11/13/2015 Paris Terrorist Attack

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » 11/13/2015 Paris Terrorist Attack
11/13/2015 Paris Terrorist Attack
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 12 13 14
By Ramyrez 2015-11-17 09:30:49
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
charlo999 said: »
Also lying is acceptable if it helps the advancement of Islam

I'm pretty sure this refers to the fact that they can lie about their religion if they're in danger of losing their lives or being tortured (I think it's called taqiya or something), any persecution basically. Outwardly they can pretend to not be muslim but inwardly they should still be one.

If you're referring to something else then please specify what

It's like American Christians can lie any time they want something that's contraindicated by their religion. Like when they want to turn away those seeking shelter, the hungry, the poor, or the sick because letting them suffer and die is easier than inconveniencing them.

Because that's exactly how Jesus indicated it should be done, or something.

Again. It's probably a minority, and a small one at that. But they're super vocal, and steering the right wing of American politics, so it's a concern.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-11-17 09:42:27
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
You cannot even discuss radical Islam. This is why the civilized world loses.

You cannot mention anything negative about radical Islam without also going into a 30 minute discussion about everything that's ever been wrong with Christianity, just to be fair.

No, I agree that radical Islamic terrorists are a major problem in the world and I am more than ready to decry them, discuss them, insult them, make fun of their god, and generally treat them like the walking pieces of garbage that they are and represent all while finding a way to rid the globe of their taint as long as it doesn't involve hurting innocents in the process.

What I am not willing to do is listen to people who are ardent Christian moralists tell me about how one radical set of beliefs is wrong, but theirs is just great and not at all the same even though the only difference is the degree to which they're willing to go to force their beliefs on others.
If you cannot recognize that Islam has a unique problem with violence far beyond any other organized faith, then we just can't really have a conversation.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-11-17 09:47:16
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
If you cannot recognize that Islam has a unique problem with violence far beyond any other organized faith, then we just can't really have a conversation.

I'm willing to recognize their problem with violence is, at present, bigger than other faiths'.

Things I am not willing to recognize:

- That it is unique
- That those committing the violence are indicative of the religion or ethnicity as a whole.
- That Christianity is without fault (something, something, casting the first stone, something, something Jesus' teachings)
- That I should treat peaceful members of the religion as anathema because an extremely small percentage of their faith is committed to using it as an excuse for violence.

The problem isn't what I'm unwilling to recognize. It's what those who want to push against the entirety of the religion refuse to recognize as antithetical to their proposed beliefs and grievances regarding the treatment of their own beliefs.

You can't say of Christian extremists or wrongdoers "don't judge all of Christendom by the actions of a few" and then turn around and blame Islam -- not the select extremist organizations -- for the actions of terrorists.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-11-17 09:48:41
Link | Citer | R

I always just assumed terrorist groups were like cults here in the states, but instead of getting castrated and drinking poison kool-aid they kill people. People have been killing in the name of religion since...well, forever and it isn't just one religion. >.>
[+]
By charlo999 2015-11-17 09:49:47
Link | Citer | R

charlo999 said: »
Also lying is acceptable if it helps the advancement of Islam

I'm pretty sure this refers to the fact that they can lie about their religion if they're in danger of losing their lives or being tortured (I think it's called taqiya or something), any persecution basically. Outwardly they can pretend to not be muslim but inwardly they should still be one.

If you're referring to something else then please specify what

This is correct. Although if you believe a group wanting global Islam and pushing for the inequality found within sharia law within western democratic, free equal nations wouldn't get persecuted, I don't know what else to tell you.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-11-17 10:04:27
Link | Citer | R

- That Christianity is without fault (something, something, casting the first stone, something, something Jesus' teachings)

https://youtu.be/pfheSAcCsrE?t=2094
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-11-17 10:11:09
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »
I always just assumed terrorist groups were like cults here in the states, but instead of getting castrated and drinking poison kool-aid they kill people. People have been killing in the name of religion since...well, forever and it isn't just one religion. >.>

You cannot compare groups like the KKK to Islamic terrorists. Half of Christianity doesn't believe in the KKK like a half of Islam believes in Sharia law.

