to him in a very short period of time. One of which occurred over the course of five years. Suddenly things seem to be looking up and then it crashes and burns again. And then again within days. And again some time later. Aaaaand again before he finally put his own personality back together.

But y'know, he's the hero of the game. Clearly he should be able to shrug it all off no problem. Halone forbid we have human protagonists.
[+]
 Phoenix.Erics
Serveur: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2015-12-06 19:05:32
Link | Citer | R

Reno
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-12-06 19:09:52
Link | Citer | R

That's a good question. Should they keep the swearing in?
Most of FFVII's fanbase is 18+ now and it may be voiced, I doubt they will but they could just do an M rating and leave it in.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-12-06 19:12:55
Link | Citer | R

They can just avoid *** and use ***/damn/hell and it won't be such a big deal
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-12-06 19:17:15
Link | Citer | R

They can just avoid *** and use ***/damn/hell and it won't be such a big deal
True. FFVII is the only one I remember having implied profanity. Damn and hell aren't as heavily censored though.
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2015-12-06 19:21:18
Link | Citer | R

When the train reaches maximum speed, Cid goes s************************!!

[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2015-12-06 19:22:37
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

Boobies! :)
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-12-06 19:39:53
Link | Citer | R

Cid is my fave, followed by Vincent. I played Dirge Of Cerberus because of Vincent and loved it. I hope Cid has a cig in his mouth in the remake too. I'm really hoping they don't tone down the smoking, the swearing, and the sexual references. The remake should not be for kids.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-06 19:43:17
Link | Citer | R

Tifa. Maybe not so much for the character per se(I'm actually not particularly fond of any FF7 character, the game in general is only around the middle in my personal ranking of all FFs); but I loved that they made a girl with a monk class, it was only ever replicated in IV-TAY(with the difference that Ursula is meh).
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-12-06 19:46:07
Link | Citer | R

Ok another question time. Should the remake make reference to Angeal and Genesis from Crisis Core? Anyone who's not seen the video below should; it's pretty epic, and probably the best Crisis Core cinematic aside from the ending.

Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-12-06 19:50:10
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
I hope the Shinra mansion is creepy (the music playing is great and I'm looking forward to the remastered version), Sephiroth torching the town was a great scene. Always enjoyed Shinra headquarters when you follow the blood trail too

Oh jeez. Didn't think about that. The mansion could be creepier and bigger (I played Crisis Core and I liked how they recreated it), and the part at Shinra mansion .. should be so creepy you can taste the blood trail.

Rather global concept, but the character development was rather huge and I hope they either develop that further or do it credit this time around. Although I always hated Barrett.

Plus it would be nice to see Tifa as something other than walking Boobs for a change.

You know what I hate? When people talk down about a character because they have big boobs. I mean, I'm playing Metal Gear Solid V Phantom Pain, and Quiet has her cleavage out 24/7, I've bonded with her to the point she's always flirting with me. But I have to be honest, her body is not why I like her. I like her because she's a damn good sniper, and she actually cares about Snake and Mother Base.

It's the same for Tifa. My first reaction of her was "whoa, big boobs", but by the end of FFVII I had completely forgotten about that. I liked Tifa for Tifa. Objectivity is only a thing if the person playing makes it a thing. I didn't like the fact they made Tifa smaller in Advent Children, not because I wanted to see boobs .. but because it's not Tifa. And it's the same for Quiet, if they ever remade MGSV and changed Quiet to have smaller boobs, it wouldn't be Quiet anymore.

So I'm hoping they keep Tifa as she was intended. Big breasted, but most importantly, a lovable character who cares for everyone and keeps Cloud and Barrett from killing each other. Also Tifa saves Cloud from himself.

They will use the ff7 AC Model simply because those giant Baps would clip during combat animation.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-12-06 19:51:08
Link | Citer | R

Ok another question time. Should the remake make reference to Angeal and Genesis from Crisis Core? Anyone who's not seen the video below should; it's pretty epic, and probably the best Crisis Core cinematic aside from the ending.

I want to say no, but that's me. If it does, maybe in a very subtle, easter egg way.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-12-06 19:54:49
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »

I want to say no, but that's me. If it does, maybe in a very subtle, easter egg way.

Maybe as a completely separate side quest where you have to collect video recordings of their fight scenes/training in the training rooms? Could be in the mansion in some stupid coded safe.