Organized Christianity marginalizes the KKK or excommunicates them, there is no equivalent mechanism in Islam.
By Ramyrez 2015-11-17 10:29:39
Link | Citer | R

The Crusades 2015: Doing it right this time and getting them all.™

Really, that's what you're suggesting, tacitly or openly, intentionally or otherwise.

You're advocating wiping out a fifth to a quarter of the world's population. Otherwise you can't be sure they're not terrorists, you know.
[+]
By volkom 2015-11-17 10:31:29
Link | Citer | R

god wills it!

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-11-17 10:39:13
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
You cannot compare groups like the KKK to Islamic terrorists. Half of Christianity doesn't believe in the KKK like a half of Islam believes in Sharia law.

Organized Christianity marginalizes the KKK or excommunicates them, there is no equivalent mechanism in Islam.

Honestly, I'm sure most of Islam doesn't want to believe in the Sharia law. They just don't have much of a choice.

Yeah. Nothing like your government legislating religious beliefs, amirite?
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-11-17 11:09:14
Link | Citer | R

Even if Islamic extremists were trying to take over how would Italy aka home to Catholicism have no chance? A religious war would probably break out if something like that got too close to Vatican City.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-11-17 11:14:29
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Even if Islamic extremists were trying to take over how would Italy aka home to Catholicism have no chance? A religious war would probably break out if something like that got too close to Vatican City.

Yeah. I mean, I get where you were going with that even though I think you're wrong, and I'll give you better marks for effort than FS did, but the fact of the matter is that it would be literally a reverse crusade if an Islamic agency attempting any sort of takeover of Italy.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-11-17 11:31:06
Link | Citer | R

ISIS taking over Muslim countries? I can see that. ISIS taking over Italy? Yeah, probably not. They don't have the power to launch a full-scale war against a first-world country, and they last thing they want is multiple nations to straight up declare war. The current *yawn* war on terror isn't enough to discourage them, but that's because they haven't tried anything so bold as taking over a country like Italy.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-11-17 11:37:47
Link | Citer | R

I don't think it's too difficult to foresee. Most people are basically good people that just want to go about living their lives. They aren't believers, certainly not to the extent of being willing to die for their beliefs. They aren't soldiers. They are not united.

It will be easy for a relative few to beat them into submission.

Then there's also half of the population that is too politically correct to even identify the enemy for fear they will be accused of thinking all Muslims are bad.

Combine that with the fact that it is just a very complicated fight to begin with. It's an ideology. They don't look a certain way. They blend in. We do our best to not judge, to not profile, to not trample on the rights of free people.

Italy has no chance.
Italy is too politically correct?
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-11-17 12:32:22
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
I don't think it's too difficult to foresee. Most people are basically good people that just want to go about living their lives. They aren't believers, certainly not to the extent of being willing to die for their beliefs. They aren't soldiers. They are not united.

It will be easy for a relative few to beat them into submission.

Then there's also half of the population that is too politically correct to even identify the enemy for fear they will be accused of thinking all Muslims are bad.

Combine that with the fact that it is just a very complicated fight to begin with. It's an ideology. They don't look a certain way. They blend in. We do our best to not judge, to not profile, to not trample on the rights of free people.

Italy has no chance.

Apparently you had no chance of explaining how Italy will become a caliphate and seha will be looking good in a burka.

Thanks for trying, but no A for effort. Just a D.

Being judged by a chronic underachiever is fun.
 Asura.Azriel
Serveur: Asura
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2015-11-17 12:33:56
Link | Citer | R

Honestly, I'm sure most of Islam doesn't want to believe in the Sharia law. They just don't have much of a choice.

Appearently a KKK never told you how the white jesus doesnt like black ppl.

Beside mechanism and all that, at the end of the day its messed up humans wanting to kill messed up humans (in their point of view) to spread w/e it is they want to spread so they are less messed up.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Serveur: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-11-17 12:47:51
Link | Citer | R

Really, that's what you're suggesting, tacitly or openly, intentionally or otherwise.

You're advocating wiping out a fifth to a quarter of the world's population. Otherwise you can't be sure they're not terrorists, you know.

It would be nice if they just went through their own Thirty Years War, English Civil War, etc. and spared the rest of the world, though.

Just go duke it out amongst yourselves, please.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-11-17 12:49:34
Link | Citer | R

Did I miss where he linked his resume and it fell woefully short of the lofty standards we set for FFXIAH?

I mean, this is a website intrinsically related to FFXI...

...a game where the more you achieve is almost always linked to how little you're achieving in real life. Outliers considered for people who 1) have great luck/timing/friends to do things for them or 2) buy tons of gil.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-11-17 12:51:35
Link | Citer | R

Yet another hashmark on the big board of "Ramy cannot talk like an adult". I'm in hysterics that people [+] the garbage that falls out of your mouth. I never said we should crusade against or wipe out anyone. Where did I say such a thing? Or even imply it.

Just stop talking, you are embarrassing yourself.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Serveur: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-11-17 12:51:55
Link | Citer | R

Did I miss where he linked his resume and it fell woefully short of the lofty standards we set for FFXIAH?

Don't forget your SS and three forms of ID!
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-11-17 12:54:43
Link | Citer | R

Yet another hashmark on the big board of "Ramy cannot talk like an adult". I'm in hysterics that people [+] the garbage that falls out of your mouth. I never said we should crusade against or wipe out anyone. Where did I say such a thing? Or even imply it.

Your complete and utter inability to link together the things you say with both your own past posts and the post of those supporting your side of an argument has always amused me greatly. (Edit: I forgot satire. You're really, really bad at satire. Like, super bad.)

Your petty insults, not as much, but I think you need them more than I really think they're worth worrying about.~
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-11-17 12:56:57
Link | Citer | R

Oh good, know you know what over a billion people are thinking?

What's your secret? (seriously)
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-11-17 12:57:43
Link | Citer | R

The football arena in Hannover has been evacuated after German police found a suspicious bag and they are now treating it as a real threat
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-11-17 12:59:53
Link | Citer | R

The football arena in Hannover has been evacuated after German police found a suspicious bag and they are now treating it as a real threat

Oh dear.

Well, good luck and here's hoping nothing negative actually comes of it.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-17 13:00:04
Link | Citer | R

As long as they target stadiums I doubt anything bad is going to happen. You can't even bring a bottle of water in a stadium and the vendours inside only give you plastic glasses if you ask for some, that's how strict they are about objects to bring inside.

The real danger is if they put a bomb on something like a metro.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-11-17 13:00:35
Link | Citer | R

Your complete and utter inability to link together the things you say with both your own past posts and the post of those supporting your side of an argument has always amused me greatly. (Edit: I forgot satire. You're really, really bad at satire. Like, super bad.)

Your petty insults, not as much, but I think you need them more than I really think they're worth worrying about.~

You lack the power to listen, read and/or process information in any critical thinking environment. You jump to whatever conclusion you want based on some gut feeling you have that I am secretly your worst enemy which is nothing more than a stunning example of the very prejudice and bigotry you accuse me of.

As I said, just stop, you are just embarrassing yourself.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-11-17 13:00:37
Link | Citer | R

What's your secret? (seriously)

The same as the arrogant right wing politicians who claim to speak for the "silent majority" of upstanding Christian citizens who hate gay marriage, abortions, and reasonably-priced healthcare.
By Ramyrez 2015-11-17 13:01:11
Link | Citer | R

You lack the power to listen, read and/or process information in any critical thinking environment. You jump to whatever conclusion you want based on some gut feeling you have that I am secretly your worst enemy which is nothing more than a stunning example of the very prejudice and bigotry you accuse me of.

As I said, just stop, you are just embarrassing yourself.

You're so cute when you feel threatened.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 12 13 14